Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796128 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 12:58pm On May 20, 2019
Soothing:

I belive if you don't belong to 1,then you belong to 2. Were you denied in the middle of March, if your answer is no, then you're a regular applicant, at least according to the above

I was denined last year December, Soo you mean I will fall under the "regular applicant" category?

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 1:03pm On May 20, 2019
MasterforceII:
Visa approved this morning at the Lagos consulate.
Got to the embassy around 5:30am for a 6:30am appointment. Joined the queue, did my biometrics and proceeded Window 2 for my interview. My interview was very short. This is my transcript as I remember:

V.O: Good morning.
Me: Good morning. How was your weekend.
V.O: Very well. Can you pass your documents please?
*passes documents and she examines them for about 10 seconds
V.O: So How did you get to know about this school?
Me: When I decided to apply to graduate school, I made research online about schools that offered research on grid integration of renewable energy resources and I came about Auburn University, amongst others.
V.O: How many other schools did you apply to?
Me: 8
V.0: Have you heard from all?
Me: No. I haven't heard from 3 schools.
V.O: How many schools have you been admitted to?
Me: 3 schools.
V.O: Can you name the schools you haven't heard from?
Me: I haven't heard from Iowa State, Virginia Tech and RPI.
V.O: Okay. Are you married?
Me: No.
V.O: Are you single?
Me: Yes I am.
V.O: Do you have any kids?
Me: No I dont.
V.O: Do you have any relative in the US?
Me: Yes, an aunt.
V.O: Where in the US is she?
Me: She's in Louisiana.
V.O: Congratulations, your visa will be ready in 3 days. You can pick it up at this location. You'll get a text from us when it is ready. Have a nice day.

Lol. To think I prepared all weekend to talk about my research and that wasn't even asked at all. Wasn't asked for GRE or Toefl scores or my funding. Felt rather anticlimatic as I was ready to answer questions about my research. lol. But regardless, I give thanks to God.

Grateful for this thread as it was very helpful in my preparation. Goodluck to everyone and see you in Trumpland or whoever owns the land in 2020.

Congrats man.
You got full funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 20, 2019
Hi guys,
anyone experienced username/password issues while booking interview dates despite resetting the passwords?
What's the headway out..

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 1:09pm On May 20, 2019
Congratulations bro
MasterforceII:
Got to the embassy around 5:30am for a 6:30am appointment. Joined the queue, did my biometrics and proceeded Window 2 for my interview. My interview was very short. This is my transcript as I remember:

Me: When I decided to apply to graduate school, I made research online about schools that offered research on grid integration of renewable energy resources and I came about Auburn University, amongst others.
V.O: Congratulations, your visa will be ready in 3 days. You can pick it up at this location. You'll get a text from us when it is ready. Have a nice day.

Lol. To think I prepared all weekend to talk about my research and that wasn't even asked at all. Wasn't asked for GRE or Toefl scores or my funding. Felt rather anticlimatic as I was ready to answer questions about my research. lol. But regardless, I give thanks to God.

Grateful for this thread as it was very helpful in my preparation. Goodluck to everyone and see you in Trumpland or whoever owns the land in 2020.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 1:12pm On May 20, 2019
nelem:

Hi guys,
anyone experienced username/password issues while booking interview dates despite resetting the passwords?
What's the headway out..

thanks

I did over the weekend, call the customer care
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:42pm On May 20, 2019
Sijubiblisea:
Hello guys,

Please what do you fill in 'the person/entity paying for your trip' in the DS-160 if you have a fully funded graduate assistantship?

I would write the university name if possible , so its very obvious i have funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 1:52pm On May 20, 2019
MasterforceII:

Wow!
I am really speechless right now, like I am so so happy for you. Congratulations and cheers to more beautiful success stories.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by samdgreat2011: 1:54pm On May 20, 2019
MasterforceII:

Congratulations bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sijubiblisea: 2:01pm On May 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I would write the university name if possible , so its very obvious i have funding

Thank you for your response.
Please, what about the 'relationship to you' aspect?
She already filled 'graduate assistantship provider'.
Does that make sense?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:03pm On May 20, 2019
Sijubiblisea:

Thank you for your response.
Please, what about the 'relationship to you' aspect?
She already filled 'graduate assistantship provider'.
Does that make sense?

Yes it crystal clear from a reader prespective
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lionlee216(m): 2:07pm On May 20, 2019
Kindly someone put me through how to do a return envelope thing from UPS for passport application purpose in Atlanta GA. I learnt I must submit a return envelope with my application
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KingStefan(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,

In the DS160, under TRAVEL INFORMATION.
If my uncle is paying/sponsoring my trip through his company account, what will I write at these areas? His name or company name?
(Person/Entity paying for your trip:
Person paying for your trip:
Telephone number:
Email address:
Relationship to you:
Is the address of the party paying for your trip the same as your home or mailing address :
Payer's address smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Drekales: 2:22pm On May 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Hi dear, please I am also filling my DS 160. I have full tuition waiver. Should I put it that the school is taking care of my trip? Though I have SOA to take care of the deficits.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sijubiblisea: 2:23pm On May 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Thank you. One last question please.
For someone who is currently serving(nysc), can she pick the 'does not apply' option in the 'monthly salary in local currency' aspect under work/education/training information?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 20, 2019
solihp:
I did over the weekend, call the customer care

Thanks alot.
I will search for the number and put a call through.
can you please share the number... thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chidon360: 2:40pm On May 20, 2019
[quote author=MasterforceII post=78554411]Visa approved this morning at the Lagos consulate.

