Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793158 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2019
lockupman:
Hello my people. I have a Bachelor degree in Economics and I want to do a Masters in information Systems. Please can you guys suggest a school that accept low or no GRE and whose program has people without IT foundation in mind. Thanks

Hey,

First, most information systems program are dominated by people with no foundation in IT. The difference between information systems and other IT degrees like information technology or computer science is that it is a specialized business degree uniquely designed for everyone irrespective of educational background. Right now some schools are ditching their traditional MBA programs in favor of information systems, business analysis and quantitative analysis program.

Since you have a degree in economics, you are a perfect fit for a masters in information systems. Look for schools that does this program in their business school and fire on but you might really want to rethink your "low or no GRE" mentality. This field is a highly quantitative field where they crunch data and figures using regression and correlation analysis especially if you opt for the analytics option and so the admission committe would want to see your quantitative skill reflected in your GRE quant score. My tier 2 low ranked school requested for a GRE quantitative score of 168. Just rethink it.

This field is not really funded but it is worth every penny and the stress and it's STEM too. it also has lots of creative options and it disguises as an IT degree even when most folks in the program don't know how to write any line of code.

You may find this link interesting : https://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/articles/2019-03-21/how-stem-courses-can-enhance-your-mba

Hope this helps you.

N/B: Sorry I can't help you with lists of schools. You may have to search this on your own as tuition and many criteria play a big role here.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bricke: 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2019
Bricke:
good morning nairalanders. please i just took the GRE exam (309) and i have a toefl score of 105. my UG gpa is 3.05/5.0 and i have a published academic journal also. im looking to do a masters in construction management or anything related to the built environment. i need schools in the US that will offer at least a partial scholarship to help offset the financial costs. thank you.

pls people, i need information. thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
coolguy567:
Can I show the photocopy of my sponsor passport page together with the statement of account if the consular ask for the statement of account
Only give to the VO whatever is asked of you. SOA is SOA, not SOA + sponsor passport page.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2019
I will like to apply to Fordham for fall.
lockupman:
Anyone applying to NJIT, Montclair State university and Fordham University?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lockupman(m): 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2019
Cool. I'm applying to those three schools.

1stdami:
I will like to apply to Fordham for fall.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ajibade105(m): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2019
If I get you right; does it mean your wife will be graduating in May? If yes, I will just advice your wife to stay in the US because getting a visa outside the US after graduation is 50/50...

Stdannyel:
Good morning everyone,
Please I need the gurus to help out on this.
My wife is currently studying in Kansas, but I am planning for her to come over to Dubai for her Summer vacation, and around this time her visa will expire, please how do we go about extending the visa, is it possible we do it from Dubai or must it be her home country?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2019
Marjoribanks:
why are such a dimwit. Why are you trying to discourage the good people of this thread from helping genuine help seekers.
Please stop!

He is not real. Just looking for means to extort money from people. He doesn't even know what SAT is used for. His account was created today and he said he has seen people receive help on this thread. Quite suspicious

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2019
lockupman:
Cool. I'm applying to those three schools.

Are you applying for fall? They are good schools by the way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Marjoribanks: 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2019
The wonderful and exceptional people of this thread. Please I need your recommendations and advice. I have a Research Assistant interview on April 3rd that would guarantee me full funding for my entire graduate program if selected.
Please, I need your valuable contributions on area of concentration.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.