Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (799682 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 9:52am On Jun 05, 2019
Johnkay101:

STFU. Get yourself first into a top school before looking for who to help. Anyway, I'm not exchanging more words with you. If I share my profile here, we are not mates and can never match. The road between us is parallel. Have a great day!
@bolded You must have the best profile on the face of the earth that can never be achieved by any other person, because it’s only if you have seen his profile and your profile is better (to the point of it being “parallel lines” grin) that can you make this statement.

Ah Nigerians and “do you know who I am” mentality. Mental Midgets! grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2019
Johnkay101:

STFU. Get yourself first into a top school before looking for who to help. Anyway, I'm not exchanging more words with you. If I share my profile here, we are not mates and can never match. The road between us is parallel. Have a great day!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahhahha! Carry your depression comot from my comments, or better still, help yourself with Sniper grin grin grin. After all, you no better pass people wey dey commit suicide with Sniper.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2019
CuteRedd:
@bolded You must have the best profile on the face of the earth that can never be achieved by any other person, because it’s only if you have seen his profile and your profile is better (to the point of it being “parallel lines” grin) that can you make this statement.

Ah Nigerians and “do you know who I am” mentality. Mental Midgets! grin

Seems you want me to notice you this morning, sorry to disappoint you, not exchanging words with you.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 05, 2019
Johnkay101:

Seems you want me to notice you this morning, sorry to disappoint you, not exchanging words with you.

@CuteRedd: Free the guy. Na chestbeater him be. Make we just die the matter.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pepperoni001: 10:09am On Jun 05, 2019
Thanks so much

Brown2Green:

Ok. Cool

That error is also reflecting in Canada database.

That's my advice for you.
If the VO asks you why there is such a variance you can explain that you were ignorant of the process so you consulted an agent to assist you and that brought about such error.

But now you're well informed about the process .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pepperoni001: 10:12am On Jun 05, 2019
Thanks for the advise, however is there anything wrong with EiU

juliusdudu:

Fill your correct profile and go for your interview. The VO may not even notice this.

However, you must be well prepared t defend why you are attending that school. In my opinion, that is where your real challenge lies. Cheers

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4gunners(m): 10:14am On Jun 05, 2019
juliusdudu:

As long as you have considered the ROI and it is favourable, I will advise that you should consider it. It is a cheaper option to continuing as a student. Not easy to finance the education alone except your parents are very rich.

I sent you a PM. Pls, reply asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 10:14am On Jun 05, 2019
bracelum:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahhahha! Carry your depression comot from my comments, or better still, help yourself with Sniper grin grin grin. After all, you no better pass people wey dey commit suicide with Sniper.
lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by toluene1234: 10:24am On Jun 05, 2019
Good morning guys, my visa was denied day before yesterday June 3 at Lagos 6.45am appointment .

Here is my transcript
Me: Good morning madam
VO (A young white lady): did not even answer. (She had denied a lot of people before my turn)
VO: your passport and I20
ME: I passed it.
VO: why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going to the US to pursue my master degree in information security and Assurance, I paused a while, before I added at Johnson and Wales university Providence Rhode Island
VO: what will this course do for you?
ME: there are efforts made by government and private institutions to combat the cybercrimes that are prevalent in our economy, there are limited security experts to join fight this menace. I felt she wasn't even listening or not feeling what I was saying. She cuts me off.
VO: how did you hear about the school?
ME: in 2017, Bcie organised an edu fair in ikeja, that was where I heard about the schools, and also some of their representatives were on ground for the edu fair
VO: did you apply to other school?
ME: yes I did
Vo: mention them.
Me: I did
Vo: did you write any entrance exams?
Me: yes GRE
Vo: who is paying for this
Me: my uncle, he's more or less like a father
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he has a printing press company In Lagos Ekitu and kwara. She cuts me again, (I wanted to add that his company is responsible for printing state government materials and all educational materials for primary sec and tertiary institutions and also into property and estate management.
Vo: are you married,?
Me: I said yes.
Vo: pass me my docs and a pink paper.
Me: I left devastated.

