Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (799125 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
checky619:
I have to pay for my admission processing before January, I have my money in bitcoin crydue to bitcoin crash angry the money is not complete cry someone help me cry

My mum can afford my school and travelling processing, just that she can't get it till January... And it will be too late cry

I understand You wanna increase your funds with the OT of last year, thinking that Bitcoin will also rise to 20k this year?, grin,

What I don't understand is the admission processing part. Do you mean application fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paulemi(m): 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
smileforme15:
Please how safe am i? My visa appointment date is January 7, but my i20 states i need to be on campus january 7th for orientation.

Your response is appreciated cos i have considered expedient appointment or something

My case exactly. The school states Jan 7th and 8th for students check in and clearance, orientation proper is 11th. Visa appointment date is 11th, and my request for an expedited appointment has just been denied.

Guys, what do I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
paulemi:

My case exactly. The school states Jan 7th and 8th for students check in and clearance, orientation proper is 11th. Visa appointment date is 11th, and my request for an expedited appointment has just been denied.

Guys, what do I do?

Reach out to the school if they can formally give you N extension . If they agree you can resume a bit later. Have the evidence to hand when you go for your interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ollypapi(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

New degree.. meaning master or another VEX

Bsc going to get another Bsc or community college is very difficult to get visa. Not to discourage you. It possible but harder

With God all things are possible.
New bsc degree because i got a job after nysc in another field which i hav been doing but im limited due to lack of degree in the new field of course i found myslef and that is why im applying for bsc in it.
Kindly reply my questions one by one

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello people... abeg... i have been asking questions on wes... all you people who bring proposed trsnscripts... didnt you evaluate your results? Try to help too na...

Anyways... i am confused here....for the first school ,intstitue of technology i am given no option for delivery.. please what does it mean? Only standard delivery for that

And please what shoukd i pick for the second one,the state university... should i pick standard too? What does standard delivery entail...

Thank youuu

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paulemi(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Reach out to the school if they can formally give you N extension . If they agree you can resume a bit later. Have the evidence to hand when you go for your interview

Alright. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2018
ollypapi:

With God all things are possible.
New bsc degree because i got a job after nysc in another field which i hav been doing but im limited due to lack of degree in the new field of course i found myslef and that is why im applying for bsc in it.
Kindly reply my questions one by one
instead of BSc go for a masters in your new career change. Alot of people change career path nowadays and its so flexible. You can do a BSc in history and go for a masters in IT the world today is that flexible. No one will stop you from achieving your dream

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glorious0: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thanks, I appreciate. Would check that right away
Spotlighte:

Check out Tulane University. It ranks 21 on usnews I think. It doesn't require an application fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by checky619: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
lasthero:

I understand You wanna increase your funds with the OT of last year, thinking that Bitcoin will also rise to 20k this year?, grin,

What I don't understand is the admission processing part. Do you mean application fee?

Yes o... My application fee is 200k, I have 100k cash, I bought 120k bitcoin, when it is was $6,300, now my money in bitcoin is 68k cry so if should sell it I will have just 168k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glorious0: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thanks, I appreciat, would do just that.
Timotee:

Try Michigan Tech. They do not have an application fee and it's a good school (https://www.mtu.edu/gradschool/prospective/apply-now/faq/)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Glorious0: 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thanks, would search for more schools
fairheart:
You may not find what you are looking for: school that will offer Master's admission without paying application fee. If you are talking about undergraduate application, I can point to over 10 schools. But for masters? Hmm. Find a school you strongly believe you will meet its admission requirement and that has its application fee is under $70. This isn't too much

On school that offers scholarship, you will have to use google. Search with this string: Affordable US Universities for Masters in Business Program with scholarship.

I will advice you to focus on "state universities" as they are mostly affordable, and usually offer scholarship. . Good luck!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olawale008888: 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olawale008888:
Morning guys...pls a friend needs help...he is going for spring 2019 and he is to resume 2nd week of january...after filling his form he noticed he chose lagos as the location for his interview instead of abuja because abuja has closer dates for interview....please how can he change it back to abuja (note* he has submitted his application) and if thats not possible how can he get a closer date for Lagos.....thanks guys
Abeg wu is going to Baltimore this spring...hola at ur guy...

