Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795523 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
Sheq:
hello everyone....good day...please who has an idea of the career prospect of someone who wants to study phd economics in the united states....the person has a masters in economics from a nigerian university already. Thank you

I do not understand your question, can you rephrase it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
GboyegaD:

I do not understand your question, can you rephrase it?
alright thanm you.... let me break it down.... is a phd in economics worth the stress in the united states? are there going to be good paying jobs? because the person is thinking of switching to somethi g else entirely...but i currently told the person to hang on.

the person has a bsc and msc economics in nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by adedoja99: 11:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
Anyone in the AUC here?? Let's connect please grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:04am On Sep 26, 2018
Teejaybashman:
Please house,,Am new in this thread...i need your advice
Am going for an interview next month...i was admitted into a community college in Illinois for an associate degree in business administration and management... I already have B.Agric in Agricultural Economics in a Nigeria University...Graduated in 2016...Done with the national service 2018. My sponsor(uncle) want me to start afresh because he's staying very close to the college ..Kindly advice me on what to do...And what are the likely interview questions for me
You can also advice me through:
Teejaybashman@gmail.com

Your uncle excuse here didn't really make sense and is better you apply for Msc.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:06am On Sep 26, 2018
Emusan:

Oh thanks very much

Let's give all the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:08am On Sep 26, 2018
YoungIncredible:
Hello guys. Please can anyone help me with any cheapest hotel close to Abuja embassy pleaseeeeee.

I'm very low on budget and I can't afford Sheraton.

I will be visiting Abuja for the first time, which of the parks will I stop at?, and how to get to the "cheap hotel"

Edakun.

It depend on the bus you board, you can stop at Utako or Zuba or Kubwa park but zuba is extra far from the US embassy

You can get hotel of 5k around utako, 4k around kubwa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:09am On Sep 26, 2018
Blesso222:
Please help. A friend applied for mba at California Miramar University having two diplomas (lower credit) and a HND (upper) was denied admission because her GPA is not equivalent to USA decree. Please which other school can she apply to and what does she needs to do to burst her GPA.
Please any one with GRE materials should assist. Plssss. Email: blessinggupar@gmail.com

Let your friend go and do WES evaluation and that would be the best way out

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:11am On Sep 26, 2018
Predstan:
@Walspring. Can you please help make Sevis payment from there?

Yes just send me a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:12am On Sep 26, 2018
To all those who sent me pm, check your email junk or spam if you didn't get it in your email inbox
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 12:13am On Sep 26, 2018
abcasap:
A friend told me that Abuja embassy have been closed down till further notice. And I also confirmed it on this thread. So try and verify if they've opened.

They have reopened since nah

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 1:06am On Sep 26, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Thanks, is there a place I could request for cab or uber?

Sure. Just download the uber app and follow the instructions.

If you have bargaining power, opt for the union taxis. It's just that they have static prices and it might be hard bearing down the cab fare. For example, they charge 3k from the airport to Sauka while you get to pay N670 on uber. You get my point, yes?

Success with your interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 1:09am On Sep 26, 2018
adedoja99:
Anyone in the AUC here?? Let's connect please grin
Ahah. I followed your admission story on this thread. You and Nahum777. How's school coming? How's America?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by adedoja99: 1:17am On Sep 26, 2018
Spotlighte:

Ahah. I followed your admission story on this thread. You and Nahum777. How's school coming? How's America?

Pretty cool my brother. I'm just tryna link with other naija peeps around ATL

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:46am On Sep 26, 2018
Sheq:
alright thanm you.... let me break it down.... is a phd in economics worth the stress in the united states? are there going to be good paying jobs? because the person is thinking of switching to somethi g else entirely...but i currently told the person to hang on.

the person has a bsc and msc economics in nigeria

Truth is, one isn't guaranteed a particular job however, one could grab an academic or non-academic job. Read through job placements and you will realize it is worth it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folmus: 6:09am On Sep 26, 2018
This information is very misleading. Anybody telling you that switching status is a stroll in the park (if it's even possible) is deceiving you. The only way you stand a chance of changing status is declaring your plans to your B1/B2 interview officer.
Look before you leap./quote]

Thanks for this. "If you get a B1/B2, you can change status upon arrival" Everyone should be applying for B1/2 then since you can change on arrival. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:15am On Sep 26, 2018
bigwizzy001:

Thanks so much for the clarification. I would rather get my F1 before departing naija. Make I no go land for trouble.

