Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (799701 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
First of all, how old are you?
abnoble:
Good evening to everyone in the house....pls I want to know if anytin can be done to my case, last year to be precise I was introduced to one agent who I was told was gud at processing us visa, so along the line he told me not to worry that once his done with everything he will contact me. So he called me after some days dat he has applied 4 me (B1B2 visa) and that am going to act as a banker and claim that am an accountant.......because that was what he filed on the form.....i was like but am an engineer why we you ask me to say what am not...so to cut the long story short I oblige, on the day of the interview I was denied the visa....thereafter I was told that anytin I filled at 1st cannot be change should I want to reapply..i was shocked....i reappllied again dat same last year...was denied also....so I lost hope of going again....recently I came across this group and I realized what I have missed.....but am thinking of reappling and I want to be real.....dont no if I should go ahead so I decided to seek for advise from this great platform....i will be glad to hear from you all.....thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
You're welcome!
[quote author=alibi499 post=71779889][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
100kobo:

TBH, if I was a VO, I won't approve you based on this script.

You'll need to improve your responses on the following questions;

1. What's your study plan
2. About the course
3. Why this school

Do keep your answers short and direct. Your job is not to mesmerize the VO, but to prove within minutes that you are a genuine student who has the wherewithal to undertake foreign studies and would promptly return to the country, without posing incumbrances during or after your study.

Lastly, the bolded is not a good way to begin a conversation. I won't advice that.

Haba!!! How did he mesmerize the VO pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
Baggiopreshy:
Am a Bsc holder. I was advised by a friend that if I go for masters the possibility of me getting visa would be slim, instead they prefare,i start from scratch. My intentions now is to apply for accounting course and all ready have got a university..... and so far so good scull gees would not be a problem and am using my waec result to apply. Am being skeptical now because of my age"26" and I don't know if am to old to go to usa embersy that am going for Bsc and secondly I just want to know how slim my chances of getting visa ... Am going for strictly schooling. And have got little traveling history cameroon Ghana and south africa. Please I need your advice please please please please I need to know my faith on were am driving at.

Are you being honest with your inquiries. I already smell immigrant intents from you.

Anyway, you approached us for an honest suggestion, and that would be that a graduate program would be your best bet. At 26, you could still be approved for an undergraduate program, but your chances of success are closer to 0 than 1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Yes, changing information on your application will complicate your case. So you have been pull on a very slippery road, and you have got to thread carefully. What I will say is, you can reapply for another visa category upon the information used in previous application. You have been misrepresented, and this has given you a profile that's not actually yours. Without lies, both red and whites--traveling agents will be out of their office. I am sure the guy mean well and wanted to package you like a professional in the eyes of the consular, but unfortunately that did not work in your case. Why? I have no idea! You did not seek out what he was doing for you, and so, this is your case now.

You have limited options: you either build an F1 application on the old information, or keep paying visa fee for B1 visa (with 50/50 chance), or you get this path for now. This is critical decision you must make. Sorry young man!

abnoble:
Good evening to everyone in the house....pls I want to know if anytin can be done to my case, last year to be precise I was introduced to one agent who I was told was gud at processing us visa, so along the line he told me not to worry that once his done with everything he will contact me. So he called me after some days dat he has applied 4 me (B1B2 visa) and that am going to act as a banker and claim that am an accountant.......because that was what he filed on the form.....i was like but am an engineer why we you ask me to say what am not...so to cut the long story short I oblige, on the day of the interview I was denied the visa....thereafter I was told that anytin I filled at 1st cannot be change should I want to reapply..i was shocked....i reappllied again dat same last year...was denied also....so I lost hope of going again....recently I came across this group and I realized what I have missed.....but am thinking of reappling and I want to be real.....dont no if I should go ahead so I decided to seek for advise from this great platform....i will be glad to hear from you all.....thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
"your chances of success are closer to 0 than 1" grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Very funny!
100kobo:

Are you being honest with your inquiries. I already smell immigrant intents from you.

Anyway, you approached us for an honest suggestion, and that would be that a graduate program would be your best bet. At 26, you could still be approved for an undergraduate program, but your chances of success are closer to 0 than 1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2018
abnoble:

I am not a fan of false identity otherwise called misrepresentation (under any guise). Legal luminaries will say that 'ignorance of the law is an an excuse'.

When next you are filling your application, keep it real and honest. Visa success is all about having a genuine application and conversation (interview). While attempting to fill a new DS form, do note that certain information should not easily change within a short time as doing so will raise a red flag. Give it some time, then you can go back.

