Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,365 members, 7,864,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (18314 Views)

Interesting Message Or Heresy: Pst Chris Says Jesus Is No Longer The Way / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by smasher1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
Answer- na jazz you dey see.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by cold(m): 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
Why are these CE members/followers/apologists so fanatical in their allegiance to P.Chris?The op asked a very straight fwd question (albeit sinister) & instead of providing cogent answers they immediately lunge for his jugular.

For yrs after watching a crusade conducted by pastor Oritsejiafor where he swung his arm and it was lyk a hurricane what with pple falling,some yelling,chairs goin in evry direction-i kept asking myself are these not the folks God said we shld be wary of,that wld even command fire to fall frm heaven-even the very elect wld be deceived?

Surely there's something fundamentally wrong with the teachings of today's funky pastors.@ op,verily i say unto you,do not harken to the doctrines of these false preachers lest you be led astray.

Nuff said,tym to go watch Germany-Ghana
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2010
bodejohn:

@ harakiri
What a wonderful write up you had there.
But from my observations you must have once been a very good christian.
I do not have answers to your questions but there is a simple thought process i would like you to follow
Why do we all believe that there is a supreme being called GOD?
Simple answer is we have seen many things that we think is beyond the power of mortals.
[b]If we could reason out or explain or do all the things that we believe only a God can do, won't we all be called gods?[/b]
I am a christian because i believe that there is a God, whose ways no human being cannot phantom.
I am sorry if i didn't answer your question

I have a lot of respect for your honest response and i do agree with you that there is or there are supreme forces or beings that brought about this world as we know it today but the present religions we have in the world today DO NOT have the answers.They are just scammers selling hope to the people and ripping people off their hard earned savings. That's the sad truth.Have you not wondered why religion especially Christianity thrives in less developed/poorer countries? Believe it or not, if the social welfare of Nigerians reaches the level being obtained in Sweden or Switzerland, Church goers will reduce by 50%. . .mark my words. How many people would be going to church if they were confident that they would be well taken care of even when they have no jobs? Most if not all of staunch goers do so because they have problems and believe that only a "divine intervention" can resolve it. Everything in this country requires "intervention".Our leaders steal money, they say we should pray to god, kidnapping is on the rise, they say we should pray harder, super eagles were about to play with Korea yesterday and Peter Rufai mentioned that our team needs "divine intervention".We keep praying and praying and things keep moving from bad to worse.The people who brought their religion to us started progressing when they realized that their destiny was in their own hands on not in the hands of some priest or some church.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by hackney(m): 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
God works through people and i wonder why people doubt it.
afterall ,devil is working through people all over the place.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by gidson12(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
hackney:

God works through people and i wonder why people doubt it.
afterall ,devil is working through people all over the place.
so wat is ur point, that those who work 4 d devil to now disguise themsef as angel of light, to disceive others
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ultrame(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
You confound us all with your very logical questions Mr. harakiri, i must admit , but logic alone cannot solve the mysteries of this world my friend, even you should know that.

I think i might have an answer to question 3, who knows, it might even convince you to give (back?) your life to Jesus Christ. undecided  But then, i might also be gravely mistaken. here it goes:

harakiri:

(3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic shocked).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .

Maybe around this time, the tectonic plates (some geology here) had not drifted apart and the continents as we know it was still one massive landmass (Laurasia i think it was called ) and Mr. Noah didn't have to travel at all because all the animals and plants are on that one massive landmass. and even so it must have been frustratingly difficult to get all of them into that one ark but he did it anyway. (i wonder how he did it). good enough?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
@harakiri:

Create a new thread and post your questions there! If only for those who also don't understand the issues you've raised, I will answer them.

As you have requested, the answers will be direct and straight to the point. I will NOT give ONE excuse for an answer. But you too will not then start looking for excuses
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 8:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
nuclearboy:

@harakiri:

Create a new thread and post your questions there! If only for those who also don't understand the issues you've raised, I will answer them.

As you have requested, the answers will be direct and straight to the point. I will NOT give ONE excuse for an answer. But you too will not then start looking for excuses

I have a better idea. . .

