Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795480 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2019
pronto543:
Hello friends,

I want to complete the DS-160 form and schedule visa appointment but my passport expires June 2019. Can I use my passport for the process despite the near expiration date?

I was at immigration office in Ilorin today to renew my passport but I was told to return in 2 weeks time. I was told the booklets have been exhausted and it would take 2 weeks or less to get new stock. I was also told people from nearby states like Oyo had to come down to Ilorin as there is shortage of the booklets nationwide.

I want to quickly schedule my visa appointment. Should I be patient or go ahead with the old passport which I will renew afterward? Thank you all. I eagerly await your responses.

Also check requirements when you are applying for anything. In this case check USA embassy site so that you can be fully aware of what you need ... so here i pasted it below for you for free ... you cannot use a passport expiring june 2019

Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least six months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pronto543(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Also check requirements when you are applying for anything. In this case check USA embassy site so that you can be fully aware of what you need ... so here i pasted it below for you for free ... you cannot use a passport expiring june 2019

Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States

Thank you for your response and the bolded. My I-20 states 31 May, 2024 as program end date. I'm resuming for a PhD program starting 2019 Fall. Does it mean the new passport which would expire by April/May 2024 depending on when I renew it would not be acceptable?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by superstel(f): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good day good people of Nigeria. I have been following this thread keenly and I must commend the trancripts, questions, answers and contributions.
I have my form 1-20 already from LU, my SEVIS fee has been paid but I am yet to book an appointment. My concern goes thus; I started working as a QC official in my company & later got promoted to Document Control Manager. I am going for my MBA with a concentration in HRM. Is there an issue with my Choice of course. Will the VO have an issue with the switch from QC to HRM? I am already enjoying the Document Control position & prefer it to QC. Again, I am an intending food business owner once I am through with my MBA. How can I convince the VO bringing these two fields together.
PS: I am sponsoring myself.
I would really appreciate your timely responses as I am about booking my appointment. I am a Fall 2019 applicant.
God bless & fulfil our heart desires this year in Jesus' name, amen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by superstel(f): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
I am so sorry about the errors.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
pronto543:

Thank you for your response and the bolded. My I-20 states 31 May, 2024 as program end date. I'm resuming for a PhD program starting 2019 Fall. Does it mean the new passport which would expire by April/May 2024 depending on when I renew it would not be acceptable?
No. all you need now is a passport that’s valid for at least 6month or so. If the passport expires before the end of your program, you can always renew it in New York or Atlanta.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2019
pronto543:

once you renew the passport, you can use it for your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sarcasticmofo: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2019
drealsahmy:

I just did now...please check
I've probably replied now. I reply every PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pronto543(m): 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
TheZed:
No. all you need now is a passport that’s valid for at least 6month or so. If the passport expires before the end of your program, you can always renew it in New York or Atlanta.

Thanks a bunch. I will ensure I renew ASAP in time for my visa appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
pronto543:

Thanks a bunch. I will ensure I renew ASAP in time for my visa appointment.
Alright all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
Anybody going to University of Toledo Ohio for Fall, lets connect

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by superstel(f): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Please, someone who has a good advice should go through my post.
superstel:
Good day good people of Nigeria. I have been following this thread keenly and I must commend the trancripts, questions, answers and contributions.
I have my form 1-20 already from LU, my SEVIS fee has been paid but I am yet to book an appointment. My concern goes thus; I started working as a QC official in my company & later got promoted to Document Control Manager. I am going for my MBA with a concentration in HRM. Is there an issue with my Choice of course. Will the VO have an issue with the switch from QC to HRM? I am already enjoying the Document Control position & prefer it to QC. Again, I am an intending food business owner once I am through with my MBA. How can I convince the VO bringing these two fields together.
I would really appreciate your timely responses as I am about booking my appointment. I am a Fall 2019 applicant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
superstel:
Please, someone who has a good advice should go through my post.
Every question or post has a target audience. Obviously the audience for your post are not yet online. When they come around, they will do well to counsel you in their individual capacity. Do you think you can be a little more patient? God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ToluwalekeA: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
tactmayor:

Ohio University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by de95: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
Please can someone help review my proposed interview.thanks and God bless.
Why are you going to USA?
I am going to attain a masters in natural resources management in Moscow Idaho, which is a 30credit unit program for the duration of 2years.
Why uni of Idaho ?
I decided on uni of Idaho after considering a few options
The University of Idaho offers broad courses in natural resources and one of the leading research university in USA.uni of Idaho is located in Moscow idaho, also referred to as a gem state, meaning it has abundance of natural resources similar to most Nigerians terrains.
This is important because this program involves numerous research and field practices
I also got interested in prof Bleep research topics which is similar to my undergraduate dissertation and intend to join her research team.
How do you want to pay for the cost?
My father is my sponsor and he works at xxxx
What will this degree do for you?
It will enable be part of the solution for exploitation of Nigerians natural resources to its best form while conserving the environment.seeing that Nigeria has abundant resources that is not been properly managed
What will you do after this degree?
I will return to Nigeria to enforce the knowledge I attained as the natural resources sector is a continuous market in need of more professionals.i also hope to secure a permanent position in the geotechnical company I currently intern in to have the needed experience before starting my career as a consultant..
I have no scholarship,any advice will be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
de95:
Please can someone help review my proposed interview.thanks and God bless.
Why are you going to USA?
I am going to attain a masters in natural resources management in Moscow Idaho, which is a 30credit unit program for the duration of 2years.
Why uni of Idaho ?
I decided on uni of Idaho after considering a few options
The University of Idaho offers broad courses in natural resources and one of the leading research university in USA.uni of Idaho is located in Moscow idaho, also referred to as a gem state, meaning it has abundance of natural resources similar to most Nigerians terrains.
This is important because this program involves numerous research and field practices
I also got interested in prof Bleep research topics which is similar to my undergraduate dissertation and intend to join her research team.
How do you want to pay for the cost?
My father is my sponsor and he works at xxxx
What will this degree do for you?
It will enable be part of the solution for exploitation of Nigerians natural resources to its best form while conserving the environment.seeing that Nigeria has abundant resources that is not been properly managed
What will you do after this degree?
I will return to Nigeria to enforce the knowledge I attained as the natural resources sector is a continuous market in need of more professionals.i also hope to secure a permanent position in the geotechnical company I currently intern in to have the needed experience before starting my career as a consultant..
I have no scholarship,any advice will be appreciated.
If the professor accepted you to join her research team, you should mention it.