You don't need to feel defeated already. Each interview is considered on it's own merit. Therefore, be prepared to make a solid case anytime you present yourself for interview.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4peace4: 3:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
ritlala:

You are such a bitter fellow. Jealousy like you. Say the one you have na. You can not assist but u can condemn.
Thank God i didn't mention anyone when i made the
the post. This is evident that you are one of the half baked
graduates naija has produced hahaha lolzzz the truth is
bitter.Keyboard warrior keep arguing with your mb
#idiot......... (I'm out* drops mic*) grin
ritlala:

You are such a bitter fellow. Jealousy like you. Say the one you have na. You can not assist but u can condemn.
Thank God i didn't mention anyone when i made the
the post. This is evident that you are one of the half baked
graduates naija has produced hahaha lolzzz the truth is
bitter.Keyboard warrior keep arguing with your mb
#idiot......... (I'm out* drops mic*)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bellz000: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ayobami12345:
Anyone here who wants to pay for visa fee should contact me because I payed for my visa fee at GTB and I will not be needing it anymore and I wish to sell it because I need money.
This Is not possible cus it's your name and passport number that was used to pay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abnoble: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=fairheart post=71779974]First of all, how old are you?

Just completed 30 August.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2018
fairheart:
There have been students with funding that got rejected. Funding or not, is not one of those big deals that determine your interview outcome. List the 2 schools that accepted you during the interview. That is enough. You don try! Prepare for interview, and give strong points. Goodluck!

Thanks man,

The two Universities are Touro College and University System, New York City, and National University, San Diego CA. I have actually chosen Touro College because I feel it's a better College than National University.

My Uncle assisted me in paying for my SEVIS fee last two days through money order. Unfortunately I am yet to get any US Homeland security confirming, and mailing me my receipt. How does it go please? How do I get my receipt because I haven't heard from them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
lextube:
Hello all,

Please I have a question that's begging for answers.
I want to go for a Master's program during the spring admission in the U.S. I applied to 5 Universities, I got admission into 2 of the Universities, while 3 denied me admission. The 2 Universities I got admission into are private Universities with no funding.

I want to ask, is it possible for someone to get an f-1 visa with a form i-20 from a private University, even after being denied admission from other reputable Universities?

Starting with the schools' tuition fees, I hope you know that your sponsor's SOA must cover up the tuition fees before you can boldly convince the VO that you aren't a potential immigrant?

You may try to push for funding package, you wouldn't know what could come up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aytinto(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
Good day to all, Please i will like to ask a question about deferring admission. If i am able to secure admission and i have received my I20 for spring 2019 but i want to defer till Fall 2019. Do i pay for SEVIS before deferring or I can hold on and pay for SEVIS come 2019.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2018
LOGIN BACK TO WHERE YOU GENERATED THE COUPON YOU USED FOR THE PAYMENT. YOUR RECEIPT SHOULD BE THERE.
lextube:

Thanks man,

The two Universities are Touro College and University System, New York City, and National University, San Diego CA. I have actually chosen Touro College because I feel it's a better College than National University.

My Uncle assisted me in paying for my SEVIS fee last two days through money order. Unfortunately I am yet to get any US Homeland security confirming, and mailing me my receipt. How does it go please? How do I get my receipt because I haven't heard from them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2018
martAKINOLA:

V.o: good morning

Me: I'm good, how was your night

V.o: what's your study plan

Me: I'm going to Lincoln university to pursue my bachelors degree in sonogrpahy

V.o: tell me about this course 

Me: sonograpy is and aspect in diagnostic imaging that involves the use of ultrasound, it is used to view internal body structures like the kidney liver, muscles, the heart, feotus in a pregnant woman .

In the aspect of viewing the heart it is used to check the rate of blood flow to the heart and the aspect of pregnant women is to check if the feotus is in the right position and the condition of the feotus the breathing rate and the likes.

V.o what will this course do for you?

Me: with the look of things here in Nigeria, the course is very much alien to us the common one here is radiography, radiographers are still trying to improve their practice to sonography level. So with this course I've an upper hand in taking a sonography job in Gani faweyinmi diagnostic centre in ondo state

V.o: how many schools did you apply to?

Me: 3

V.o: name them

Me: Lincoln university, Cleveland state university and university of lowa

V.o: how many admits

Me: all

V.o: why Lincoln?

Me: I chose Lincoln over all because they have excellent course curriculum and are dedicated in training students the the basic and practical knowledge needed for them to be a professional in this field, and their weather over there is closer to that of Nigeria, it is about 23°c at this time of the year so it will be very easy for me to survive there

V.o: who is your sponsor

Me: my mum 

V.o: what does she do

Me: she is a business woman into oil and gas, she is the CEO of Nicon filling station with 3 filling stations. 1 in Ondo town and the remaining two in Akure city

V.o: do you have her statement

Me: yes I do, here they are.

V.o: I'll be holding on your passport take this white paper pick your passport where circled here. 

Boom naso I run joyfully go house  

please gurus hemme screen the transcript

To start with, I love the fact that you are bold enough to come up with this, but the truth is, you still have lots of work to do with your transcript before you even pay the visa fee. I am not a VO, but I have studied enough of both successful (issued visa) and unsuccessful (denied) transcripts, and I have seen the asymmetrical relationship between the two sides. Please, go to the first page of this thread, you will see a link to download both successful and failed transcripts, then, study both, and use them to develop a personalized transcript for yourself.

I recommend this to all those who are yet to come up with a Professionally styled transcript.

