Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796596 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Godsmercy11: 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
I wish u best of luck bro

yuscodguy:

The bad people who have used the student route to enter Yankee jeopardise the chances of the serious student.

We just needed more prove that we are a geniune student. We will all get it. Please pray for me my interview is coming soon as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Middy25(f): 3:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
Oluwatoyinakinb:
Hello I need help on what to prepare for I am applying for F2 visa,what are the likely questions I might encounter at the embassy and do I have somebody who have gone for this and the visa was granted.pls contact me.

Hello, pls were u able to get an earlier date? And how did it go? I sent u a pm though. It will be nice if u reply this. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 3:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

My observation:

1. HOW DID YOU CHOOSE THIS SCHOOL?
here VO meant how did you get to know about this school and not what factors made you choose the school. Your answer could be that it was recommended or you searched for it using xyz website or stuffs like that. let them know how u got to hear about the school and not y u chose it.

2. Your sponsor and then your age. By that question, I think VO will be wondering why your sister's husband will want to sponsor ur advanced studies. What is your ties with him? I think saying ur sister sef or an immediate family member is better and shows more ties than an inlaw. My opinion though, I might be wrong.

3. After u talked about ur inlaw being your sponsor, VO asked about ur age and I guess u r above 30 and they expect you to have a savings of your own as well to help lift the financial burden from ur inlaw. that way, your inlaw will first see you as a serious person first before the VO will confirm this as well. VO will see it that there is no real ties between u and ur inlaw. Your in-law is likely to attend to his own immediate family financial needs first before considering yours (who isn't his immediate family) . Again, it's my opinion o.

You are so correct!! Why would your inlaw sponsor you, when he can sponsor his own siblings instead. I’m sure that’s what the VO was thinking. He’s probably over 30, the VO will feel at 30..you are a able bodied man, why will another able bodied sponsor you when you can sponsor yourself.
That’s what I think tho.
You should have just said your sister instead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sensisosu: 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
Guys please what does this email connotes ?

Dear XXXX,

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Victoria Island - Lagos, DHL, Victoria Island, Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaxx007: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

So sorry about your denial dear. Your answers were okay and I will encourage you to try again and maintain consistency. But if I may ask, did you fill your DS yourself all through the times u have applied/ been applying? I asked because if someone else did, maybe they might have mistakenly inputted a travel history for you without you knowing it making most VOs to scroll through the pages of ur passport in search of a visa stamp. More so, I think with regards the question about your sponsor, you should have first stated who your sponsor was FIRST before talking about the funding. Remember the question was about WHO YOUR SPONSOR IS and not if you had a funding.

I have read your transcript over and over and I suspect it's about your response with regards your sponsor. Let us learn to Answer what we are asked FIRST before adding jara or better still leaving it at that

I may be wrong but this is my observation. Next time tell them who your sponsor is first cos VO may wonder, doesn't it mean u wouldn't have schooled or wanted to pursue your studies if u never got funding? Again, my opinion though.

I wish you the best. But please, do not give up.

You are right. I used an agent to fill my Ds160 and will reviewing it I saw it was filled wrongly and I was not happy. I had to make sure he refilled it. I actually thought it was an impossible task for me to do but it’s extremely easy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bukyolami(f): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
Good day, please I am in need of earliest date say between 28 to jan4 , I was recently denied. If anyone could help. My no is 07068754408
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
Have you ever used an agent to submit an application before? It would appear that an agent has filled in your DS-160 that you have traveled before.
Godsmercy11:
Not to discourage anyone but might probably give it a break or go to another country for my masters(i dont understand this yankee people anymore).. my interview was today at the lagos embassy and i was denied.

This is not my first time, i was previously denied around august this year and i made little changes to my ds160... added the fact that i was now employed and currently working in my dads private property and investment company as a site building project supervisor...

below is my interview transcript...

Vo:What are you going to do in the us?
Me: i am going for my msc in IE at the university of newhaven in west haven Connecticut

Vo: Why this course?

