Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793499 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 8:25am On Mar 27, 2019
Timottee:

Why do you have to pay so much to receive your admission letter? Most schools send a copy via email as well as a hard copy. If your school sent you an admission letter via email, you can print it out and use it for your visa interview or for whatever purpose you need it for. Spending $105 to send your admission letter via courier isn't financially prudent, unless you do not have an email copy.

That can't be for admission letter alone! It should be for all the immigration docs, I-20 and co....I guess!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by izeekss: 8:26am On Mar 27, 2019
CuteRedd:
Hi guys I think we should create a thread for students in the diaspora (USA) to share their experiences, informations and general conversations like how they are surviving in the USA etc. I believe a thread of its own would be beneficial to everyone. What do you all think?

Good idea...Seconded... CuteRedd cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 8:57am On Mar 27, 2019
Hello bro have you got the funding yet I will to know if i can dm you
Gloryemo:
Hello, pls what semester are you going for? I applied for fall 2019, have gotten admission, and i applied for GA but not heard anything yet.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pepperoni001: 9:02am On Mar 27, 2019
go to WWW.WES.ORG

open an account with them, you will be issued a reference Number, go for WES ICAP evaluation, it's expensive though, costs about $220. After the payment, allow your school to SEND both ND and HND transcript to WES for them to be evaluated. After a while, you will receive your evaluation report, it will be given in the USA bsc standard, then you can use the US equivalency to apply to schools.

Best of Lucks

Adtek:

How will I do that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2019
texrem:

SLimmy2005 is making mad funds now! grin grin

Thats very good to hear ....... only good news and the only way is up up up

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:38am On Mar 27, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Life in America got us busy like crazy. cry How you doing though?

Chairman i salute .......... I am doing great , hustling as usual grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sarcasticmofo: 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
Pointguardusa:
As some of you might know, I want to take the SAT and I really need some advice. I am currently in Anambra but I would be willing to go to Abuja to take the SAT if it won't be impossible for me to take it here. I need to become a student-athlete at Duke University and I think this will be a step in that direction.

How can I register and how much does it cost? What books do I need to get? I would have gone to the EDUSA advising centre but for distance.

I really need your input.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

There's a SAT center in Benin, there's one in Port Harcourt and I think there are two Anambra

Take your SAT first, apply to Duke. After applying go to the athletics tab on their website, look for the sports you want to participate in and mail the coaches. Alot of them require you send them a video of you playing the sport you choose and recommendation from your home coach.

It costs #31,650 directly but if you're not registering alone most centers registers for #50,000 and above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Soothing: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hello gurus
Pls can I use ARM investment savings account details of my sponsor for Visa interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
Pointguardusa:
As some of you might know, I want to take the SAT and I really need some advice. I am currently in Anambra but I would be willing to go to Abuja to take the SAT if it won't be impossible for me to take it here. I need to become a student-athlete at Duke University and I think this will be a step in that direction.

How can I register and how much does it cost? What books do I need to get? I would have gone to the EDUSA advising centre but for distance.

I really need your input.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am just seeing your profile n saw your moniker is "point guard," which means u wish to play basketball at Duke, if I am not wrong.

Duke has one of the best basketball program at college level n most of their players are good enough to enter the NBA straight from high school. In short, u basically want to go to Duke to contest with NBA quality players, n I don't think u can acheive that except u hv a special feature like a 7feet height.

Why not put more effort in SAT n get in like any other undergraduate with a scholarship, when u get to Duke or any other program with great basketball teams, u can go do their trials afterwards.

Going to Duke on a basketball ticket AS A POINTGUARD looks a lot more impossible than possible.

Set a more realistic goal, get a good SAT scores n use your basketball to brush up your application.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2019
Pls where exactly in awka? How do o get the books?
Sarcasticmofo:

There's a SAT center in Benin, there's one in Port Harcourt and I think there are two Anambra

Take your SAT first, apply to Duke. After applying go to the athletics tab on their website, look for the sports you want to participate in and mail the coaches. Alot of them require you send them a video of you playing the sport you choose and recommendation from your home coach.

It costs #31,650 directly but if you're not registering alone most centers registers for #50,000 and above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ideebong: 2:19pm On Mar 27, 2019
Good day house, Please I need to get this information right. Can i use the same account statement that I used for my previous visa interview because the bank statement is only showing statements of last year and I would be applying again this fall or should I update it because my sponsor is a us citizen and it would be stressful for him to update again and send the original down here .please I need advice on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tunnyz7: 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ideebong:
Good day house, Please I need to get this information right. Can i use the same account statement that I used for my previous visa interview because the bank statement is only showing statements of last year and I would be applying again this fall or should I update it because my sponsor is a us citizen and it would be stressful for him to update again and send the original down here .please I need advice on this.
I would suggest you take your time to satisfy your mind my getting updated documents. Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ideebong:

If it's above 6months period by the time you are going for your interview, you should get an updated one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gcodded: 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2019
please I need your help on this ..i was accepted to study computer science , but liberal art and science is written on my i20. the school told me that the norms. should I say am gonna study liberal art and science but major in computer science, or should I just say am gonna study computer science during my interview. to avoid story that touches the heart.
secondly if I say am gonna study computer science, will that make the vo think that I don't know my course?
thirdly, if the vo ask me to talk about my course, should I talk about liberal art or computer science.
my interview is around the corner , please i need your advice on this to avoid negative outcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2019
Gcodded:
please I need your help on this ..i was accepted to study computer science , but liberal art and science is written on my i20. the school told me that the norms. should I say am gonna study liberal art and science but major in computer science, or should I just say am gonna study computer science during my interview. to avoid story that touches the heart.
secondly if I say am gonna study computer science, will that make the vo think that I don't know my course?
thirdly, if the vo ask me to talk about my course, should I talk about liberal art or computer science.
my interview is around the corner , please i need your advice on this to avoid negative outcome

