Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796973 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sarcasticmofo: 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
CuteRedd:
thats like N1.6million, how will you fund the rest?
I'd pay for my SEVIS, I-20 ordering, VISA fees and flight myself. I intend to do on campus jobs and if possible off campus jobs. I just need something to settle me there first... And I'm still contemplating on choosing either on or off campus accommodation since I have a friend also with me with same Scholarship to thesame school.

I'd now be going with $5K from Nigeria here tho. So I had stiffled on the loan for now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
CuteRedd:
lol I am Yoruba too and I don’t still see anything wrong with that post. @Bolded What if I told you its rude grin ? but it’s all good too grin grin
loll sis. It's all good. I did that intentionally inorder for you to see my point. I never meant it. We cool right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
AspiringPHD:

Please be humble sir.
Alright bro! Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
fabyom:

Read paragraph 4 of her post.
Our culture and upbringing defers. I am a Yoruba and my upbringing in terms of how you address people older than you or not should be with respect.
When next you want to jump on a post that does not concern you please read succinctly and carefully.
how are we supposed to know that you're older than us grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2019
Sarcasticmofo:
I'd pay for my SEVIS, I-20 ordering, VISA fees and flight myself. I intend to do on campus jobs and if possible off campus jobs. I just need something to settle me there first... And I'm still contemplating on choosing either on or off campus accommodation since I have a friend also with me with same Scholarship to thesame school.

I'd now be going with $5K from Nigeria here tho. So I had stiffled on the loan for now.

Pls reply my pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabyom: 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
BikeMan:
how are we supposed to know that you're older than us grin
Brossss loll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
dimejalex:
Hello nairalander my school mail me yesterday about my i-20 saying it ready for mailing so I was sent my school code and my sevis fee number can I go ahead and pay my sevis fee sir while waiting for my i-20 ?

Of course bro, you can go ahead and pay for your sevis fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Legit215(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
Answers please

Legit215:
Is City University of New York a safe school for getting a visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Legit215(m): 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
How long did it take for your school to verify your documents and get your I-20 ready for mailing.

dimejalex:
Hello nairalander my school mail me yesterday about my i-20 saying it ready for mailing so I was sent my school code and my sevis fee number can I go ahead and pay my sevis fee sir while waiting for my i-20 ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
fabyom:
loll sis. It's all good. I did that intentionally inorder for you to see my point. I never meant it. We cool right?
We are good wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pragya2017: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

I just want to clarify something as regards i20 and financial documents. As we all know that the i20 doesn't show all fees for the duration of the program. Will the VO only check if one can cover this amount? or they will estimate the second year fee also and make sure the financial document can cover that amount.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hello house, I am an intending fall 2020 masters applicant , I have stated this before in my profile but just to clear things up, I intend to write the GRE this year by July or august, , but by that time my SOP and LOR is not going to be ready ... And I don't want to waste those four free schools, can I send my scores to the four schools and send the SOP and LORs later?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2019
pragya2017:
Hello everyone,

I just want to clarify something as regards i20 and financial documents. As we all know that the i20 doesn't show all fees for the duration of the program. Will the VO only check if one can cover this amount? or they will estimate the second year fee also and make sure the financial document can cover that amount.

Thank you
The money the VO wants to see as minimum is what is stated on ur I20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Obyknow(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kendrix69:
Hello house, I am an intending fall 2020 masters applicant , I have stated this before in my profile but just to clear things up, I intend to write the GRE this year by July or august, , but by that time my SOP and LOR is not going to be ready ... And I don't want to waste those four free schools, can I send my scores to the four schools and send the SOP and LORs later?
Yea,you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
fabyom:
See you are so rude, you can check my profile I am not a guy and I am old enough to be your father. It's your life nobody is obligating you to share stuffs on here. Ok

Then why are you here. How does his response sound rude to you? I really don’t understand why u have to post this. I think you should include your Age in your Monicker
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Scott200(m): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
G
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Scott200:
A friend is in need of help of schools whose deadline for admission and funding is still on for Fall 2019. He doesn't mind suggestions for schools to try for Spring 2020. His profile is
GMAT: 610
IELTS: 7.0
Msc (industrial and personnel relations): 4.0/7.0
Bsc(sociology): 3.18/5.0
Work experience: 2 years

He is interested in an MSc or PHD in Human Resources. I look forward to your suggestions

Try ETSU, murray state university......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kendrix69:

Yes you can! inasmuch you have open applications with the schools in question. You're good to go!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2019
dimejalex:

Yes! you can go ahead with the payment. You can as well shoot me a pm, i can help you pay too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
texrem:

Yes! you can go ahead with the payment. You can as well shoot me a pm, i can help you pay too.
Yes please shoot Texrem a pm. I shot him sometime ago and it paid off grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kendrix69:

Some schools keep test scores up to 12 - 18 months. Discuss the situation with your Program Co-ordinator (aka Grad Co-ord, if your program is housed in the Graduate School).

