Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796068 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elhadji19: 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
Nutshell44:

Where else would anyone refer you to?

lwkm. may be yahoo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elhadji19: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
purityconfi:

Thank you, when you say evaluation will help me boost my GP, please what do you mean?

ur Nigeria 5.0 will be converted to USA 4.0 which will make ur 2.77 abit high. Use WES free evaluation to check this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
IFearGod:
That's probably a reverse psychology used on you. A genuine and confident applicant wouldn't be dettered by the ocean of blues in front of them.

I think you and every other timid applicants should work on your confidence level because that could be a new strategy to separate boys from men and by extension makes their work very easy.
Absolutely,.I take that hook,line and sinker.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by johnmattew: 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2018
how do I locate famous guest house?...any alternative hotel apart from famous?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 9:20pm On Dec 07, 2018
johnmattew:
how do I locate famous guest house?...any alternative hotel apart from famous?

When is your interview, Famous guest house is located at obalende. There lowest room is for 5,500k. It is very conducive.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lizzy828: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
Admins I need help in scheduling my interview cos my programme starts by jan4 and I intend to leave Nigeria on 28 DEC. And the nearest available date is Jan 10
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
Were you previously been denied or this is your first time? You could use the expedient appointment option.
Lizzy828:
Admins I need help in scheduling my interview cos my programme starts by jan4 and I intend to leave Nigeria on 28 DEC. And the nearest available date is Jan 10
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:00am On Dec 08, 2018
Gospelozy:
Good day my people. Please I need a link where I can get samples of SOP and résumé.
Please don't refer me to Google as it's giving me nothing.
Thank you in anticipation.
what's your area of interest?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lizzy828: 10:53am On Dec 08, 2018
fairheart:
Were you previously been denied or this is your first time? You could use the expedient appointment option.

I wasn't deny. It's my first time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:43am On Dec 08, 2018
You can use the expedient appointment option. It will be granted. Good luck
Lizzy828:

I wasn't deny. It's my first time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 11:43am On Dec 08, 2018
fairheart:

I want to know if I can send you a PM. I need to hear some things directly from you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:53am On Dec 08, 2018
Sure, you can!
Predstan:

I want to know if I can send you a PM. I need to hear some things directly from you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 11:58am On Dec 08, 2018
please wes is 205 dollar... but i dont know how much it cost in naira...in addition to waec.... please how muchbdoes it all cost
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2018
I sent you a mail..pls revert

fairheart:
Sure, you can!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalondon: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2018
elhadji19:

It is advisable that u applied for more than one school so the admission application fee is not enough for two schools not to talk about 4 or 5 schools.

Secondly, u can add IELTS, this will allow u to apply for good schools that requires IELTS as part of their admission requirements and also make u eligible for teaching assistantship.

Thirdly, I don't think police clearance is needed for USA student visa. Good luck

Ok i will remove the police clearance from the list of requirements. Please don't hesitate to drop any other information which you think might be helpful to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2018
There's no message from you in my messages list.
Naughtyvirgin:

I sent you a mail..pls revert

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2018
Is this ur mail?? emmanuelkingx@gmail.com

fairheart:
There's no message from you in my messages list.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2018
That's correct.
Naughtyvirgin:
Is this ur mail?? emmanuelkingx@gmail.com

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2018
I've re-sent it...i hope you'd see it this time

fairheart:
That's correct.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2018
Seen!
Naughtyvirgin:
I've re-sent it...i hope you'd see it this time

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spring2019: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2018
slamcole:
Morning here. Does anyone knows someone in university of southern Mississippi. I need someone to share room with. Thanks

Hey bro, has your status changed to issued?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lizzy828: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2018
1. Where are you going to?
I am going for associate degree in psychology at Houston community college, Houston, Texas.

2. Why associate degree?
I want to acquire foundational knowledge and develop my critical thinking skills in psychology to enable me specialize in criminal psychology at the bachelor's level.

3. How many schools did you apply to?
I applied to 5 schools (Houston community college, Lone star college system, Murray state college, Blinn college, Central texas college) 3 gave me admission (Houston community college, Lone star college system, Central texas college).

