Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793701 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by IAMANGELMICHAEL(m): 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
GboyegaD:

Is it possible you defer till Spring and work more on your responses? Your responses are weak in my opinion. I wish you good success in your future re-appearance.
defer till fall you mean? can I send a DM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
wintabotom:
But u would agree with me that the denial rate is now very high. I knw a lot of people who used to renew b1 b2 seamlessly. Almost all of them have been denied Via 221g. For no reason. I just feel Trump has a part to play in this. Like a stricter measure is now in place. My opinion though. Would explain my interview soon.

Partly Trump and partly Canada telling them they are weak in Visit visa issuance and constituting challenges for them when the asylum seekers were getting out of hand. It was so bad at a point last year that people arrive the US and within a week they walk into Canadian borders to seek asylum. I am not sure that has affected the chances for Student visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
IAMANGELMICHAEL:
defer till fall you mean? can I send a DM.

Already modified it. You can send it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2019
In your own interest don't try it. Your profile looks desperate which you state you are not as you are willing to convince the VO.

However, will that opportunity present itself. Please hold on till fall 2019 and reapply for student visa not b1/b2 visa.

wintabotom:
Please i need advise. I got denied F1 visa on the 18th of Dec last year. The interview was going well until the VO asked for my english proficiency test. Told him i had 7 in ielts although i had a waiver from the school due to the fact that my bSc was done in english language. Unfortunately he asked for the evidence of all the english proficiency test i told him i didnt have it with me. As a result i was denied. I tried again on the 2nd of January this year the VO asked me what has changed explained to her that i have the english results and letter from d school. Madam just asked me names of the school i had applied to told her the 3 school. She asked y i chose the school told her all the story of being the best school for my course public admin. Told her they are highly ranked generally blah blah. Anyways she denied me.
The issue now is i need to renew my b1 b2 visa which expired in dec 2018. I don't want to school in the USA again. Please advise me should i go ahead and apply mid year for vacation or just forget them for this year. Reason is i need to also get a visiting visa to Canada and i hear usa refusal sometimes affect them. Hence the reason for wanting to get a b1 b2 renewal. I would do my masters in Lagos maybe. Please note i didnt have any issues with funding at all at d interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
Please clarify why my profile looks desperate. I had a b1 b2 which just expired. I re apllied for the f1 cos school was resuming 1st week jan. Also am not interested in schooling in the usa again. Truth is i am already trying other options for my masters.

If the us visa denial wld not affect my getting a canada visiting visa. Honestly i dont need it.

I have 2 yrs uk visa currently and travel history to the usa. If this wont affect my visiting visa to canada i wont even bother with then for now.
Also i would soon be resuming at new school am doing my masters since i couldnt get their visa
Beblessedbaba:
In your own interest don't try it. Your profile looks desperate which you state you are not as you are willing to convince the VO.

However, will that opportunity present itself. Please hold on till fall 2019 and reapply for student visa not b1/b2 visa.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2019
Abuja?
whandeykoal:

If you wore a suit, then I was behind you. You were vocal that everybody on the queue was listening. My first and last denial by God's grace. God knows best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
whandeykoal:

If you wore a suit, then I was behind you. You were vocal that everybody on the queue was listening. My first and last denial by God's grace. God knows best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tyleet: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hey guys, I'm trying to apply for master's degree in the US, and I'm new to this master's degree application. So, my school told me to send my college transcript from Nigeria to WES for evaluation. They said my my college would have to mail it. My understanding about this from the past is that you just go to your college, pay the fee, and have them send your transcript to WES. However, I decided to check the WES website for any updated information, and I saw that they stated that Nigerian applicants must now send secondary school transcript also if they wish to evaluate college transcript. I was shocked seeing this -- I mean, wetin consign secondary school with college again -- but then, I decided to come here to ask if any one of you has been through this process. Please, did anybody here recently sent college transcript to WES? Please, how did you go about it? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
GboyegaD:

Do not put in all your energy into seeking admission abroad as it might distract you from that which you have right now. To start with, can you give more details about yourself in terms of what level you are at the moment and an idea of bad transcript if it is at High School or University level?

good evening sir...am a ui student....during my secondary school days I missed 2 terms due to some tragic personal issues...yet I was promoted due to my good past performance and that was in ss2...until I lost the vibe till I graduated...so I really want to do something this 2019....I don think taya...naija is not the way....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2019
Electricboy:

good evening sir...am a ui student....during my secondary school days I missed 2 terms due to some tragic personal issues...yet I was promoted due to my good past performance and that was in ss2...until I lost the vibe till I graduated...so I really want to do something this 2019....I don think taya...naija is not the way....