I love you all.
Gracias

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
WRITE A LETTER THAT YOU WANT TO DEFER TO YOUR SCHOOL. ASK THEM TO SEND UPDATED I-20 INDICATING YOU ARE ACCEPTED FOR FALL 2019. WHEN THE NEW I-20 ARRIVE, PAY YOUR SEVIS FEE.
aytinto:
Good day to all, Please i will like to ask a question about deferring admission. If i am able to secure admission and i have received my I20 for spring 2019 but i want to defer till Fall 2019. Do i pay for SEVIS before deferring or I can hold on and pay for SEVIS come 2019.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2018
4peace4:
Bros some first class are not typically an achievement especially those from private institutions. The real first class are those who graduated from a typical rigorus public institutions. A 2:1 and 2:2 holder from a public institution is better than a first class from all these private institutions in naija.
Fallacy! I never knew there is a real and fake 1st class. Dont make yourself feel good by down playing the achievement of others. What you wrote up there is BS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2018
100kobo:

TBH, if I was a VO, I won't approve you based on this script.

You'll need to improve your responses on the following questions;

1. What's your study plan
2. About the course
3. Why this school

Do keep your answers short and direct. Your job is not to mesmerize the VO, but to prove within minutes that you are a genuine student who has the wherewithal to undertake foreign studies and would promptly return to the country, without posing incumbrances during or after your study.

Lastly, the bolded is not a good way to begin a conversation. I won't advice that.
thanks brov. I'll work on that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2018
aytinto:

Payment for SEVIS fee is valid for 1 year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aytinto(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
okay. thank you
fairheart:
WRITE A LETTER THAT YOU WANT TO DEFER TO YOUR SCHOOL. ASK THEM TO SEND UPDATED I-20 INDICATING YOU ARE ACCEPTED FOR FALL 2019. WHEN THE NEW I-20 ARRIVE, PAY YOUR SEVIS FEE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aytinto(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thank you.
100kobo:

Payment for SEVIS fee is valid for 1 year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
aytinto:

hold on and pay after getting the deferred i-20 come 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2018
Rytefish:

To start with, I love the fact that you are bold enough to come up with this, but the truth is, you still have lots of work to do with your transcript before you even pay the visa fee. I am not a VO, but I have studied enough of both successful (issued visa) and unsuccessful (denied) transcripts, and I have seen the asymmetrical relationship between the two sides. Please, go to the first page of this thread, you will see a link to download both successful and failed transcripts, then, study both, and use them to develop a personalized transcript for yourself.

I recommend this to all those who are yet to come up with a Professionally styled transcript.

I love you all.
Gracias

Thanks much , I appreciate.
I will do just that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
Rytefish:

Starting with the schools' tuition fees, I hope you know that your sponsor's SOA must cover up the tuition fees before you can boldly convince the VO that you aren't a potential immigrant?

You may try to push for funding package, you wouldn't know what could come up.

The school's are private Universities, and I don't know how to push for funding.

About the statement of account, that reminds me, the SOA in getting the admission is not going to be the SOA I plan to use for the interview. Do you think it's ok, or do it may cause problem for me? Of course the SOA covers the tuition and accommodation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oma226: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2018
Good Evening NL, I'm 22 years old with a bachelor degree in Geology. I've decided to go for another degree in Computer Science and I was offered admission. I've been refused a B1/B2 visa before together with my parent but when they decided to go without me, they were issued a VISA. They both travelled together, my dad stayed in the US and my mom came back to Nigeria. She has been travelling back and forth until recently when she was invited for reinterview about my dad and her VISA was revoked and was told to reapply on her own. Now I'm filling my DS-160 and there's a field about the information of my father which asked if he's in the US. Right now I filled it as YES and stated is Legal Status as Non-immigrant. I just want to know if it's the right thing to do and it won't blow back on my face. Moreso, my mom will be covering all financial expenses.
Any other information you feel I should know would be much appreciated also.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
Stevester4620:
Good morning house, am new and am planning my study visa to USA. I made a first class degree here in Nigeria. Am 21years, please I needed some help.

You didn't state what course .... congrats. I would say the first step is to take either GRE or GMAT which will help with funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
Stevester4620:
Good morning house, am new and am planning my study visa to USA. I made a first class degree here in Nigeria. Am 21years, please I needed some help.

Great! Would you want to share more about your profile for people to make suggestions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
4peace4:
Bros some first class are not typically an achievement especially those from private institutions. The real first class are those who graduated from a typical rigorus public institutions. A 2:1 and 2:2 holder from a public institution is better than a first class from all these private institutions in naija.

Why this much bitterness over someone else's achievement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4peace4: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
femi312:
Fallacy! I never knew there is a real and fake 1st class. Dont make yourself feel good by down playing the achievement of others. What you wrote up there is BS.
Reality! now that you are well informed and has pampered yourself from the post that made you felt bad to good, take a walk!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4peace4: 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
GboyegaD:

Why this much bitterness over someone else's achievement?
Bitterness? jokes on you smh....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.