Me: I choose to study IE because of its limitless job opportunities. IE is a good mixture of business and engineering and that is why it is applied to most area of work that needs to be improved by any standard, there is really no other engineerig decipline that allows such level of freedom bwt the industry and roles that can be played by an Engineer sotherefore upon my return to Nigeria i did be able to fix into multiple rules in the Nigeria Industrial sectors ranging from prodcution, logistics, quality assurance, safety management and lots more..

Vo: what will you do after the end of your program?

Me: upon graduation i will be comming back to Nigeria to contribute to the revolution of industry, most especially the manufacturing industry because according to Nigeria vission 2020 the Nigeria manufacturing industry further provides us with the greatest opportunity to transform our economy and i hope to contribute imersely to this. Aslo going forward i hope to establish a polythene manufacturing...(he then cut me short)

Vo: kept typing for long, then looked at my I20 and asked who was paying and what does he do

Me: i told him first that i got 30 percent scholarship to reduce my tuttion and then my dad would be paying for the rest and i told hm my dad is an architect by profession and he is also a private building contractor and he also owns a private property and investment company in abuja.

Vo: Then he opened my passport and checked through for any visa stamp( same thing the last vo did, i dont understand why this is so, do i have to have travelling experience to secure visa?)

He then asked if i had travelled out of Nigeria b4 and i said no that i had no reason to until now...

Na so i hear sorry...!i just smiled and left

I was relaxed all through the conversation unlike my previous application

Please i would appreciate any input on this

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ararume2:

Someone said the US embassy is very reluctant in giving visas to first time travellers in view of the present economic and political realities.
A guy who had his high school education in the United Kingdom was delayed in my front.Definitely not really about traveling experience...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Godsmercy11: 6:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
No i haven't used an agent before... I filled the form my self and ticked the right boxes when asked on my ds169

omoobaadeNGR:
Have you ever used an agent to submit an application before? It would appear that an agent has filled in your DS-160 that you have traveled before.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Demonicide(f): 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
make it a date with the consular officers.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Best201195(m): 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hello, where can I get a WAEC scratch card? I went to WAEC office today and I was given a paper containing a pin which isn't acceptable for evaluation purposes. Please where can I get the scratch card? Somewhere in Ogun State or Ibadan.

Quite urgent please cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2018
Demonicide:
make it a date with the consular officers.

upon everything, it's what is on their mind they will still do..it's time our government makes this country a better place..everyone is using study as a route/plan to leave the country, i won't blame them much tbh, because most of us here are really pretending to be real students but God knows best. All the best to tye rest who are yet to have their interviews conducted

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2018
Jaybeepictures:

upon everything, it's what is on their mind they will still do..it's time our government makes this country a better place..everyone is using study as a route/plan to leave the country, i won't blame them much tbh, because most of us here are really pretending to be real students but God knows best. All the best to tye rest who are yet to have their interviews conducted

Most of "us"?

You.included
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
Olalekank:

Most of "us"?

You.included

lol do you plan to return after studies? how many has returned on this platform? Let us keep deceiving ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
Jaybeepictures:

lol do you plan to return after studies? how many has returned on this platform? Let us keep deceiving ourselves.

That's a different thing. Schooling nd getting a better job over there to recoup your money is different than using f1 visa to escape and fall out of status. Once you are going to attend school when you get there, you are a genuine student else you are not genuine

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
Jaybeepictures:

So this makes most of us fake students who are just pretending just to get a Visa right? According to what you wrote here?

......because most of us here are really pretending to be real students but God knows best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
Olalekank:

So this makes most of us fake students who are just pretending just to get a Visa right? According to what you wrote here?

Lol I was wondering too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ubah1:

That's a different thing. Schooling nd getting a better job over there to recoup your money is different than using f1 visa to escape and fall out of status. Once you are going to attend school when you get there, you are a genuine student else you are not genuine
Ok thank you for making understand this part. God bless you fam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Godsmercy11:
No i haven't used an agent before... I filled the form my self and ticked the right boxes when asked on my ds169

Well then, as funny as it sounds, it may be that your accent and skin sounds/looks as if you've been out of the country... If that's the case, you should have used it to your advantage. Just don't give up, try to refire.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jibola10(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
[quote author=Ubah1 post=73972200]