Kinda confusing. I will advise you go with what you have on your i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2019
OluDare01:

Check out Tennessee Tech. Email Dr. Tania Datta in Civil and Environmental Engineering and see if she has funding.
You may also check the Engineering technology master's program at East Tennessee State University

Bro, I have sent Dr Datta a mail and a reminder. No reply yet since then. Can I send a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2019
Gcodded:

Are you for undergrad studies , if yes then i would not worry about it ........ Just state as you mention that you are going for computer science and the school says it falls under the umbrella of Liberal arts and Science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
AgreatMan:

I guess one of the reasons u applied to Michigan tech was cos they waive application fee but that school no too hold bar. You can try to find GA openings on their website

Not sure if these schools all have environmental engineering but certainly have something related.

1. Florida A n M and FSU joint engineering program. April 1st deadline. Clearly written that funding is not based on first come first serve.

2. Morgan State U. April 1 deadline.

3. U of texas at Arlington. Priority funding deadline is March 15.

4. If you can shell out $158 application fee, Texas A n M college station is open till April 15. Their funding is not also based on early application as long as u r d right candidate.

You might want to consider MSc too. That PhD, except a Prof asked u to apply, it is a hard.

It is not yet over.

Can I PM u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gcodded: 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Are you for undergrad studies , if yes then i would not worry about it ........ Just state as you mention that you are going for computer science and the school says it falls under the umbrella of Liberal arts and Science
thank you.
what if the vo ask me to talk about the program, should I discuss liberal art or computer science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by evelynnkeiru: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
My visa was approved today all glory be to God.

22 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gcodded: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
evelynnkeiru:
congrats bby

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Lamabel: 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
Good day house, I am a silent follower of this thread and I must confess this thread has helped me immensely.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2019
Gcodded:

thank you.
what if the vo ask me to talk about the program, should I discuss liberal art or computer science

what concerns you with liberal arts cheesy ........ Talk on what you applied for , Computer science and what your dreams are regarding that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
Lamabel:
Good day house, I am a silent follower of this thread and I must confess this thread has helped me immensely.
I studied occupational therapy in Nigeria and I got an admission to study masters of occupational therapy at Salem state university. Although it’s still conditional because I have to complete some courses that were not covered in our school curriculum.
I was recently asked to provide a financial document worth $25,121 so I can go about it. I didn’t know it will cost this much because it is the second most affordable schools for masters in my course.
I applied for a research assistantship and I am hoping to hear good news about it soon.
My problem now is I don’t know how to go about getting an account that has up to that amount. I was planning to use my uncle as a sponsor and I told him the tuition is $8,000 but now it’s a different thing.
The program starts by fall 2019.
My questions are
How soon do I have to send the financial document to get my I-20
Should I wait till when I hear the verdict for the research assistantship application.
I really just need a nudge in the right direction. Anyone who has done this before should please help out.
Thank you

visa is not the real problem if you think Long term , completing the course is and staying on status ...... If you get visa you will be expected to spend about $25,121 within 9-12 months so let put i20 as aside first . How will you pay for it and how will you survive if not given research assistanship ?. to be out of status in america is not easy oooo

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

what concerns you with liberal arts cheesy ........ Talk on what you applied for , Computer science and what your dreams are regarding that

But computer science is not under liberal arts. The person interviewing him will be wondering what he actually applied for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
Time2win:

But computer science is not under liberal arts. The person interviewing him will be wondering what he actually applied for.

you raise a good point but i think Computer can be under Liberal arts and science . It depends on how the school college is broken down. I20 Classification doesn’t have to be exact , a school can choose the umbrella it falls under ….. But at the same time , even if it not exact in all cases, they cannot choose something random or two things that are not related

I think Gcodded , you need to go back and check that this is not a mistake .. Contact the school , If the school confirms that how they classify it then its ok . What school is this ? , I can check their website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

you raise a good point but i think Computer can be under Liberal arts and science . It depends on how the school college is broken down. I20 Classification doesn’t have to be exact , a school can choose the umbrella it falls under ….. But at the same time , even if it not exact in all cases, they cannot choose something random or two things that are not related

I think Gcodded , you need to go back and check that this is not a mistake . If the school confirms that how they classify it then its ok . What school is this ? , I can check their website
UNPOPULAR OPINION: This Nairaland Forum is the most underrated,that been said I have had similar issue as regards slight difference on the course stated on the 1-20 as against what I was admitted for. I contacted the Grafuate Afmissions office they replied my mail almost immediately. Reassuring me that there was no cause for alarm. She further stated that in when the school registers a student under SEVIS there is a list of UMBRELLA courses the pick from that cuts across all universities in the United States. She even went further advising me to print out the mails we both exchanged to show the Vo Incase of any doubt. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
evelynnkeiru:
Hi stranger congrats! If u don’t mind after ur Adrenaline rush of excitement has trickled down kindly share ur Transcripts with us.
Warm Regards.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yemyem4uall: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
evelynnkeiru:

Congrat !!!. Please, share the Transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I think Gcodded , you need to go back and check that this is not a mistake .. Contact the school , If the school confirms that how they classify it then its ok . What school is this ? , I can check their website

Yeah it can be under liberal arts and science but having liberal arts as a course you are studying will make the interviewer wonder how computer science and liberal arts links. I am still finding it hard to know the relation maybe its a business course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gcodded: 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.