Sincerely this happened within 3mins. She didn't allow me express myself. The way she asked the questions as if let me ask you and give u pink paper and go. She doesn't feel concern at all.

Cost of attendance on i20 is $34000

I do not have any funding, I can only get it during second semester, I was expecting her to ask me questions about why d school, your plans after school and others I have prepared for.

What can I do better? Please advise before I take the next line of action. I don't want to rush to reapply, what should I do please?

Cgpa: 2.93 GRE: 279.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 05, 2019
My opinion:
1. you should change the 'I was advised to apply to Mcneese' to I heard abt Mcneese during my SAT ... and researched....
2. expatiate on how their entry requirements matched your profile
3. Your need to think of a more convincing response to the question: why Mcneese and also Why biology.
4. I HOPE YOU HAVE A STRONG RESPONSE FOR THE QUESTION: Why Not Nigeria.
5. What career in the medical field do you want to pursue after this degree in biology and why are you not just doing it in Nigeria (because unlike in the USA, you don't need a first degree/ bachelors degree to get admission into medical field oriented courses).
6. You should not say I am not yet sure of my plans. (and remember the medical school is also a grad school in the USA).
7. What aspect of the health sector in Nigeria do you really want to improve? And expatiate on this first hand experience.
When did you graduate from Secondary school? If there has been gap years since then, what have you been doing to boost you academically?

Deefav:
Hello everyone, please I need your opinion on my proposed transcript.
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, pass me your i20 and passport.
*passed*
Me: I'm going for my bachelors degree in Biology at Mcneese state university.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to six in total: Mcneese state, Alcorn State, Fisk, Missississpi valley state, Bethany and Berea colleges. I got into all except Berea college.
VO: How did you learn about Mcneese.
Me:[b] I was adviced [/b]to apply to Mcneese during my SAT lessons so I went on to research more about it and their entry requirements matched my profile.
VO: why Mcneese?
Me: Mcneese had all I was looking for in terms of class sizes, faculty to student ratio, plus the curriculum for my course was really quite favourable as they matched some of the subjects I took back in secondary school. One thing that stood out about Mcneese was the fact that they displayed a genuine interest in me and they were ready to assist me throughout the whole frustrating process of applying for colleges. So it really feels like a school where I'd fit in.
VO: why Biology?
Me: I've always loved Biology because I've always been fascinated with Life. And because biology is a vast subject, I get to learn about living things and how we interact with our ecosystems, micro organisms and how they affect us and other really important aspects of biology that address global issues. Also, I want a career in the health sector so Biology really is a subject that captures all my interests and still enables me to pursue a career in the medical fields.
VO: what are your plans after graduation?
Me: I'm not sure yet but I'll either attend med school or grad school and thereafter come back to work in my country. I hope to help improve the health sector in my country because I've experienced firsthand how poor the health sector is. I also plan to work with international organisations especially those that focus more on women and children in Africa. As Africa still holds the highest mortality rate for women and children.
VO: who is sponsoring you and what do they do?
Me: My dad is sponsoring me, he is a business man and he imports clothes from xyz and sells wholesale and retail.

Thank you.
It's a bit lengthy and I'll appreciate your opinions on ways to make it better.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 10:35am On Jun 05, 2019
@Walspring

I sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dreambound(m): 11:06am On Jun 05, 2019
Deleted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sconp: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2019
bracelum:
E be like say this Johnkay101 dey suffer from depression. For the word " top school" to dey vex you, e be like say you collect reject from one of them. No worry, I get remedy for you before you go drink Sniper.

Send me an email and I'll work with you and get you into a top 20 university for fall 2020 even if you have a 3rd class GPA. I'm very serious about it. All you have to do is to do all I ask you to do and I won't charge you a dime for it. Though, it is not going to be a rosy process (I need to give you the head's up)

This offer is only for Johnkay101. If you want admissions counseling from me, you'll have to pay and it is not cheap.

Johnkay101, buzz my email on bracelum@gmail.com.