You won't have a problem at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KISSABLE0606(f): 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2019
AgreatMan:

I really pray u will get it.

I checked your profile to see if there is any "red light" but I found none. U hv d assistantship, u first class CGPA. I can read through d emotion that u use to craft your posts, n i know u really want this Visa n I wish u d best.

1. Try n write down d usual questions d VO will ask n prepare a response for it. Post it here, people in d house will help u too. The most basic questions might catch us unawares.

2. Know d name of your supervisor. Know a few courses u will be taking. Know the research area u want to do.

3. Don't be too confident on that day. You are negotiating for a Visa, u r not demanding for it.

Also, try and let them know stylishly that u r first class material or that u graduated top of your department.

On a side note, I checked ur last 32 posts. 30 of those posts have the word "pls." cheesy cheesy

Stop begging everybody biko grin

I really wish u good luck.
[color=#006600][/color] In my opinion, you are a cocky person...I like you grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NoQualms1(f): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
I mailed a professor and he asked, in his response, if I have funding. I replied that I was hoping to get from the school but he has not responded since then. Was my response wrong? If yes, what's the best way to respond to such question?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 12:57am On Apr 15, 2019
NoQualms1:
I mailed a professor and he asked, in his response, if I have funding. I replied that I was hoping to get from the school but he has not responded since then. Was my response wrong? If yes, what's the best way to respond to such question?

Thanks.
I can imagine how you feel about this so let me quickly share something with you.
First, a lot of professors do not respond to emails, you should be thankful he did reply.
Second, you didn't tell us the content of the mail you sent, I mean what were you seeking? Was it an assistantship, mentorship or you just wanted to establish contact with a faculty? That would explain why he asked about funding.
Third, I won't say your response was wrong but I feel it would have been more "professional". Let me show you:
I have reached out to/ contacted the grad coordinator/ department or so so so about being considered for funding but I am currently awaiting the decision.
While my example may not be perfect, I pray it shows you how passive "I am hoping" sounds. You don't just "hope" for things, you make moves,you CHASE THEM and by letting the professor know the specific steps you have taken so far, you sustain the communication.
Conclusively, I suggest you send a follow-up mail to him. I don't know what you want from him but you might just have to ask again because Nigerians are resilient, we do not go down without a fight!
P.S I am sorry if my response is long, wordy and rambling. I am having cramps and writing makes me feel better, so you might want to forgive me grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 3:08am On Apr 15, 2019
hello guys, it's good to be here after a long while.....all the best to those coming in in fall.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 9:50am On Apr 15, 2019
bracelum:

Some schools keep test scores up to 12 - 18 months. Discuss the situation with your Program Co-ordinator (aka Grad Co-ord, if your program is housed in the Graduate School).

You won't have a problem at all
Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by denniece1(m): 11:02am On Apr 15, 2019
I successfully paid my SEVIS through @walspring on friday.

I'm trying to book visa appointment, pls if i for instance book 21st May and an earlier date becomes available later on, can i reschedule to the earlier date without having to pay again?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2019
denniece1:
I successfully paid my SEVIS through @walspring on friday.

I'm trying to book visa appointment, pls if i for instance book 21st May and an earlier date becomes available later on, can i reschedule to the earlier date without having to pay again?
To the best of my knowledge, you can reschedule for FREE for just ONCE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by denniece1(m): 11:10am On Apr 15, 2019
Johnolukolade:

To the best of my knowledge, you can reschedule for FREE for just ONCE.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by drealsahmy(m): 11:40am On Apr 15, 2019
Sarcasticmofo:
PM me

I just did now...please check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pronto543(m): 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello friends,

I want to complete the DS-160 form and schedule visa appointment but my passport expires June 2019. Can I use my passport for the process despite the near expiration date?

I was at immigration office in Ilorin today to renew my passport but I was told to return in 2 weeks time. I was told the booklets have been exhausted and it would take 2 weeks or less to get new stock. I was also told people from nearby states like Oyo had to come down to Ilorin as there is shortage of the booklets nationwide.

I want to quickly schedule my visa appointment. Should I be patient or go ahead with the old passport which I will renew afterward? Thank you all. I eagerly await your responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.