Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796732 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:49am On May 19, 2019
Leone26:

Baba you can't compare the school you chose with these other 2 schools at all. Even your reason is weak. Someone asked you here if you were admitted to the other schools, you didn't reply. You really need to be convincing on why you went with Lincoln.

I hope he listens

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Devilcalibour: 12:29pm On May 19, 2019
As anyone applied for ASA college before??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2019
Ogoo91:
The bolded how?

You said you have a degree and MSc. They won't approve you if you are going for an associate degree. Rather apply for a PhD, when you get there you switch to the course you want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2019
Ogoo91:
I am not a science student. can I get admission to a university?
I understand but it will be hard to convince them that you are not running away even after doing masters in your course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tooyib: 1:23pm On May 19, 2019
brainy02:
My I-20 Form is ready for pick but the transit cost to Nigeria is way too much the least via DHL is 120USD to be delivered in 5 working days.

Pls anyone know of an alternative to how to cut this cost Pls.... Maybe have it sent to someone there before finally coasting home

UPS is 92$. That’s the cheapest you can get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by danfad: 1:36pm On May 19, 2019
Good afternoon, pls I just got admitted for a PhD in geology into the University of North Dakota but the department didn't offer me any form of funding but I was told to contact my supervisor who facilitated my admission. I will like to know what are my chances without funding. I have contacted the supervisor but no response yet. I can get a statement of account from a family friend and also raise small cash for visa application, what are my chances.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by obojememe: 1:37pm On May 19, 2019
i used FEdex , paid 65 usd
Tooyib:

UPS is 92$. That’s the cheapest you can get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 1:38pm On May 19, 2019
danfad:
Good afternoon, pls I just got admitted for a PhD in geology into the University of North Dakota but the department didn't offer me any form of funding but I was told to contact my supervisor who facilitated my admission. I will like to know what are my chances without funding. I have contacted the supervisor but no response yet. I can get a statement of account from a family friend and also raise small cash for visa application, what are my chances.

PhD without funding is crazy mehn!

You have to have a very strong statement of account and if possible, a personal account with good cash.

Try to get funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by obojememe: 1:42pm On May 19, 2019
hi, i got a masters in management admission in MISU north Dakota too, no funding also, am thinking of mailing d program director for a graduate assistantship,
danfad:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Phrance(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2019
Good day all,
Am very new here, someone refer me to this page after my visa was denied on Friday.
This is the conversation ;
Vo: pass me ur visa and I-20
Vo: wat program are you going for in usa
Me: MBA accounting in VIU
Vo: why VIU
Me: my cousin introduce the sch to me. And my personal research shows the school have values align with my choice of career.
Vo: are you marry
Me: no but am engage
Vo: so where is your fiance
Me: she is a medical student doing her Houseman ship here in Nigeria
Vo: oh that's very nice. So aunt will sponsor you.
Me: yes, she has been in support of my career.
Vo: ok good (he started typing.... And stop)
Vo: but ur I-20 shows nephew.
Me: it's error from the school, I saw it late after my appointment have been booked.
Vo: so do you have her SOA
Me: I didn't bother to request it since the school already verify the account.
The VO now close the window call another colleague (maybe his supervisor) and they discuss for long. The open the window again and told me my visa cannot be granted for now.
I ask him why, he said it's in the yellow form.

Please house what else can I do at the moment, I need advice

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:57pm On May 19, 2019
Phrance:
Good day all,
Am very new here, someone refer me to this page after my visa was denied on Friday.
This is the conversation ;
Vo: pass me ur visa and I-20
Vo: wat program are you going for in usa
Me: MBA accounting in VIU
Vo: why VIU
Me: my cousin introduce the sch to me. And my personal research shows the school have values align with my choice of career.
Vo: are you marry
Me: no but am engage
Vo: so where is your fiance
Me: she is a medical student doing her Houseman ship here in Nigeria
Vo: oh that's very nice. So aunt will sponsor you.
Me: yes, she has been in support of my career.
Me: it's error from the school, I saw it late after my appointment have been booked.
The VO now close the window call another colleague (maybe his supervisor) and they discuss for long. The open the window again and told me my visa cannot be granted for now.

VIU is red flagged.
I don tire to talk am.