If you're not interested, it's okay. But always STFU whenever I give my comments here. If top school dey vex you to hear, close your ears and ignore my posts. I gave the poster a nice advice based on ROI and you carry your bad belle come dey attack me.

grin
grin. grin cheesy grin

I just happen to find this very hilarious.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2019
dreambound:

Kai..Lord help us..
What kind of Bewitched VO is that? cry

The only issue (which I don't see as too much of a problem for a final denial) was the what would this course do for you.. From past transcripts, I've seen that if you add too much intro to your responses, the VO would cut you off. It's like they want direct (ish) responses. It also affected you in what does your uncle do... I wanted to say your response to what would this course do for you made her loose interest, but it's like she already predetermined the denial from before the 'Good Morning' ... tchai. Cursed VO.

VOs' default response is no...we are meant to prove to them in a short period of time that it should be YES. So just make every response sharp and convincing, especially at the beginning, and especially when the VO is cursed like that �

Why abuse the V.O, your choice of word is totally not called for. You don't know what the fellow filled in his DS 160. Also saying his uncle owns a printing press doesn't portray the uncle as a strong sponsor. There are better ways to say and portray the person as a good sponsor. A contractor to the state government to supply educational materials can fit in well and still serve same purpose. The essence is to show that your uncle can comfortably sponsor you.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:22am On Jun 05, 2019
toluene1234:
Good morning guys, my visa was denied day before yesterday June 3 at Lagos 6.45am appointment .

Here is my transcript
Me: Good morning madam
VO (A young white lady): did not even answer. (She had denied a lot of people before my turn)
VO: your passport and I20
ME: I passed it.
ME: I am going to the US to pursue my master degree in information security and Assurance, I paused a while, before I added at Johnson and Wales university Providence Rhode Island
VO: what will this course do for you?
ME: there are efforts made by government and private institutions to combat the cybercrimes that are prevalent in our economy, there are limited security experts to join fight this menace. I felt she wasn't even listening or not feeling what I was saying. She cuts me off.
VO: how did you hear about the school?
ME: in 2017, Bcie organised an edu fair in ikeja, that was where I heard about the schools, and also some of their representatives were on ground for the edu fair
VO: did you apply to other school?
ME: yes I did
Vo: mention them.
Me: I did
Vo: did you write any entrance exams?
Me: yes GRE
Vo: who is paying for this
Me: my uncle, he's more or less like a father
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he has a printing press company In Lagos Ekitu and kwara. She cuts me again, (I wanted to add that his company is responsible for printing state government materials and all educational materials for primary sec and tertiary institutions and also into property and estate management.
Vo: are you married,?
Me: I said yes.
Vo: pass me my docs and a pink paper.
Me: I left devastated.

Sincerely this happened within 3mins. She didn't allow me express myself. The way she asked the questions as if let me ask you and give u pink paper and go. She doesn't feel concern at all.

Cost of attendance on i20 is $34000

I do not have any funding, I can only get it during second semester, I was expecting her to ask me questions about why d school, your plans after school and others I have prepared for.

What can I do better? Please advise before I take the next line of action. I don't want to rush to reapply, what should I do please?

Cgpa: 2.93 GRE: 279.

First of all, it is none of your business if the VO denied so many people before you because the VO always has a reason for denial.
If you look at the denials and let it get into you, it will break down your confidence at the time when you need it the most.

What will this course do for you?

It is another way of saying what benefit has this to your career. So you start with the very best intro. The VO doesn't have time for you to build your response.
Your response was not impressive to the VO.

Giw did you hear about the school?
I always say people should talk about how they carried out personal research to validate their findings. Because anyone can come to say good about a school at a fair.

The VO had already made her decision . The rest questions were formalities.

My advice,

Your GPA is not bad, you can retake GRE if you can.
Apply to a course in Computer Science and concentrate in Cybersecurity.
Lots of schools fund Computer Science and I can help with some.

Don't reapply for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by toluene1234: 11:46am On Jun 05, 2019
Brown2Green:

First of all, it is none of your business if the VO denied so many people before you because the VO always has a reason for denial.
If you look at the denials and let it get into you, it will break down your confidence at the time when you need it the most.

