Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796189 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by thowbygee: 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
RazurSharp:
Hello wonderful people. I discovered this thread few months ago and knew I'm on the path to success for the discovery. Kudos to all the contributors.
Pls, I want to make a very passionate appeal for guidance and assistance. I only recently competed my NYSC and have the backing of my parents to proceed for my graduate studies. I thought about US and Canada, but I've settled for US for a number of reasons...their IT level is very high and their academic standard is way very high too.

I have a 2.83/5 in my Bachelors in Computer Science. I need an average or highly ranked a low budget schools that can admit me for an IT program with my GPA. I've heard there are schools that are a no no, that's why I need safe suggestions. I already wrote and scored 82 in my TOEFL... got my result two weeks ago.

Thanks as you assist a young and aspiring student.
[color=#006600][/color]

send me a mail at thowbygee_01@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Utimiracle: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2019
Oluwatoyinakinb:
Compliment of the season to you all,my interview is coming up 14th January and i heard embassy has been shut down,wont this affect or change my interview day.p ls I need prompt reply.
No I don't think so because I have called them as well and they told me no is affecting us.
My interview is the same day with yours
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2Smile(m): 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2019
Chykes4micheal:
Hello nairalanders, happy new year

Please i need anyone's assistance in a question i wanna ask. Someone is presently helping Me to get a visa through Nigeria ministry of foreign affairs. She said people don't really know about it but i has worked for some people. And as i am talking to you i have already been scheduled for an orientation next month ending.

I just want to know how true it is and if you know someone that have gone to the united states via this process. Thanks
And how much have you paid the person? The answer to that will go a long way to determine the authenticity of the process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
GboyegaD:

This to me seems much better.
I requested for an emergency date and was given only 7th which is tomorrow at 12 noon yesterday.
please can i register a new application or maintain the initial barcode i had at my first interview that was delayed?
why is because i am aware the new barcode takes 1-3 working days to update.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
donsoj5:

I requested for an emergency date and was given only 7th which is tomorrow at 12 noon yesterday.
please can i register a new application or maintain the initial barcode i had at my first interview that was delayed?
why is because i am aware the new barcode takes 1-3 working days to update.

Register a new one. You can't use the old one again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Utimiracle: 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2019
Oeworldbest1:

Mine is on the 14th
mine is on 14th too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RayBlack: 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
fairheart:
Anyone going for interview next week?

Yes my interview is scheduled to hold next week Wednesday.... That been said, please can anyone help me with a mock interview? The gurus in the house plss help, I'm new here on all levels, started following this trend like 2 weeks ago... @lagosismyhome plss kindly help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Utimiracle: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
I really need help here. I have b1 visa and I travel to the U.S and spend 5 months and came back to nigeria now am going for f1 visa. Although I was denied the vo asked me that what did you do in usa for 5 months. I told him that I visited my Bishop he told me that he is not convinced with my answer. ....sorry as usual. Please I really need idea here.

And my interview is on January 14th here in lagos.
I am clergy in roman catholic church and my sponsor is a diocese in USA. I have all the documents here with me.
Please my people I need an idea on this pls thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gospelozy(f): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
Happy New Year Great people. Please gurus in the house, I need a clear explanation of what is written below. Thank you

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ubah1:

Register a new one. You can't use the old one again
SIR WE ARE ALL AWARE THAT THE BARCODE WONT SHOW UP TOMOROW IF I GO....I M SO CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO GUYS
ITS AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT AND ITS TOMORROW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
donsoj5:

SIR WE ARE ALL AWARE THAT THE BARCODE WONT SHOW UP TOMOROW IF I GO....I M SO CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO GUYS

You just have to submit a new one. You cannot use the old one. Atimes it do show up if they haven't printed the list already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
donsoj5:

pls help ...i am on my pc contemplating on either maintaining this due to the emergency approval i got yesterday and fear of today being a sunday by submitting a new application
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ubah1:

You just have to submit a new one. You cannot use the old one. Atimes it do show up if they haven't printed the list already.
That is my fear! exact fear i do have. someone said they print monday interview list on friday.
SO I AM IN A CONFUSED STATE RIGHT NOW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
donsoj5:

That is my fear! exact fear i do have. someone said they print monday interview list on friday.

Must you go for the interview tomorrow. If they truly approved your emergency request, then there are other available dates you can choose. You have to submit a new ds 160 form, even if you panic from now till tomorrow. You can't use the old one they used to interview you before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
donsoj5:

Use one of the other days given to you. Reschedule your appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ubah1:

Must you go for the interview tomorrow. If they truly approved your emergency request, then there are other available dates you can choose. You have to submit a new ds 160 form, even if you panic from now till tomorrow. You can't use the old one they used to interview you before
THE ONLY DATE GIVEN WAS 7TH AND NO OTHER DATE POPPED UP WHICH I CHOSE YESTERDAY NIGHT AND CANT FIND A RESCHEDULE ON THE SITE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2019
donsoj5:

THE ONLY DATE GIVEN WAS 7TH AND NO OTHER DATE POPPED UP WHICH I CHOSE YESTERDAY NIGHT AND CANT FIND A RESCHEDULE ON THE SITE
see it here

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
donsoj5:

see it here

Meaning that you have already used the old ds 160 number to book appointment. Use the update button to update the new ds 160 number that submitted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ubah1:

Meaning that you have already used the old ds 160 number to book appointment. Use the update button to update the new ds 160 number that submitted
i hv created another application and also gotten a new ds160 number ,moreso updated it on my appointment.
hopefully they print tomorrow at the embassy n my new ds160 number is among
thank u so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
Alright. Let's see what you've got. PM me and we will have the mock.
OpeTestimony:

Yes!

