Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,156 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

Water Spirit - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Water Spirit (811 Views)

Vengeance Of The Spirit Children / Emi(spirit): Lineage Of Gods / Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Water Spirit by malificent(f): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
I just decided to try this out. This is a rough draft. I dunno how good or bad it is but I'll really appreciate feedback. smiley

THE FIRST JOURNEY

I followed her as she led me along the narrow forest path, I paused and scanned the trail with my eyes, unsure about what I had set out to do but I knew it was what had to be done.

I took a step forward, my heart continuously beating fast in my chest I could feel it in my throat. I had heard stories and I had my fears too. I had to do this. Franklins voice echoed in my head "You have to do this, this is the only way to identify with your people". I shook my head, ran a hand over my scattered hair in a desperate attempt to smoothen it. The wind had been merciless. I picked up my pace.

We soon arrived at the edge of a small stream overrun with fetish looking objects. White chalks scattered everywhere, clay, calabashes with sugary things inside. I could make out fanta, popcorn, biscuits in some, white powder and eye pencils In the rest. I got to learn later that the sugary things were sacrifices for the appeasement of the ogbanje spirits, the feminine make up were for the mother goddess. The priestess was standing at the edge of the water looking in the horizon and muttering some unintelligible words. I stood there like the biblical sacrificial lamb, waiting for the next instruction, wishing to myself Franklin was near.

"Strip and change into this" she said handing me a white cloth, snapping me out of my thoughts. " Everything? " I ask, unsure of my wanting to get naked infront of this woman who I didn't know, "Everything " she says, proceeding to unload the contents of the basket she had been carrying on her head the whole way. I strip as I have been instructed, tying the white cloth as a wrapper and joining her at the edge of the water. The priestess moved further down the stream and beckoned on me to follow. The sacrifice had begun.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Spirit by excelmerry: 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
Continue..
Re: Water Spirit by souloho19(m): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
Honestly the words flow like a poem...especially the 2nd and 3rd paragraph, nice one..
As for me and my household we are following!

(1) (Reply)

Writers' Arena: Write And Get Paid / I Need A Reliable Virtual Assistant With Great Writing Skills / Write Articles And Get Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.