That's a different thing. Schooling nd getting a better job over there to recoup your money is different than using f1 visa to escape and fall out of status. Once you are going to attend school when you get there, you are a genuine student else you are not genuine[/quote
Lol, jaybeepictures is trying not to be an hypocrite, regarding your reply, was that what you told or intend telling the vo when asked what will this program do for you? once again jaybeepictures just nailed exactly the way it happens, peace.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ctemi(f): 1:56am On Dec 19, 2018
sensisosu:

Mean ur passport has be sent to DHL office u chose while filling ur DS160 for pick up. Congrat

Dear XXXX,

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ctemi(f): 2:00am On Dec 19, 2018
Mean ur passport has been sent to DHL office u chose while filing ur DS160 for pick up wen ready. Congrat

sensisosu:

Dear XXXX,

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sureb0yy: 6:34am On Dec 19, 2018
I just remembered Nairaland again and decided to see what's popping. Good evening everyone. How's the hustle? I remember how people on here used to post after they've got their own visa: "it's obvious you just wanna use the f1 visa as escape route, don't waste your money, I don't see you getting the visa". See people knocking off the hustle of others, sitting on the moral high ground. Now, I wanna ask a serious question.

How many "Fall 2016" students on NL have packed their bags and prepared to be on their way to Naija after studies just like they told their respective VOs? Particularly the ones that slayed their GRE, got assistantships, chose "highly ranked" schools, etc. My guess is as good as yours. Hypocrites everywhere. That's one of the problems killing Nigerians.

Personally, when I was coming here, I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life. My plan was to just change environment for a while, get a foreign degree, boost my CV and head back to Nigeria to try and get a high profile job. My first semester in school, I was clueless as anything. I didn't even know if it was what I wanted to do. Already on the north side of 25, no assistantship, no STEM course, no strong interest in violating my visa terms. I just wanted to flex.

I lost interest in studying sef due to the weekly bombardment of homework and nonsense presentations where you can't even plagiarize in peace lol. The lazy student lifestyle in Naija (Google and Wikipedia copying and pasting) that I was used to was starting to bite my butt. I was already considering heading back to Naija after that semester lol. Long story short, I got an assistantship for the following semester and that boosted my morale.

My life was going smoothly except for the part where I had to study lol. I was killing it in the gym, parties, bars, watching live basketball, soccer, football, enjoying the girls, exploring new fantasies [s] (bdsm is a whole different level of flexing o my guy. Walking into a room with whips, cuffs, belts, etc. and getting all the freedom to do what you want to a nasty girl is what dreams are made off. All these included with a return flight back to school on Sunday. All expense paid).[/s] I was living MY OWN version of the American dream. Grad school was kicking me bad on the backside though but I didn't care.

Also, I'm one of the luckiest guys I know lol. I don't set unrealistic expectations for myself, I don't compete with anyone and little things make me happy. Sometimes, I wonder how I even got my visa lol. My interview was a mess. About 50 seconds in total, I thought the guy was trolling me. If I had listened to all the negativity on here, God knows where I'd be now. I still won't forgive that person that scared me into wasting money on GRE and WES evaluation. In the end, I needed NONE (Don't get me wrong, I'm speaking for myself, different cases... I'm sure he was just trying to help sha).

Now, after my long post that makes no sense, here's my point: Don't ever let anyone tell you what you can or can't do. Don't let anyone knock off your hustle. Be your own biggest critic and plan your life according to what suits you the most. Read! Read!! Read!!! the right things. As long as you don't break any laws, you'll be good. Things take time. You don't have to live your life to impress anybody. F1 visa is not exclusive to First class or 2-1 graduates. Life in the U.S is not only for STEM majors. My job had nothing to do with my major or past experience. It was just because of a $300 investment to get a certification and one yeye insurance license... and boom! $43k/annum job before bonuses". I wish I could go back to that yeye school and get back all the thousands I paid them.

The struggle is gonna be real at a point, but you will overcome it. I repeat, don't let anyone belittle your success, efforts or plans. You will hear things like "is it not just visa?", "are you the first to join the military?", "you're making just $11/hr, I know people making $100k+ per annum and they're not shouting" etc.

