Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795751 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 6:03am On Oct 14, 2018
Emmalondon:

GboyegaD i really want to thank you for your answer to this question from Ndkings because while answering his question you have also addressed some of my own questions too. At least now i know that i need to go for the GRE exams asap.

However in my own case i graduated with a 3rd class in Electrical engineering. Please i need to know if there is anything i need to do differently in my own case. I just hope my 3rd class won't be a hindrance for me or is there anything extra you think i need to know or do.

Do you have some work experience in your field? I will suggest you reach out to a few graduate program director to get feelers on which schools will likely co sided you and which wouldn't.
More so, you may need very good scores on the GRE coupled with a great statement of purpose to cover up for your grades.
Lastly, you might want to consider schools that are not too competitive for your field.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 7:49am On Oct 14, 2018
As in What are you saying sef that is totori(ing)You in your body. Remember, it's not a must you comment on the forum.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in his advise.
Most people see those V.Os as demi god whereby they begin to fidget before appearing before them.
But when you have it in your subconscious that they are mere civil servants doing their job or YES,
see them as nobody. Seeing them as nobody perhaps will raise your level of confidence while you're having a chat with them. It's a good strategy that works most times.
Emmalondon:

How can you advise someone to see a fellow human as inferior or as a nobody all in the name of building confidence? Please this is not a good advise at all. There are many other practical but positive ways to build confidence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oladiran2(m): 8:14am On Oct 14, 2018
this is a new drafted one after your review sir.
thanks for your time.

Urbanization and an explosive population growth in Nigeria have led to a reduction in land area available for farming. Nigeria`s population is currently estimated to be 195 million as at October 7th 2018 from the United Nations estimate www.worldometers.info/world-population/nigeria-population/. This clearly shows that within just 2years where the population stood at 185 million in 2016 there has been an increase by 10million. This is a mandatory reason to improve on the agricultural sector of the country as the land area available for farming are drastically reducing as effect to the population growth. The solutions to averting food shortage and sharp increase in the cost of food crops in the next 10years are research in crops of more yields, breeding new varieties with disease resistance, and more effective farming system through land maximization.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Plant Physiology and Crop Production from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. My final year project topic was on the effect of different inter-row spaces of (45cm, 60cm, 75cm and 90cm) by 25cm on the growth and yield of maize. I was able to conclude at the end of the project and analyzed data collected on a new spacing of 60cm by 25cm which has good weed management through effective canopy formations and thus reduction in labor cost on weeding, land maximization, more plant density, more yield against the already known 75cm by 25cm by the Nigerian farmers.
My passion for farming and agriculture made me have almost 4 years of active full field post-graduation experience. I have worked on different varieties of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, melons, peanuts (ground nut), maize (corn), soya beans and other crops to mention few in a large commercial farm (El-Amin Integrated Farms) as the senior agronomist. I also consult for other farms facing one challenge to another in their production like in raising seedlings for productions, crop protection and nutrition. The farm I am currently working had to make my consulting a permanent job when I was able to resolve their nursery issues which had marred their production and market supplies and was impressed.
I chose to do my masters in agronomy at Kansas state university been one of the best university in agriculture and research. My acceptance for the program which when completed would help me to meet my career goals with the help of its highly recognized lecturers. I will impact the knowledge gained to improve the Nigeria`s agricultural sector as my thesis would be focusing on cropping systems, production and identification of top performing crops such as corn, soya bean, peanut. These crops are the most common crops used as raw materials for finished products by Nigerian companies, everyday crops for food and source of little income by the rural farmers. I will be hoping to work with international organizations like the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), seed companies and the likes working hard to reduce poverty and famines in developed and developing countries who request masters` degree in agricultural programs as part of their requirements before been considered for employment where I can impact globally and nationally.
Thank you for your consideration.

