Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,109 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793112 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
So, you believe they got the visa after reapplication because Wharton called the US embassy in Nigeria, or because these students reapply and got it (as we have seen many students get their visas after reapplication)?
LagosismyHome:

grin.. i can confirm to you that Wharton did call the embassy and sorted those visa. This story close to home and i can give you names. There are always networks that happen on the backend . ....

some people get direct phone number to consulate . Its called LEVELS

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by molosfaith86(f): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
fairheart:
grin grin grin Schools doesn't verify bank statement; they are after seeing the balance, and proper documentation on financial affidavit form. Nothing more! 30K is a lot. Please relax and shake up your plans. It appear to me that this is not the best time to apply for this visa (just so you'll not record a denial). And if you don't mind, how old are you? I am just trying to see other options I can recommend.

18 yrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
CuteRedd:
i can attest to this! Even Lagosismyhome confirmed it so what’s the problem?

Leave am make he dey talk. Na him decision to accept or decline - and it doesn't change anything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
fairheart:
So, you believe they got the visa after reapplication because Wharton called the US embassy in Nigeria, or because these students reapply and got it (as we have seen many students get their visas after reapplication)?

I think either might have worked especially the latter as others have been given second try .... but in this case the school made a direct call .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
CuteRedd:
i can attest to this! Even Lagosismyhome confirmed it so what’s the problem?

Leave am make he dey talk. Na him decision to accept or decline - and it doesn't change anything.

Those business schools get maaad connect!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
I know about phone numbers. I even get my own! No be mouth! I was just trying to be sure whether or not it's the call or the student got approval after they reapplied as some students gets it, too? Also, consider that they were never interviewed by the same set of consular who denied them.
LagosismyHome:

grin.. i can confirm to you that Wharton did call the embassy and sorted those visa. This story close to home and i can give you names. There are always networks that happen on the backend . ....

some people get direct phone number to consulate . Its called LEVELS

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by molosfaith86(f): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The truth is even as a nurse its not easy to sponsor and undergrad for 4 years. Regardless of her earnings it depends on her outgoings. Maybe she spends a lot on her lifestyle. Its her money and her choice to make . To sponsor a child for 4 years is also different from sponsoring another relative

I cant day for sure what the real situation is .... but abroad people work very hard for their money so there are always stories that touch when others want to depend on that money. Also sometimes initally sponsoring might seem like an okay idea but the closer to reality then colder the cold feet. .

How did you get your i20. Did she send the bank details directly to the school . It might also be due to security reasons. She knows best but go and tell her you cant go for interview without it and see what she says
Yes she sent the bank details to school. She did all the applications for me. Am just going for the interview. The husband works in US state security service

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
lols. shocked shocked shocked You don talk am finish. They get maad connect!
bracelum:

Those business schools get maaad connect!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
fairheart:
I know about phone numbers. I even get my own! No be mouth! I was just trying to be sure whether or not it's the call or the student got approval after they reapplied as some students gets it, too? Also, consider that they were never interviewed by the same set of consular who denied them.

Baba, forget this talk

If you enter those top bschools, visa no be problem for you. If them reject you (which they hardly do), the school go make calls for you.

And if they reject you, it is most likely that you didn't use the school's resources as much as you should have.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
Well, look at your options and see what's best for you. Also, talk to your person in the US that a student visa will not be issued without her statement in your hand as you need to go to the embassy with it. That apart, do try and get a scholarship or financial aid. To be honest with you, your application smells like the type your relative in the US want to use to bring you in. Be sure, the consular will likely reason in this direction during the interview.

I wish you the best!
molosfaith86:

18 yrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dimejalex(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
fcnaxo:
60$
how many working days will d I-20 arrive in naija and is it Fedex couriers services u used ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 9:44pm On Apr 03, 2019
dimejalex:
how many working days will d I-20 arrive in naija and is it Fedex couriers services u used ?
DHL exactly 4days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 9:44pm On Apr 03, 2019
Pefuele:

Wow...I used $102 to request for I-20 via UPS.
Which University is that?
Yh I heard UPS was on the high side I was glad DHL came through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2019
Schools actually do, I’ve heard of Harvard and Columbia calling the embassy after the denial of visa
fairheart:
Ah! You certainly wouldn't go further because you do not have experiential fact! You're the first person to tell me school call embassy to issue student visa to bschools student. And I have been laughing! Thanks anyway! grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
fairheart:
Ah! You certainly wouldn't go further because you do not have experiential fact! You're the first person to tell me school call embassy to issue student visa to bschools student. And I have been laughing! Thanks anyway! grin

Don't say what you don't. They call. Visa can never be your issue with top 15 B school admit.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AkAbiola(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

time has gone sha. A child born then would be finishing secondary school soon smiley cheesy grin , yet it feels like yesterday