4. Why HCC?
HCC has a multi-disciplinary course structure that will enable me learn across several major field in psychology hence brings about vast knowledge. Electives can be chosen according to my needs. It also help learning about psychology outside the classroom through interaction with students and professors who share similar interest as me thus create great learning experience.

5. How did you hear about this school?
It was highly recommended by my tutor at the SAT class afterwards I used internet tool like google.com to navigate the school's website to see if it matched my profile and USnew.com to check for it ranking.

6. Why psychology?
It will develop my thinking skills, make me a better communicator and create knowledge and understanding of how minds of individuals work and how it influence their behaviour thus making it easier for me to specialize in criminal psychology at my bachelor's level in other to help my country reduce crime rate by understanding the mind and behavior of criminals, evaluate factors that cause the occurance of crime and create techniques to help people make smarter choices in life.

7. Tell me about your study plan?
Psychology is the scientific study of human minds and how it influences behaviour. Course duration is 24months, 60credit hours, few of the courses I will be taking are(biology for science, general psychology, introduction to psychology, lifespan growth and development, statistical method in psychology).

8. Why the USA?
The USA schools comprises of diverse people from different country hence brings about different talent, skills and experience thus creates innovation. The standard of education in the USA is impeccable as it entails both practical and theoretical blend that will guarantee a great learning experience and best practices to bring back home when I return to Nigeria.

9. Who is your sponsor?
My brother(*******) is my sponsor and the CEO of ******* oil and gas PLC.

Congrats I will be approving your visa.
Biko Admins criticize my transcript and correct me and I need more morales pls. I hope I can express myself on the deal day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2018
Lizzy828:
1. Where are you going to?
I am going for associate degree in psychology at Houston community college, Houston, Texas.

2. Why associate degree?
I want to acquire foundational knowledge and develop my critical thinking skills in psychology to enable me specialize in criminal psychology at the bachelor's level.

3. How many schools did you apply to?
I applied to 5 schools (Houston community college, Lone star college system, Murray state college, Blinn college, Central texas college) 3 gave me admission (Houston community college, Lone star college system, Central texas college).

4. Why HCC?
HCC has a multi-disciplinary course structure that will enable me learn across several major field in psychology hence brings about vast knowledge. Electives can be chosen according to my needs. It also help learning about psychology outside the classroom through interaction with students and professors who share similar interest as me thus create great learning experience.

5. How did you hear about this school?
It was highly recommended by my tutor at the SAT class afterwards I used internet tool like google.com to navigate the school's website to see if it matched my profile and USnew.com to check for it ranking.

6. Why psychology?
It will develop my thinking skills, make me a better communicator and create knowledge and understanding of how minds of individuals work and how it influence their behaviour thus making it easier for me to specialize in criminal psychology at my bachelor's level in other to help my country reduce crime rate by understanding the mind and behavior of criminals, evaluate factors that cause the occurance of crime and create techniques to help people make smarter choices in life.

7. Tell me about your study plan?
Psychology is the scientific study of human minds and how it influences behaviour. Course duration is 24months, 60credit hours, few of the courses I will be taking are(biology for science, general psychology, introduction to psychology, lifespan growth and development, statistical method in psychology).

8. Why the USA?
The USA schools comprises of diverse people from different country hence brings about different talent, skills and experience thus creates innovation. The standard of education in the USA is impeccable as it entails both practical and theoretical blend that will guarantee a great learning experience and best practices to bring back home when I return to Nigeria.

9. Who is your sponsor?
My brother(*******) is my sponsor and the CEO of ******* oil and gas PLC.

Congrats I will be approving your visa.
Biko Admins criticize my transcript and correct me and I need more morales pls. I hope I can express myself on the deal day.

You have really done a great job.

