Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796071 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2019
GboyegaD:

One thing though, if you tell a VO you intend coming back as an Assistant Lecturer with a Masters might sound negative. They do not understand our faculty structure as such their expectations with a Masters would be a full fledged instructor. Lastly, if you have plans for a PhD, you could sell it from that perspective and how that helps you get a position as an Assistant Professor. If you are thinking in this direction, then you might want to include how the graduates of the program gets into very top doctoral programs.
You are right bro. how about the alternative response about my aunt being a commissioner for women affairs and ready to make her SA on Gender Based matters in Lagos state after acquiring practical knowledge from social researches in the US .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
donsoj5:

You are right bro. how about the alternative response about my aunt being a commissioner for women affairs and ready to make her SA on Gender Based matters in Lagos state after acquiring practical knowledge from social researches in the US .
VO: WHAT WILL THIS COURSE DO FOR YOU?
ME: HAVING KNOWN THAT THE SCHOOL OFFERS A BLEND OF SOCIAL RESEARCH IN PRACTICALS AS AN ADDITION TO THEIR SOCIOLOGY DEGREE WHICH IS SOMETHING I WAS ACTIVELY LOOKING OUT FOR TO MAKE ME OUTSTANDING AMONGST OTHER RESEARCHERS IN MY COUNTRY. BEING A GRADUATE FROM THIS PROGRAM WILL GET ME INTO TOP DOCTORAL PROGRAMS AND SECURE ME A POSITION AS AN ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AT MY ALMA MATA.
OR
HAVING SUBMITTED MY PROPOSAL TO MY AUNTY WHO IS THE COMMISSIONER OF WOMEN AFFAIRS IN LAGOS STATE AND MY PLANS OF GOING TO THE UNITED STATES TO GAIN PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO REGULATE GENDER BASED VIOLENCE IN NIGERIA AS A WHOLE, SHE PROMISED TO APPOINT ME AS HER SPECIAL ADVISER UNDER THE PRESIDENCY PARASTATALS ON THIS BASIS AFTER COMPLETION OF THIS MASTERS PROGRAM. MOST ESPECIALLY ME BEING BLESSED WITH THE PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE OF REGULATING THIS PRESSING ISSUE IN NIGERIA, I AM READY TO COME BACK HOME AND BE A BLESSING TO MY NATION BY IMPACTING THE RIGHT KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GENDER BASED VIOLENCE AS AN ABOMINATION IN THE COUNTRY AS IT IS IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD.

WHICH IS BETTER SIR?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
Anyone going for interview next week?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2019
Okay, seems like Spring2019 students are through for now.
Let's see how many visas we can achieve for Summer and Fall2019 admission term.

Chase your dreams pant down. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
fairheart:
I sent you an email sir. i am having an interview for next week
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
donsoj5:

A commissioner is a member of government and changes with governments thus, even this forthcoming election is a threat to such ambition. More so, if you are going to advance studies for a dream that is next to shadow, then there is trouble. Just my thoughts though.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2019
GboyegaD:

A commissioner is a member of government and changes with governments thus, even this forthcoming election is a threat to such ambition. More so, if you are going to advance studies for a dream that is next to shadow, then there is trouble. Just my thoughts though.
BEING A GRADUATE FROM THIS PROGRAM WILL GET ME INTO TOP DOCTORAL PROGRAMS AND SECURE ME A POSITION AS AN ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AT MY ALMA MATA.
IN ADDITION ME BEING BLESSED WITH THE PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE OF REGULATING THIS PRESSING ISSUE IN NIGERIA, I AM READY TO COME BACK HOME AND BE A BLESSING TO MY NATION BY IMPACTING THE RIGHT KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GENDER BASED VIOLENCE AS AN ABOMINATION IN THE COUNTRY AS IT IS IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD.

HOW ABOUT THIS?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
Not sure I got it!
donsoj5:

I sent you an email sir. i am having an interview for next week

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2019
fairheart:
Here!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2019
Olayinkaji:

Send me your mail

Sir i need also here is my mail
makinde.mayor@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Judgepelumi(m): 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
donsoj5:

BEING A GRADUATE FROM THIS PROGRAM WILL GET ME INTO TOP DOCTORAL PROGRAMS AND SECURE ME A POSITION AS AN ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AT MY ALMA MATA.
IN ADDITION ME BEING BLESSED WITH THE PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE OF REGULATING THIS PRESSING ISSUE IN NIGERIA, I AM READY TO COME BACK HOME AND BE A BLESSING TO MY NATION BY IMPACTING THE RIGHT KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GENDER BASED VIOLENCE AS AN ABOMINATION IN THE COUNTRY AS IT IS IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD.