This is a better plan...... travel with the right visa before departing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:18am On Sep 26, 2018
folmus:

This information is very misleading. Anybody telling you that switching status is a stroll in the park (if it's even possible) is deceiving you. The only way you stand a chance of changing status is declaring your plans to your B1/B2 interview officer.
Look before you leap./quote]

Thanks for this. "If you get a B1/B2, you can change status upon arrival" Everyone should be applying for B1/2 then since you can change on arrival. cheesy cheesy cheesy

true ......... I was going to correct this as well. it not that easy to switch , best to get the right visa from the beginning

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2018
Plz I need help my sponsor lives in USA, will it make the visa officers deny me visa or not. Plz I am confused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 8:38am On Sep 26, 2018
Walspring:

Kuje is extra far, is like someone coming from sagamu to VI
Thank you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2018
npmi:
Plz I need help my sponsor lives in USA, will it make the visa officers deny me visa or not. Plz I am confused.

No.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2018
GboyegaD:

Truth is, one isn't guaranteed a particular job however, one could grab an academic or non-academic job. Read through job placements and you will realize it is worth it.
alright...thanks alot..i will do that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2018
Spotlighte:

Sure. Just download the uber app and follow the instructions.

If you have bargaining power, opt for the union taxis. It's just that they have static prices and it might be hard bearing down the cab fare. For example, they charge 3k from the airport to Sauka while you get to pay N670 on uber. You get my point, yes?

Success with your interview.
Thank you very much ma, and Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kennosklint(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2018
adedoja99:

Pretty cool my brother. I'm just tryna link with other naija peeps around ATL
bro pls link me how to go about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2018
npmi:

It depend because if his background check is bad that could pose negative thought by VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 11:53am On Sep 26, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Thank you sir

Let's give all the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lorlardey94: 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2018
Good day all. Can someone please clarify this to me...I am trying to schedule my student visa appointment but got to the point of selecting visa priority option.
1- Option one asking if I have been interviewed/refused within the last 2 months.

2- Option two"Regular"

I was interviewed on the 14th July, 2018.

My question:

Am I going to choose the first option seeing that it was over two months I was last interviewed?

I will be happy if someone can please respond to my question.

Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
lorlardey94:
Good day all. Can someone please clarify this to me...I am trying to schedule my student visa appointment but got to the point of selecting visa priority option.
1- Option one asking if I have been interviewed/refused within the last 2 months.

2- Option two"Regular"

I was interviewed on the 14th July, 2018.

My question:

Am I going to choose the first option seeing that it was over two months I was last interviewed?

I will be happy if someone can please respond to my question.

Thank you all.
Choose the second option since you've been denied visa before
Best of wishes!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
Walspring:

It depend because if his background check is bad that could pose negative thought by VO
What do you mean by his background check being bad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
If the person has a legal status in the US.......
The person isn't on an overstayed visa, legal standing and the rest you can think of.
npmi:

What do you mean by his background check being bad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2018
kfrosh:
If the person has a legal status in the US.......
The person isn't on an overstayed visa, legal standing and the rest you can think of.
He has a legal status
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lorlardey94: 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2018
Yes it is asking me if I have been refused before which I have been but really want to know if that is applicable to me since it specifies in the last 2 months. That's why I want to be sure if I fall in that category as going by the calculation, mine was refused 14th July, 2018. I dont want to choose the wrong thing erroneously, so that I wont be seem as deliberately misrepresenting my application. I dont want that to happen.

BigUgo21:

Choose the second option since you've been denied visa before
Best of wishes!

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.