Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (798256 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alibi499: 10:46am On Oct 04, 2018
Hello my lovely people. Please can i use my father-in-law's account statement to get my i-20 and during interview. Is there any problem this might cause.
You advice is highly welcome.

House please advice me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Baggiopreshy: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2018
Please I need you to understand what am trying to say. Guys that is at the age of 18,19,20 have a better chance of getting a visa when they go for Bsc degree program in usa. Am not saying it all easy and am 26 I just want to know my chances if I go for a Bsc degree program. I just want to know if my age is a barrier for using a Bsc...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omolorlarh: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2018
I saw this and decided to share. I hope it helps someone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Stevester4620(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2018
Good morning house, am new and am planning my study visa to USA. I made a first class degree here in Nigeria. Am 21years, please I needed some help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 11:36am On Oct 04, 2018
Baggiopreshy:
Please I need you to understand what am trying to say. Guys that is at the age of 18,19,20 have a better chance of getting a visa when they go for Bsc degree program in usa. Am not saying it all easy and am 26 I just want to know my chances if I go for a Bsc degree program. I just want to know if my age is a barrier for using a Bsc...

26 is not bad to the best of my knowledge. You just need to explain why you are just going for that program at your age.... That's if the VO even noticed it. Lol

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 11:44am On Oct 04, 2018
Hello all,

Please I have a question that's begging for answers.
I want to go for a Master's program during the spring admission in the U.S. I applied to 5 Universities, I got admission into 2 of the Universities, while 3 denied me admission. The 2 Universities I got admission into are private Universities with no funding.

I want to ask, is it possible for someone to get an f-1 visa with a form i-20 from a private University, even after being denied admission from other reputable Universities?

The issue of sevis fee, my Uncle in the US paid the fee via money order. I just want to know how it goes like how long do I have to wait before I get the receipt so that I can apply for Visa?
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ayobami12345: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
Anyone here who wants to pay for visa fee should contact me because I payed for my visa fee at GTB and I will not be needing it anymore and I wish to sell it because I need money.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2018
Go ahead and ask your questions. You're welcome!
Stevester4620:
Good morning house, am new and am planning my study visa to USA. I made a first class degree here in Nigeria. Am 21years, please I needed some help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
You have a chance. Have you had any higher education since you graduated from high school?
Baggiopreshy:
Please am 26 years of age I do t know if am too old to us a Bsc program to apply for a student visa to usa. Please I need to know my chances of getting the visa and have got little traveling history, Ghana cameroon and south africa. Please I really need advice please please

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2018
Age 26. hmmm. You can take a risk! Why going for a Masters limit your chances?
Baggiopreshy:
Am a Bsc holder. I was advised by a friend that if I go for masters the possibility of me getting visa would be slim, instead they prefare,i start from scratch. My intentions now is to apply for accounting course and all ready have got a university..... and so far so good scull gees would not be a problem and am using my waec result to apply. Am being skeptical now because of my age"26" and I don't know if am to old to go to usa embersy that am going for Bsc and secondly I just want to know how slim my chances of getting visa ... Am going for strictly schooling. And have got little traveling history cameroon Ghana and south africa. Please I need your advice please please please please I need to know my faith on were am driving at.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2018
Which admission term are you looking at? Spring 2019 or Fall 2019? PM me, will be busy searching for schools tonight. Might find one if possible
npmi:
Please I need help, I have been searching for universities in USA that offers masters program in Healthcare Management /Administration at a cheaper rate, all to no avail.
Plz if someone can help send me schools that offers this course, I will be grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
Your age limit your chances of getting a visa with BSc; your chanc is high with Masters, and age 26 is one of those perfect ages for a master's program. Goodluck!
Baggiopreshy:
I don't think you understand what I meant. I really want to know if my age would not affect my possibility of getting a visa at the usa embersy using Bsc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
Go ahead, but prepare to offer strong response to interview questions. What you say earns you more points in getting the visa than what what statement of account will. If you have been following up transcript on here, you'd notice that statement of account is requested for ONLY after 90% of successful interview response by the student.

