Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796659 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Okeyogwo: 5:56am On May 15, 2019
Please drop your contact let me reach you immediately.
yuscodguy:

You need to make the payment fast. I can help you with it if you don't mind. Register on fmjfee.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lalavita: 6:16am On May 15, 2019
Get someone in the US to pay your SEVIS fee. On this forum, there are some members who offer this as a service. For example @texrem / message them to help.

You have nothing to worry about as per your husband. Since he isn’t moving and already has a B1/B2. No action needed. This even helps with your home ties. F2 is for partners who are moving over.

Focus on preparing very well for your interview, drop your transcript here etc....
Having previous visitors visas is only marginally beneficial. You have to be very prepared for the interview and fill your form diligently.

ubigurl:
good afternoon everyone,im here again oo please i just received my i-20 form from ups(finally after the long wait) and trying to pay for my sevis fee and on their page is stated that they can only accept money order,check or western union? is that the only way i can pay? and one more question please,my husband works here and intends to only visit while im schooling and has a running b1/b2 visa to expire january 2020 do you think i should apply an f2 visa for him while applying for my f1? or should he just keep renewing his b1/b2 visa whenever it expires? please help a sister
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 7:32am On May 15, 2019
Okeyogwo:
Good morning friends

Please i am yet to make my SEVIS fee today being Wednesday 15th May and my Visa interview is scheduled to hold on Monday
Thank you.

Hello.
Call if still in need for SEVIS FEE PAYMENTS.
OR reach out to walspring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:19am On May 15, 2019
Accept it! cheesy
bidemi1190:
We are also pleased to offer you a financial package for three years in the form of six semesters of full support (20 hours per week) either as a Teaching Associate (TA), Graduate Assistant (GA), or a combination of TA and GA. The total award is worth up to $67,000, depending upon actual workload. Support beyond the first three years will be available based on department need and applicant qualifications.
This offer is contingent upon the University receiving necessary funding and meeting enrollment expectations, approval of the Dean of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and upon you meeting the eligibility requirements for University employment. This offer is also subject to federal and state taxes. You must be in good standing and be making reasonable progress towards your MS degree at all times. just got this offer from California state university long beach. please house i need your contributions, i have till may 20 to accept.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2019
Some people sha!
I know someone that has 5 admits with full funding and has gotten Visa approved but is still yet to decline the remaining 4 funding offer.
Thus, leaving the destinies of 4 people hanging grin

Pls make your funding decisions on time so that the funds can be given to others that are placed on wait.

Don't be stingy sad

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:50am On May 15, 2019
Brown2Green:
Some people sha!
I know someone that has 5 admits with full funding and has gotten Visa approved but is still yet to decline the remaining 4 funding offer.

Pls make your funding decisions on time so that the funds can be given to others that are placed on wait.

Don't be stingy sad

Attribute of Nigerians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MrCuteking(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2019
I've been thinking of the best way to convince the consular on why I chose a 2nd degree in Mech Eng. instead of going for my masters in any other field. I studied Petroleum Engineering. Who can help me out here please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MrCuteking(m): 9:11am On May 15, 2019
Brown2Green:
Some people sha!

Don't be stingy sad

And how do you guys get this info cause I have checked online, no clue on how to get full or partial fundings.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:15am On May 15, 2019
MrCuteking:
I've been thinking of the best way to convince the consular on why I chose a 2nd degree in Mech Eng. instead of going for my masters in any other field. I studied Petroleum Engineering. Who can help me out here please?

You should have a reason for choosing a course. Tell the V.O that reason

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 9:17am On May 15, 2019
MrCuteking:

And how do you guys get this info cause I have checked online, no clue on how to get full or partial fundings.

It is usually referred to as "Financial Support". Have you done the GRE and TOEFL? What's your level of education and what's your standing (GPA)... If you tell us that, someone would give you one or two heads up on where you can get funding.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Davidkking(m): 9:17am On May 15, 2019
guys abeg who knows if missouri state university accept neco results in place of waec?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:19am On May 15, 2019
Davidkking:
guys abeg who knows if missouri state university accept neco results in place of waec?

Mail your departmental coordinator and get first hand info from him/her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2019
MrCuteking:

Communication .. Information

I was in touch with the grad cord of a the schools I applied to. Even if few did not respond, most of them did. They advised me on the best time to submit my application for funding and also had great rapport.

If you want funding for fall 20 , start asking questions and carrying out your research now!

BTW , I heard the US government reduced her funds allocated to schools this year. Schools struggled to fund students this year compared to last year and the previous.
So fall 20 need be on their toes on choice of schools and choice of courses. Making very apt informed decisions will be key for funds.

You are Looking for funds and you apply for Masters degree in cybersecurity? No school funds that.
So information is key!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2019
Well said grin grin grin grin
Brown2Green:
Some people sha!

Don't be stingy sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Davidkking(m): 9:21am On May 15, 2019
Time2win:

Mail your departmental coordinator and get first hand info from him/her.
oh ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:21am On May 15, 2019
First, how old are you?
MrCuteking:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emeraldtommy: 9:29am On May 15, 2019
Good morning good people. I'm a silent reader here. Thanks to everyone whose transcripts and timely information have helped. It was my first time ever at the embassy today and was issued my visa at the Lagos Consulate. I'll post my transcript soon.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bidemi1190: 9:37am On May 15, 2019
thanks, i will accept the offer. next will be to order for i 20? don,t know if the offer cover fees or any other deficit?
fairheart:
Accept it! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bidemi1190: 9:38am On May 15, 2019
thanks, i will accept the offer. next will be to order for i 20? don,t know if the offer cover fees or any other deficit?
bracelum:

Your analysis is correct but the guy also needs to put his career into consideration.