Why don't you answer the questions right now, right here and we get it over with.After all, this whole thread borders on the ethics of Christianity.Perhaps people need to have an idea of what they are really worshiping. . .
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ultrame:

You confound us all with your very logical questions Mr. harakiri, i must admit , but logic alone cannot solve the mysteries of this world my friend, even you should know that.

I think i might have an answer to question 3, who knows, it might even convince you to give (back?) your life to Jesus Christ. undecided  But then, i might also be gravely mistaken. here it goes:

Maybe around this time, the tectonic plates (some geology here) had not drifted apart and the continents as we know it was still one massive landmass (Laurasia i think it was called ) and Mr. Noah didn't have to travel at all because all the animals and plants are on that one massive landmass. and even so it must have been frustratingly difficult to get all of them into that one ark but he did it anyway. (i wonder how he did it). good enough?

Hmmm. . .

Nice but that sounds a lil far fetched don't you think? Let me chip in one more thing about the Noah story. The bible tells people that after the great flood, the entire land mass was covered with water and the ark ascended beyond the highest mountain peaks. Now, no breathing organism can survive beyond 3000-5000 feet above sea level (my geography is a lil lapse here. . .lol).The highest mountain being mount Everest is over 25,000 feet above sea level.How did Noah and his cargo survive at this height without getting asphyxiated? Is this another typical "the lord works in mysterious ways" story?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
Your first question was
harakiri:

(1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?

Your presumption (and mistake) is that the YEC theory is the only one in Christianity. Young Earth creationism (YEC) is a form of creationism that asserts the Heavens, Earth, and all life were created by direct acts of God during a relatively short period, sometime between 5,700 and 10,000 years ago. Its adherents are those Christians and Jews who believe that God created the Earth in six 24-hour days, taking a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative as a basis for their beliefs.

However, there are other theories. these include the Gap theory, the progressive theory etc. To desist from writing a verbose theses here, let me summarize as best I know how quickly:

There is a gap between Genesis 1:1 (when God created the heavens and the earth) and Genesis 1:3 (when creation of the elements began). Nobody knows how long this period lasted for - a day, month, ten thousand years, a million years etc. During that time, all your fossils etc existed and formed. Now, the gap I mentioned is the point where the Bible says

"In the beginning ,  the earth was formless and void."

This is taken by Gap creationists to imply that the earth already existed, but had passed into decay during an earlier age of existence, and was now being "shaped anew". Note that this view is relatively consistent with mainstream science with respect to the age of the Earth.

That solves the puzzle of your first question yet remains Biblical except for those who insist the only theory is the YEC one. Should I proceed to question 2?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
I dont oftn like to be dragged into arguments of this sort since it doesnt move my life forward. However let me make a few points

harakiri:

Okay. . .

(1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?

The age of the Earth is not a major concern. God created the Earth no matter how long the Earth has existed.

harakiri:

Okay. . .
(2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?

Since the bible doesnt give s any clue, i dont know what to say.  

harakiri:

(3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic shocked).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .

What is impossible with man is possible with God.

harakiri:

(4)The current bible used in Christianity today has two parts. . .the old and new testament.Now there are practices in the old testament that most churches especially Pentecostals have discontinued e.g eye for an eye, sacrificial offerings and so on.When you ask them, they tell you that Christ came and all things are washed away rendering the old testament null and void.If this is true, why then do they still revert to Malachi 3:10 when it comes to psyching up the congregation to give more offerings and tithes? Weren't all things of old washed away? The same people will tell you that no part of the bible is irrelevant and the same people choose the parts that suit them.Are they confused about who and what they are worshiping?Do they even have an idea of what they are doing?

Too bad for the bad guys in christianity. Full stop

harakiri:

(5)The god in the bible is referred to as the all knowing god. . .the omni potent, omni present and all that. If he is all these, then he should have known that Eve would be tempted by the serpent and she would fall.He should have known how his creation would go till this present day.Why then did he create man when he knew that failure was imminent? The bible says he destroyed the world once and will do it again (some call it rapture, others call it Armageddon, a few think it's both ways). Why create something and condemn it? Is the bible implying that god is confused? That he makes errors? Isn't he supposed to be the all knowing god? Explain this please.

