Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,744 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797017 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by akpumping30(m): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Good day house, I want to ask ... my appointment is Jan 9 and school resume Jan 14 , I was told to mail the school, to inform them ... Is it compulsory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
akpumping30:
Good day house, I want to ask ... my appointment is Jan 9 and school resume Jan 14 , I was told to mail the school, to inform them ... Is it compulsory
Yes mail them they'll give you an extension letter, the V.O might ask. I know of someone In this your shoes this time last year the extension letter was asked which he presented and he was granted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
akpumping30:
Yes you should, same situation too, Jan 9 and school resumes 14th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
Enasdan:
for those going for graduate studies and that filled employed in their DS-160, which of the letter is required by the US embassy ?

1.letter of study leave
2 letter of introduction
3 letter of employment

thanks
Please someone help us answer if any of these is required.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 10:48pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please if you've scheduled an appointment in Lagos for this or next week and you're not planning to go for your interview, please release that date, biko. I wan use am... Thank you very many... cool

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kumashi2: 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
kumashi2@yahoo.com
ur numb?

martineverest:
your number pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alexohams2000(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello house, please I need the link to check available dates please. God bless us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by schoolgal: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2018
Good morning please ihave a very serious issue i really need help cos my appointment date is close..
i was trying to book appointment for my kids for usa visa
i filled the ds 160 half way and used the number to book the appointment
but i tried to go back to complete the ds160 it refuses to open
it saying wrong date of birth, wrong surname everything wrong
so i want to try and fill another ds160 but the problem now is dat i cant edit it from the appointment confirmation website
cos i filled her name under family and the family column refuses to open
please if there's anything you can advice please will really appreciate please..please please i can even pay for dis solution please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by schoolgal: 7:06am On Dec 12, 2018
theres no link, if u pay ur visa fee and start filling out your application it automatically take you there.

alexohams2000:
Hello house, please I need the link to check available dates please. God bless us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 7:45am On Dec 12, 2018
Please how long does it take SEVIS to receive/update payment by Check/Money Order? My friend in the US went ahead to pay with Money Order or check, instead of western union.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Audt: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2018
Please house I need your help, I greet all the brians here, the work you guys are doing is so great... Please house I am going to Embassy next tomorrow and this is my second time... I am 26 now and I was 25 when I first applied... I am going for undergraduate in General Business... Please I need some help and what do you think because the first interview went on fine and the VO was smiling and I was happy in my mind that maybe I am getting this visa but last after a lot of questions and answers it was blue paper... I don’t want the blue paper this time please house I need your help and orientation...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kehindeafusat: 9:17am On Dec 12, 2018
Adhheir:

Hello,
Any new developments on your visa status? Have you received your passport? Some of us are actually hoping it was a system glitch and the visa comes with your passport since you submitted genuine statements.
Good morning aduku1 ,please can i get your email address i need to ask a very urgent question.Or you can send me a mail @ kehindeafusat@gmail.com . i will really appreciate if i can get a response quickly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by drwrites: 10:19am On Dec 12, 2018
Good morning gurus in the house.

Please my I-20 is on transit, so I want to know the process flow of what I need to do for Interview appointment booking.

Also must I submit my DS 160 before, I can book a date?

I need your help to kindly put me through the process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 10:55am On Dec 12, 2018
So
omoobaadeNGR:
Please if you've scheduled an appointment in Lagos for this or next week and you're not planning to go for your interview, please release that date, biko. I wan use am... Thank you very many... cool
God bless that someone who released 24th December for me o, I don use that one. However, I go need make someone helep me free a date between Wednesday and Thursday next week. Biko, e se o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:
So
God bless that someone who released 24th December for me o, I don use that one. However, I go need make someone helep me free a date between Wednesday and Thursday next week. Biko, e se o.
lucky you lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 11:13am On Dec 12, 2018
Gewezzy1:
lucky you lol

grin I still dey push my luck and hoping to get a closer date. I wan leave on Christmas day by God's grace... wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 11:29am On Dec 12, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

grin I still dey push my luck and hoping to get a closer date. I wan leave on Christmas day by God's grace... wink
Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 11:49am On Dec 12, 2018
Gewezzy1:
Amen

