Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,601 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (453772 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 10:58pm On May 31, 2020
Senior or mama mamaroon your motivation is
Mad oooo.....
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 01, 2020
Ozzygbam:

Bonjour a tous. I need your help o
Someone suggested going to a french speaking country like Bénin for proper immersion in the language, my problem now is I don’t know of any good school over there in Cotonou

I would be glad if someone can recommend a good one for me
Thanks

Found this using search bar. Not sure if they are still operating.

https://www.nairaland.com/5420357/french-language-immersion-cotonou-republic#82288361

I think Scard or Babiechic also spent some time in Cotonou.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Mamaroon:

Found this using search bar. Not sure if they are still operating.

https://www.nairaland.com/5420357/french-language-immersion-cotonou-republic#82288361

I think Scard or Babiechic also spent some time in Cotonou.

Thanks a lot mamaroon
I really do appreciate but how do I get in touch with Scard or Babiechic?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Kennyyo:
I'm actually looking at October for both TEF and TCF in Lome and possibly two weeks mini immersion before the exam dates.

Please oya kennyyo, did u finally go to Bénin (Cotonou)?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
njbybrthnly:
grin grin grin grin

Mamaroon I want to be like you when I grow up...so you can still laugh? I can imagine how you must be feeling now but it's well...delay is not denial...no need to worry.

In other news, this CRS matter is not funny. I'm also having high bp for the matter as my siblings have also started this immigration waka. In all things, we rely on God

Dear Mamaroon, no mata how old this msg is, it is still very funny to me
I’m also dreaming of a white Christmas someday too
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Google63:

No I've not been practicing with it, I just write normally for now. I'll start soon though.

Uncle/aunts google63 pls I PMed you, can u pls reply?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
mariah203:

I mean that you should print out the test. I know most of the resources available are computer based but u can get some that u can print out on paper to work with while you listen to the audio... If you write in phc, your exam is going to be on paper and this will help...

Mariah thanks for sharing,
How do I get the paper based materials in order to prepare for TCF?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
Framaro:
I've sent you a pm

Me Framaro pls I just PMed you
I need info regarding that immersion program at Bénin
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
Purplestorm:
Hello guys, I would be started classes on Monday at AF. I'm so scared and hope this would favour me. I'm dedicating 8 months to a year to learning French and hopefully get through, I have absolutely no idea. I was going to prepare for TEF but from what I just read I would focus on TCF. Please I'm open to advise. Please forgive me because I seem to be everywhere. I'm just anxious and looking for reassurance.

Same here o
Pls you pple should help your little sister
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
IronFist:

Self-imposed immersion: Changed my phone language to French, listened to only French News (TV & Radio), tried as much to avoid lengthy English Conversations and stick to Francophone Nigerians as chat buddies.

Use of Past Questions found online

One thing I left out in my latest attempt, which cost me dearly, was Practice of reading and writing Faits Divers as well as listening tests as found in 250 activities.

Bonne chance as you prepare

I had earlier tried to upload some documents I found useful, but I got a restriction. I've been banned by the SpamBot twice.

Oga ironfist pls can you share the materials with me?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 2:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
Enculer, i don’t mind the table o
Help a sister grin

Enculer:

That is great. How are you finding the golden 85 texts?
I have it all arranged in a table form if you want.

I am working on fait divers tomorrow.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Uncle kennyyo pls reply me na

Kennyyo:
I always forget to come here. But I have learned a few things from this thread every time I take a look.

Finally registered for TEF after shifting the dates like 3 times from April to July to September. I was going to even shift to November cos I always felt I'm not ready. I'm off to Lome on Monday for two weeks before the exams on 26th. I should write TCF to in between.

Wish me luck on my adventure. Thanks everyone.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
Reply me please

Kennyyo:
TEF passe à Lomé samedi le 26 octobre, 2019.

CO: Benin, aide scolaire
CE: biere verte, patheons Haiti, un nouveau logiciel, les chauffeurs, and others.
EO: A. Call Train company to get information on their packages
B: Convince a friend to become a product tester.
EE. A. A 96yr old woman unfortunately had to sell her house.
B. Travels and holidays are worth more than certificates

Overall it was a nice experience. Had to drop the idea of TCF because the changed their dates.

For those who are already in B1/B2, just get on that Facebook page and get the link to those 85 past questions. I doubt there was any questions from both the CO and CE that I hadn't seen before. Although I didn't revise like 2 of the long texts and one of the long recordings for CO, but I had treated virtually every single question.

For the EO, practice speaking. It's not as difficult. The examiners were helpful with giving me confidence. Just keep practicing and don't stress too much.

I was thrown off balance by the EE. I struggled a bit. It's the only place I have a bit of fear. Though I try to ensure my grammar was correct but I didn't flow well.

Hopefully I can come back and share good news I'm another 4-6weeks.

Best of luck to us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 4:01pm On Jun 01, 2020
Uncle Fabguen i just PMed u

Fabguen:

You may want to look at page 40 of this thread.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
Pls send to me as well

Enculer:

Yes please download them. I think they come with off docs containing suggested solutions as well.