I wont answer that for God. I think He has to answer that for you. Its a matter of time. So No comment

harakiri:

(6)The people who brought us Christianity also brought guns,liquor and slave trade (i don't know about you but that doesn't sound "holy-like" to me).They superimposed their religion on the black folks as a means of control.The same people who brought us their religion don't take it as serious as we do.I might be wrong but Nigeria to the best of my knowledge is the most prayerful/religious country in the world (there is hardly any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches or fellowships) and yet, with all the abundance of religion, we are the most cold hearted people to our fellow human beings! Christianity as we know it today originated from the Catholic church whose practices are chiefly unorthodox or in plain English. . .idol worship (how else can you explain worshiping a graven image of Mary, praying to saints,kissing the rings and feet of priests and the rosary. . .all of which aren't mentioned in the bible). Christians all claim to be worshiping one god. . .why then can't a Christ Embassy worshiper spend a few Sundays at Celestial Church of Christ? Why can't a C.A.C Pastor minister in Assemblies of God? Why can't Winners Chapel members worship in K&S? Or are there different gods? Are the so called Christians confused? Please explain these few questions satisfactorily and i'll hold my peace.

The British did not bring us Christianity. They brought us Christian Religion just to get at us. Religion is about gods. Christianity is a way of life.

harakiri:

NB : Please, don't give me the usual "god works in mysterious ways" or " the ways of the lord cannot be understood" or " do not question the lord" crap.I've heard it one time too many.

Thanks. cool

I know you still have a lot of confusions. Pity

Cheers! grin grin cheesy

[quote][/quote]
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
Your second question was:

harakiri:

(2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?

Does your copy of the Bible tell you about any of the times that Moses went to the toilet? What we need to understand is that it is not every single occurence of days past (history) that the Bible mentions. My answer to you concerning your first question is summarized - why? Because it would be too verbose and I wouldn't want readers falling asleep. But STILL, my point is made in the summary. The Bible is a summary designed to show us a path. If it were complete, everything that ever happened to everyone (in the Bible) would be there. Cain and Abel were mentioned because they show us the first rift in mankind. Are you certain Adam and Eve had no other children? Or are you so young that you never had the chance to read about the Roman empire where kings married their sisters because they wanted to keep their blood lines "pure"? I propose a theory - So what if Cain later married a younger sister that came after Abel? Does the Bible say Adam and Eve had no other children or have you not seen incest practiced in the Bible?

Please think outside the box and see what is in front of you. Its clearer with a bit of thought and study of ancient cultures and mindsets. It also makes more sense than saying Baboons became you after 2 million years (why did only some become you and not all?) after becoming baboons from being snails who also became snails after 2 million years (why didn't all the snails become baboons - did they take a vote?) from being tse-tse flies etc etc etc
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ultrame(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2010
Very intresting, this thread.

harakiri:

Hmmm. . .

Nice but that sounds a lil far fetched don't you think? Let me chip in one more thing about the Noah story. The bible tells people that after the great flood, the entire land mass was covered with water and the ark ascended beyond the highest mountain peaks. Now, no breathing organism can survive beyond 3000-5000 feet above sea level (my geography is a lil lapse here. . .lol).The highest mountain being mount Everest is over 25,000 feet above sea level.How did Noah and his cargo survive at this height without getting asphyxiated? Is this another typical "the lord works in mysterious ways" story?

OK Mr. Harakiri, you almost knocked me out! except for one little detail. Asphyxiation is death due to lack of Oxygen, Yes? OK, People get asphyxiated at that height because the neccessary components required for the creation of oxygen is absent. Now, Mr. Noah and his crew were'nt just cruising 25000 feet ASL, they were cruising on water (H2[b]O[/b])which has sufficient oxygen in it.

It has been proven scientifically, that water can everporate at great altitudes and it's components, (Hydrogen and Oxygen) released back into the atmosphere.

The oxygen that was released from Mr. Noah's flood actually did save his life. that's how my friend, Mr. Noah and his crew did not die of lack of oxygen.

See?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
nuclearboy:

Your first question was
Your presumption (and mistake) is that the YEC theory is the only one in Christianity. Young Earth creationism (YEC) is a form of creationism that asserts the Heavens, Earth, and all life were created by direct acts of God during a relatively short period, sometime between 5,700 and 10,000 years ago. Its adherents are those Christians and Jews who believe that God created the Earth in six 24-hour days, taking a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative as a basis for their beliefs.

