Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796139 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:54am On May 20, 2019
Renzel1:
Good morning house please can a person of 21 years of age apply for a community college ?

Get admission for both college and Uni . Get visa with uni and make a switch when you get there

Alternatively go with Cc, prepare well and hope for the best. Either options can work or not work

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JohnnyAmhan: 7:55am On May 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I understand you clearly but you still have no plans so the discussion only goes around in circles . Even monthly how do you intend to pay this ?. Not all school would you find jobs on campus for freshman

Also In a lot of school , all freshmen will be required to live on campus, even students whose family house is close to the school so i am not surprise at this.

For me there nothing i can help with, the school rules is their rule

Notwithstanding ma, the Athletics coach has promised to offer to complete it to full ride by spring semester as I came late for fall, but the admissions office will withdraw the full tuition I have now by that time if I don't enrol in fall, and it was competitive to get it.

Also my uncle said he can fund my month to month lease, but not pay at once.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JohnnyAmhan: 7:56am On May 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I understand you clearly but you still have no plans or stated them so the discussion only goes around in circles . Even monthly how do you intend to pay this ?. Not all school would you find jobs on campus for freshman

Also In a lot of school , all freshmen will be required to live on campus, even students whose family house is close to the school so i am not surprise at this.

For me there nothing i can help with, the school rules is their rule

Notwithstanding ma, the Athletics coach has promised to offer to complete it to full ride by spring semester as I came late for fall, but the admissions office will withdraw the full tuition I have now by that time if I don't enrol in fall, and it was competitive to get it.

Also my uncle said he can fund my month to month lease, but can not pay room and board at once.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:58am On May 20, 2019
JohnnyAmhan:

Also my uncle said he can fund my month to month lease, but not pay at once.

Maybe if your uncle has the funds for monthly, what you need is $5,000 maybe your uncle or family can see if they can get a loan within nigeria and quickly pay it back monthly . ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:00am On May 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Get admission for both college and Uni . Get visa with uni and make a switch when you get there

Alternatively go with Cc, prepare well and hope for the best. Either options can work or not work
God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JohnnyAmhan: 8:01am On May 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Maybe if your uncle has the funds for monthly, what you need is $5,000 maybe your uncle or family can see if they can get a loan within nigeria and quickly pay it back monthly . ...

OK ma, I'll suggest that to them.

Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Amyfid12: 8:13am On May 20, 2019
JohnnyAmhan:

OK ma, I'll suggest that to them.

Thank you very much.

Good morning wonderful people!!!
@LagosismyHome and @Bracelum, please can I get your e-mail address?
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 10:37am On May 20, 2019
sharwama:
TALE OF AN APPROVED VISA
Written by Miss Sharwama grin grin grin
I remember my heart pounding as I had my bath at 4:30 a.m. yesterday. I was so afraid, I couldn’t even sponge properly. I kept asking myself, “Sharwama after all the noise you have been making on NL, what if you get denied?” “What if you stutter and can’t make eye contact with the VO”… As I applied cream on my chocolate skin, I remember hearing a very gentle voice “Sharwama be still and know that I am God, I have gone ahead of you to make the crooked places straight”. This really gave me courage.
My uncle drove me to the embassy; my interview was at 6:30 a.m. and I got there right on time. I followed all the processes and protocol kini and then I came face-to-face with the visa officer. I paid no attention to the window number. I said a mental prayer “Father, the hour has come, glorify your daughter” and the Lord spoke to me “Sharwama, I have glorified you before and I will do it again”.