Superbrain:

My overall feedback

1. Keep your sentences short and to the point. What is the message you want a reader to take from your statement?
2. Avoid same words in the same sentence.
3. Go with a structure- You can use the outline below (sometimes, the school defines what they are seeking in an SOP)
- First Paragraph: Problem Statement and Interest in providing solution
- Second Paragraph: Background, experience and relevant project work. Focus on relevance
- Third Paragraph: Why this particular school? Why this particular course? What do you hope to learn and leverage? What are your research interests?
- Fourth Paragraph: What will be the added value of your degree once completed? Link this back to the problem statement and define how you will be able to contribute meaningfully with your added knowledge.
4. Articulate your statements to be precise. Avoid long windy sentences that are not precise.
5. Use a full stop (.) to end your sentence.

Writing a great SOP takes time. Put in the required effort (time is crucial) and if you want feedback, I will be more than happy to review another draft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 8:35am On Oct 14, 2018
Good morning everyone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2018
Emmalondon:

How can you advise someone to see a fellow human as inferior or as a nobody all in the name of building confidence? Please this is not a good advise at all. There are many other practical but positive ways to build confidence.
hmmmmm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalondon: 11:15am On Oct 14, 2018
GboyegaD:

Do you have some work experience in your field? I will suggest you reach out to a few graduate program director to get feelers on which schools will likely co sided you and which wouldn't.
More so, you may need very good scores on the GRE coupled with a great statement of purpose to cover up for your grades.
Lastly, you might want to consider schools that are not too competitive for your field.

No i don't have work experience in my field. I just finished my NYSC in July this year. You said i should reach out to some graduate program directors on schools that may likely consider me. Please how do i go about this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hello house, I applied for my transcript to be evaluated by ECE last month; however, there is a problem: Admission application into the school i am applying to ends on the 30th of October, so i needed to evaluate my transcript urgently. The University i attended are saying they have not had light for one month and their generator is bad, so nothing can be done at the moment. So my chances of meeting the school's deadline even with ECE is getting slimmer by the day.

The reason i didn't consider WES is because i am currently evaluating my transcript for immigration with WES, so i have to wait till they are done with that on the 23rd of October (7 days to the school's deadline) before proceeding with the school evaluation. Also WES customer care agents couldn't tell me if my transcript will be verified during the education evaluation. Some of their customer care agents said the education evaluation will take just 7 days because it won't be verified since my documents used for immigration (which are the same i will use for the education) have already been verified; some said they may have to verify; other agents said they will still have to verify for the US evaluation.
Now I am planning on calling the university tomorrow and if the power issue hasn't been resolved, i will cancel my application with ECE and take a risk with WES, hoping they don't verify again.
I will appreciate if anyone who has evaluated a transcript with WES twice can confirm if they verified the second time or If i should just stick with ECE and continue to hope the school fix their power issue soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Emmalondon:

No i don't have work experience in my field. I just finished my NYSC in July this year. You said i should reach out to some graduate program directors on schools that may likely consider me. Please how do i go about this?

Read up more on the different schools offering your program of choice, read through how you think you have strength for the program and write out to the graduate director of such programs. For instance, lets say among your grades, you did fairly well in mechanics because you understood and like the course, then focus on schools that do much work in mechanics. Write to the graduate director and be as open as you can. If you had better grades in the latter part of your program, you could write in such a way that your earlier poor grades were due to teenage exuberance and show how over the years you have improved on yourself.
Sincerely, it is going to be challenging but I am sure you will be happy you went through the process as it helps strengthen your resolve even in the face of the challenges you may encounter during the process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2018
Emmalondon:

Lasthero please can i pm you?

Sure.
But you can also ask your question here so that others can learn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalondon: 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
GboyegaD:

Read up more on the different schools offering your program of choice, read through how you think you have strength for the program and write out to the graduate director of such programs. For instance, lets say among your grades, you did fairly well in mechanics because you understood and like the course, then focus on schools that do much work in mechanics. Write to the graduate director and be as open as you can. If you had better grades in the latter part of your program, you could write in such a way that your earlier poor grades were due to teenage exuberance and show how over the years you have improved on yourself.
Sincerely, it is going to be challenging but I am sure you will be happy you went through the process as it helps strengthen your resolve even in the face of the challenges you may encounter during the process.

