Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794834 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OluDare01(m): 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
TheZed:
You are correct sir. That was why I asked her to call the program grad cord for more clarification when she mentioned chemistry.
you're right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
Thank you @LagosismyHome I am really blessed with your advise I was previously thinking school share details with embassy
LagosismyHome:

For me august is too old to use..... you can use uncle i guess if no name was listed on your i20. If there was a name listed then i would have said stick to it as i prefer consistency
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
LagosismyHome:

While i understand things are not easy but i20 shipping fee is a fraction of schooling abroad. If it hard , how would visa , tickets etc be paid
Yes Ma, Actually I already planned for all My Sevis Fee, Visa Fee... I don't really know how I manage to forget the I-20 shipping Fee, Maybe Coz I got my admission last year or maybe Coz I have some printed copy.... All these cost are on me until I get my Visa... Then My sponsor can release his funds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
Godchangemylife:

Yes Ma, Actually I already planned for all My Sevis Fee, Visa Fee... I don't really know how I manage to forget the I-20 shipping Fee, Maybe Coz I got my admission last year or maybe Coz I have some printed copy.... All these cost are on me until I get my Visa... Then My sponsor can release his funds.

How much is your schools rate. You can use Dhl for about $60 shipping....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Babbie23(f): 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hi guys, how will you answer to the question...why is your uncle sponsoring you and not your parents?

Note: parents are financially sound.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 05, 2019
LagosismyHome:

How much is your schools rate. You can use Dhl for about $60 shipping....

I would've tried that... But my school only Shipping service is UMES in which it cost $108 ... And the other option is sending it to someone in the states( to help with the shipping and that's for free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 2:29am On Apr 05, 2019
Babbie23:
Hi guys, how will you answer to the question...why is your uncle sponsoring you and not your parents?

Note: parents are financially sound.
Lol. Parents are financially SOUND but your uncle would still be your sponsor? If you can phantom why your uncle wants to sponsor you despite your parents' financial buoyancy, I doubt what help you'd be needing again in answering the question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by melvin4gups: 2:47am On Apr 05, 2019
Hi Guys,
I need your help and advice on this please.
My interview date was for 16th April 2019. Got a text later in the day that my appointment date is been rescheduled to 26th April 2019.
I am expected to resume for studies latest 1st May 2019 as indicated on my 1-20 which means Iam supposed to be in the US before May 1st.
WHAT DO I DO PLS? I NEED YOUR HELP HERE GUYS ASAP, PLS.

It isnt certain my school will grant me an extension letter which will also depend on my visa approval .
Pls help me out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:58am On Apr 05, 2019
Babbie23:

Note: parents are financially sound .

In nigeria harsh economy why will an uncle sponsor a child of a wealthy man/woman aka financially sound.... ? .....

if you are worried about this question then maybe its best your parent sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by xcaper(m): 8:09am On Apr 05, 2019
We are in the same shoe got admission to study Chemical Engineering, have sent countless mails for funding and no response yet. I pray all will end in praise
mhizposh:
Morning folks,i have a question that has been bothering me
How does North Carolina A&T University fund her Admitted Masters students?I have sent countless mail concerning Funding to my program Grad cord,all to no avail.

PS:I have fears going to the embassy with an I20 with no funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LordSir1: 10:24am On Apr 05, 2019
mjksho:

Hi.

1. Yes, you can transfer to another school even after getting your visa with Lamar. But you must make sure you do that before classes start.

2. About rankings between the 3 schools; it does not actually matter. Go to anyone that offers you good funding.

Hello, please I just sent you a pm. I’ll like to ask you a couple of questions regarding this. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AAmide2204: 10:46am On Apr 05, 2019
Good morning @lagosismyhome I really don't know how to use this but I hope you get this......I applied for a student visa but I was denied due to having strong ties in the us and she was not convinced I will be coming back I am supposed to resume this may but no dice so I am thinking of re-applying this month with the same I-20.... would it work and what should I do to correct the mistakes....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by timhannah93: 11:06am On Apr 05, 2019
Please how long is a F1 visa usually issued for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:17am On Apr 05, 2019
AAmide2204:
Good morning @lagosismyhome I really don't know how to use this but I hope you get this......I applied for a student visa but I was denied due to having strong ties in the us and she was not convinced I will be coming back I am supposed to resume this may but no dice so I am thinking of re-applying this month with the same I-20.... would it work and what should I do to correct the mistakes....