On Wednesday, and I will appreciate as many mock interviews as I can take, if you're chanced.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
Second Wednesday. Seems like there will be approval this week. Get in and let's have the mock.
Gewezzy1:
I am on Wednesday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
Orientation or interview? I have heard of people in arms of government packaging such visas. We cannot verify whether or not it is true. I am sure you have paid, and why would you just come out here and ask this question when you are halfway the process? If you read this thread very well, you would see we deal with student-visa related issues here.

Goodluck!
Chykes4micheal:
Hello nairalanders, happy new year

Please i need anyone's assistance in a question i wanna ask. Someone is presently helping Me to get a visa through Nigeria ministry of foreign affairs. She said people don't really know about it but i has worked for some people. And as i am talking to you i have already been scheduled for an orientation next month ending.

I just want to know how true it is and if you know someone that have gone to the united states via this process. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
You see. In deed, the consular clearly believed that someone who has something he is doing here would not stay in the US for 5 months. Indeed! Now, let me ask you: how many weeks/days/months did you state you would be in the US for when you first applied for the B1/B2 visa? Why did you stay back for 5 months?

And if I may ask (so that I can further use this information to guide you), how old are you and what level of academic are you trying to get an F1 visa on? You also stated your sponsor is in the US? (case 2)

Should you not be comfortable writing more details on the thread, reach out and PM me as soon as you can.

Utimiracle:
I really need help here. I have b1 visa and I travel to the U.S and spend 5 months and came back to nigeria now am going for f1 visa. Although I was denied the vo asked me that what did you do in usa for 5 months. I told him that I visited my Bishop he told me that he is not convinced with my answer. ....sorry as usual. Please I really need idea here.

And my interview is on January 14th here in lagos.
I am clergy in roman catholic church and my sponsor is a diocese in USA. I have all the documents here with me.
Please my people I need an idea on this pls thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
Gospelozy:
Happy New Year Great people. Please gurus in the house, I need a clear explanation of what is written below. Thank you

The benefits of a GA is listed if you got one:
wages as stipend either monthly or hourly means you get paid every month or per hour
Like $8 per hour or it's equivalent in a month.

A tuition waiver of 100% during semester of appointment means you pay no tuition fee for the semester you work as a GA.

A waiver of up to 12 credit hours of tuition for the summer term immediately following a spring or fall appointment means you if you are doing a total of 36credit hours course you only pay for 24credit hours for summer semesters that that follows immediately a spring or fall semester that you work as a GA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
It is self-explanatory. When you are offered the scholarship for the program you intend to apply for, you'll be paid monthly stipends or weekly paycheck (wage), and your tuition fee (school fees) will be slashed significantly, to zero level, depending on how much you're offered and how many credit hour you're taking per semester. Basically, this is a jackpot--if you are eligible and meet the scholarship requirements.

Goodluck.

Gospelozy:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
I landed safely and going via the Border agent was stress free and very easy. The Man was very nice, and when I told him I am from Nigeria, he said if I speak Yoruba, that he has always wanted to visit Nigeria.

Omonoba1981:

Anyway on my way, will be in Miami 3pm latter today. Lets see what the border agent people have to say.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
fairheart:
Second Wednesday. Seems like there will be approval this week. Get in and let's have the mock.
Amen, sent a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chykes4micheal: 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
Time2Smile:

And how much have you paid the person? The answer to that will go a long way to determine the authenticity of the process.

I have only paid 40, 500 naira o.....30k for the form and 10k500 for acceptance fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chykes4micheal: 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
fairheart:
Orientation or interview? I have heard of people in arms of government packaging such visas. We cannot verify whether or not it is true. I am sure you have paid, and why would you just come out here and ask this question when you are halfway the process? If you read this thread very well, you would see we deal with student-visa related issues here.

Goodluck!