As stated earlier, you can give it a shot but PLEASE, DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR CURRENT STUDY. As for the high school transcript, a letter of explanation can solve that and a 3.43/4 is high enough for honors if you have a very good SAT. How long more do you have to finish from UI?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
GboyegaD:

As stated earlier, you can give it a shot but PLEASE, DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR CURRENT STUDY. As for the high school transcript, a letter of explanation can solve that and a 3.43/4 is high enough for honors if you have a very good SAT. How long more do you have to finish from UI?

am a 100 level student...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
Electricboy:

am a 100 level student...

OK, while you focus on your SAT, please do not neglect your UI studies.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
GboyegaD:

Gold
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
Tyleet:
Hey guys, I'm trying to apply for master's degree in the US, and I'm new to this master's degree application. So, my school told me to send my college transcript from Nigeria to WES for evaluation. They said my my college would have to mail it. My understanding about this from the past is that you just go to your college, pay the fee, and have them send your transcript to WES. However, I decided to check the WES website for any updated information, and I saw that they stated that Nigerian applicants must now send secondary school transcript also if they wish to evaluate college transcript. I was shocked seeing this -- I mean, wetin consign secondary school with college again -- but then, I decided to come here to ask if any one of you has been through this process. Please, did anybody here recently sent college transcript to WES? Please, how did you go about it? Thanks.
for waec... i am still struggling to do that one... looking for people to send school result and scract card with togerher via courier to reduce cost.

did you write gce or reall waec? which one donyou want to use... cos gce ..is about 22k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tyleet: 10:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
Sheq:
for waec... i am still struggling to do that one... looking for people to send school result and scract card with togerher via courier to reduce cost.

did you write gce or reall waec? which one donyou want to use... cos gce ..is about 22k

I'm actually making the inquiry for my brother. It looks like he will use gce. WOW! So, you are saying it will cost him an additional 22K? But why is WES doing this to only Nigeria?? What's the meaning of all these?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by twittycutey(f): 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
slamcole:
Hello all, been a while. Good to be here again. So I arrived in the US on monday. Journey was a long one and been the first time still experiencing some jet lag, and the cold needs some getting used to. But it's been a wonderful experience and I'm settling in well.

Can't thank nairaland enough for the help I got in those days leading to my interview. You guys are the best.

And to all aspiring students, I wish you all Godspeed.

Congratulations to you. Please can I pm you. Need to ask your some questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
lextube:
Hello house, went for my visa interview on the 7th of January, and I was denied.

My interview was at Abuja, and it was scheduled for 9am. A blonde white lady at window 12 was the person who conducted the interview.

V.O: Please pass me your passport and I-20.
Me: (I corresponded).

V.O: Why are you going to the U.S?
Me: I am going to the U.S to study for a Masters degree at Touro College, New York City.

V.O: Why did you choose this University?
Me: I chose Touro College because the University has a training program offered by the graduate school of technology that is called The System Z training program which focuses at training graduate level student in Cobol programming language, and in IBM z/os mainframe computers. Cobol programming language is actually not taught in about 73% of most American Universities, and having the opportunity of being trained in IBM z/os platform will greatly enhance my chances of securing a job with IBM Nigeria as a System and application programmer.

Another reason why I chose Touro College over other Universities in America is that the MSIN program is designed around a core foundation courses in technology management. This in my own understanding is awesome, because it will expose me into having the skills and knowledge that will help me transition into getting a job in IT leadership and management in Nigeria, considering the fact these job positions are dramatically increasing in my home country Nigeria.
These are the reasons why I chose Touro College.

