Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795770 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by molosfaith86(f): 11:05am On Mar 26, 2019
Thanks. My aunt is the sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 11:55am On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=BikeMan post=76998107]you gotta tell the bosses your course, school, if you got any scholarship [/quote/]

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 11:57am On Mar 26, 2019
molosfaith86:
Good morning everyone, am going for f1 visa interview on 9th April for undergraduate studies any advice please?

Post your proposed transcript let the gurus in the house review it for you.

And hope you have been doing mock interview ahead .

Wishing you success and fulfilment in advance.

cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adtek(m): 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
NYPD:

Dude many people may bash you for this but go with your heart. I studied Engineering for 5 years in Naija and didn't know Jack. I applied to a community college here and got my Visa and right now I am studying computer science. At first I was forming boss because I thought I knew Maths after all I studied Electrical Engineering but I was humbled by small Calculus 1

Now I am humbled, learning and understanding concepts which you wouldn't necessarily get in Nigerian schools. If after your Bsc you don't have a basic knowledge of Python, Java, C++, you don't know Object Oriented Programming, you can't implement Basic Data Structures like Arrays, Linked List, Binary Search Trees, Heap e.t.c you can't implement Basic sort algorithms, you can't perform perform computational complexity of algorithms, you don't know Dynamic Programming then please go to a community college, I have learnt all of this in community college. Don't mind this uninformed people who think life is all about getting masters without the skills needed to show for it.

Please, I am 28 years, I have HND in Mechanical Engineering, graduated in 2014, I wish to go a community college in US to study Automobile Maintenance, though I have been working as a Field Engineer in Nigeria, What are my chances of been admitted base on my age? and Visa processing too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
Adtek:

Please, I am 28 years, I have HND in Mechanical Engineering, graduated in 2014, I wish to go a community college in US to study Automobile Maintenance, though I have been working as a Field Engineer in Nigeria, What are my chances of been admitted base on my age? and Visa processing too?

Why community college after HND? A masters is better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adtek(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=Time2win post=77000323]

Why community college after HND? A masters is better[/quote

I can't use HND for masters or do u know schools that accepts HND for masters in US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by icagbons: 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2019
Hey Guys I Need Help!!!
I was denied my visa at Abuja Us Embassy today.
I want to reapply and book another appointment. Please what and what fee I need to pay again? And will I need to fill a new DS-160 form online again
Please I need reply!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2019
icagbons:
Hey Guys I Need Help!!!
I want to reapply and book another appointment. Please what and what fee I need to pay again? And will I need to fill a new DS-160 form online again
Please I need reply!

Why were you denied? If you don't know, post your transcript here so the experienced people can help you correct your mistake you made during the first attempt today so that you can prepare very well to get your visa at the second attempt.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by molosfaith86(f): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
icagbons:
Hey Guys I Need Help!!!
Please I need reply!

What was d reason for the denial?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by molosfaith86(f): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
Please who is going to New Jersey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pepperoni001: 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
DON'T LET THESE UNINFORMED PEOPLE'S OPINION AFFECT YOU. SEND YOUR TRANSCRIPT TO WES TO BE EVALUATED. AN EVALUATED TRANSCRIPT OPENS A LOT OF DOORS.

[quote author=Adtek post=77000853][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Haryor3(m): 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
Hello, I’ve recently been admitted into a Masters program. I want to use my uncle as sponsor but his money is usually in his company account, is it okay to apply with the company account? And as sponsorship letter from the company?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=Adtek post=77000853][/quote]

Dont be discouraged. With my HND I got admitted into 6 Universities.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Angelswt(f): 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2019
Bricke:
good morning nairalanders. please i just took the GRE exam (309) and i have a toefl score of 105. my UG gpa is 3.05/5.0 and i have a published academic journal also. im looking to do a masters in construction management or anything related to the built environment. i need schools in the US that will offer at least a partial scholarship to help offset the financial costs. thank you.
Good evening, congratulations on your scores.
Please how did you register for TOEFL? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Haryor3(m): 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
Haryor3:
Hello, I’ve recently been admitted into a Masters program. I want to use my uncle as sponsor but his money is usually in his company account, is it okay to apply with the company account? And as sponsorship letter from the company?

Someone please answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 4:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Haryor3:

Statements of account for the school or the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
Adtek:

Community College is a bad idea, go for your MSc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Haryor3(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

Statements of account for the school or the embassy?

For both school and embassy. I hear they have to be the same.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrcodebreaker: 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
My i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by royal200: 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
Please I need help. I was giving admission and I like to pay for my admission letter courier. The problem is that the courier service used by the school don't accept card payment by Nigeria unless I do a wire transfer or PayPal but the wire do take time and I don't have a PayPal account. Please I need help to overcome this.. It's 105$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Haryor3:

For both school and embassy. I hear they have to be the same.

No, they must not be the same
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
royal200:
Please I need help. I was giving admission and I like to pay for my admission letter courier. The problem is that the courier service used by the school don't accept card payment by Nigeria unless I do a wire transfer or PayPal but the wire do take time and I don't have a PayPal account. Please I need help to overcome this.. It's 105$

Create a paypal account and link your card to it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
Adtek:
I can't use HND for masters or do u know schools that accepts HND for masters in US?

You can use HND for masters. Search this thread, someone have listed some schools before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
Open a paypal account and register your card details with them
royal200:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Haryor3(m): 4:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
Time2win:

No, they must not be the same

But can I use a company account at the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by molosfaith86(f): 4:40pm On Mar 26, 2019
Please I only applied for one school which I was admitted, does dat have any effect on my Visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
Haryor3:

But can I use a company account at the embassy?

Yes but personal account is preferable
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
molosfaith86:
Please I only applied for one school which I was admitted, does dat have any effect on my Visa

Not all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Haryor3(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
Thank you.

Time2win:

Yes but personal account is preferable
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by icagbons: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
Here is my Transcript for my F1 Visa interview today at the US embassy

VO: Good morning and pass me your password and your i-20

ME: Good morning (Passing my passport and my i-20

VO: (typing and looking at her computer) what year did you finish your secondary school

ME: (I was feeling she asked the wrong question because while filling my forms I didn't include my secondary education) I finished my secondary school education in the year bla bla bla.

VO: After your secondary education what do you do?

ME: I gained admission to study Mechanical Engineering from bla bla bla and after gaining my National Diploma certificate, I started my HND in the same Mechanical Engineering course and I graduated in 2018.

VO: Sorry your Visa has been denied.... Try again later.

I actually applied to go and have an Associate of Science degree in the US, I used my HAND to apply when filling the form. but after the whole interview I finally realized that the secondary education she was referring to was suppose to mean the year I graduated from my HND and not secondary school. So am I answered the wrong answer to her question.

But I want to re apply... I won't give up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by icagbons: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
HND*****
icagbons:

VO: (typing and looking at her computer) what year did you finish your secondary school

ME: (I was feeling she asked the wrong question because while filling my forms I didn't include my secondary education) I finished my secondary school education in the year bla bla bla.

ME: I gained admission to study Mechanical Engineering from bla bla bla and after gaining my National Diploma certificate, I started my HND in the same Mechanical Engineering course and I graduated in 2018.

I actually applied to go and have an Associate of Science degree in the US, I used my HAND to apply when filling the form. but after the whole interview I finally realized that the secondary education she was referring to was suppose to mean the year I graduated from my HND and not secondary school. So am I answered the wrong answer to her question.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
icagbons:

Dont reapply with associate degree... Apply for masters and Yes with your HND.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.