VO: Good morning and how are you?
Sharwama: Good morning. I am not sure how I feel; I have butterflies in my stomach.
VO: (Smiles) I understand how you feel, this won’t take much time. Pass me your I-20, passport and SEVIS receipt (I did)
VO: Why do you need this visa?
Sharwama: I want to pursue a masters in Biology Program at East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee. I can’t do that if my visa isn’t approved.
VO: I see here that your sponsor is your mother but you also have a graduate assistantship, I am impressed!
Sharwama: I am glad you are.
VO: I will be approving your visa (hands me the white paper with circled location. Gave me back my I-20 and SEVIS receipt. Said the whole tyonteugdfvcvnm,jklpewszxcvbnmi but I didn’t hear anything. When she was done talking, I was still staring at her. The next person was already behind me)
VO: You can leave now
Sharwama: Is that all? You didn’t ask why I chose ETSU, the schools I applied to, what I have been doing since, you didn’t ask my study plan or even what this degree would do for me or my plans after completion?
(She was about interrupting but I burst into tears)
Sharwarma: Do you know how much the bank charged my sponsor in order to print statements of her multiple accounts? Or the stress it took to colour-print my GRE and TOEFL scores? I nearly had an accident you know. So what would I do with these papers now? Maybe you don’t know this, but I spent the last three months of my life, waking up in the middle of the night to rehearse for this interview and all you did was ask THREE questions? Would you please interview me again?
Her mouth was wide open, her eyes were all out of the socket, and she was in utter shock! Next, a security officer approached me. I knew he would show me out. As he led me, I tightly held on to the white paper and my documents. For some reason, I turned to the VO and saw her smiling at me. I wiped my tears and smiled back. Right there in that moment, I knew she would go to bed with memories of a crazy girl who had her F1 visa approved effortlessly and just couldn’t believe it.
Yes, I remember tasting something in my mouth, kinda tasted like Ribena and I kept licking my mouth till I opened my eyes and saw Martins, my little nephew with Ribena in his hands. It was 7:30 a.m.; I jumped out of bed, knowing I would be late for work. I hurriedly had my bath, brushed my teeth, there was no time for the normal early morning pooing. I ran out of the house, stopped Keke and entered. As he drove me, I couldn’t help but smile. Although, I knew my boss would query me for coming late, I was grateful because my beautiful dream was worth it…
Written by the girl who keeps seeing V.O’s in her sleep.
Inspired by samdgreat2011’s approved visa grin grin grin

This your dream should better worth it because I will like to visit and meet Nigerians going to ETSU. It is not that far from APSU �
what a dream

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 10:43am On May 20, 2019
Brown2Green:
But @sharwama I have done my part in congratulating you. So when you get your approval I'll just mention you and smile.
The next Congrats I'll say to you is when you marry .

Haba when she graduate nko, or when she get her summer internship offer with facebook, Microsoft or Apple etc.

More congrats loading

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 10:44am On May 20, 2019
Mykaelolalekan:
Good day NL, I need to speak to someone currently studying in the USA. I have booked my visa appointment already but my mind is really troubled as I have to leave my wife and my 2 kids behind.
I just need a personal conversation to enable me move forward with my plans.

Send me a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 11:08am On May 20, 2019
sharwama:
TALE OF AN APPROVED VISA
Written by Miss Sharwama grin grin grin
I remember my heart pounding as I had my bath at 4:30 a.m. yesterday. I was so afraid, I couldn’t even sponge properly. I kept asking myself, “Sharwama after all the noise you have been making on NL, what if you get denied?” “What if you stutter and can’t make eye contact with the VO”… As I applied cream on my chocolate skin, I remember hearing a very gentle voice “Sharwama be still and know that I am God, I have gone ahead of you to make the crooked places straight”. This really gave me courage.
My uncle drove me to the embassy; my interview was at 6:30 a.m. and I got there right on time. I followed all the processes and protocol kini and then I came face-to-face with the visa officer. I paid no attention to the window number. I said a mental prayer “Father, the hour has come, glorify your daughter” and the Lord spoke to me “Sharwama, I have glorified you before and I will do it again”.

VO: Good morning and how are you?
Sharwama: Good morning. I am not sure how I feel; I have butterflies in my stomach.
VO: (Smiles) I understand how you feel, this won’t take much time. Pass me your I-20, passport and SEVIS receipt (I did)
VO: Why do you need this visa?
Sharwama: I want to pursue a masters in Biology Program at East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee. I can’t do that if my visa isn’t approved.
VO: I see here that your sponsor is your mother but you also have a graduate assistantship, I am impressed!
Sharwama: I am glad you are.
VO: I will be approving your visa (hands me the white paper with circled location. Gave me back my I-20 and SEVIS receipt. Said the whole tyonteugdfvcvnm,jklpewszxcvbnmi but I didn’t hear anything. When she was done talking, I was still staring at her. The next person was already behind me)
VO: You can leave now
Sharwama: Is that all? You didn’t ask why I chose ETSU, the schools I applied to, what I have been doing since, you didn’t ask my study plan or even what this degree would do for me or my plans after completion?
(She was about interrupting but I burst into tears)
Sharwarma: Do you know how much the bank charged my sponsor in order to print statements of her multiple accounts? Or the stress it took to colour-print my GRE and TOEFL scores? I nearly had an accident you know. So what would I do with these papers now? Maybe you don’t know this, but I spent the last three months of my life, waking up in the middle of the night to rehearse for this interview and all you did was ask THREE questions? Would you please interview me again?
Her mouth was wide open, her eyes were all out of the socket, and she was in utter shock! Next, a security officer approached me. I knew he would show me out. As he led me, I tightly held on to the white paper and my documents. For some reason, I turned to the VO and saw her smiling at me. I wiped my tears and smiled back. Right there in that moment, I knew she would go to bed with memories of a crazy girl who had her F1 visa approved effortlessly and just couldn’t believe it.
Yes, I remember tasting something in my mouth, kinda tasted like Ribena and I kept licking my mouth till I opened my eyes and saw Martins, my little nephew with Ribena in his hands. It was 7:30 a.m.; I jumped out of bed, knowing I would be late for work. I hurriedly had my bath, brushed my teeth, there was no time for the normal early morning pooing. I ran out of the house, stopped Keke and entered. As he drove me, I couldn’t help but smile. Although, I knew my boss would query me for coming late, I was grateful because my beautiful dream was worth it…
Written by the girl who keeps seeing V.O’s in her sleep.
Inspired by samdgreat2011’s approved visa grin grin grin
OMG OMG OMG
I was literary chanting OMG while reading this