V.O: Very good. I can see on your profile that you have been denied visa to Canada in 2017, can you explain to me what category of visa you applied for, and why you were denied?
Me: (I didn't include this information in my application, because I felt there was no need to) Yes I was denied visa to Canada, and I applied for a student visa.

V.O: Why were you denied?
Me: I was denied because I misrepresented myself in my application, and this resulted into the Canadian embassy banning me for 5yrs.
How I misrepresented myself was unintentional. In the application form, a question was asked if I have been denied visa to Canada or any other country. I didn't understand that the question was asking about other countries, so I said "NO" instead of "YES" because I was denied an American visa in 2015. It was entirely a mistake, and there was no intention what so ever on my part to tell a lie. When my attention was drawn to it by the Canadian embassy, I wrote a procedural fairness letter, where I stated that it was an error, and that I didn't understand the question properly. However, they still went ahead to ban me.

V.O: Okay so who's your sponsor?
Me: My Uncle.

V.O: What does he do?
Me: He imports electrical and electronic appliances to the country.

V.O: Does he have enough money to pay your fees, because I can see you have no funding.
Me: Yes I believe he does have enough money to take care of my education in the US.

V.O: Do you have any bank statement to proof that?
Me: Yes I do.

V.O: Let me see it.
Me: (Handed it over to her).

V.O: (She flipped through it to see the opening and closing balance, then handed it back to me) I am quite satisfied with your bank statement, but unfortunately I cannot approve your visa at this moment. This letter will explain to you why you were denied. (She gave me a green paper).

I'm not going to lie, I was shocked that I was denied again the second time in a row. Then it occurred to me that it was my denial to Canada that may have disqualified me at that moment for the VO to grant me the visa then.

I want to ask the house (especially the gurus), with this kind of stigma in my visa application history, what can I do to improve my chances if I apply next time again? Thank you very much for your contribution.

am sorry for the delay
please always try to post few history about your application, it might help figure out why you were denied. GOODLUCK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
Oeworldbest1:
Bloody day at the embassy today. No student was approved while I was there. I was on the white lady's queue window 6 but was later moved to the white man in window 7(with fine boi hair) because the lady kept leaving her seat while she interviewed the first family. She kept us standing for almost 15-20 minutes. She hadn't even really started this family's interview when the father(an old man) started having an epileptic attack (ah for US embassy). Naso them carry the man go out, the white woman returned and wondered where the family disappeared to then she said she wasnt ready for interview again so they moved the guy in my front and me to the white man. This man denied a man who was working for shell and had visited the US five times in the past. He said he and his wife were just going for their regular annual vacation, the son was studying in the US or so, he had paid like $13000 or so for medical bills or something in the past or so but the man get strong edo accent sha. I was 1,000,000% sure this man would be approved next thing na baba blue. The shell man open mouth sey why, naso my mind cut that's why when the cgi lady said I should go to his queue I said I want to stay here politely, the cgi lady then said the female vo had told her to move us but I still dey get one kind belief sey when this man see my scholarship him go want give him small sense that my case is unique and I was thinking of running to the toilet but I dey fear to fall in the hands of the black VOs so I stayed put sey make I try white man. The other white man why get Harry Potter hair sef dey fear me, he was nice but na only one old igbo mama he approved, he denied the other old Ibo mama, but I felt the woman may be denied because she couldn't speak a word of English like the other old woman but this particular woman was frail and even the interpreter couldn't communicate well with her. Okay now to the transcript

Vo: next please
Me: Good morning smiling
Vo: (the vo dey vex, no answer, one man in his 50s wey he denied earlier follow am argue he said I'm not obligated to bla bla..so I didn't take it personal) pass your passport and i20
Me: gives him passport and i20, what of ds160
Vo: no
Me:okay
Vo: yes pass your ds160, (he scans it)
Me: I want to request permission to say something important

Note: earlier this man denied was man like that, then immediately the man said sir I have an extension letter. The vo said I'm not denying for that. That's separate from the interview.