Please would be very happy if we could get a reply....my transcript would b dropping soon i don forget wetin i follow VO talk but i go try write something down so that it could help people..
N if u r going for ur interview stand straight dont rest on the stand between u n d VO....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olawale008888:

Please would be very happy if we could get a reply....my transcript would b dropping soon i don forget wetin i follow VO talk but i go try write something down so that it could help people..
N if u r going for ur interview stand straight dont rest on the stand between u n d VO....

The bolded made me laugh. grin how is resting on the stand preventing one from getting the visa. What if the person has Leg problem?

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 2by5: 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello Guys,

Please I need your response. Is it possible to do the IS interview in another country? A friend is in another country on to study. He will soon finish his course and wants to apply to the school from there instead of coming home. How possible is this please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 2by5: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello Guys,

Please I need your response. Is it possible to do the US interview in another country aside Nigeria. A friend is in another country on study visa. He will soon finish his course and wants to apply to the schooler was admitted from there instead of coming home. How possible is this please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
F
checky619:

Yes o... My application fee is 200k, I have 100k cash, I bought 120k bitcoin, when it is was $6,300, now my money in bitcoin is 68k cry so if should sell it I will have just 168k

Do you mean visa agent fee?.
That 200k seem outrageous to me. The highest application fee I have seen is $100 (36,500).

Which school is charging you over $540(200k) for application fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
lasthero:
F

That 200k seem outrageous to me. The highest application fee I have seen is $100 (36,500).

Maybe it's for another country own
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olawale008888: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ubah1:

The bolded made me laugh. grin how is resting on the stand preventing one from getting the visa. What if the person has Leg problem?

I actually read it somewhere....it stated that resting on the stand would give a bad impression of u....its an interview so everything has to be formal....but if there is a case of a leg problem den d person might ask rhe VO if its ok to do that stating u can't stand without resting....pls someone shu answer my question....its really urgent

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Obyknow(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Sheq:
Hello people... abeg... i have been asking questions on wes... all you people who bring proposed trsnscripts... didnt you evaluate your results? Try to help too na...

Anyways... i am confused here....for the first school ,intstitue of technology i am given no option for delivery.. please what does it mean? Only standard delivery for that

And please what shoukd i pick for the second one,the state university... should i pick standard too? What does standard delivery entail...

Thank youuu

Don't waste your money by selecting International Courier ,which just has tracking option.

I recommend you to select standard delivery
Standard delivery takes 10-15 days,whilst International courier takes 3-4 days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaxx007: 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olawale008888:

I actually read it somewhere....it stated that resting on the stand would give a bad impression of u....its an interview so everything has to be formal....but if there is a case of a leg problem den d person might ask rhe VO if its ok to do that stating u can't stand without resting....pls someone shu answer my question....its really urgent

Resting on the stand is called lower position. When with the vo you should be able to exhibit authority and that is done with a higher position.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ararume2: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
Abacino007:
Visa denied today at Lagos embassy. Appointment was 6:30. My third attempt. I was Denied May 10, June 1 and Today December 11.

Transcript in full.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning

VO: pass your i20 and passport
Me: I did as instructed

VO: how did you hear about the school?
Me: from Prof Taylor. Prof Taylor is .... cut in

VO: what’s your highest level of Education
Me: Bsc. Economics

VO: what have you been doing after your graduation

Me: after my graduation before going for my nysc, I worked under professor Denola my then HOD being the best student in Econometics in my set. I did that for a while before I left for my Nysc. After my nysc I started working in my uncle’s company and I recently got a part time lecturing Job at XYZ where I work till date.

VO: who will be sponsoring you studies?
Me: I guessed I messed up here by not stating that I got a GA offer that covers 50% tuition waiver and a monthly stipends.
I only said my aunty and uncle.

VO: what are they doing
Me: my uncle own a personal forex business cut in
My aunty is a chief accountant at XYZ

Type for like three minutes and handed me the blue paper.