Can i go ahead and do what you've just said without my GRE and statement of purpose or do i need to get my GRE and SOP first before i commence??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
Emmalondon:

Can i go ahead and do what you've just said without my GRE and statement of purpose or do i need to get my GRE and SOP first before i commence??
Oga making enquiry is free of charge
Just shoot a mail to the graduate director or coordinator of your program in any of ur choice sch.
Ask them anything, they will gladly reply you
And by doing this you get firs hand information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oladiran2(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
Still waiting on your review
oladiran2:
this is a new drafted one after your review sir.
thanks for your time.

Urbanization and an explosive population growth in Nigeria have led to a reduction in land area available for farming. Nigeria`s population is currently estimated to be 195 million as at October 7th 2018 from the United Nations estimate www.worldometers.info/world-population/nigeria-population/. This clearly shows that within just 2years where the population stood at 185 million in 2016 there has been an increase by 10million. This is a mandatory reason to improve on the agricultural sector of the country as the land area available for farming are drastically reducing as effect to the population growth. The solutions to averting food shortage and sharp increase in the cost of food crops in the next 10years are research in crops of more yields, breeding new varieties with disease resistance, and more effective farming system through land maximization.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Plant Physiology and Crop Production from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. My final year project topic was on the effect of different inter-row spaces of (45cm, 60cm, 75cm and 90cm) by 25cm on the growth and yield of maize. I was able to conclude at the end of the project and analyzed data collected on a new spacing of 60cm by 25cm which has good weed management through effective canopy formations and thus reduction in labor cost on weeding, land maximization, more plant density, more yield against the already known 75cm by 25cm by the Nigerian farmers.
My passion for farming and agriculture made me have almost 4 years of active full field post-graduation experience. I have worked on different varieties of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, melons, peanuts (ground nut), maize (corn), soya beans and other crops to mention few in a large commercial farm (El-Amin Integrated Farms) as the senior agronomist. I also consult for other farms facing one challenge to another in their production like in raising seedlings for productions, crop protection and nutrition. The farm I am currently working had to make my consulting a permanent job when I was able to resolve their nursery issues which had marred their production and market supplies and was impressed.
I chose to do my masters in agronomy at Kansas state university been one of the best university in agriculture and research. My acceptance for the program which when completed would help me to meet my career goals with the help of its highly recognized lecturers. I will impact the knowledge gained to improve the Nigeria`s agricultural sector as my thesis would be focusing on cropping systems, production and identification of top performing crops such as corn, soya bean, peanut. These crops are the most common crops used as raw materials for finished products by Nigerian companies, everyday crops for food and source of little income by the rural farmers. I will be hoping to work with international organizations like the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), seed companies and the likes working hard to reduce poverty and famines in developed and developing countries who request masters` degree in agricultural programs as part of their requirements before been considered for employment where I can impact globally and nationally.
Thank you for your consideration.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
Emmalondon:

Sure you can start engaging from now. Just make sure your e-mail is clear, well detailed, and concise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
i just got my brothers admission letter and 1-20,the school resumes on the january 9th,what is the next step to get him an appointment at the lagos embassy and how much is the visa fee??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Superbrain(m): 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
boyestic:
i just got my brothers admission letter and 1-20,the school resumes on the january 9th,what is the next step to get him an appointment at the lagos embassy and how much is the visa fee??

Pay the SEVIS fee and book your visa interview appointment at the Embassy. I advise you book immediately as dates are filling up quickly.

For visa appointment, got to www.ustraveldocs.com to book.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
[quote author=Superbrain post=72085845]

Pay the SEVIS fee and book your visa interview appointment at the Embassy. I advise you book immediately as dates are filling up quickly.

For visa appointment, got to www.ustraveldocs.com to book. [/ you will not lack any good thing,thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Superbrain(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
oladiran2:
Still waiting on your review

I have provided the final review via email. Goodluck with your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
Please, is it advisable to go to the embassy with documents of approved student loan? What type of questions should i be expecting if its acceptable? Please guys, i need your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Superbrain(m): 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Bunmip:
Please, is it advisable to go to the embassy with documents of approved student loan? What type of questions should i be expecting if its acceptable? Please guys, i need your reply.