Vo: (doing his face somehow), oya talk
Me: I know you can't issue a student visa if the entry date has passed so my school has agreed to let me start not later than Jan 28th and this is the extension letter
Vo: alright okay
Vo: why do you want to do your masters in Chemical engineering and at this university
Me: I have a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering and now I want to do my masters at the university of Toledo and specialize in renewable energy. I want to use this degree to immediately return to Nigeria upon graduation and apply for a lecturing position in my undergraduate university so as to contribute towards renewable energy research and education in Nigeria because presently there aren't many experts in renewable energy in Nigeria. My ultimate career goal is to become a university professor here in Nigeria.

Note: while I was talking he was just making some funny facial expressions, he was trying to disorient me, but I was prepared for this so I didn't let it bother. He hardly looked at my face

Vo: so why this university
Me: I want to attend this university because there is an ongoing research in renewable energy which is area of interest. The research is led by Professor Conster Shan whom I have been communicating with and she has accepted me to join her research team. Specifically I will be working on the production of biofuel from renewable biological sources like algae and lignocellulosic biomass. I'm highly motivated by the goal of this research. The overall goal of this research is to greatly improve the production processes of biofuel in order to reduce the use of fossil fuel and the resulting carbon emissions which will help us mitigate against global warming and climate change

Vo: (as I was rounding up he cut in, he had started looking at me more like it be like sey you sabi abi, okay, this denial go hard forme to achieve small) okay so what other reasons why you want to go to this university asides the research

Me: (in my mind I was surprised, after all this my explanation, you still want more, I thought quickly I have said all the theoretical things naw, let me say something real now) my department has also offered me a full tuition scholarship

(after I got out I was feeling I could also have said the university was recommended by my undergraduate research supervisor but what I said carries more weight than this and I wasn't expecting that to be my last statement there)

Vo: passes blue paper
Me: (you know the drill, don't argue, I felt like asking him why but then I remembered the shell man too asked and he just said I am obligated to....in mind is this how this interview has ended, really weird but I didn't feel bad at all this time around cos I witnessed a lot of drama there today. VO work sef no easy, lol)

God knows best, everything happens for a reason, America is a great place but everything happens for a reason. I have learnt that a painful disappointment can be a big blessing in disguise

One other married man in his mid 30s was arguing with the white male in window, the guy was stubborn and would most probably be punished, he told the vo something then the vo replied that he had asked him like 6 questions already that a visa is a privilege and not a right. The guy said I know it's not a right, vo said but you're acting like it's a right.

My denial history:
Canadian student visa (msc chemical engineering university of western Ontario no funding December 2017)
Us f1 visa (Tennessee tech university chemical engineering no funding before arrival July 2018)

I won't give up but I won't beat myself up over anything

Am sorry for the denial bro.

when i was applying for canadian visa in 2016, i remember there was a part (except it has been changed now) where they ask and specify if you have been denied a USA VISA so there is no point trying to justify misrepresentation for the ban.

My advice to you is to give US one last trial. My opinion though

my first 3 US application were filled with lies in the interview and they were all denied. My Canadian visa application was filled with the a little lie and was also denied.
MY FOURTH US APPLICATION was the absolute truth (I have never been that honest in my life grin) but to my greatest surprise it was approved.
MY ADVISE TO ALL IN THE HOUSE: NEVER LIE TO ANY EMBASSY IN YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. YOU CAN LIE IN THE INTERVIEW OR THE Statement of purpose BUT DONT EVER LIE IN YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. (THAT LIE STAYS FOR A VERY LONG TIME)

One love from this guy grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 12:06am On Jan 17, 2019
Tyleet:

I'm actually making the inquiry for my brother. It looks like he will use gce. WOW! So, you are saying it will cost him an additional 22K? But why is WES doing this to only Nigeria?? What's the meaning of all these?
to send with scratchcard nko..and schoool cert... wickedness everywhere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 1:29am On Jan 17, 2019
twittycutey:
Congratulations to you. Please can I pm you. Need to ask your some questions.