These days, when a consular ask for your SOA, he has made up his/her mind to approve your visa. So, put yourself together and write down personally tailored response to possible questions. Goodluck!
alibi499:
Hello my lovely people. Please can i use my father-in-law's account statement to get my i-20 and during interview. Is there any problem this might cause.
You advice is highly welcome.

House please advice me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
You are 26, and I am surprised that you kept asking the same question over and over. Come on! You are a student! Your age, 26, is a barrier. Period! Consular will look at that during the interview and will not tell you. He will think you're running away. Then He'd make conclusion base on that. He may not even ask why you are just going for an undergraduate program; he would just decide without you knowing.

Now, get the fact right: there have been exceptions in visa interview outcome. Before, I used to see students of 25, 26, 27 28 and even 30 years granted visa for first degree; I was once a part of a 29 years old applicant's application. He was denied twice, but granted the third time. He left in 2015, and told me he has received his work permit last month. But these days, it is rare. Things are changing very fast. The Oyibo are looking for means to beat the old system that guys had used to get the visa. But then, there is room for Miracle! But I cannot say this room is available for you at this point in time; only God can. Search your heart and listen to your intuition, but ponder on the fact, too. Goodluck!

Baggiopreshy:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
First class! That's an achievement!
Stevester4620:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by johnmattew: 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
can one use statement of account that is more Than 1 month old for visa interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
There have been students with funding that got rejected. Funding or not, is not one of those big deals that determine your interview outcome. List the 2 schools that accepted you during the interview. That is enough. You don try! Prepare for interview, and give strong points. Goodluck!
lextube:
Hello all,

Please I have a question that's begging for answers.
I want to go for a Master's program during the spring admission in the U.S. I applied to 5 Universities, I got admission into 2 of the Universities, while 3 denied me admission. The 2 Universities I got admission into are private Universities with no funding.

I want to ask, is it possible for someone to get an f-1 visa with a form i-20 from a private University, even after being denied admission from other reputable Universities?

The issue of sevis fee, my Uncle in the US paid the fee via money order. I just want to know how it goes like how long do I have to wait before I get the receipt so that I can apply for Visa?
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2018
hahaha! Your funny! Is it transferable? Better keep it; you still have a year, and you might change your mind. But you're really funny! grin grin grin
Ayobami12345:
Anyone here who wants to pay for visa fee should contact me because I payed for my visa fee at GTB and I will not be needing it anymore and I wish to sell it because I need money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4peace4: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
fairheart:
First class! That's an achievement!
Bros some first class are not typically an achievement especially those from private institutions. The real first class are those who graduated from a typical rigorus public institutions. A 2:1 and 2:2 holder from a public institution is better than a first class from all these private institutions in naija.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
Yes please!!! smiley
johnmattew:
can one use statement of account that is more Than 1 month old for visa interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
fairheart:
Which admission term are you looking at? Spring 2019 or Fall 2019? PM me, will be busy searching for schools tonight. Might find one if possible
I sent you a mail, plz send me your whatsapp number .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hahah! Why now? You shouldn't underestimate the efforts and time this student put it to earn the first class. But I understand you!

4peace4:
Bros some first class are not typically an achievement especially those from private institutions. The real first class are those who graduated from a typical rigorus public institutions. A 2:1 and 2:2 holder from a public institution is better than a first class from all these private institutions in naija.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
I just replied you!
npmi:

I sent you a mail, plz send me your whatsapp number .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
NameUserNo:

Thank you. So I can get my transcript evaluated with ECE in a month.

Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abnoble: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
Good evening to everyone in the house....pls I want to know if anytin can be done to my case, last year to be precise I was introduced to one agent who I was told was gud at processing us visa, so along the line he told me not to worry that once his done with everything he will contact me. So he called me after some days dat he has applied 4 me (B1B2 visa) and that am going to act as a banker and claim that am an accountant.......because that was what he filed on the form.....i was like but am an engineer why we you ask me to say what am not...so to cut the long story short I oblige, on the day of the interview I was denied the visa....thereafter I was told that anytin I filled at 1st cannot be change should I want to reapply..i was shocked....i reappllied again dat same last year...was denied also....so I lost hope of going again....recently I came across this group and I realized what I have missed.....but am thinking of reappling and I want to be real.....dont no if I should go ahead so I decided to seek for advise from this great platform....i will be glad to hear from you all.....thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ritlala: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2018
4peace4:

You are such a bitter fellow. Jealousy like you. Say the one you have na. You can not assist but u can condemn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
angelajuni:
So my visa was approved few hours ago. I just want to thank God and the guys here.
I met a guy from this forum at the embassy going to Uni of Baltimore, please send me a msg. I want to know how urs went.

Mine was brief, less than 10 questions. My transcript will come soon. Super excited!

Congrats. Please post your transcript so people can learn especially we spring applicants going soon

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by soulpiano23(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2018
angelajuni:
So my visa was approved few hours ago. I just want to thank God and the guys here.
I met a guy from this forum at the embassy going to Uni of Baltimore, please send me a msg. I want to know how urs went.

Mine was brief, less than 10 questions. My transcript will come soon. Super excited!
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alibi499: 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=fairheart post=71776129]Go ahead, but prepare to offer strong response to interview questions. What you say earns you more points in getting the visa than what what statement of account will. If you have been following up transcript on here, you'd notice that statement of account is requested for ONLY after 90% of successful interview response by the student.

These days, when a consular ask for your SOA, he has made up his/her mind to approve your visa. So, put yourself together and write down personally tailored response to possible questions. Goodluck! (Thanks boss)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alibi499: 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thanks boss....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
martAKINOLA:

V.o: good morning

Me: I'm good, how was your night

V.o: what's your study plan

Me: I'm going to Lincoln university to pursue my bachelors degree in sonogrpahy

V.o: tell me about this course 

Me: sonograpy is and aspect in diagnostic imaging that involves the use of ultrasound, it is used to view internal body structures like the kidney liver, muscles, the heart, feotus in a pregnant woman .

In the aspect of viewing the heart it is used to check the rate of blood flow to the heart and the aspect of pregnant women is to check if the feotus is in the right position and the condition of the feotus the breathing rate and the likes.

V.o what will this course do for you?

Me: with the look of things here in Nigeria, the course is very much alien to us the common one here is radiography, radiographers are still trying to improve their practice to sonography level. So with this course I've an upper hand in taking a sonography job in Gani faweyinmi diagnostic centre in ondo state

V.o: how many schools did you apply to?

Me: 3

V.o: name them

Me: Lincoln university, Cleveland state university and university of lowa

V.o: how many admits

Me: all

V.o: why Lincoln?

Me: I chose Lincoln over all because they have excellent course curriculum and are dedicated in training students the the basic and practical knowledge needed for them to be a professional in this field, and their weather over there is closer to that of Nigeria, it is about 23°c at this time of the year so it will be very easy for me to survive there

V.o: who is your sponsor

Me: my mum 

V.o: what does she do

Me: she is a business woman into oil and gas, she is the CEO of Nicon filling station with 3 filling stations. 1 in Ondo town and the remaining two in Akure city

V.o: do you have her statement

Me: yes I do, here they are.

V.o: I'll be holding on your passport take this white paper pick your passport where circled here. 

Boom naso I run joyfully go house  

please gurus hemme screen the transcript

TBH, if I was a VO, I won't approve you based on this script.

You'll need to improve your responses on the following questions;

1. What's your study plan
2. About the course
3. Why this school

Do keep your answers short and direct. Your job is not to mesmerize the VO, but to prove within minutes that you are a genuine student who has the wherewithal to undertake foreign studies and would promptly return to the country, without posing incumbrances during or after your study.

Lastly, the bolded is not a good way to begin a conversation. I won't advice that.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.