However, there are other theories. these include the Gap theory, the progressive theory etc. To desist from writing a verbose theses here, let me summarize as best I know how quickly:

There is a gap between Genesis 1:1 (when God created the heavens and the earth) and Genesis 1:3 (when creation of the elements began). Nobody knows how long this period lasted for - a day, month, ten thousand years, a million years etc. During that time, all your fossils etc existed and formed. Now, the gap I mentioned is the point where the Bible says

"In the beginning ,  the earth was formless and void."

This is taken by Gap creationists to imply that the earth already existed, but had passed into decay during an earlier age of existence, and was now being "shaped anew". Note that this view is relatively consistent with mainstream science with respect to the age of the Earth.

That solves the puzzle of your first question yet remains Biblical except for those who insist the only theory is the YEC one. Should I proceed to question 2?

Sorry i took this long to get back to you.I was taken aback by your "Gap Theory" to the extent i had to scatter my entire apartment looking for my dusty old bible.I'll quote :

Genesis 1 : 1
In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.

Gensis 1:2
And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:3
And God said,let there by light and there was light

Genesis 1: 4
Bla bla bla

Now, i don't know if it's my English that's failing me or perhaps my bible is the pirated alaba international version but i am yet to see the so called GAP [/b]that you talked about.

One more thing, my bible like most other bibles states that the world was created in [b]7 DAYS
. . .there was a stipulated time frame.Please, you so called Christians are the ones that keep hammering against misinterpreting the bible.Stick to your guns for decency sake.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
@harakiri:
Read your Genesis 1:2 again. It states there was a time when the Spirit of God was "moving". Please tell me how long was His Spirit moving upon the face of the waters?

Your third question was
harakiri:

ALL your questions are about thought processes. Your third question has been answered on this forum maybe 20 times - The question you need to ask is simply "what is the world" ?

Harakiri, imagine me and you are back in Noah's time - We live in Asia and ALL of mankind lives there with us. Then a flood covers Asia. Would we be wrong to tell our children that "the whole world" was flooded? I can see you telling Junior that "the tallest mountains in the (known) whole world were completely covered" and you would be right since that was the WHOLE (known) world. But now we are in 2010 and we know more. But they were right in their context and writing down. I believe God wants us to use our minds and the Bible is not a physics textbook but a guide. Using our minds completes the picture.

BTW, please do a bit of reading about the flood and you will find scientific theories point to the FACT that there was a flood but regional just as I have explained above.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
nuclearboy:

Your second question was:

Does your copy of the Bible tell you about any of the times that Moses went to the toilet? What we need to understand is that it is not every single occurence of days past (history) that the Bible mentions. My answer to you concerning your first question is summarized - why? Because it would be too verbose and I wouldn't want readers falling asleep. But STILL, my point is made in the summary. The Bible is a summary designed to show us a path. If it were complete, everything that ever happened to everyone (in the Bible) would be there. Cain and Abel were mentioned because they show us the first rift in mankind. Are you certain Adam and Eve had no other children? Or are you so young that you never had the chance to read about the Roman empire where kings married their sisters because they wanted to keep their blood lines "pure"? I propose a theory - So what if Cain later married a younger sister that came after Abel? Does the Bible say Adam and Eve had no other children or have you not seen incest practiced in the Bible?

Please think outside the box and see what is in front of you. Its clearer with a bit of thought and study of ancient cultures and mindsets. It also makes more sense than saying Baboons became you after 2 million years (why did only some become you and not all?) after becoming baboons from being snails who also became snails after 2 million years (why didn't all the snails become baboons - did they take a vote?) from being tse-tse flies etc etc etc

Actually, I AM THE ONE THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX HERE and i refuse to be naive.If you believe in the god you worship, then you should realize that he gave you a brain for something e.g to think,reason and analyse issues.What proof do you have about this god you worship apart from what you were brain washed with from child hood? What other proof except for myths and frightful stories about the unknown? The backbone of all religion (or way of life as some deem to call it) is [b]FEAR! ! ! [/b]Without fear, there would be no religion.It's the fear of bad harvest that prompted our forefathers to sacrifice innocent children so that rains would come and crops would grow.The Jihadists who are ready to lay down lives down for Islam in the North today forget that in the days of old, their forefathers had their own deities who they worshiped and only converted to Islam to prevent being wiped out of existence by the invading Arabs.Christianity as you know it today wasn't spread by innocent-bible-clutching saints! It was spread by invading crusaders who put millions of people to the sword in the name of the lord, they burnt whole families alive,ripped babies from the wombs of the "sinner" mothers,tied the limbs of youths to horses and set them in motion ripping the poor fellows apart.Nobody talks about this now but prefer to demonize other religions.