If I'm in the tech, business or healthcare field, I will take a $67K offer (for three years) in California over an $80K offer (over three years) in an unattractive location. Being a local candidate is a major plus for you while interviewing for jobs as the companies do not need to spend time and resources in arranging interviews for you. Also, networking becomes easier because you can meet with a Director over dinner in downtown.

These benefits outweigh the costs associated with being broke for three years. There are several cost-saving measures one can adopt to survive anywhere.

In summary, whatever decision you make, always think long-term. If you're still fresh in your careers, you need the best network you can get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2019
First thing first! Do you understand! Accept the offer and I am sure this will push the school to the next level and process your i-20. You will then know what is at stake. You should be very happy for what you have in your hand. Not many students have that!
bidemi1190:

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:41am On May 15, 2019
Congrats!
Emeraldtommy:
Good morning good people. I'm a silent reader here. Thanks to everyone whose transcripts and timely information have helped. It was my first time ever at the embassy today and was issued my visa at the Lagos Consulate. I'll post my transcript soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:41am On May 15, 2019
bidemi1190:
We are also pleased to offer you a financial package for three years in the form of six semesters of full support (20 hours per week) either as a Teaching Associate (TA), Graduate Assistant (GA), or a combination of TA and GA. The total award is worth up to $67,000, depending upon actual workload. Support beyond the first three years will be available based on department need and applicant qualifications.
This offer is contingent upon the University receiving necessary funding and meeting enrollment expectations, approval of the Dean of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and upon you meeting the eligibility requirements for University employment. This offer is also subject to federal and state taxes. You must be in good standing and be making reasonable progress towards your MS degree at all times. just got this offer from California state university long beach. please house i need your contributions, i have till may 20 to accept.

What contribution do you really need.... do you have a better offer ?.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:41am On May 15, 2019
MrCuteking:

I don't understand what you mean by "2nd degree".

Is it a second BS degree? If yes, then it seems you have made a wrong move because if I were in your shoes, I will proceed with an MS in Mech Engineering even with my BS in Pet Engineering. The worst you can do is to take some foundation courses but I don't think you will face such a situation because you already have a foundation in engineering

Is it a second MS degree? If yes, it looks redundant. A PhD would be better. If you don't want the PhD, you can withdraw after securing your MS degree component of the PhD program provided that you can get an OPT with the MS degree.

So, what do you mean by "2nd degree"?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:44am On May 15, 2019
bidemi1190:

Goodluck!

Make sure you utilize the opportunities available to you. Meet people (people that matter) and grow your network
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:45am On May 15, 2019
The term "2nd degree" is often used on this thread by students considering a fresh bachelor in the US. It is why I ask about his age. So, as you said, it will be a mistake. But I am assuming he finished early and the student is in his early 20s. Even then, MS would be ideal at this stage. And yes, he would not need a foundational course. The two programs are closely related. You cannot do Pet. Engineering without some Mech. engineering courses, which he already has.
bracelum:

I don't understand what you mean by "2nd degree".

Is it a second BS degree? If yes, then it seems you have made a wrong move because if I were in your shoes, I will proceed with an MS in Mech Engineering even with my BS in Pet Engineering. The worst you can do is to take some foundation courses but I don't think you will face such a situation because you already have a foundation in engineering

Is it a second MS degree? If yes, it looks redundant. A PhD would be better. If you don't want the PhD, you can withdraw after securing your MS degree component of the PhD program provided that you can get an OPT with the MS degree.

So, what do you mean by "2nd degree"?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dgee1(m): 9:51am On May 15, 2019
Hello bro, though I was not the one that actually asked that question but I could have been the one! In my case, I have not taken the GRE and TOEFL test. I have a final CGPA of 4.01/5. First degree. Would be glad to hear your comments/advise. Thanks.
Johnolukolade:

It is usually referred to as "Financial Support". Have you done the GRE and TOEFL? What's your level of education and what's your standing (GPA)... If you tell us that, someone would give you one or two heads up on where you can get funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bidemi1190: 9:59am On May 15, 2019
will heed to your advice
bracelum:

Goodluck!

Make sure you utilize the opportunities available to you. Meet people (people that matter) and grow your network

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bidemi1190: 10:01am On May 15, 2019
will accept the offer.so i can see what follow, of which i will copy you for guidance. grateful
LagosismyHome:

What contribution do you really need.... do you have a better offer ?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 10:03am On May 15, 2019
Emeraldtommy:

congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 10:25am On May 15, 2019
Emeraldtommy:

Congratulations welcome to America

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2019
Okeyogwo:
Please drop your contact let me reach you immediately.

08029791304 Whatsapp only
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

You are Looking for funds and you apply for Masters degree in cybersecurity? No school funds that.
So information is key!

Please I want to learn.

What is wrong with the degree in Cyber security and why school don't fund the programme

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.