Finally, don't tie your happiness to what people would think of you. Have your own definition of success and try to achieve it. If it's having multiple houses back home in Nigeria, your own business, etc., go for it. If it's enjoying the simple things in life, having good credit, and staying almost debt free, go for it. In the end, life is temporary... no one is making it out alive.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 7:12am On Dec 19, 2018
sureb0yy:
Everything you wrote
Thanks again for showing up bro.

Can you share more of your experience and some kind OT for aspiring grad students?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ararume2: 7:20am On Dec 19, 2018
Pefuele:

A guy who had his high school education in the United Kingdom was delayed in my front.Definitely not really about traveling experience...

First time travellers to the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=Jibola10 post=73972816][/quote]

Abi please tell them o, tbh i am using study as a route to leave naija, although i will complete my school there assume i was granted visa but i don't intend coming back To Nigeria. what has Nigeria offered me? nothing.. everything keeps getting worse in this shithole country. even some people on this platform has no means to balance the remaining funds despite the scholarships offered to them. let's call a spade a spade. Best of luck guys. 95percent here are intending immigrants but them no go talk. issokay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olaposiwaju: 8:09am On Dec 19, 2018
Please I have a question. I booked my visa appointment and have rescheduled already but discovered that I still need a much earlier date to meet up with the resumption. So my question is can I pay another visa fee so that I can reschedule to an earlier date without loosing my current appointment date.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sgjonathan: 8:10am On Dec 19, 2018
Angelinapinkytoes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Eporshe(m): 8:22am On Dec 19, 2018
yuscodguy:

God will do wonders in your life, what I will advice is that you should write standardised test and get school that will give you full funding, with that am sure you will be fine.

No he won't, I have full funding and I was denied based on traveling history too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Eporshe(m): 8:30am On Dec 19, 2018
Guys, i was denied visa at Lagos embassy despite my full tuition waiver and 1,086 dollars monthly stipends.

Here is the transcript.

Me: Good morning
VO: frowning

VO: your pass and I-20
Me: pass

After typing for what I believe is my service
Is service number, he then ask why do I want the school

VO: So why WIU?
Me: Aside the fact that this school is known for its groundbreaking research in Aquatic biology, which attracts me, I have been offered a Teaching assistantship with full tuition waiver and monthly stipend; Also, WIU is located along Mississippi River in moline, where the school has been able to carry out series of research on aquatic ecosystems protection and fisheries management control. Which is in line with my research interest. I have also been offered a lifetime academic opportunity to engage in aquatic research and have international university teaching level experience, which will enhance my chance to continue to the post of assistant lecturer at university of Lagos.

VO: but your uncle will paying your deficit
Me: yes with my mum.

Vo: Have you traveled before,
Me: No

Then he typed and gave me blue paper.

What would you advise to reapply or differ and pls what's the best possible date I can get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 8:33am On Dec 19, 2018
Eporshe:
Guys, i was denied visa at Lagos embassy despite my full tuition waiver and 1,086 dollars monthly stipends.

Here is the transcript.

Me: Good morning
VO: frowning

VO: your pass and I-20
Me: pass

After typing for what I believe is my service
Is service number, he then ask why do I want the school

VO: So why WIU?
Me: Aside the fact that this school is known for its groundbreaking research in Aquatic biology, which attracts me, I have been offered a Teaching assistantship with full tuition waiver and monthly stipend; Also, WIU is located along Mississippi River in moline, where the school has been able to carry out series of research on aquatic ecosystems protection and fisheries management control. Which is in line with my research interest. I have also been offered a lifetime academic opportunity to engage in aquatic research and have international university teaching level experience, which will enhance my chance to continue to the post of assistant lecturer at university of Lagos.

VO: but your uncle will paying your deficit
Me: yes with my mum.

Vo: Have you traveled before,
Me: No

Then he typed and gave me blue paper.

What would you advise to reapply or differ and pls what's the best possible date I can get.

I think this has to do with sponsorship

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Eporshe(m): 8:35am On Dec 19, 2018
Nutshell44:

I think this has to do with sponsorship

I have 5000 dollars deficit and in my I-20 my uncle was written there. So it's a crime for uncle?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.