When answering the question about your choice of school, try to personalize it. Talk about what studying in the "gem state" will do for you... the opportunities and all that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
superstel:

If the HRM is not stated on your i20, it is safer to say "I'm going for an MBA"

It is better not to mention the entrepreneurship thing. You can say "I have plans to leverage on the knowledge and leadership expertise acquired through this degree to take up more leadership roles in the [insert your current industry] industry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by de95: 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Spotlighte:

If the professor accepted you to join her research team, you should mention it.

When answering the question about your choice of school, try to personalize it. Talk about what studying in the "gem state" will do for you... the opportunities and all that.
[quote author=Spotlighte post=77565744]
Thanks a lot , I will get the offer after my first year apparently, you think I should still include it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wolexino(m): 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
ToluwalekeA:

Ohio University

I sent you a pm..pls, kindly reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Neeta02(f): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
My sis schools at UT
tactmayor:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mr2810: 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello House,

Please I need advice.

I applied to two universities for an MBA, I just received a conditional offer into one of them with 30% scholarship while the other university (preferred) has been stalling on my application.

I plan to talk to a representative of the preferred university tomorrow and I plan to use this conditional offer as a negotiation tool for them to come to a quick decision on my application.

My question is will this approach help? if so what point should I be saying to the rep to convince him or her?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adtek(m): 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
Guru's in the house, please I need an answer urgently.
I applied for a tourist visa in 2016, but I want to apply for a student visa now, will my information still be on their data base? Because I want to change some information about me.

Please urgent response needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by john9912: 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Adtek:
Guru's in the house, please I need an answer urgently.
I applied for a tourist visa in 2016, but I want to apply for a student visa now, will my information still be on their data base? Because I want to change some information about me.

Please urgent response needed.
bro that's why is called a database your info will always be there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
Neeta02:
My sis schools at UT

Can I PM u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Mr2810:
Hello House,

Please I need advice.

I applied to two universities for an MBA, I just received a conditional offer into one of them with 30% scholarship while the other university (preferred) has been stalling on my application.

I plan to talk to a representative of the preferred university tomorrow and I plan to use this conditional offer as a negotiation tool for them to come to a quick decision on my application.

My question is will this approach help? if so what point should I be saying to the rep to convince him or her?

From my understanding of MBA admissions, a lot of them are structured in a way that you know their admission decision dates. Did your school disclose their admissions decision dates during the application process?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by john9912: 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2019
please any university of new haven applicant here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chemical2(m): 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Legit215:
Answers please

CUNY is totally legit for visa purposes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2019
pronto543:

All she is saying is that the passport must be valid for at least six months from the date the Visa is issued.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Legit215(m): 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
Chemical2:

CUNY is totally legit for visa purposes.

Thanks very much how long does it take to get an I20 form after sending them all necessary information like bank statements e.t.c
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Neeta02(f): 8:21pm On Apr 15, 2019
I just replied you
tactmayor:

Can I PM u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mr2810: 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2019
bracelum:

From my understanding of MBA admissions, a lot of them are structured in a way that you know their admission decision dates. Did your school disclose their admissions decision dates during the application process?

Thank you for your response.

They didn’t ask so I didn’t disclose to my preferred school , but I intended disclose to them ( the representative) when we speak tomorrow?

I am putting thoughts together on how best to handle the conversation tomorrow so any thoughts is welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
Mr2810:

Thank you for your response.

They didn’t ask so I didn’t disclose to my preferred school , but I intended disclose to them ( the representative) when we speak tomorrow?

I am putting thoughts together on how best to handle the conversation tomorrow so any thoughts is welcome.

It seems you didn't understand my initial question. I'll make clarifications

1. Normally, biz schools tell applicants the dates they should expect admissions decisions. For instance, if you are applying for Round 1 Admission in September, the school tells you to expect admission decision on December 17 (for instance). Was this the case with you? What round did you apply?

2. If you applied in different rounds and you knew that the decision dates will be far apart, then your case might not be strong in the eyes of the school rep.

3. If you applied in the same round, then you have a strong case.

4. If your school did not disclose admission decision dates, then indicate so I can give my 2 cents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.