Back to the unanswered question :

Who are the people who Cain went to live with in the land of Nod? Who did Cain marry? Straight forward answers please.

Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nellaluv(f): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
It's nt 'take it' it is 'receive the holyspirit' poster wasn't paying attention.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by marabout(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
"Die Religion ,  ist das Opium des Volkes". Religion is the opium of the masses. That's the quotation by Karl Marx back in 1843.  All these things are not new.

Religion is  very complex. People become very passionate when you want a very simple discussion. That's why fundamentalists/fanatics are so successful using it.
In the Nigerian environment where every public figure from dictators/presidents to agbero legislators have failed us, people desperately need someone to trust. Life too is too uncertain with road accidents, kidnappers and armed robbers everywhere. People need fortification. When people go abroad, they will have been so programmed.

That's where pastors/prophet cime in to fill the yawning vacuum. Pastors/prophets don't have to fulfil any promise like providing free education, hospital, road, water etc. So they have the latitude to get their own "egunje" in the form of tithes indefinately. If they can "jazz themselves up" in India or Ijebu or whereever, even better. A Ghanian pastor was arrested in East Africa some years ago with a electrical device that he would strap to his arm and releases electric current when he touches people to heal and do miracles! Imagine touching somebody with a pacemaker or prone to severe heart dysrhythmia.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
nuclearboy:

@harakiri:
Read your Genesis 1:2 again. It states there was a time when the Spirit of God was "moving". Please tell me how long was His Spirit moving upon the face of the waters?

Your third question was
ALL your questions are about thought processes. Your third question has been answered on this forum maybe 20 times - The question you need to ask is simply "what is the world" ?

Harakiri, imagine me and you are back in Noah's time - We live in Asia and ALL of mankind lives there with us. Then a flood covers Asia. Would we be wrong to tell our children that "the whole world" was flooded? I can see you telling Junior that "the tallest mountains in the (known) whole world were completely covered" and you would be right since that was the WHOLE (known) world. But now we are in 2010 and we know more. But they were right in their context and writing down. I believe God wants us to use our minds and the Bible is not a physics textbook but a guide. Using our minds completes the picture.

BTW, please do a bit of reading about the flood and you will find scientific theories point to the FACT that there was a flood but regional just as I have explained above.

Once again how does moving across the face of the earth include a "Gap theory"? For crying out loud, EVERYTHING THE STORY STATES was within a time frame and the time frame that everyone knows is 7 days. . .so tell me, where did this assumption that "no one knows how long the gap was" come from? 7 days is seven days.Simple english and straight to the point.Once again, please quit misquoting the bible you so believe in.

Or are you trying to misinterpret the 7 days as being 7 millenniums or 7 light years? Come on man, you know better.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2010
tosag:

@Poster na wa for you o? You sure say you go live long so ?

You go soon die! Lol

@ Topic

Back then i was a real hot-fire Born again- i attended some of these crusades. I was always the first to be at the front seat so i can receive it and fall under the anointing. But when the mog came to the section i sat down and he said take it, i felt NOTHING - nada- and this was on so many crusades i attended.
Well someone by my side fell, but i saw in his face he FAKED it.

Talking about P.Chris - when i watched his crusade, he went to a particular section example the Choir - in white attires - and he said take it, and they all fell. He always went to a particular section and did the same Work. He even went far using a "White" woman to do the "take it" move.

Now ask yourself CEC people, if you were among the the Choir, in White- wouldnt you fall? It will be a shame if you don't fall, because it will seem you got no Holy spirit. People fall because of Hero worship.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
Your post immediately above gives impression that your questions were meant to ridicule and not that you wanted answers. People sat down, saw what you saw, studied and came to understand. But here you are - trying to ridicule and screaming about fear. You seem the one afraid here - for who's talking Jihad with you? Or discussing innocent children being sacrificed? Or Crusaders?

