Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,525 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792994 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:49am On May 17, 2019
Amyfid12:

My name is confidence, I sent you a mail via your email address on your profile to help me assess my interview transcript. You replied me saying I should resend it and include my profile, which I have done.

You have a very unique name cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 11:45am On May 17, 2019
Jadsy01:
8 Important Documents Required For Nigerian Passport Interview

Interviews are standard procedures conducted by the Nigerian Immigration officials for those who want to have the passport. Listed below are important documents to take with you when going for your interview for both the Standard passport and Official passport applications.

visit - https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2019/05/17/8-important-documents-required-for-nigerian-passport-interview/

I see you're only trying to promote a (your) new blog. weydone!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:48am On May 17, 2019
Jadsy01:
8 Important Documents Required For Nigerian Passport Interview

Interviews are standard procedures conducted by the Nigerian Immigration officials for those who want to have the passport. Listed below are important documents to take with you when going for your interview for both the Standard passport and Official passport applications.

visit - https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2019/05/17/8-important-documents-required-for-nigerian-passport-interview/

Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmyfranc(m): 12:40pm On May 17, 2019
Hello my people
I have an admission at VIU (VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY) and Mt tuition fee (including living expenses and books) totaling $25000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmyfranc(m): 12:47pm On May 17, 2019
Hello my people
Congrats to those who already have their visa approve, we hope to join you soon by God's grace.
I have an admission to VIU (VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY) and my tuition fee (including living expenses and books) totaling $26670
My aunt who is a registered Nurse in USA will sponsor me. (*I hope VO won't say the fee is too high for aunt to sponsor*)
*They already sent my I-20, however they wrote Nephew as sponsor (instead of Aunt). *
Please what do you think? Do I need to complain that they send another I-20
Please kindly advice on this two issue raised (anybody with good information)
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 12:55pm On May 17, 2019
demmyfranc:
Hello my people
Congrats to those who already have their visa approve, we hope to join you soon by God's grace.
I have an admission to VIU (VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY) and my tuition fee (including living expenses and books) totaling $26670
My aunt who is a registered Nurse in USA will sponsor me. (*I hope VO won't say the fee is too high for aunt to sponsor*)
*They already sent my I-20, however they wrote Nephew as sponsor (instead of Aunt). *
Thank you

How did you get to apply to that school?
Have you booked for Interview already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmyfranc(m): 1:05pm On May 17, 2019
Through my cousin in the state. And I just wanna book the interview.
Please help with the issue raise if you can help
Brown2Green:

How did you get to apply to that school?
Have you booked for Interview already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 1:23pm On May 17, 2019
demmyfranc:
Through my cousin in the state. And I just wanna book the interview.
Please help with the issue raise if you can help

Now I asked because that school is regarded as a red flag school.
So if you still want to proceed prepare your mind to answer how you got to apply and make your mind on going to that school.

If your school put your cousin as the sponsor and your SOA bears your aunt, then by all means request a new I20. No two ways about that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmyfranc(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2019
Red flag school ke? You mean it will be difficult for me to visa through that school? Or what exactly do you mean by red flag... Please explain further cos my head already turnioninown
Brown2Green:

Now I asked because that school is regarded as a red flag school.
So if you still want to proceed prepare your mind to answer how you got to apply and make your mind on going to that school.

If your school put your cousin as the sponsor and your SOA bears your aunt, then by all means request a new I20. No two ways about that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 1:37pm On May 17, 2019
demmyfranc:
Red flag school ke? You mean it will be difficult for me to visa through that school? Or what exactly do you mean by red flag... Please explain further cos my head already turnioninown

Wait!
So when your cousin gave you the name of a school to apply to, you didn't border to carry out personal research on the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2019
demmyfranc:

95% of people that went to USA Embassy in Nigeria with that school were refused. It's a redflag school. If you want to learn more, use the nairaland search box and search the school name, you will get lots of info about the school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmyfranc(m): 1:41pm On May 17, 2019
Waoh this is another information I never get to know. Please what other school can you recommend then for my MBA in finance/ accounting.
I have HND
Thanks
Time2win:

95% of people that went to USA Embassy in Nigeria with that school were refused. It's a redflag school. If you want to learn more, use the nairaland search box and search the school name, you will get lots of info about the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pepperoni001: 1:42pm On May 17, 2019
A FRIEND PAID ON MY BEHALF

Quonchovsymenez:
Did you pay via Paypal or Web money
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:42pm On May 17, 2019
demmyfranc:
Waoh this is another information I never get to know. Please what other school can you recommend then for my MBA in finance/ accounting.
I have HND
Thanks

It's late for fall but i think university of new haven is still admitting, you have to search for more schools online and mail Graduate coordinators to know if they are still accepting applications.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2019
demmyfranc:
I have HND
Thanks

Check Faleigh Dickson University in New Jersey, according to them, they are celebrating their 75th anniversary and the have scholarship money esp for intl students. However, I don't know how great the school is but it's a private institution.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 2:21pm On May 17, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 2:27pm On May 17, 2019
—-
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Munix(m): 2:28pm On May 17, 2019
Hello Boss, I sent you a mail yesterday. Thanks
fairheart:
I did not get any email from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:38pm On May 17, 2019
makaba10:

I am guessing it’s because I am majoring in Software Engineering. At the 3rd interview the VO asked how much a software engineer earns in Nigeria.

How was your response to the question in the pay?
The VO was already in a bad frame and couldn't see the brighter side of things.
Your having 3 denials within such short time frame made the VO to have such impression.

You might want to try again with another VO that will listen to you.

And have sufficient reasons for the change of program and why you need the masters degree back here in Nigeria.

You have a nice funding in the bag to get the white paper if you put yourself in order.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmyfranc(m): 2:43pm On May 17, 2019
Ok I do appreciate I check it out.
So this I just fashy VIU, Just that I will have to start a fresh application and sending transcripts up and down.
Thank buddy for your time
Time2win:

It's late for fall but i think university of new haven is still admitting, you have to search for more schools online and mail Graduate coordinators to know if they are still accepting applications.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:04pm On May 17, 2019
demmyfranc:
Ok I do appreciate I check it out.
So this I just fashy VIU, Just that I will have to start a fresh application and sending transcripts up and down.
Thank buddy for your time

University of new haven doesn't require you to send official transcript during application. You can upload a copy of all your documents and the application is free. Same applies to most schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by orimahspence: 3:28pm On May 17, 2019
demmyfranc:
Hello my people
Thank you

You might not even be asked of a statement of account , so worry less #ifyouknowyouknow, if you don't know , start reading this thread from the beginning ireoo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Obyknow(m): 3:39pm On May 17, 2019
orimahspence:

You might not even be asked of a statement of account , so worry less #ifyouknowyouknow, of you don't know , start reading this thread from the beginning ireoo

cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by samdgreat2011: 4:33pm On May 17, 2019
Woke up intermittently between 1am and 3:45am when I finally rose to dress. Got to the consulate around 6:30 something. After so much checking/biometrics, I finally found myself in front of the young man in window 2. Friendly but thorough (he spent close to 30 mins with a family in front me, and gave a yellow paper)

Below is my transcript. Note that I couldn't use word for word what transpired.

vo: what are you going to do in the US

me: I'm going for a PhD degree program in Physics at Florida State University. I would be specializing on condensed matter physics.

vo: why this school.

me: I chose it because of the research facilities and the researches being conducted there. The National High Magnetic field lab, which is the highest powered lab in the world is located there. Researches on magnetic fields and the likes are carried out there which is what I'll also do.Dr xyz research on fabrication of nanomaterials which are used for solar energy harvesting attracted me too. And considering Nigeria for example, our hydropower has failed us, and people are going solar, so there's a need for more researches there because of the growing demand (he listened to all the story, typing on the system, looking at me, and nodding)

vo: can you name the top schools in physics

me: Harvard, Stanford and ehmmm British Columbia

vo: How many programs did you apply to

me: I applied to 7 other schools

vo: Is FSU your preference

me: ehnnnn, I actually have FSU and USF as my preference.

vo: what do you do

me: I teach Physics in an advanced level college.

vo: do you have a degree in Physics

me: Yes, I have a first class bachelors degree in Physics and also a masters in Physics.