Yea I know this thread deal with student visa related stuffs but i still need to make enquiries. I have gone half way tho but still want to confirm the authenticity. I will be glad if you can help me find out. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:00am On Jan 07, 2019
I wish you successful studies!
Omonoba1981:
I landed safely and going via the Border agent was stress free and very easy. The Man was very nice, and when I told him I am from Nigeria, he said if I speak Yoruba, that he has always wanted to visit Nigeria.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:30am On Jan 07, 2019
domex007:
hi guys

i have been a nairaland follower since 2013. grin

i am sorry my testimony is coming late. i hope it helps raise the hope of nigerian youths seeking greener pastures here.

i have been denied USA student visa in 2013, 2014 and 2015
i then turned my dreams to canada (paid my school fees in full and was still denied student visa in 2016 after waiting over 3months)
at this point my money was almost finished and my family started advising me to start studies here in nigeria

i enrolled for yaba tech part time program while i also chased my travel dreams in Germany. i was also denied visa to germany because i couldn't raise the 8,800 euro blocked account.

at this point, i was frustrated and desperate, but the work load from yabatech and my business kept me from depression.

immediately, after my graduation in Yaba i decided to give USA one last trial knowing fully well that i will be denied but i kept on pushing forward

my interview went thus:
first, my interview was for 6;30 13th august 2018 but for the first time i got to the embassy very late and i was not scared or nervous. it rained heavily that day and the rain no pity me at all.
i just protected my documents and went it. i was very cold and feeling sick. i just wanted to do my interview and leave. i was bending down to make my self warm and was almost sleeping before the person behind me told me that it was my turn.

My interview was very long.........

my interview: (a Beautiful black american woman):
VO: Hi there. are you okay?
Me; Hi. yes i am fine. i am just cold. with fake smile on my face.
VO: oh okay why are you going to the USA?
Me; for my undergrad studies in Business Administration and management
VO: when did you finish high school?
Me; 2012
VO; what have you been doing since:
Me; I went for a computer diploma program for a year. then i started applying to Universities in US, Canada, Germany and Nigeria. Things didnt go as planned with the Abroad studies so i went for my National diploma in yaba that took me 4years.
VO: Why did you choose to continue studies in US? why not nigeria?
me: the educational system in nigeria is really poor even though it is affordable to study in nigeria. my program for example is suppose to be a program of 2 years but due to the strike and poor educational amenities it will take me longer time to graduate here in Nigerian university. And i believe in the proverb; "what is what doing is what doing well"
VO: Why do you Change your course?
Me; briefly after my studies i open a Human Hair Business with the financial assistance from my uncle but i need more board knowledge in the field of business. thats why i decided to change my program to help me business grow when i return to Nigeria.
VO:how many Universities did you apply to?
Me; A lot
VO; sorry i meant how many gave you admission?
Me: 6
VO: wow, name them
Me: saint peters University, University of central oklahoma,Troy University, University of manitoba, Canada. Conestoga College, Canada, and the last one Westfallen, Germany
VO: can i see some other admission and I-20
me: *i smiled because i know she didn't trust me. I passed them to her and apologized because they were a bit wet.
Vo: passed them back and asked how i found out about Saints Peters University
Me; My cousin who is a US citizen studied there and he has nothing but praise for the university.
VO: what classes will you be taking?
Me: I smiled because this question was the reason why i was denied the 2nd time. I answered them sweetly grin
VO: what will happen to your business when you leave Nigeria.
Me; Presently, i have filled my sister in on the basic things she needs to know to keep the business alive until i return
VO: can i see some of the business documents
ME; i passed her CAC document and business bank statement with just 400k in it
Vo: who is paying for your studies?
Me: my uncle?
VO: Why?
Me; He has been the one funding my education due to the death of my father in 2007
VO: what does he do?
Me; He is a medical doctor
VO: Can i see his bank statement?
Me: Passed his bank statement
VO: he is in the US?
Me; Yes ( at this point i thought i will be denied)
VO: what is his legal status
Me; He is a citizen
Vo: do you have his tax clearance?
Me: Passed them
VO: flips through and returns them

*starts Typing endlessly as i was waiting for my denial letter*
God surprised me as she raised her head and gave me the White paper and said the magical words

VO: Congratulations and goodluck in your business
Me; *straight face* Thank you so much ma

Me: stepped out in the rain. the jubilation in me chased the cold away grin grin grin grin grin
My family cant still believe it until the day they excorted me to the airport with tears of Joy in the eyes of my Lovely mom

I got to US on December 4th, Cold has been dealing with me since....

My dear brothers and sisters,
I give thanks to God for the delay i faced before because He was using it to help me build a business for my self here in Nigeria.
i wore simple native attire, went last with so many red flags and still got the visa. It can only be God.

i hope my testimony boost your hope. Give it your best!

I also thank all Nairaland members especially Amefrica, Gravinton, Stewee, Kunlebal, Walspring, even Justwise as i Welcome myself to AMERICA grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Congrats, if i am not wrong we met in person at palmgrove.

Am glad to hear this good news.. Go and Triumph in Trump land
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:31am On Jan 07, 2019
iseoluwa89:
Good day all, compliments of the season. Please I need help paying for my sevis fee. I have PM @Walspring but yet to get a reply. Please if you have anyone that can help with the payment kindly recommend.

Thanks

I replied your pm and i am waited for your response and i didn't see it..

Thinking maybe my reply went to your junk or spam box

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.