My roommates must have been wondering what was happening

This is pretty pretty amazing, like really awesome

I know it's coming really late, but a very big CONGRATULATIONS to you

You deserved the visa, and yes, the VO would remember every single day of her life

Enjoy your time in Tennessee!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 11:30am On May 20, 2019
yuscodguy:

This your dream should better worth it because I will like to visit and meet Nigerians going to ETSU. It is not that far from APSU �
what a dream
It won't be long now, it will come to pass my friend grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ifyalways(f): 11:34am On May 20, 2019
My boy just got his visa today. YAY

Im so happy for the boy. He was denied at first trial in Jan(Mom given though), we quickly registered for SAT,deffered his admission and booked another interview appointment for July.For some reasons, the embassy mailed us that they have rescheduled his interview and boom, he was approved some hours ago.

His parents who were indifferent initially about this US stuff are now overjoyed. Thanks to all the people who helped with my questions

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 11:40am On May 20, 2019
ifyalways:

Im so happy for the boy. He was denied at first trial in Jan(Mom given though), we quickly registered for SAT,deffered his admission and booked another interview appointment for July.For some reasons, the embassy mailed us that they have rescheduled his interview and boom, he was approved some hours ago.

His parents who were indifferent initially about this US stuff are now overjoyed. Thanks to all the people who helped with my questions
Yaaaaay!!!!
Congratulations to your boy! May the wind be at his back always!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ifyalways(f): 11:42am On May 20, 2019
sharwama:

Yaaaaay!!!!
Congratulations to your boy! May the wind be at his back always!
Gracias mon Cheri. Toi aussi cheesy

Im simply happy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Soothing: 11:47am On May 20, 2019
1. Have you been denined Visa within the past two months
2. Regular

Please which option should I choose if denined within the past six months?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 11:50am On May 20, 2019
Olalekank:

OMG OMG OMG
I was literary chanting OMG while reading this

My roommates must have been wondering what was happening

This is pretty pretty amazing, like really awesome

I know it's coming really late, but a very big CONGRATULATIONS to you

You deserved the visa, and yes, the VO would remember every single day of her life

Enjoy your time in Tennessee!
Awww, I am glad you felt this way. However, it's a story I wrote. You didn't see where I woke up from the dream grin
The real life version is still loading.
Thank you so much grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 11:57am On May 20, 2019
ifyalways:

I'm really glad about this.

A whole big congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 11:58am On May 20, 2019
sharwama:

Awww, I am glad you felt this way. However, it's a story I wrote. You didn't see where I woke up from the dream grin
The real life version is still loading.
Thank you so much grin grin
It was an interesting read
You didn't see the part where I was dreaming too? grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 12:03pm On May 20, 2019
yuscodguy:

Haba when she graduate nko, or when she get her summer internship offer with facebook, Microsoft or Apple etc.

More congrats loading
Baba, I like this your dream for me, I swear down but as e be say these companies no con align with my career goal, na to marry tech guy be the other option ooo grin
Texrem kukuma dey post about tech guys and six figures, I sha shan't kee myself abeg grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 12:06pm On May 20, 2019
sharwama:

Baba, I like this your dream for me, I swear down but as e be say these companies no con align with my career goal, na to marry tech guy be the other option ooo grin
Texrem kukuma dey post about tech guys and six figures, I sha shan't kee myself abeg grin grin grin
Is it too late to shoot my shot grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 12:10pm On May 20, 2019
Soothing:
1. Have you been denined Visa within the past two months
2. Regular

Please which option should I choose if denined within the past six months?