What will this course do for you?

It is another way of saying what benefit has this to your career. So you start with the very best intro. The VO doesn't have time for you to build your response.
Your response was not impressive to the VO.

Giw did you hear about the school?
I always say people should talk about how they carried out personal research to validate their findings. Because anyone can come to say good about a school at a fair.

The VO had already made her decision . The rest questions were formalities.

My advice,

Your GPA is not bad, you can retake GRE if you can.
Apply to a course in Computer Science and concentrate in Cybersecurity.
Lots of schools fund Computer Science and I can help with some.

Don't reapply for now.

Okay bro. Thanks for your comments. Sincerely I can see where the flop is. I will plan to rewrite my GRE hopefully to have a better GRE score. I will pm you bro.
Thanks for your immense contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by toluene1234: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2019
I don't think there's any issue with the DS 160, the issue I think I have is the ones you identified and Brown2Green pointed out. .
I will work on those identified wen I will apply again.
Thanks bro for your contribution
Time2win:

Why abuse the V.O, your choice of word is totally not called for. You don't know what the fellow filled in his DS 160. Also saying his uncle owns a printing press doesn't portray the uncle as a strong sponsor. There are better ways to say and portray the person as a good sponsor. A contractor to the state government to supply educational materials can fit in well and still serve same purpose. The essence is to show that your uncle can comfortably sponsor you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Deefav: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
dodaside:
My opinion:
1. you should change the 'I was advised to apply to Mcneese' to I heard abt Mcneese during my SAT ... and researched....
2. expatiate on how their entry requirements matched your profile
3. Your need to think of a more convincing response to the question: why Mcneese and also Why biology.
4. I HOPE YOU HAVE A STRONG RESPONSE FOR THE QUESTION: Why Not Nigeria.
5. What career in the medical field do you want to pursue after this degree in biology and why are you not just doing it in Nigeria (because unlike in the USA, you don't need a first degree/ bachelors degree to get admission into medical field oriented courses).
6. You should not say I am not yet sure of my plans. (and remember the medical school is also a grad school in the USA).
7. What aspect of the health sector in Nigeria do you really want to improve? And expatiate on this first hand experience.
When did you graduate from Secondary school? If there has been gap years since then, what have you been doing to boost you academically?

Wow, okay. Thank you very much.
I'll take this into consideration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Deefav: 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
beejhay96:
Hello.
Whats d timeline since you completed High school?
No tell VO say u not sure about your plans after Grad. school. remove tha line.
Hope you took SAT tho?
Find words to checkmate this likely Question : Why are you going to the US for Degree when it is relatively affordable here in Nigeria.

Thank you so much.
I graduated in 2017, I tried unilag same year, wrote jamb all of that didn't get In. Then I started Sat and toefl classes in 2018.
yes I took the SAT and TOEFL. 1330 and 109 respectively.
oh I didn't say I wasn't sure. I said I wasn't sure if I'd go to grad school (for Masters in Biology ) or medical school but that thereafter I'll come back to work in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
Johnkay101:

Mr. Top 20 schools, Just know that it's not everyone that has the right profile (GPA & Test scores) to get admitted in top schools. The way you tell people to join top schools as if its within their power gets me tired atimes, when some doesn't even have the right profile.
Personally, comments like that from TWoods and bracelum should spur people on. You see, when somebody aims at the the sky, there's a good chance they'll end up on the rooftop. But when they aim at the rooftop, they may crash land on the ground floor. It's always good to read in between the lines and glean important details that can prove useful. I think I also read where he advised the fellow about taking up admissions from regular universities that are not ranked among top 20.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
Johnkay101:

At the bolded, you have problem with understanding. I personally highlighted the top school part he mentioned and not the funding part. He can tell the fellow to change school and not everytime join top 20 school without knowing if the candidate has the right profile for top 20 schools. That was my point. Top school is not for everyone. Next time read to understand and don't be fast to speak.
You sound pained. Next time simply ignore his comments and move on. It's more honorable than what you're doing right now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nwaobiegue: 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
juliusdudu:

Thank you for your response. I did contact DHL but my passport was not there. I have however found an update on my case yesterday evening.
Bros, please what's the update all about? Ready for pick up?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RichieCobby2019: 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
Going for undergraduates study.
Total Cost of Attendance on i20 is $40,500 per year.
Scholarship of $2000 per year leaving $38,000 to be covered.

