Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797790 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hwfwl: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2018
npmi:
I want to read successful October transcripts.
Pls are admission letters for spring 2019 coming out already from US schools. Or it's till November ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hwfwl: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2018
Pls HAVE US schools started sending out admissions letters for spring 2019.
Can one still get admissions for 2019 spring by November?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2018
There's no need to lie. The truth shall set you free.
If your sister is your true sponsor, go for your interview with all confidence and answer all questions asked of you. As long as you can explain why your sister chose to sponsor you even in your married state, you should be fine.
alibi499:
Hello gurus! Please I used my sister as my sponsor to get my i-20, can this count against me during my visa interview considering the fact that am married?.
If yes can I change my sponsor before the interview, and I hope this won't have a negative effect.

Your advice please, I don't won't to fall victim...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by angelajuni(f): 11:49am On Oct 11, 2018
hwfwl:

Pls are admission letters for spring 2019 coming out already from US schools. Or it's till November ?

looolz....people are already getting visas for spring 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dk2baba(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
Help help !!!! guys my interview is next month Ashland university in Ohio hope it's not. Red flag uni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
dk2baba:
Help help !!!! guys my interview is next month Ashland university in Ohio hope it's not. Red flag uni

A Consul Officer would be in the best position to answer this. In their stead, what we do here is to offer credible suggestions based on experiences.

If you are a genuine student and truly applied to Ashland Uni for your studies, then your business is to go to the embassy and make a very good case for yourself. You should be approved.

However, there is another life after studies. And this is where a good choice of school matters. Whilst some schools will assist you on the journey to the top albeit with a price, some others will also take you to the top but you'll grind it out. You're free to choose, but you're not free from the products of your choices.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
100kobo:

A Consul Officer would be in the best position to answer this. In their stead, what we do here is to offer credible suggestions based on experiences.

If you are a genuine student and truly applied to Ashland Uni for your studies, then your business is to go to the embassy and make a very good case for yourself. You should be approved.

However, there is another life after studies. And this is where a good choice of school matters. Whilst some schools will assist you on the journey to the top albeit with a price, some others will also take you to the top but you'll grind it out. You're free to choose, but you're not free from the products of your choices.

Love this

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
GboyegaD:

This is a tough decision and I can only hope that whoever interviews you will be objective enough regarding your application. Is it possible for you to get a graduate admission instead?
i think you just did the best thing u had to do cos had it been u told lies,they have all the details with them so it is of no use to tell lies,just go ahead n pray to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
oma226:
Good Evening NL, I'm 22 years old with a bachelor degree in Geology. I've decided to go for another degree in Computer Science and I was offered admission. I've been refused a B1/B2 visa before together with my parent but when they decided to go without me, they were issued a VISA. They both travelled together, my dad stayed in the US and my mom came back to Nigeria. She has been travelling back and forth until recently when she was invited for reinterview about my dad and her VISA was revoked and was told to reapply on her own. Now I'm filling my DS-160 and there's a field about the information of my father which asked if he's in the US. Right now I filled it as YES and stated is Legal Status as Non-immigrant. I just want to know if it's the right thing to do and it won't blow back on my face. Moreso, my mom will be covering all financial expenses.
Any other information you feel I should know would be much appreciated also.
Thanks
i think you just did the best thing u had to do cos had it been u told lies,they have all the details with them so it is of no use to tell lies,just go ahead n pray to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
Are there any bank that give out loans? For study
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by anfanio: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
oma226:
Good Evening NL, I'm 22 years old with a bachelor degree in Geology. I've decided to go for another degree in Computer Science and I was offered admission. I've been refused a B1/B2 visa before together with my parent but when they decided to go without me, they were issued a VISA. They both travelled together, my dad stayed in the US and my mom came back to Nigeria. She has been travelling back and forth until recently when she was invited for reinterview about my dad and her VISA was revoked and was told to reapply on her own. Now I'm filling my DS-160 and there's a field about the information of my father which asked if he's in the US. Right now I filled it as YES and stated is Legal Status as Non-immigrant. I just want to know if it's the right thing to do and it won't blow back on my face. Moreso, my mom will be covering all financial expenses.
Any other information you feel I should know would be much appreciated also.
Thanks

Call your Dad to confirm his residency status, because he's over there does not mean 'legal'. Your answer becomes a lie if he's not legal resident. Your moms' visa was revoked because of your dad staying behind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hwfwl: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
angelajuni:

looolz....people are already getting visas for spring 2019
Thanks, my admission is not out yet and am starting to get worried. I thought I could wait a bit.
I'll put other plans into motion then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
hwfwl:

Thanks, my admission is not out yet and am starting to get worried. I thought I could wait a bit.
I'll put other plans into motion then.

Many schools haven’t released their admission decision for spring 2019, so don’t be worried. You are not alone

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hi Danielaz5 i want to get in touch with you, can i send a PM?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hwfwl: 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2018
Humble11:

Many schools haven’t released their admission decision for spring 2019, so don’t be worried. You are not
alone
Thanks. Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by leonard20147: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2018
Please who is going for an interview next month? Please I need a partner, maybe we can share some ideas together... PM me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
100kobo:

Amazing bro. God bless you real good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Baggiopreshy: 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
Gurus please I would love to know the general amount I would use, from when am giving admission to when I will be going for an interview. Please excluding the statement of account,just the processing fees for MSc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalondon: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
dotmanxp:
Good morning guys, i am just about to start my application process from scratch. How do i register for GRE?