This may depend on the type of student loan. I know folks who took a loan from Prodigy and were granted visas. The more credible your loan provider, the better for you.

You should be able to answer any questions on the source of the loan, how much it covers from your expected tuition/living costs and how you intend to repay it after your studies.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by spankyflex(m): 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
hi guys,pls can I do the waec verification at waec state office or must it be at the headquarters in Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
Yureyes:
Hello house, I applied for my transcript to be evaluated by ECE last month; however, there is a problem:
I will appreciate if anyone who has evaluated a transcript with WES twice can confirm if they verified the second time or If i should just stick with ECE and continue to hope the school fix their power issue soon.

I may be able to give you some advice based on a similar dealing with WES. It's possible to evaluate your transcript with WES USA if your documents have already been verified by WES Canada (I'm assuming that it was with WES Canada that you did the evaluation for immigration purposes). If that is the case, you will have to create a new (separate) account for WES USA, fill the request for a course by course evaluation, and then pay the fee. After that, you will send an email to WES Canada informing them that you want to transfer your verified documents to your WES USA account. Make sure you state both your WES USA and WES Canada account numbers in the email. Typically, they should respond to you in a week, but to make things faster, call WES Canada the next working day after you sent your email and notify them of your request and the email that you sent. Within a week, your verified documents will be transferred from your WES Canada account to your WES USA account and evaluation will commence and be completed (another 5-7 days). To speed up the process, you will have to call WES Canada frequently so they can transfer your verified documents. Hope this helps.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CapitoneMax(m): 12:28am On Oct 15, 2018
@yureyes....this here us your answer.
I can confirm from experience its genuineness
Timotee:

I may be able to give you some advice based on a similar dealing with WES. It's possible to evaluate your transcript with WES USA if your documents have already been verified by WES Canada (I'm assuming that it was with WES Canada that you did the evaluation for immigration purposes). If that is the case, you will have to create a new (separate) account for WES USA, fill the request for a course by course evaluation, and then pay the fee. After that, you will send an email to WES Canada informing them that you want to transfer your verified documents to your WES USA account. Make sure you state both your WES USA and WES Canada account numbers in the email. Typically, they should respond to you in a week, but to make things faster, call WES Canada the next working day after you sent your email and notify them of your request and the email that you sent. Within a week, your verified documents will be transferred from your WES Canada account to your WES USA account and evaluation will commence and be completed (another 5-7 days). To speed up the process, you will have to call WES Canada frequently so they can transfer your verified documents. Hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2018
If I am asked why did I apply to the universities, what will be my response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 15, 2018
npmi:
Answer the question yourself then put it here for amendment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2018
Am I the only one seeing this or is the earliest appointment for everyone tomorrow oct 12? For those in dire need of early dates you can check to confirm and take advantage
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RoastedCorn(m): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2018
If you got undergraduate admission into a US or Canadian university on a full ride scholarship. Please quote this post abeg. Na beg I dey beg you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2018
CapitoneMax:
@yureyes....this here us your answer.
I can confirm from experience its genuineness
Thank you very much. I will just cancel my application with ECE and do WES. But I have to go to Yaba to get my
WAEC result sent to WES.
Please do you know how long it takes for WAEC to send result to WES? And what are the procedures? What are the documents I should take to WAEC office?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2018
Timotee:

Thanks a lot bro... I should work on sending my WAEC result to WES now. Any info about this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2018
npmi:

Only you know why you choose these universities

Also might be best to find the Dropbox for previous transcript and go over it . You definitely will learn a thing or two
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Timmypaul: 11:11am On Oct 15, 2018
House pls I need someone from Troy university Alabama. your response will be much appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 2shywayne1: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2018
Hello.please I just got admitted for a nursing degree into Baltimore city college Maryland, and I'd be applying for my F1 visa,please does anyone has Dropbox for previous transcript so I could just go over ?....I'd appreciate from anyone....Thanks in addy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alibi499: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2018
Any western Illinois university online? Let us connect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.