Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796311 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2019
Davidkking:

I'm not after funding I just want an opinion.......which would you choose if the 2 schools gave you funding of about $10k??

I'll go with MSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
dreambound:

He is still rich with a 90K salary..that's not an average or above average man's salary in the US..If he has children, he has a wife, which may also be working. But don't get me wrong..I totally get your point smiley

90k is rich from where to where ...... 90k is no where near rich
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
LagosismyHome:

90k is rich from where to where ...... 90k is no where near rich
is that a decent salary if he was alone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kay100: 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Good evening, pls who know of any hotel closer to the lagos embassy?...ahbeg cheap one ni o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
CuteRedd:
is that a decent salary if he was alone?

Decent/comfortable is different from Rich .. decent / comfortable is the ability to pay all your bills and still have some extra change ... i think a single person at 90k can be comfortable and very decent . With a family can still be a bit but must be a stretch depending on needs

But Rich at 90k ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
No insult please speaking for a sister..................
1. She want to apply for a school in USA is it a must she pay school fees, hostel fees or any fees for the school after getting admission from the school
2. Is it a must she write TOEFL or any exam
3.if it a must your pay the school some fees and you were denied visa will the school refund your money
4.is it only a private school she can apply for how about government school.........
Please explain to me about step by step, process by process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Decent/comfortable is different from Rich .. decent / comfortable is the ability to pay all your bills and still have some extra change ... i think a single person at 90k can be comfortable and very decent . With a family can still be a bit but must be a stretch depending on needs

But Rich at 90k ....
ok thanks. What would you call the rich range for a single person and a family of 4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pronto543(m): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
Please, I need help about cheap and affordable accommodation around the US embassy in Lagos where I can stay for just the night before my interview on Tuesday morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
Spanishmilf:
1. She want to apply for a school in USA is it a must she pay school fees, hostel fees or any fees for the school after getting admission from the school
3.if it a must your pay the school some fees and you were denied visa will the school refund your money
4.is it only a private school she can apply for how about government school.........

Hmm
This 'sister' of yours..is she for Masters or Bsc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
Brown2Green:

Hmm
This 'sister' of yours..is she for Masters or Bsc?
she want to go to college I'm just Confused here Shaw, she just finished polytechnic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dwilliams707: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
Please help. I’m filling my Ds form, under passports document Type
Please which should I pick,is it official,regular,diplomatic?and which is passport book number?i can only see the passport number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2019
Spanishmilf:
she want to go to college I'm just Confused here Shaw, she just finished polytechnic

People that want to go to college take SAT.
So that's the first thing she should do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2019
dwilliams707:
Please help. I’m filling my Ds form, under passports document Type
Please which should I pick,is it official,regular,diplomatic?
Regular
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dwilliams707: 10:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
Brown2Green:

Regular
Thanks boss,how about passport book number coz I saw my passport no
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2019
Brown2Green:

People that want to go to college take SAT.
So that's the first thing she should do.
oh okay thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
dwilliams707:

Thanks boss,how about passport book number coz I saw my passport no
Does not apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kilankoazeez: 10:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
Kay100:
Good evening, pls who know of any hotel closer to the lagos embassy?...ahbeg cheap one ni o

There are cheap hotels in Obalende, and from Obalende to Walter Carrington is #100 Keke (I think).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dwilliams707: 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
Brown2Green:

Does not apply
Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adedayo65: 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
Pls don’t let your blood boil o lol, infact you need to be calm when answering questions from the VO coz ‘for what shall it profit an awesome transcript with bad delivery’ ?
Nevertheless, I wish you all the best!

edave:
Guyz help me check dis transcript my blood is boiling pls

vo:good morning
me good morning
vo pass me ur document
me pass it
vo why are you going to prairie view
me for my masters degree in electrical engineering
vo how do you hear about prairie view
me i did an online research on schools that offer power system nd control specialization in electrical engineering and i came across of PVAMU
VO why power system and control specialization
me i have a technical experience in it and most importantly it aligns with my research interest
vo why electrical engineering
me i choose electrical engineering because nigeria's power sector is in bad shape and the demand for more power generation and energy utilization are not been met
which calls for proper reform and implementation of smart technology to beat that therefore i see a deep drilling in this engineering field and specialization as
a good idea in achieving that
vo which other school do u apply to
me SDM&T
vo why PVAMU
me prairie view is my unique school because it specializes in researches related to smart grid innovations and has state of the art facilities dedicated to such
advancement more also i am exicited with the blends of familiar course requirements the program as to offer..i will b offering courses from power
system and control track which is related to my work experience to courses in wireless technology which i have a certification and trained on, to courses in
microelectronics and signal processing.
vo what will this course do for u
me am a maintenance engineer in the power field inline with this program therefore getting more knowledge through this program will give me a boost in my career
path enabling me take up high-tech jobs with energy multinationals such as cummins, general electric,ABB in revolutionalizing nigeria's power sector
vo when do u graduates
me 2016
vo what av u been doing since den
me after my graduation i went for my NYSC in NOV 2016 where i worked as a trainee with xxxx ( a generator manufacturer) and after my service
year i was offered a permanent position as an electrical engineer with the company, gaining experience since then doing online courses going for training
till this present moment.
Vo what are your duties
me my job roles include troubleshooting and repairing of generator control panels,software update on controllers,testing and replacement of generator electrical
part.
vo who is ur sponsor
me my uncle
vo what does he do
me he owns a construction company that into building and road construction projects.
vo can i have his SOA
me pass it
vo why will he be sponsoring u
me he promised to sponsor me in grad school.
vo what do you want to do with power system nd control
me i want to specialize in power system nd control in order to re engineering conventional power systems into smart grid networks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
LagosismyHome:

what is written on your i20? ............Athough i am not the best person to ask for this question as i am not 100% sure
somebody should please help me on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
shoyoyebiodun:
Am going to the embassy with company account what should i fill in my ds160 for as sponsor is it the name of the company or the my brother name

Fairheart LagosismyHome bracelum time2win
somebody should please help me out on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 12:17am On Jun 06, 2019
shoyoyebiodun:
somebody should please help me out on this

It is not the company funding you I believe.
You should put the name of your direct sponsor and go with financial support document stating your brother as the sponsor.
I also want to believe your brother owns the company.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ecoleco: 2:29am On Jun 06, 2019
Spanishmilf:

None of the items listed above is a must. Schools give admission first before any school fees request. Only a handful of schools do ask for a portion of the school fees a priori.

TOEFL is necessary but not a must. Check your school of choice to know if they exempt TOEFL for Nigerians. If you haven't chosen any schools yet, it's advisable to do TOEFL.

The school would refund you your school fees deposit if you didn't make it.

Public or private schools, you are free to apply to any of them.

Nice to be here again! grin cool

Hats off to LagosismyHome for still being here to help folks!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OgbeniOptional(m): 4:31am On Jun 06, 2019
This thread should help us address the psychological factors of facing the consular. Why heart dey pound after booking appointment nah.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MapleSettlers: 5:54am On Jun 06, 2019
Pease visit my blog on stuttering Africans. Thank you
https://theafricanstutterer.home.blog/

sharwama:

Abeg no vex, no be say I no see diz ya transcript since ooo, I get Visa fever so body no gree me comment for your transcript. Gurus biko take over grin
However, I think you have great responses, kinda shows you know what you want. Yet, judging from your past experience, I think your focus shouldn't just be on "what to say" but "how to say what needs to be said". I mean your delivery. You would need intensive sessions of mock interview, someone needs to drill you hard so you can get comfortable with PRESSURE. Pressure is the enemy!
A friend once told me it's not bad to stutter, it shows you are human and not a robot that memorized answers, but he also said "don't stutter too much, you will ruin the communication"
I wish there was more I could do for you, I am sorry.
I wish you well, let's go get that visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by icagbons: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2019
Sudden Change In US Visa Rules That Affects Nigeria

May 28, 2019 | The Nigerian Voice

The United States Government last Week, without prior information or notice, launched a New Immigration Policy called "Build America" It is a new merit base visa application system that seeks to increase the standard of scrutiny of visa application to prevent people of questionable reputation, economic immigrants and People without travel history from getting US visa.

Under this new rules, key changes have already been implemented without notice, as follows :

1. End of Drop box (automatic visa renewal without interview for existing visa holders is cancelled. Existing visa owners will now apply and be interviewed like everyone else when their visa expires )

2. Green Card to be scrapped
3. Applicants for B1 or B2 visas without adequate travel experience will now be automatically denied.

4. Applicant with monthly income below $1700 will now be considered as economic immigrants and denied.

5. Strong ties & attachments (compelling proofs of what can bring you back )to Nigeria now to be strongly emphasized.

If look at the attached picture, you will see No AOS stamped on the passport. AOS means Adjustment of Status.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/278550/sudden-change-in-us-visa-rules-that-affects-nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:12am On Jun 06, 2019
icagbons:

The United States Government last Week, without prior information or notice, launched a New Immigration Policy called "Build America" It is a new merit base visa application system that seeks to increase the standard of scrutiny of visa application to prevent people of questionable reputation, economic immigrants and People without travel history from getting US visa.

Under this new rules, key changes have already been implemented without notice, as follows :

1. End of Drop box (automatic visa renewal without interview for existing visa holders is cancelled. Existing visa owners will now apply and be interviewed like everyone else when their visa expires )

3. Applicants for B1 or B2 visas without adequate travel experience will now be automatically denied.

4. Applicant with monthly income below $1700 will now be considered as economic immigrants and denied.

5. Strong ties & attachments (compelling proofs of what can bring you back )to Nigeria now to be strongly emphasized.

If look at the attached picture, you will see No AOS stamped on the passport. AOS means Adjustment of Status.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/278550/sudden-change-in-us-visa-rules-that-affects-nigeria.html

This is no new news na.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:15am On Jun 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

This is no new news na.

It's news for some people wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dreambound(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2019
No green card grin
icagbons:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by icagbons: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2019
What it simply mean is that you can't change status anymore. If you are in the US to study you must study o, you can't say you want to marry there so that your status will change... Kole work ooo. This people mean business

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.