@100kobo, thank you very much to your support all these while. You are a winner. I am grateful.

I have few challenges that I want the house to help me on. I have fallen a prey of agent before knowing about this platform.
This is my challenge, the agent that helped me to create my account did not realease the log in details. Though we filled the Ds160 form together but he refused to give me the log in details. I want to book another appointment ASAP and I want to leave him out the whole process because he has given my dad a wrong orientation that I should not reapply, that I should travel to Dubai or any other for me to have a travel experience before reapplying which I don’t buy. Is there away I can book another appointment and access my full details with my confirmation number. I feel positive about me reapplying

It's well bro. Are you implying that people without tuition wavers don't stand a good chance of being given F1 visas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ararume2: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
Abacino007:
Visa denied today at Lagos embassy. Appointment was 6:30. My third attempt. I was Denied May 10, June 1 and Today December 11.

Transcript in full.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning

VO: pass your i20 and passport
Me: I did as instructed

VO: how did you hear about the school?
Me: from Prof Taylor. Prof Taylor is .... cut in

VO: what’s your highest level of Education
Me: Bsc. Economics

VO: what have you been doing after your graduation

Me: after my graduation before going for my nysc, I worked under professor Denola my then HOD being the best student in Econometics in my set. I did that for a while before I left for my Nysc. After my nysc I started working in my uncle’s company and I recently got a part time lecturing Job at XYZ where I work till date.

VO: who will be sponsoring you studies?
Me: I guessed I messed up here by not stating that I got a GA offer that covers 50% tuition waiver and a monthly stipends.
I only said my aunty and uncle.

VO: what are they doing
Me: my uncle own a personal forex business cut in
My aunty is a chief accountant at XYZ

Type for like three minutes and handed me the blue paper.

@100kobo, thank you very much to your support all these while. You are a winner. I am grateful.

I have few challenges that I want the house to help me on. I have fallen a prey of agent before knowing about this platform.
This is my challenge, the agent that helped me to create my account did not realease the log in details. Though we filled the Ds160 form together but he refused to give me the log in details. I want to book another appointment ASAP and I want to leave him out the whole process because he has given my dad a wrong orientation that I should not reapply, that I should travel to Dubai or any other for me to have a travel experience before reapplying which I don’t buy. Is there away I can book another appointment and access my full details with my confirmation number. I feel positive about me reapplying

It's well bro. Are you implying that people without tuition wavers don't stand a good chance of being given F1 visas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by FA13(m): 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
lasthero:
F

I have seen 168 dollars
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by FA13(m): 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello,
Has anyone applied to graduate program at Texas A and M College station this year.

I have difficulty in paying the application fee. They change their application website this year and it is not accepting all atm cards I used.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2018
FA13:
Hello,
Has anyone applied to graduate program at Texas A and M College station this year.

I have difficulty in paying the application fee. They change their application website this year and it is not accepting all atm cards I used.
use a getbarter.co virtual card fund it, convert to dollars and use.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by checky619: 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
lasthero:
F

Yes exactly you're right it's agent fee but together with the school application fee with visa counselling and packaging

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
checky619:

Yes exactly you're right it's agent fee but together with the school application fee with visa counselling and packaging

Just one advice. Run from agents.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by checky619: 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
lasthero:

Just one advice. Run from agents.

Hhmmm okay but please is it all agents that are scammers because this agent I'm about to use was referred to me from someone in the states whom she assisted

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ararume2:

No, I am not saying that. We all have equal chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

With all we have said about agents.... you still get mind to use them shocked. Why n.a.?

All the best for next time, please do it yourself

I have fallen before joining this wonderful platform
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
Sheq:

Sorry about your situation.... you are obviously a strong person

Please how much in naira didnyou pay for wes evaluation amd did you send your waec?

I did not use WES or any other body
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ubah1:

Sorry about the delay. You can easily get back your account by creating a new account with your own email. During the process, the system will detect your old account when you input your passport number and date of birth. You will be asked to upload your passport data page in order to claim ownership of the old account. Before 48 hours, old account will be moved to your new account after confirming your ID

Done. Thank you for this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.