Sponsor resides in the states and his Bank Statement has ending balance of $35,500.

Will this affect chances of visa being approved?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
RichieCobby2019:
Going for undergraduates study.
Total Cost of Attendance on i20 is $40,500 per year.
Scholarship of $2000 per year leaving $38,000 to be covered.

Sponsor resides in the states and his Bank Statement has ending balance of $35,500.

Will this affect chances of visa being approved?

Chances of getting your visa with that SOA is zero if a V.O checks the account statement. Unless you are approved without them requesting for SOA which I doubt is possible now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BamiOrims: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
Please I was given a Social Security Number from my summer work and travel program in the US in 2014. Should I add it to my DS-160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Davidkking(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Guys please between university of Toledo or Missouri State University which one would you go to for a bsc in biology?.......just your opinion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RichieCobby2019: 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
BACKGROUND
Transferring from a teacher training college in Ghana to New Jersey City University.
The teacher training college in Ghana is such that, you do Academic Work for 2 years and 1 year of teaching practice.
I will finished the 2 years of academic work ending of July this year. I will be going to NJCU to get B sc. accounting before coming back to complete my 1 year of teaching practice, which will enable me to become a professional teacher in Ghana.

Visa Interview coming up soon.

PROPOSED TRANSCRIPTS

VO: Why are you going to the states?
Me: For my undergraduates studies in Accounting at NJCU to supplement my teacher education to enable me teach accounting.

VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: The accounting degree together with my training as a professional teacher will fully equip me all the necessary skill needed to become a good accounting teacher and therefore make me more marketable to the Ghana Education Service and also set me on the right path to becoming a professor in accounting.

VO: How did you here about this school:
Me: I did researched on my own looking for schools with fantastic accounting program and education program as I intend to minor in education and NJCU came up.

VO: Did you apply to other Schools?
Me: Yes, University of Oregon and University of Texas, Austin.

VO: Why NJCU
Me: NJCU was one of the first teacher training colleges set up in the US before being converted into a full university and they also have the fastest rising school of business in the state on new jersey, and someone coming from an education background and with goals of becoming a professor in accounting, i believe NJCU is a perfect fit for me and my career goals.

VO: Any admits from them?
Me: Yeah, from University of Oregon

VO: Any standardized texts?
Me: No, because i am already enrolled in a college, it was waived.

VO: Who is paying for this?
Me: My mum's brother, He is a tankermen supervisor at Kirby Inland Marine.

VO: Why is he sponsoring you?
Me: He has always been interested in my education since i was a child has been supporting me in various ways, He said he couldn't reach the level of education he wanted to reach because of finances and he have seen how that has affected him, so he doesn't want me to go through the same situation.

Gurus please do justice to it,
NB: I am a Ghanaian.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RichieCobby2019: 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
Time2win:

Chances of getting your visa with that SOA is zero if a V.O checks the account statement. Unless you are approved without them requesting for SOA which I doubt is possible now.

It was $40000 in April, but some withdrawals were made in May and the balance came down, Can I send the Statement of February to March and March to April, leaving the current statement, that is April to May out??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Soothing: 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
LagosismyHome:

You have 150k minus 20k = 130k ......
What if you dont get funding?. Are you ready to pay this.

@lagosismyhome please I sent you email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
RichieCobby2019:

It was $40000 in April, but some withdrawals were made in May and the balance came down, Can I send the Statement of February to March and March to April, leaving the current statement, that is April to May out??

Still won't work. Will your uncle use 100% of his money just for you while you ain't his child. Why not check if you can get loan from prodigy or mpower to support the One you have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.