Eeyah... I like this... Life is a journey... Memories last long...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Schools actually do, I’ve heard of Harvard and Columbia calling the embassy after the denial of visa

For me that they were rejected in the first place shows its not automatic for top schools

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2019
You’re right... I understand your point
LagosismyHome:

For me that they were rejected in the first place shows its not automatic for top schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Most times they do it to make more money, they know you will reapply again.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
molosfaith86:

Yes she sent the bank details to school. She did all the applications for me. Am just going for the interview. The husband works in US state security service

If she did all the application then the intention and willingness is there. Talk to her again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
Time2win:

Most times they do it to make more money, they know you will reapply again.

smiley cheesy grin..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by teebaxy(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
I great you my good people ...
I have some questions here oh, as I'm tired and seek of Nigeria . I'm a graduate, and an MPA holder but I need help in my search of greener pasture
1. I'd like to know how or better means of getting a US student passport
2. The cost in estimate
3. The duration for processing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Cutetina: 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hello house,

I saw on the requirements for F1 visa that you must hold a passport that will last throughout the duration of your studies in the US. My current passport expires on Nov 2021 while my programme end date is June 2022 (I do not understand the reason though as my course is a 2 year course meaning it should end in June 2021. If you understand the reason for the additional 1 year, please tell me).

I haven't booked a visa appointment yet as I just paid the sevis fee. The guys at the immigration office say that passports are only renewed 6 months to expiry. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Is this requirement really important? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 03, 2019
Cutetina:
Hello house,

I saw on the requirements for F1 visa that you must hold a passport that will last throughout the duration of your studies in the US. My current passport expires on Nov 2021 while my programme end date is June 2022 (I do not understand the reason though as my course is a 2 year course meaning it should end in June 2021. If you understand the reason for the additional 1 year, please tell me).

I haven't booked a visa appointment yet as I just paid the sevis fee. The guys at the immigration office say that passports are only renewed 6 months to expiry. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Is this requirement really important? Thanks

As long as your passport has 6 months validity from the date of your arrival, you're fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OluDare01(m): 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
cheesy cheesy I hail you ma
LagosismyHome:

smiley cheesy grin.... how young is young. I still manage to be within 30 to 40 age bracket but my last degree waka was class of 04/06..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2019
Rehabist27:
Hello Guys, please I need ur urgent input. I have booked an interview date in May. I have 40% scholarship from the school and my sponsor is my Employer who will pay tuition while I will pay for my living expenses of 4K$. Please, what are my chances of my employer sponsoring me. Am actually in paid employment and am using my employer's bank statements.

Please, I still await answers to my questions. Additionally, school fees is $29k aside the scholarship sum of $15k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 03, 2019
Rehabist27:

Please, I still await answers to my questions. Additionally, school fees is $29k aside the scholarship sum of $15k.

What school?
How employer sponsorship works is that they will foot all your bills AND you will return to the company for a few years after your program.

If you can prove both conditions to the VO, you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sarcasticmofo: 2:01am On Apr 04, 2019
GboyegaD:

Glad to see you have plans on how you intend to settle however, for the living cost, your dreams are not unrealistic and for now, you have to think of the best way to cross the hurdle of the visa interview. For this, it is not advisable you take a loan for undergraduate studies. Try think far and near of relatives or even older friends that could have about $8000 and act as your sponsor. Since you plan on living modestly, I am sure you both will be okay with an on-campus job.
I would get a bank statement of more than $12000 from my uncle for VISA interview and hope to get about $4000 from my parents when traveling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sarcasticmofo: 2:14am On Apr 04, 2019
Please who is studying in little rock Arkansas here or who knows someone studying in little rock arkansas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 3:23am On Apr 04, 2019
molosfaith86:

Not like am not ready, but she won't agree to send the documents. She's a nurse and she earns a lot. My thought is that shez doing that for security reasons.
But am confused how to explain dis to the embassy

Guess you are not reading the writing on the wall. Anyone who says this isn't willing to be a sponsor and is not helpful in my opinion. You can't tell a VO to look up your sponsor's account as that doesn't show consent and I do not think the embassy has access to bank accounts.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 3:26am On Apr 04, 2019
bracelum:

Any financial aid from Harvard, Stanford, Yale etc (whether fellowships, loans or scholarships) can get you visa from any part of the world.

Hmmm.....my brother, I have seen people who were denied based on loan to these schools you mention. A partial scholarship is way better than a loan from these schools particularly, if you tell the VO of your plan to come back and get some great careers etc. One thing I know for sure though is that if you work hard to get into such programs, you will get good funding if you are need based.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 3:28am On Apr 04, 2019
fairheart:
I see the name, bro. It's just nice to read the way you write it. Omo Yoruba atata! cheesy

Rara ooo! 'Mi o ki nse omo Yoruba atata ooo. My mom isn't Yoruba and I would identify myself as Nigerian more than any tribe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.