I belive if you don't belong to 1,then you belong to 2. Were you denied in the middle of March, if your answer is no, then you're a regular applicant, at least according to the above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Onedaka: 12:30pm On May 20, 2019
Onedaka:
Good day everyone. Please am new. Am yet to finish filling my DS-160 form and what to book visa appointment pending when I finish my DS-160 form.
My question is the number I get when I register for the DS-160 form is it the same as the confirmation page number I will get after submission? I need the number for scheduling interview... Please help a brother with advice. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MasterforceII: 12:34pm On May 20, 2019
Visa approved this morning at the Lagos consulate.
Got to the embassy around 5:30am for a 6:30am appointment. Joined the queue, did my biometrics and proceeded Window 2 for my interview. My interview was very short. This is my transcript as I remember:

V.O: Good morning.
Me: Good morning. How was your weekend.
V.O: Very well. Can you pass your documents please?
*passes documents and she examines them for about 10 seconds
V.O: So How did you get to know about this school?
Me: When I decided to apply to graduate school, I made research online about schools that offered research on grid integration of renewable energy resources and I came about Auburn University, amongst others.
V.O: How many other schools did you apply to?
Me: 8
V.0: Have you heard from all?
Me: No. I haven't heard from 3 schools.
V.O: How many schools have you been admitted to?
Me: 3 schools.
V.O: Can you name the schools you haven't heard from?
Me: I haven't heard from Iowa State, Virginia Tech and RPI.
V.O: Okay. Are you married?
Me: No.
V.O: Are you single?
Me: Yes I am.
V.O: Do you have any kids?
Me: No I dont.
V.O: Do you have any relative in the US?
Me: Yes, an aunt.
V.O: Where in the US is she?
Me: She's in Louisiana.
V.O: Congratulations, your visa will be ready in 3 days. You can pick it up at this location. You'll get a text from us when it is ready. Have a nice day.

Lol. To think I prepared all weekend to talk about my research and that wasn't even asked at all. Wasn't asked for GRE or Toefl scores or my funding. Felt rather anticlimatic as I was ready to answer questions about my research. lol. But regardless, I give thanks to God.

Grateful for this thread as it was very helpful in my preparation. Goodluck to everyone and see you in Trumpland or whoever owns the land in 2020.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 12:35pm On May 20, 2019
MasterforceII:
Got to the embassy around 5:30am for a 6:30am appointment. Joined the queue, did my biometrics and proceeded Window 2 for my interview. This is my transcript as I remember:

Me: When I decided to apply to graduate school, I made research online about schools that offered research on grid integration of renewable energy resources and I came about Auburn University, amongst others.
V.O: How many schools have you heard from?
V.O: Congratulations, your visa will be ready in 3 days. You can pick it up at this location. You'll get a text from us when it is ready. Have a nice day.

Lol. To think I prepared all weekend to talk about my research and that wasn't even asked at all. Wasn't asked for GRE or Toefl scores. Felt rather anticlimatic as I was ready to answer questions about my research. But regardless, I give thanks to God.

Grateful for this thread as it was very helpful in my preparation. Goodluck to everyone and see you in Trumpland or whoever owns the land in 2020.

OMG, this looked so short

Congrats boss! You deserve it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by chymerokay(m): 12:41pm On May 20, 2019
Anybody going for Flight Dispatcher course in the US? Kindly get in touch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Soothing: 12:41pm On May 20, 2019
I belive if you don't belong to 1,then you belong to 2. Were you denied in the middle of March, if your answer is no, then you're a regular applicant, at least according to the above[/quote]

I was denined last year December, Soo you mean I will fall under the "regular applicant" category?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 20, 2019
Hello guys...

Please I'd be glad if I could connect with someone going to UCF or already there; will like to have some discussion with the person... Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 20, 2019
Hearty congratulations!!!

MasterforceII:
Got to the embassy around 5:30am for a 6:30am appointment. Joined the queue, did my biometrics and proceeded Window 2 for my interview. This is my transcript as I remember:

V.O: How many schools have you heard from?

Lol. To think I prepared all weekend to talk about my research and that wasn't even asked at all. Wasn't asked for GRE or Toefl scores or my funding. Felt rather anticlimatic as I was ready to answer questions about my research. lol. But regardless, I give thanks to God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sijubiblisea: 12:50pm On May 20, 2019
Hello guys,

Please what do you fill in 'the person/entity paying for your trip' in the DS-160 if you have a fully funded graduate assistantship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kay100: 12:56pm On May 20, 2019
MasterforceII:

V.O: How many schools have you been admitted to?

Wow!!..I tap into your blessing..I'm so happy for you, congratulations!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.