Good day i think both of us are in the same shoes. Please can we help each other by sharing information and updating each other. We could start by mailing each other. Can you let me have your email address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
100kobo:

Is enrolling at a private university not a good choice ? Let's say UIndy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2018
Godchangemylife:

Is enrolling at a private university not a good choice ? Let's say UIndy

The emphasis is on ranked universities. It doesn't matter if it Private or Public. Even the 'almighty' Harvard is a Private university.

Whatever school you decide for has a way of shaping your future and making the transition smoother. Choose wisely!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
100kobo:

The emphasis is on ranked universities. It doesn't matter if it Private or Public. Even the 'almighty' Harvard is a Private university.

Whatever school you decide for has a way of shaping your future and making the transition smoother. Choose wisely!
Oh, thanks i understand better now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nelronaldo(m): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2018
Good day house, please I am applying to a school and they require my immunization record before making an admission decision. I submitted the record i have but they rejected it and said i should please submit a record that shows immunization from MMR (Measles, mumps and Rubella). Please how do i get this sorted?

Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, happyday, 100kobo, GboyegaD, Godchangemylife, pastor Walspring and other gurus here....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ardedaryor(m): 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
Afolabi6046:
Hello Ardedaryor, do you still use Nairaland? I need to speak with you.

Yeah willing to help shoot me a email oyaleked at yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
Robert6708:
It’s kinda funny coz I just noticed most people that give advice about what’s going on in the US on this thread are those guys living somewhere in Lagos. Went to the profiles of lots of the ‘gurus’ here and it so happened that they’re still Somewhere in Naija. I thought to be able to advise, you should have a clear idea (from experience) about what you’re advising on... this is indeed a faceless forum. Bottom line, know who you take advice from. Some people have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about on here. And most times, what you’re looking for is something a google search will give u, and even more.

Do you expect everyone to update their locations? I think it is usually about preference.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
nelronaldo:
Good day house, please I am applying to a school and they require my immunization record before making an admission decision. I submitted the record i have but they rejected it and said i should please submit a record that shows immunization from MMR (Measles, mumps and Rubella). Please how do i get this sorted?

Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, happyday, 100kobo, GboyegaD, Godchangemylife, pastor Walspring and other gurus here....

Have you tried checking with the hospitals you got those immunizations if they still have the records? Truth is I do not know how they work so you may walk into a good hospital around you to get more information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
Flaame:

I am not sure you quoted the right person but I hope he or she gets to read your post and pick the information you are passing from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
Ndkings1:

Good day all,
I have gone through the previous pages for about 2 days now but don't seem to get the answer to my questions.

I would like to do M.sc. I have 2.2 in animal and environmental biology otherwise known as zoology with GPA of 2.8 in the USA
But in need of vital information to make this dream a reality.
1. What are the required exams to write ;
Sat, TOEFL, GRE ?
2. How do one search for schools in the USA, website , scholarships?
3. How do I evaluate my NeCO result on WES platform?
4. Visa Application process
I would really appreciate it, if the gurus in the house can shed more light.
"A journey you don't adequately prepare for, you can't arrive at the assigned destination on time"
Best Regard

For graduate studies in Sciences, the standardized examination required is GRE. For funding purpose, most schools will require a Language test score.
A good way to search for programs might be to start with www.usnews.com. Another good site to follow up to know when schools start making admission decision and sometimes to judge how competitive you may be for your program of choice is to use www.thegradecafe.com and navigate to your program of choice.
Evaluating your credentials depends on what school(s) you are applying to. Not every school requires this since some of them have in house evaluators that does evaluation on international credentials.
Lastly, on visa application process, you might want to follow this thread and learn what the next step is and how to prepare for interviews.
Above all, I wish you the best in your academic pursuit.

It seems no one wants to answer me

I guess many might have skipped it unintentionally.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2018
Robert6708:

You know I was going to type a long and bad ass savage response to compliment u for ur inability to get the point. But there’s no need. I get your own point though. #peace

Did you come on the thread to gather information to help your processing or you came to cast aspersions? Remember, it is not necessary you take to anything you read on here and there are many who get their visa without visiting the thread. Whatever information you think is valuable, use it and whatever you think is not, disregard it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
hybeenoni:
Good everyone and I appreciate the way you respond to different questions asked here, I have a troubling issue on my mind and would appreciate your kind response.

Graduated since 2011 and since jobs was not forthcoming, had to resort to personal hustling to keep body and soul together.

Now issue is this, plan to go for a graduate program in US and already written the gre, though didn't hit my target score but the score is sufficient to get me admission and funding in US

Now I'm worried on how to answer the question ' what have you been doing since you graduate? '

Does replying that teaching mathematics is enough?
Will applying for and getting admission for a PhD Mathematics cover me in this regards or just MSc admission with funding be enough?

I'm really worried.
Thanks in anticipation

I would say you are fine with your response. Just try find a good program with funding for your degree of choice and you are good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by marquitta: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
Good
Abacino007:

Congratulations!
Did you receive any funding from the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by adespecial: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
Good evening house, please I will like to know which type of visa is needed for a 3 months summer school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.