HOW ABOUT THIS?
Being a graduate from this program will enable me take up a lecturing position at my Alma mata and at the same time give me an edge when I eventually pursue my PhD at top universities. I have in view of becoming a professor someday and this is the path I must take. Secondly, after my degree, I'd be able to impact knowledge on gender violence and discrimination by creating awareness through organizing seminars & workshops, pushing reforms for the government, having a voice and ensuring the female gender is free from every bondage and having the recognition they deserve..... I don't know if what I wrote makes sense but my 2cents

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dwilliams707: 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2019
dwilliams707:
Please house,after my GRE exam I choose to send my scores to some schools,please is it possible to stop my scores been sent to certain schools,I know I already made the mistake of sending initially,can this still be stopped as official results hasn’t reflected on my Ets account yet?please help this might jeopardize my application.

Please help guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
please house ..i greet you all...am in serious need of good schools that offers msc physics..so far so good, the one have seen,its either there is no GA OR one thing or the other..please house i know there are atleast some people in this platform that can help me with any so i check it out...thanks in advance guys..am begging ,,aybody,..am appying for fall2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
Fwesh101:

Sir i need also here is my mail
makinde.mayor@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OpeTestimony: 12:15am On Jan 06, 2019
fairheart:

Yes!

On Wednesday, and I will appreciate as many mock interviews as I can take, if you're chanced.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vasilias: 12:59am On Jan 06, 2019
Does Morgan State university give funding at all? Not sure about this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:20am On Jan 06, 2019
Omonoba1981:
My class start 8th January. And I am trying to get a flight to leave lagos this evening or sunday. Having difficulty to get a flight.

Does anyone know if I will have problem getting into US on Monday / Tuesday when my class starts

Lagos - Miami

What the start date on your i20... you need to contact the school and ask for an extension if entering after start date on i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 06, 2019
Barry002:
Good morning all
Can anybody assist with list of schools perfect for MBA in the United States

Provide the following information, I might be able to help.
1. UG Course and GPA
2. UG School
3. Years of work experience
4. Name of firm(s) you've worked with. If you don't want people identifying you with that, you can give a hint (eg. big 4, FMCG, MBB, Investment banking, private equity, tech etc)
5. Post-MBA career goal

With this information, I may recommend some schools that fit your profile.

I assume you've not taken the GMAT, so I won't ask for that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 8:59am On Jan 06, 2019
fairheart:
I am on Wednesday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oeworldbest1: 9:25am On Jan 06, 2019
fairheart:
Okay, seems like Spring2019 students are through for now.
Let's see what how many visas we can achieve for Summer and Fall2019 admission term.

Chase your dreams pant down. grin grin grin
Mine is on the 14th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oeworldbest1: 9:26am On Jan 06, 2019
tboy47:
please house ..i greet you all...am in serious need of good schools that offers msc physics..so far so good, the one have seen,its either there is no GA OR one thing or the other..please house i know there are atleast some people in this platform that can help me with any so i check it out...thanks in advance guys..am begging ,,aybody,..am appying for fall2019

University of Louisiana Lafayette Sure banker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oeworldbest1: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

What the start date on your i20... you need to contact the school and ask for an extension if entering after start date on i20

How do they verify the extension because from what my school sent me, it's something that can be easily forged.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:21am On Jan 06, 2019
Oeworldbest1:

How do they verify the extension because from what my school sent me, it's something that can be easily forged.

Is it not USA you are entering, if you decide to forge it and the POE officer decides to call your school at point of entry. How do you save yourself from such situation?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2019
Bunmip:
Please House,

How long does this administrative processing take? Has anyone had experience with AP situation. I have been on AP since December 18. My school resumes on the 16 jan, 2019. What can someone do concerning this?
A week ago, I was just exactly as in ur shoe. But today, I have arrived US already. Same scholarship not reflecting on my sevis profile. Just contact ur school to do the needful and you will be issued. Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by checky619: 11:11am On Jan 06, 2019
Kirusky4life:

A week ago, I was just exactly as in ur shoe. But today, I have arrived US already. Same scholarship not reflecting on my sevis profile. Just contact ur school to do the needful and you will be issued. Best of luck

How is it over there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2019
Anyway on my way, will be in Miami 3pm latter today. Lets see what the border agent people have to say.

GboyegaD:

Do you have a letter from the school to allow you in on these dates?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oeworldbest1: 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ubah1:

Is it not USA you are entering, if you decide to forge it and the POE officer decides to call your school at point of entry. How do you save yourself from such situation?
but what if you arrive at night or on a weekend, will the POE officer detain you till he contacts your school. Well I guess they can do that if they can afford to deport you. I'm just wondering by the way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by exxy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
tboy47:
If you are applying for Fall 2019, you should have sent your application at this time, what are you waiting for? you can use google to research schools that "are good and offers msc in physics" . have you taking any test like the GRE?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chykes4micheal: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
Hello nairalanders, happy new year

Please i need anyone's assistance in a question i wanna ask. Someone is presently helping Me to get a visa through Nigeria ministry of foreign affairs. She said people don't really know about it but i has worked for some people. And as i am talking to you i have already been scheduled for an orientation next month ending.

I just want to know how true it is and if you know someone that have gone to the united states via this process. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Utimiracle: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
fairheart:
Were you offered scholaurship?
Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
donsoj5:

HOW ABOUT THIS?

This to me seems much better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.