This is a typical and very unfortunate response on NL! Apparently you're now angry people will read answers and say "oh ok, I see, but still etc" and you will have had your exit in their minds so you react thus. Sad.

On your 7 days issue, I suggest you wikipedia "YEC" or google "creationism". You might be suprised to find more people than you seem to expect have also voiced our concerns and studied the issue. What I wonder is if you truly wish to listen to anyone who attempts to show another point of view aside your own
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
nuclearboy:

Your post immediately above gives impression that your questions were meant to ridicule and not that you wanted answers. People sat down, saw what you saw, studied and came to understand. But here you are - trying to ridicule and screaming about fear. You seem the one afraid here - for who's talking Jihad with you? Or discussing innocent children being sacrificed? Or Crusaders?

This is a typical and very unfortunate response on NL! Apparently you're now angry people will read answers and say "oh ok, I see, but still etc" and you will have had your exit in their minds so you react thus. Sad.

On your 7 days issue, I suggest you wikipedia "YEC" or google "creationism". You might be suprised to find more people than you seem to expect have also voiced our concerns and studied the issue. What I wonder is if you truly wish to listen to anyone who attempts to show another point of view aside your own

Ridicule who? This thread concerns religion and i address all religions be it Christianity, Islam,Taoism, Judaism and any others.I used other religions as an example to drive home a point so please do not take the cheap way out to avoid answering the questions.

Talking about typical responders on NL, i pride myself in logical arguments where i can learn a thing or two.If there's anyone taking the usual "NL route" right now, it's you.Stick to the questions and reply without the usual off key comments in your former replies.Just be straight forward and leave out the cheap remarks.

Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 9:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ultrame:

Very intresting, this thread.

OK Mr. Harakiri, you almost knocked me out! except for one little detail. Asphyxiation is death due to lack of Oxygen, Yes? OK, People get asphyxiated at that height because the neccessary components required for the creation of oxygen is absent. Now, Mr. Noah and his crew were'nt just cruising 25000 feet ASL, they were cruising on water (H2[b]O)which has sufficient oxygen in it.

It has been proven scientifically, that water can everporate at great altitudes and it's components, (Hydrogen and Oxygen) released back into the atmosphere.

The oxygen that was released from Mr. Noah's flood actually did save his life. that's how my friend, Mr. Noah and his crew did not die of lack of oxygen.

See?[/b]

lol cheesy cheesy smiley

Point taken. . .but you do know that the Noah story is quite bogus don't you? grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2010
marabout:

"Die Religion ,  ist das Opium des Volkes". Religion is the opium of the masses. That's the quotation by Karl Marx back in 1843.  All these things are not new.

Religion is  very complex. People become very passionate when you want a very simple discussion. That's why fundamentalists/fanatics are so successful using it.
In the Nigerian environment where every public figure from dictators/presidents to agbero legislators have failed us, people desperately need someone to trust. Life too is too uncertain with road accidents, kidnappers and armed robbers everywhere. People need fortification. When people go abroad, they will have been so programmed.

That's where pastors/prophet cime in to fill the yawning vacuum. Pastors/prophets don't have to fulfil any promise like providing free education, hospital, road, water etc. So they have the latitude to get their own "egunje" in the form of tithes indefinately. If they can "jazz themselves up" in India or Ijebu or whereever, even better. A Ghanian pastor was arrested in East Africa some years ago with a electrical device that he would strap to his arm and releases electric current when he touches people to heal and do miracles! Imagine touching somebody with a pacemaker or prone to severe heart dysrhythmia.

lol. . .

Abi ooo! All na spiritual healing/divine intervention and the poor soul go come pulpit to testify and the "lord" touch am and him feel the "presence" as the hand of the "man of god" deliver 200 volts of electricity through im body. grin grin shocked
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2010
harakiri:

lol cheesy cheesy smiley

Point taken. . .but you do know that the Noah story is quite bogus don't you? grin

As I said earlier, you have made up our mind. We're just going through motions here. All seems about laughter and feeling "cool" to you.