Anyone that wants to hear this should hear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 3:06pm On May 19, 2019
Phrance:
Good day all,

YOU GO EMBASSY WITHOUT SOA?
DID YOU APPLY TO ANY OTHER SCHOOL?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by princesslade10(f): 3:14pm On May 19, 2019
beejhay69:

Please what is the meaning of SOA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 3:26pm On May 19, 2019
princesslade10:

Statement Of Account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 3:27pm On May 19, 2019
princesslade10:

Statement of Account. ma'am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Goma10: 3:30pm On May 19, 2019
Tell them what you have on your I-20.
Kingly respond to my mail

Davidkking:

Gurus in the house abeg answer this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Arebjosh: 3:38pm On May 19, 2019
good day everyone pls am new here ,I would like to know the format for writing a reference letter in respect to the us visa interview ,thanks for y'all time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Arebjosh: 3:41pm On May 19, 2019
good day everyone, pls is there any cheap hotel one can stay that is close to the U.S embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 3:47pm On May 19, 2019
Arebjosh:
good day everyone, pls is there any cheap hotel one can stay that is close to the U.S embassy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ifesinachi22(m): 3:48pm On May 19, 2019
Good afternoon everyone.

I recently sent an email to Minnesota State university Mankato, about my intent to apply. They replied that less than 10% of Nigerian applicants got their Visa after getting admitted.
They said they will not review my application if am not registered with EducationUsa and send proof of registration to them.

Please who has registered for this EducationaUsa?
How do i go about it? I searched the website but didn't get anything meaningful.

Am Considering three Schools.
1. Minnesota State University
2. Uta Valley University
3. Weber State University.

Maybe if time permits, I'll add
4. University of South Dakota.

Is any of this schools a red Flag?
Has anyone been admitted in any of them on this Forum before?

God bless you all.

Expects to hear from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Arebjosh: 3:54pm On May 19, 2019
Arebjosh:
good day everyone pls am new here ,I would like to know the format for writing a reference letter in respect to the us visa interview ,thanks for y'all time
pls need u guys help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2019
danfad:

Disturb that supervisor HUMBLY... Let him/her find something for you. If you don't have funding for PhD, it's a scam bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Phrance(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2019
Well I actually apply to other school university of Texas.
Infact I don't know I didn't go with SOA
The interview session went well until he ask for SOA
what is d way forward now pls
beejhay69:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 4:13pm On May 19, 2019
jossywayne:

USA visa 59,200 naira
Dubai Visa 1.2M grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 4:25pm On May 19, 2019
Phrance:
Well I actually apply to other school university of Texas.
Infact I don't know I didn't go with SOA
The interview session went well until he ask for SOA
what is d way forward now pls

cool.
Bro, you shouldnt be forgetting your Sponsor's SOA now, eventho som VO's might not request u present it, buh then it won't cost u much(max N1000) for bank charges.
I feel the odds were in your favor until you shot yourself in the foot by not coming along wit the SOA. for all we know you might have gotten that visa cuz the VO seemed quite lenient with you.

WAY FORWARD depends on ur answers to the below.
When is the sch resuming?
Were u given admission at the other school?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Phrance(m): 4:31pm On May 19, 2019
School resume by June 26
And I didn't follow up on any other school for admission after I have gotten admitted here.
But now am hearing VIU is red flag school
Getting confuse already.
beejhay69:
cool.
Bro, you shouldnt be forgetting your Sponsor's SOA now, eventho som VO's might not request u present it, buh then it won't cost u much(max N1000) for bank charges.
I feel the odds were in your favor until you shot yourself in the foot by not coming along wit the SOA. for all we know you might have gotten that visa cuz the VO seemed quite lenient with you.

WAY FORWARD depends on ur answers to the below.
When is the sch resuming?
Where u given admission at the other school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2019
This hussler even post this on UK visa thread grin
A lady even replied him....lol

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 4:46pm On May 19, 2019
Ifesinachi22:
Good afternoon everyone.

I recently sent an email to Minnesota State university Mankato, about my intent to apply. They replied that less than 10% of Nigerian applicants got their Visa after getting admitted.
They said they will not review my application if am not registered with EducationUsa and send proof of registration to them.

Please who has registered for this EducationaUsa?
How do i go about it? I searched the website but didn't get anything meaningful.

Am Considering three Schools.
1. Minnesota State University
2. Uta Valley University
3. Weber State University.

Maybe if time permits, I'll add
4. University of South Dakota.

Is any of this schools a red Flag?
Has anyone been admitted in any of them on this Forum before?

God bless you all.

Expects to hear from you.

EduUSA requires annual membership fee and a sum for registration.

We have Education USA Lagos and Abuja. Its all over the web. Search 'Education USA Nigeria'

You choice of schools are great.

Visa Interview will be seamless if you're a member of EDU USA because you must have gotten sufficient knowledge about the whole application process from the program. Hence, the need of membership from Minnesota.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Davidkking(m): 5:07pm On May 19, 2019
Goma10:
Tell them what you have on your I-20.
Kingly respond to my mail

Replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.