If a VO ask you why Associate degree and not Bachelor degree. Come up with an answer for that. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by johnmattew: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2018
UzzyBreeze:

As much as you can provide. It must cover all expenses (in fact, double and more if possible) to stand a better chance.
I have paid my first year tuition fees as requested by the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aoruma: 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
i was denied visa in the UK twice for tourism during my masters program
I returned to Nigeria since 2016 October, but was to apply for master and PHD, i am looking for a school without GRE and Toefl if possible with any school that gives tuition waver or any kind of support for international student i have part of thr fees but to pay the rest later.pls i am looking at courses like information technology and technology management.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 1:16am On Dec 09, 2018
aoruma:
i was denied visa in the UK twice for tourism during my masters program
I returned to Nigeria since 2016 October, but was to apply for master and PHD, i am looking for a school without GRE and Toefl if possible with any school that gives tuition waver or any kind of support for international student i have part of thr fees but to pay the rest later.pls i am looking at courses like information technology and technology management.
Look for nahun... people who write exams are still googling usnews, graduate portal etc... and you want it so easy you still want someone to do your homework for you.... like that should even be the least of your problem bro! you even have money, some people cant even afford sevis fees ... A stem course for that matter.... dont worry... 100kobo amd fairheart are on their way to help you search angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by elhadji19: 4:36am On Dec 09, 2018
Sheq:
Look for nahun... people who write exams are still googling usnews, graduate portal etc... and you want it so easy you still want someone to do your homework for you.... like that should even be the least of your problem bro! you even have money, some people cant even afford sevis fees ... A stem course for that matter.... dont worry... 100kobo amd fairheart are on their way to help you search angry

Lwkm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 4:41am On Dec 09, 2018
Humble11:

Am even confused to understand what you are typing. How will the V.O now understand you?

Humble please be humble..... lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 4:43am On Dec 09, 2018
Pefuele:

Yeap you are spot on.
However,this is actually the first point I wanted to tell the VO but changed my mind before I went to the window:
I chose the school because of a research interest on biomass gasification by prof Xxxx.The Prof is an astute academic in biomass gasification of Sustainable energy plant and I was interested in this research because it offers solutions to the energy crises in Nigeria.The research addresses the lower gas supply common to power plants in Nigeria and will afford me the skills and knowledge to offers solutions to my work place in the short term and Nigeria as a whole in the long-term.This what I had in mind as first point but I changed it to second just before the interview...
This is actually why I chose it initially.Can you help critique that?Or may be help with anything I can add.Thanks

Cram and pour. See as you dey pour am for here like say you dey ejaculate... lol... Get used to your answers so that no matter how frightened or nervous you may appear before the VO, you will still have traces of your answers floating in your head that you can always sell the VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 4:46am On Dec 09, 2018
Pefuele:
Yeap,but I can ride on knowledge of someone that chose the school and probably the same course.
You may have a better knowledge that is why I am open to ideas.
On what the masters will do for me:Yeap,I lost my train of thoughts.
But is what I wanted to say:
I currently work as a Senior Service Engineer at Bleep Nigeria limited.I face problems such as power issues that damaged board,delayed in spares and quality assurance to meet the needs of customers every day.Courses such as total quality management,environmental policies,logistics and supply chain management and biomass gasification and renewable energy will offer me skills and knowledge to resolve those problems.Also the company I work is currently moving to a new ISO standard and demands for review of quality and environmental objectives will be required.I will also help in this capacity when I come back to Nigeria.This will ultimately lead to promotion as I help take the company to a new level.
That's is what I had in mind..
Can you help critique that?Thanks!

The VO will ask you why you want to spend so much on masters only to come back to your job. Sometimes, this response can be a red flag o. Sometimes o. While some times its a case of different strokes for different folks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 4:49am On Dec 09, 2018
Pefuele:

Honestly,it was fear when all I saw was blue paper and the VO no even put white paper for table.She has stacks of blue paper and no white paper on her table.
She bone face like today nah today.....one small babe.God is in control.

Beautifying her table with blue paper is part of the trick to get visa applicants nervous and have them derail. It's a "shutdown technique"... please always stay positive and just assume it that the white paper is hidden for you alone. She no wan do mistake give am another. Have that mindset

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.