Sorry to hear this. Post your full transcript and a bit about yourself . That way Nairaland family can give you some feedback
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hi guys, please I got admitted to University of Tennessee for Msc Accounting without TOEFL because Master Student from Nigeria are exempted from submitting TOEFL is it possible to get GA without TOEFL and is it possible to get full funding without TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ToluwalekeA: 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
ProYouWebsiteUK:
Hi guys, please I got admitted to University of Tennessee for Msc Accounting without TOEFL because Master Student from Nigeria are exempted from submitting TOEFL is it possible to get GA without TOEFL and is it possible to get full funding without TOEFL.

yes very possible. talking from experience. Kindly send ur grad coordinator a mail about interest in GA. cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2019
Thanks

yes very possible. talking from experience. Kindly send ur grad coordinator a mail about interest in GA. cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mjksho(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordSir1:

Hello, please I just sent you a pm. I’ll like to ask you a couple of questions regarding this. Thanks
I have answered.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AAmide2204: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
I got an admission for Msc in agriculture and attached are my transcript..... my transcript is not loading too large
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
AAmide2204:
I got an admission for Msc in agriculture and attached are my transcript..... my transcript is not loading too large
She didn’t mean your school transcript. What she meant by transcript is your conversation with the visa officer during your interview at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AAmide2204: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
Int- Good morning
Me- good morning
Int - pass me your I-20 and passport
Int- asked yy I didn't come with the original copy of my i-20
Me-skippded my mind but the signature is valid
Int- I know....so yy er u traveling
Me-to pursue my masters degree
Int- why this courses
Me- cos I have a degree in agriculture and it is next big thing
Then the woman started typing before she gave me back my stuffs and the blue letter....
That's all I can remember
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dele31: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
Please guys, I was given a letter of financial offer covering my tuition and stipend for a masters program. Do I still need to attach a sponsor's statement of account with the financial guarantee form for the issuance of the I 20 or just attach the financial letter form?
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
AAmide2204:
Int- Good morning
Me- good morning
Int- why this courses
Then the woman started typing before she gave me back my stuffs and the blue letter....

You flopped here and spoilt the whole discussion. Secondly, always go with your original i20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
dele31:
Please guys, I was given a letter of financial offer covering my tuition and stipend for a masters program. Do I still need to attach a sponsor's statement of account with the financial guarantee form for the issuance of the I 20 or just attach the financial letter form?
Thank you

Just attach the financial letter if you don't have any deficit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dwilliams707: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
dele31:
Thank you

Simple answer YES..brief us about the school and program you applied to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dwilliams707: 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
AAmide2204:
Int- Good morning
Me- good morning
Int- why this courses

Sorry but it’s obvious you didn’t prepare at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2019
AAmide2204:
Int- Good morning
Me- good morning

Int- why this courses

Imagine if this was a job interview with millions of other candidates , do you think you would have gotten the job?.......... you were not prepared at all . This thread is rich with information , go through past transcript and learn a thing or two

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hello Nairaland family!!!
I am a newbie here and this is my 1st post on Nairaland.

I am seriously preparing for my visa interview in Master of Public Health, coming up next week and I have been randomly researching Nairaland from part 12.

I would love to post my proposed transcript but it is too voluminous. Please what advice would can this family give me as I studied B.SC Political Science and I am starting the MPH with a 4 months English language learning as indicated on my I-20.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by melvin4gups: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hi Guys,
My interview date was for 16th April 2019. Got a text later in the day that my appointment date is been rescheduled to 26th April 2019.
I am expected to resume for studies latest 1st May 2019 as indicated on my 1-20.
Am kinda confused now.....

Pls help me out o.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
melvin4gups:
Hi Guys,
I am expected to resume for studies latest 1st May 2019 as indicated on my 1-20.

Pls help me out o.....

A weekend follows your interview. In my opinion, get an extension letter from the school or defer your admission. You shouldnt have any problem at the POE with any one of these options.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2019
melvin4gups:
Hi Guys,

Pls help me out o.....
Young man, which is May 1st? Is that the start of class or the orientation date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2019
Kingsman01:
Hello Nairaland family!!!
I am a newbie here and this is my 1st post on Nairaland.

I am seriously preparing for my visa interview in Master of Public Health, coming up next week and I have been randomly researching Nairaland from part 12.

I would love to post my proposed transcript but it is too voluminous. Please what advice would can this family give me as I studied B.SC Political Science and I am starting the MPH with a 4 months English language learning as indicated on my I-20.

Thank you.
Hello, from your note, it's obvious your got a CONDITIONAL admission. No one can predict your chances but it's not a good thing if it is stated on your I-20 that you'd be taking ESL classes. Which school is that bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.