Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (18231 Views)

Interesting Message Or Heresy: Pst Chris Says Jesus Is No Longer The Way / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ikibeh(m): 8:45am On Jun 29, 2010
When someone tells me they want ‘proof’ or ‘evidence’, not the Bible, my response is as follows:

‘You might not believe the Bible but I do. And I believe it gives me the right basis to understand this universe and correctly interpret the facts around me. I’m going to give you some examples of how building my thinking on the Bible explains the world and is not contradicted by science. For instance, the Bible states that God made distinct kinds of animals and plants. Let me show you what happens when I build my thinking on this presupposition. I will illustrate how processes such as natural selection, genetic drift, etc. can be explained and interpreted. You will see how the science of genetics makes sense based upon the Bible.’

One can of course do this with numerous scientific examples, showing how the issue of sin and judgment, for example, is relevant to geology and fossil evidence. And how the Fall of man, with the subsequent Curse on creation, makes sense of the evidence of harmful mutations, violence, and death.

Once I’ve explained some of this in detail, I then continue:
‘Now let me ask you to defend your position concerning these matters. Please show me how your way of thinking, based on your beliefs, makes sense of the same evidence.

In arguing this way, a Christian is:

1. Using biblical presuppositions to build a way of thinking to interpret the evidence.

2. Showing that the Bible and science go hand in hand.

3. Challenging the presuppositions of the other person (many are unaware they have these).
Forcing the debater to logically defend his position consistent with science and his own presuppositions (many will find that they cannot do this).

4. Honouring the Word of God that convicts the soul.

Those of you like Harakiri and Tudor arguing against creation may not even be conscious of their most basic presupposition, one which excludes God a priori, namely naturalism/materialism (everything came from matter, there is no supernatural, no prior creative intelligence).2 The following two real-life examples highlight some problems with that assumption:

1. A young man approached me at a seminar and stated, ‘Well, I still believe in the big bang, and that we arrived here by chance random processes. I don’t believe in God.’ I answered him, ‘Well, then obviously your brain, and your thought processes, are also the product of randomness. So you don’t know whether it evolved the right way, or even what right would mean in that context. Young man, you don’t know if you’re making correct statements or even whether you’re asking me the right questions.’
The young man looked at me and blurted out, ‘What was that book you recommended?’ He finally realized that his belief undercut its own foundations—such ‘reasoning’ destroys the very basis for reason.

2. On another occasion, a man came to me after a seminar and said, ‘Actually, I’m an atheist. Because I don’t believe in God, I don’t believe in absolutes, so I recognize that I can’t even be sure of reality.’ I responded, ‘Then how do you know you’re really here making this statement?’ ‘Good point,’ he replied. ‘What point?’ I asked. The man looked at me, smiled, and said, ‘Maybe I should go home.’ I stated, ‘Maybe it won’t be there.’ ‘Good point,’ the man said. ‘What point?’ I replied.
This man certainly got the message. If there is no God, ultimately, philosophically, how can one talk about reality? How can one even rationally believe that there is such a thing as truth, let alone decide what it is?

So Haraki and Tudor, you guys better do a re-think, and let God into your life again,
Salvation is personal and its in ur hands, dnt look for evidences to prove nothing while the facts are everywhere,

Have a blessed day.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2010
Ikibeh:

@Harakiri and Tudor,

You guys are something else, you need proof concerning the bible and God? I'm sorry for your lost souls, Plus you and tudor, minus you, God is still God. Take it or leave it.

The end is really near like the bible say in 1Timothy 4:1-2; Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Whether you Harakiri or you Tudor belive it or not, it doesnt change who GOD is, he is still God. You guys should be wondering how you were formed from your mothers womb, no science or watever has proved that, Its only God that knows, So if u dnt believe, and your waiting for any proof, i pray you wont wake up to see urself in hell one day and say like the rich young fool, HAD I KNOW,
*YAWN*
Every god out there from Allah to amadioha, to Ifa, to zeus etc all threaten unbelievers. . . . So whats new here??

Same old bullshiit.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ikibeh(m): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2010
@ Tudor, nobody is threatening you, its a free world do what you like. According to the LAW OF KARMA which is the ultimate law in the world; WHAT EVER YOU SOW, YOU MUST DEFINATELY REAP,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2010
Yes. . . .indeed.
If you sow unbelief in Allah, you shall reap punishment too, no?

No be today. . .
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by manosteel(m): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2010
For the motive behind your post, nobody is ready to waste his time to answer you. Otherwise, it is one of the simplest questions ever asked by an unbeliever which has simple answers.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ikibeh(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2010
@ Manosteel, he is the end time ANTICHRIST servant, and you gave him the right answer, Nobody should waste his/her time with him,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2010
Ikibeh:

@ Manosteel, he is the end time ANTICHRIST servant, and you gave him the right answer, Nobody should waste his/her time with him,

grin grin grin me an antichrist servant grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Roon9(m): 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
harakiri:

Which god? Do you know anything about what you are worshiping? If not for promises of miracles,blessings and divine intervention. . .would you be going to church? Is it not because of your personal up-liftment you go to church? When i was still a naive "Christian", i read a lot about the torture the apostles went through for the sake of the gospel.How many of you so called "Christians" can face giving up your life for Christianity? How many of you will chose Christianity if given the option of denouncing Christ or die an agonizing death of being fried alive in a gigantic pot of hot oil! How many of you can physically carry a heavy cross to be crucified for your faith? How many of you have the guts to face death bravely like Stephen? How many of you can withstand the trials and tribulations of Paul and Silas (imprisoned for the rest of your natural life for your faith).The answer is NIL!

In churches today (especially the pentecostal ministries), if you're going through trials, they either tell you it's because you don't have faith or you aren't giving enough to the lord or in most cases, the worshipers defect to another church where the "spirit of god" really is!

lol. . .i laugh in Osewanese

U r a big fool. 1dae u wil b face 2 face wit ur maker n dwn u wil repeat dis ur psycho-babble bullshit
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
^^ and why are you resurrecting a 2 year old thread, just to call someone a fool? Did you see him in your dream last night?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2012
uhonmora: ^^ and why are you resurrecting a 2 year old thread, just to call someone a fool? Did you see him in your dream last night?
Lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Dr. D.k. Olukoya / Man Sues Chris Okotie For Owing Him 14 Years Salary / Read Rhapsody Of Realities On Your Blackberry, Iphone Or Android Devices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.