Yes please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tyleet: 2:14am On Jan 17, 2019
Sheq:
to send with scratchcard nko..and schoool cert... wickedness everywhere
Is it the high school that has to send it or you can send it yourself? And do you mail the scratch card with the photocopy of statement of result?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ConfirmD: 6:47am On Jan 17, 2019
Please i know this is shameful and doesn't give a good impression about me but I need the right answers in order to know the next step to take. I got admitted in Fall 2018 but i had a project at hand so I deferred to September 2019 after getting my i20. In November, i requested for a new i20 and chose the option where I won't have to pay for courier. I eventually got it a few days to my interview and entirely forgot to sign the i20. As expected I was rejected and I just remembered the unsigned part and i now understand why i was rejected on grounds of section 214B.
Although the VO didn't point this out but it is likely down to the unsigned i20.

My question is can I reapply for a student visa in the future and hope this will not result to any ban or stigmatization?

Please..... i just want to know if i can reapply again.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ConfirmD: 6:48am On Jan 17, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by James89: 6:56am On Jan 17, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2019
GboyegaD:

thank you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by UzzyBreeze: 7:26am On Jan 17, 2019
James89:
Please house I want to ask if the Statement of account you used for your I-20 form must be the same as the one you will present for interview?please help.

Not necessarily the same. If the date you printed the first to obtain your I-20 is not really far from the interview, you can use same. The one for the interview should be at least 3 months before the interview date.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:42am On Jan 17, 2019
ConfirmD:
Please i know this is shameful and doesn't give a good impression about me but I need the right answers in order to know the next step to take. I got admitted in Fall 2018 but i had a project at hand so I deferred to September 2019 after getting my i20. In November, i requested for a new i20 and chose the option where I won't have to pay for courier. I eventually got it a few days to my interview and entirely forgot to sign the i20. As expected I was rejected and I just remembered the unsigned part and i now understand why i was rejected on grounds of section 214B.
Although the VO didn't point this out but it is likely down to the unsigned i20.

My question is can I reapply for a student visa in the future and hope this will not result to any ban or stigmatization?

Please..... i just want to know if i can reapply again.

Not signing your i20 is not the reason you were denied.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 8:28am On Jan 17, 2019
Tyleet:

Is it the high school that has to send it or you can send it yourself? And do you mail the scratch card with the photocopy of statement of result?
you sent gce na....for the gce you will go to waec office....even though wes said you can send it there by yourself... so long as it is stamped. the waec lady refused o..she said you will pay for it

you sent scratch cars and certificate seperately by yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beekorly(f): 9:42am On Jan 17, 2019
slamcole:

Hi there, with a strong profile like yours I will recommend you consider the USM for the PhD option. It's fully funded.

University of Southern Mississippi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2019
Like I said earlier I feel there is a new policy with visa issuance at the USA embassy’s. Denial rate has sky rocketed. I have friends who have been going for years without any default. They have all been refused for no reason. Please a man who works in Shell can never have any intent to migrate without proper job at the USA. I agreed that Canada had to speak to the USA to revisit their visa issuance as people have been crossing into Canada from the USA and seeking asylum. In my opinion I think we should leave USA for now. They would calm down later.
domex007:

Am sorry for the denial bro.

when i was applying for canadian visa in 2016, i remember there was a part (except it has been changed now) where they ask and specify if you have been denied a USA VISA so there is no point trying to justify misrepresentation for the ban.

My advice to you is to give US one last trial. My opinion though

my first 3 US application were filled with lies in the interview and they were all denied. My Canadian visa application was filled with the a little lie and was also denied.
MY FOURTH US APPLICATION was the absolute truth (I have never been that honest in my life grin) but to my greatest surprise it was approved.
MY ADVISE TO ALL IN THE HOUSE: NEVER LIE TO ANY EMBASSY IN YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. YOU CAN LIE IN THE INTERVIEW OR THE Statement of purpose BUT DONT EVER LIE IN YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. (THAT LIE STAYS FOR A VERY LONG TIME)

One love from this guy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nkel08: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Please guys I need your urgent help!. I have a girlfriend (US citizen) in the states and she's visited me in Nigeria for 3 weeks in November 2018. This is actually our first meeting and we got engaged. After that she returns to back to States. I don't know if easy for her file for fiancee visa or i should file from Nigeria. Please what should be our next step. Please guys advice me.
Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.