Wow!!! Congrats. I tap into ur success & favour

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 20, 2019
amb001:

Clemson University Industrial Engineering...MS

One of the statements won't reach the amount i presented for the i20. Is an account from a US resident/citizen not a minus for me?

Yeah, Clemson is a good school and IE is a good degree with different career paths

I will advice you go with one account. Find a way to merge all the funds into one account. I have seen people getting approvals from US-based accounts but be prepared to show home ties
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 20, 2019
Amyfid12:

Good morning wonderful people!!!
@Bracelum, please can I get your e-mail address?
Thank you.

Please share your question here. If it requires one-on-one conversation, we can communicate via email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MasterforceII: 2:45pm On May 20, 2019
Olalekank:

OMG, this looked so short

Congrats boss! You deserve it!

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MasterforceII: 2:46pm On May 20, 2019
Brown2Green:

Congrats man.
You got full funding?

Thanks. Yeah I did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MasterforceII: 2:46pm On May 20, 2019
sharwama:

Wow!
I am really speechless right now, like I am so so happy for you. Congratulations and cheers to more beautiful success stories.

Haha. Thanks miss. Wish you the same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2019
bracelum:

Please share your question here. If it requires one-on-one conversation, we can communicate via email
Well said! All these "backyard" chats will make this thread less and less resourceful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bossoflife25: 3:05pm On May 20, 2019
bracelum:

Yeah, Clemson is a good school and IE is a good degree with different career paths

I will advice you go with one account. Find a way to merge all the funds into one account. I have seen people getting approvals from US-based accounts but be prepared to show home ties
Are you saying I can't have two sponsors.
That's if someone is given GA and you have two uncles willing to foot the bills.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hybeenoni: 3:06pm On May 20, 2019
@ Lagosismyhome and other experienced guys here, plz would appreciate your kind advice

Currently filling my DS-160 form and on the section of who will fund this travel, since I have a full graduate assistantship without any deficit,

1. Is it proper if I put the details of my department, since they are the provider of my funding.

2. Is it a must to go to the interview with SOA, even though I dont have any deficit in my I-20, because some people have advised that I go with SOA just in case the VO asked and that I should fill the details of the SOA provider on the space on who is funding this travel.

Plz really need your inputs, because I'm confused now and this issue has made me pause from filling the form for over a week now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:12pm On May 20, 2019
Sijubiblisea:

Thank you. One last question please.
For someone who is currently serving(nysc), can she pick the 'does not apply' option in the 'monthly salary in local currency' aspect under work/education/training information?

are you her agent , why is she not asking the question directly and learning the process herself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 3:13pm On May 20, 2019
MasterforceII:

Congratulations Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:22pm On May 20, 2019
hybeenoni:
@ Lagosismyhome and other experienced guys here, plz would appreciate your kind advice

Currently filling my DS-160 form and on the section of who will fund this travel, since I have a full graduate assistantship without any deficit,

1. Is it proper if I put the details of my department, since they are the provider of my funding.

2. Is it a must to go to the interview with SOA, even though I dont have any deficit in my I-20, because some people have advised that I go with SOA just in case the VO asked and that I should fill the details of the SOA provider on the space on who is funding this travel.

Plz really need your inputs, because I'm confused now and this issue has made me pause from filling the form for over a week now

Why should something so little cause you to pause for one week shocked ... Take your time ooo. Behave

1. I would say yes that fine to put your department or university as the person sponsoring your trip

2. if there is no extra on your i20 that shows if you go with or without it is most likely not going to be an issue . Its most likely not going to be asked and if asked you mention you have full funding . For flight ticket and such you can take an SOA incase it asked how you intend to pay for that but even a SOA with regular balance to cover that is okay . It is highly unlikely but you can take if you want to feel more comfortable

Go through previous transcript , and use People who got Visa with funding as a guide to prepare well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sijubiblisea: 3:31pm On May 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

are you her agent , why is she not asking the question directly and learning the process herself

Well, 'she' is asking the question herself and she'd be glad if you can answer

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2019
MasterforceII:

congratulations bro...i tap into your testimony and hope to post my approved visa transcript soon too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 20, 2019
Bossoflife25:

That's if someone is given GA and you have two uncles willing to foot the bills.

I'm not saying you can't.
Loans covering 84% of the cost of attendance + two bank statements does not look like a stable financial ability.

You may get the visa but the chances are not as bright as someone that has a loan + one bank statement.
So, it is better to reduce the risks as best as you can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bossoflife25: 3:42pm On May 20, 2019
bracelum:

I'm not saying you can't.
Loans covering 84% of the cost of attendance + two bank statements does not look like a stable financial ability.

You may get the visa but the chances are not as bright as someone that has a loan + one bank statement.
So, it is better to reduce the risks as best as you can.
GA is not a loan.
It is a current assets.
Also having multiple bank statements shows more funding options.
Which limits the burden on a single individual.
#mythought.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:45pm On May 20, 2019
Bossoflife25:

Getting a GA and Going through Loans are two different things . The original question asked to Bracelum was not relating to GA

What he talked about multiple sponsor through a Loan pathway

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.