There are CO and CE questions there.

I can send you my word version of the CE I adapted and used for my CE.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
Pls o
I need a mentor

Enculer2:

Thanks a lot,

I know about the extra points have not simulated. I am looking at the news scores now.

I plan to simulate tonight to see how it pans out.

The main thing will be to work hard for the IELTS.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
I just PMed you grin

Beezus:

Send me a Pm
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ozzygbam: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
Kennyyo I’m interested in this too and any good recommended sch in Cotonou
Thanks

Grimmm:

Hi Kennyyo,

Please can you help with information on logistics such as Accommodation, location and cost. Preparatory classes. Did you take classes while you were in Lome? Did you register for the exam when you got there or before? I'd be glad for the information.

Thank you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ShoeShineGuy: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2020
Thanks, Mamaroon. I remember when I became active here on Nairaland all because of this immigration stuff and my first point of call was the FSW thread, I had seen your posts here and there and instantly knew you're such a great woman with a good heart! I can't thank enough you for all you do. Et vraiment, it amazes me the sort of energy and passion you put in at replying people's queries here and the sister thread, even when most of us are tired of doing so because questions involved are all repeated ones whose answers can be found on Page 1 and by research through the thread. I notice you're quite very intelligent too and obviously if age had been on your side, we would have read your PPR gist long before now. Hopefully, we'll get to celebrate you too soon, as we did with Stencil. Thank you once more, sis!
Mamaroon:
Learn French For Free with TV5......resources everywhere....no dulling guys....

https://apprendre.tv5monde.com/en

7 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by nerdymonk: 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please is there any center in Nigeria that offers computer based TEF? Do share if you know any, thanks.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by nerdymonk: 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
Is there any center that offers computer based TEF? Please do share if you know any. Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
ShoeShineGuy:
......if age had been on your side, we would have read your PPR gist long before now.

ShoeShine Baba! Thanks so much sir.....BUT.....if age had been on my side...I would have been a pompous pig. I would not have appreciated the mercy of God and how gracious He has been to me!

When I consider that my application is chilling in one visa office (after TEF haff show me who's da boss) my heart is filled with such gratitude!

There is a season and time for everything....our time in Nigeria is not wasted....

All the best!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kennyyo: 5:32am On Jun 05, 2020
Hey Sorry. I haven't been here in months. I went to Lome. The Benin guys were not responsive, they never responded to my emails...and havent still replied them.

If you have the time, it is good to do a bit of immersion when learning a language but i also think there are quite a lot of resources online and people you can ask to give you 15mins of their time on a daily basis to have conversation.

All the best.

Ozzygbam:

Please oya kennyyo, did u finally go to Bénin (Cotonou)?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kennyyo: 5:39am On Jun 05, 2020
Please check Caleb University.

sweetoma:
Hello guys, I just entered the express entry pool with CRS of 436, I don’t have masters I’m currrently searching for where I can enroll for a fast 1 year masters whether it is online from a foreign school. Can afford to spend like $5000 to $7000 at most. If you have any suggestions for school whether here and abroad please let me know. I’m also looking at writing TEF to increase my score. The alliance francaise here is closed because of covid so I’m learning with duo lingo please any helpful resources for learning will be appreciated. I was just laid off from my job because of this pandemic so right now this is my focus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ShoeShineGuy: 5:38am On Jun 06, 2020
Hmm.. Wise words as always! It will end in praise..
Mamaroon:

ShoeShine Baba! Thanks so much sir.....BUT.....if age had been on my side...I would have been a pompous pig. I would not have appreciated the mercy of God and how gracious He has been to me!

When I consider that my application is chilling in one visa office (after TEF haff show me who's da boss) my heart is filled with such gratitude!

There is a season and time for everything....our time in Nigeria is not wasted....
All the best!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma2803(f): 10:35am On Jun 09, 2020
Ozzygbam:

Same here o
Pls you pple should help your little sister

Please can anyone advice. I have a B1 in French, should I take TCF or TEF and why please .
Also can anyone add me to the group chat of any of these Exams . 09029861749.

Thank you .
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by thelma2803(f): 10:37am On Jun 09, 2020
Mummychichi:

Thanks guys. More grease to your elbows

Hello Please I just found this thread. Can you help with the resources.

Also which is advisable . TCF or TEF and reason please .
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Lavieestbelle: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2020
Hello Frenchie's! Please, anyone have an idea if Francais Alliance Lagos is reopened?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Lavieestbelle: 11:13am On Jun 09, 2020
gbens2000:

V u gotten someone or u r still looking for?

I'm really interested in this arrangement if you are still keen on it. Kindly reply.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
thelma2803:

Hello Please I just found this thread. Can you help with the resources.

Also which is advisable . TCF or TEF and reason please .

Hi thelma2803! All the answers you seek are detailed on the first page. From resources to TEF v TCF.

We are happy to answer any other questions that may come up after going through those.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (182) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.