What stage of the processing are you at?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Astaclover9: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2018
Wizzyosi11:
US MPH admit for Fall 2019 let's gather and brainstorm.....I opened a thread "MPH Admits 2019 U.s.a (admissions, visa and travel) " under the travels section
The thread is closed � ��‍♂️
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

What stage of the processing are you at?
waiting for January 9th for my appointment, nd hoping someone decides to free first week of January for me lol...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2018
Gewezzy1:
waiting for January 9th for my appointment, nd hoping someone decides to free first week of January for me lol...

Ok, but I think there's another vacancy on 24th now. cheesy Or you don't want to leave until next year?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dot1(m): 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2018
Good day everyone. I have a bachelor degree in Accounting with some work experience. I would like to change my career path by going for another undergraduate program in computer science in the US. Would this be a problem at the embassy? Would the fact that I am almost 40 be a problem? Thank you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2018
Urgency!! Please house i am on my laptop and i want to book a date for my interview. My school resumes Jan 14th but orientation is January 6th. Please which location will i likely get an earlier date Abuja or Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
nelronaldo:
Urgency!! Please house i am on my laptop and i want to book a date for my interview. My school resumes Jan 14th but orientation is January 6th. Please which location will i likely get an earlier date Abuja or Lagos.

book 24 December in Lagos now...be fast. Earliest available in Abuja is 2 January.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2018
Dot1:
Good day everyone. I have a bachelor degree in Accounting with some work experience. I would like to change my career path by going for another undergraduate program in computer science in the US. Would this be a problem at the embassy? Would the fact that I am almost 40 be a problem? Thank you all
Just go for a masters in CS (you might just have to take some additional courses) or associate degree*...if you already have some coding skills its better. or go for Management information system to tone down the heavy coding requirements.

associate degree* - I have my reservations about this approach but thats IMO

I don't know why people in this part of the world think that in order to switch career paths you need to start bachelors again. No you dont!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by drwrites: 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Someone should pls assist with the below questions.

drwrites:
Good morning gurus in the house.

Please my I-20 is on transit, so I want to know the process flow of what I need to do for Interview appointment booking.

Also must I submit my DS 160 before, I can book a date?

I need your help to kindly put me through the process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Dot1:

Why not go for masters? The Vo will even be wondering why at 40 u are not even considering PHD!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2018
CuteRedd:
Just go for a masters in CS (you might just have to take some additional courses) or associate degree*...if you already have some coding skills its better. or go for Management information system to tone down the heavy coding requirements.

associate degree* - I have my reservations about this approach but thats IMO

I don't know why people in this part of the world think that in order to switch career paths you need to start bachelors again. No you dont!
You need to understand that not all MSc CS programs admit people without CS backgrounds. Some like UTDallas do with specific requirements though

Degree requirements: Bachelor's degree which includes 2 semesters of calculus and 1 semester of linear algebra and a strong foundation in programming.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Afolabi6046:
You need to understand that not all MSc CS programs admit people without CS backgrounds. Some like UTDallas do with specific requirements though

Degree requirements: Bachelor's degree which includes 2 semesters of calculus and 1 semester of linear algebra and a strong foundation in programming.
I sight you chief. What of people who have studied Maths and CS but CS is just a minor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
first time at the embassy today. just four questions then denied straight. answered with a shaky voice. but today the visa officers were just dishing out blue papers today. damn, especially that window 5 white woman. no gre then you're gone lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2018
Jaybeepictures:
first time at the embassy today. just four questions then denied straight. answered with a shaky voice. but today the visa officers were just dishing out blue papers today. damn, especially that window 5 white woman. no gre then you're gone lol.

Please Post transcript.

Sorry about your denial.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.