vo: which school

me: University of Ibadan, here in Nigeria.

vo: who will be funding you.

me: I have an assistantship and also the deans doctoral scholarship from the school.

vo: are you traveling alone

me: yes

vo: you're married

me: yes, with a child

vo: so your wife will be coming to join later

me: ehnmm, yea, not yet because we have a little baby. she has nothing doing there for now.

vo: what is mustard seed unilab (he picked that from my ds 160)

me: it's an educational center that prepares students for utme; university admissions.

vo: what's the meaning of mustard seed

me: its a very small seed that grows to become a very large tree, ..

vo: when will you be traveling

me: ending of July because school resumes August 2.

vo: (gives my i-20 and sevis back to me, includes the EducationUSA orientation stuff. Searches for the white paper) Pick your bla bla in 3 working days

me: (receives white paper with a smile, just put in my folder jejely with what he earlier passed across) Thank you sir.

Saw one handicapped guy selling white handkerchief outside; bought with joy and overpaid wella.

We pray for more of this. Thanks to all who contributed something here that helped

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2019
Congrats bro
samdgreat2011:
Woke up intermittently between 1am and 3:45am when I finally rose to dress. Got to the consulate around 6:30 something. After so much checking/biometrics, I finally found myself in front of the young man in window 2. Friendly but thorough (he spent close to 30 mins with a family in front me, and gave a yellow paper)

me: I'm going for a PhD degree program in Physics at Florida State University. I would be specializing on condensed matter physics.

me: I chose it because of the research facilities and the researches being conducted there. The National High Magnetic field lab, which is the highest powered lab in the world is located there. Researches on magnetic fields and the likes are carried out there which is what I'll also do.Dr xyz research on fabrication of nanomaterials which are used for solar energy harvesting attracted me too. And considering Nigeria for example, our hydropower has failed us, and people are going solar, so there's a need for more researches there because of the growing demand (he listened to all the story, typing on the system, looking at me, and nodding)

me: Yes, I have a first class bachelors degree in Physics and also a masters in Physics.

me: I have an assistantship and also the deans doctoral scholarship from the school.

me: ehnmm, yea, not yet because we have a little baby. she has nothing doing there for now.

me: it's an educational center that prepares students for utme; university admissions.

vo: (gives my i-20 and sevis back to me, includes the EducationUSA orientation stuff. Searches for the white paper) Pick your bla bla in 3 working days

me: (receives white paper with a smile, just put in my folder jejely with what he earlier passed across) Thank you sir.

Saw one handicapped guy selling white handkerchief outside; bought with joy and overpaid wella.

We pray for more of this. Thanks to all who contributed something here that helped

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by orimahspence: 4:56pm On May 17, 2019
samdgreat2011:

Congratulations sir Go and prosper

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gbeje: 5:22pm On May 17, 2019
Gurus in the house,
I have just recently received my I-20 and booked my visa appointment though I have not submitted the DS-160. However, I discovered that my sponsor's account is no longer as funded as at when I submitted it for I-20 processing. I intend to use another sponsor but my previous sponsor is boldly written on my I-20. Is it OK to input a different sponsor whose statement I'll be taking fir interview in my DS-160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2019
gbeje:
Gurus in the house,
I have just recently received my I-20 and booked my visa appointment though I have not submitted the DS-160. However, I discovered that my sponsor's account is no longer as funded as at when I submitted it for I-20 processing. I intend to use another sponsor but my previous sponsor is boldly written on my I-20. Is it OK to input a different sponsor whose statement I'll be taking fir interview in my DS-160?
Not advisable
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 17, 2019
Guys please is it possible to get admission and visa which is meant to be for 2020 Jan resumption now ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 6:23pm On May 17, 2019
Yaaay!!!
Whup whup!!!
Congratulations sir grin
You have inspired me to post my approved transcript as well. Wait make I chop belleful first grin grin grin

samdgreat2011:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 17, 2019
grin
sharwama:
Yaaay!!!
Whup whup!!!
Congratulations sir grin
You have inspired me to post my approved transcript as well. Wait make I chop belleful first grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.