Anyway, and for Claritys sake, God created the heavens and the earth. Stop! His Spirit was moving upon the face of the waters. Stop. God started creating light etc. Stop

ok, how long did God take to create the heavens and the earth? then how long was His Spirit moving BEFORE HE STARTED CREATING LIGHT ETC? This is NOT aeronautics, is it?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2010
nuclearboy:

As I said earlier, you have made up our mind. We're just going through motions here. All seems about laughter and feeling "cool" to you.

Anyway, and for Claritys sake, God created the heavens and the earth. Stop! His Spirit was moving upon the face of the waters. Stop. God started creating light etc. Stop

ok, how long did God take to create the heavens and the earth? then how long was His Spirit moving BEFORE HE STARTED CREATING LIGHT ETC? This is NOT aeronautics, is it?

Laughter and feeling cool? Naaaah!

I like NL for two things. . .one is info in the property and business section and second is having mature discussions in the romance,family and occasionally. . .the religious section.All in all, it's all about exchanging ideas in a relaxed atmosphere.

That being said, back to the topic of discussion.Let us cut to the chase here shall we?

What concrete proof can you provide to validate the authenticity of earth's creation other than what was written by fellow human beings like yourself and i? Make no mistake about it. . .i do believe that there are higher forces that created the earth realm BUT CHRISTIANITY AND ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS SECTS available today have nothing but bogus explanations with innumerable discrepancies and i cannot have faith in something that is bogus.Mind you, most sections of the bible revolves around the well being of a particular people . . .THE ISREALITES! ! !

All other races were referred to as "gentiles" so if we were to travel back to time, people like you and i would be considered gentiles and it would be okay for the Israelites to invade our lands,slaughter every human being and plunder the livestock.It's all there in the bible and it all seems "normal".In today's world, that would be termed genocide.No tell me, if we were all created by this god in the bible, why would he favor one race of people to the extent he commanded them to annihilate other races for their own prosperity sake? Does that make any sense? It doesn't add up one bit to me.The way i see it, the god in the bible (also known as Yahweh,Elshadai, Jehovah amongst other names) is the Jewish deity and his worship spread to other countries in Greece/Sparta/Athen/Macedonia.He was known as Zeus (notorious from getting angry with his people and punishing them when they erred).At some point, this religion was so widespread in ancient Europe that the religious leaders had to come up with a system that works for everybody. Most of Catholic doctrine is derived from idol worship e.g the trinity,incense burning, celibate priests amongst others.

Yes he created the earth, light and all and it still remains under seven days.That's the clux man.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
Just one stupid question for you harakiri

What if, I mean if you wake one day and eventually all these stories of heaven and hell is real?

Sure, the Christians wont lose anything if its not real, will they? And if its real, you know the next line!

Guy wake up from your unfounded philosophy
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
You want proof? My reponse is simple - what are the alternatives? When there are supposedly 2 (or more) proposed answers to any issue, the only way we can resolve truth is by elimination. So please produce your list of alternatives and lets go through them.

BTW, we've veered off your original questions with this. Not that I'm complaining but still, just to let you remember.

Israel originally was ONE man called Jacob. This is where I think most of us miss it. God decided to be this man's God and that by extension, meant being God to his descendants (who look/are like him). It is the concept that separates Christianity from other religions - it is "me AND God" OR "harakiri AND God" never "all of us AND God". A personal walk whose instancing most of us never considered. That is why no two experiences are the same (when you find true believers) though they could to the outsider look similar.

I believe the choice of Israel was a two way thing. He CHOSE God and God chose him. Same as today in Christianity where you can be born into a supposedly christian family yet never "know" God. Whatever it was, it remains a type for us today. YOU matter. I matter. It is an INDIVIDUAL THING and just as Jacob (Israel) became a Nation that God had a relationship with, so do we become a Nation of Believers today (a Spiritual Israel).
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2010
bros1234:

Just one silly question for you harakiri

What if,  I mean if you wake one day and eventually all these stories of heaven and hell is real?

Sure, the Christians wont lose anything if its not real, will they? And if its real, you know the next line!

I have an equally intelligent question for you. . .

What if you wake up tomorrow and find out that the real god is actually Sango or Obatala? What if you die and find out that reincarnation is real except the next time you come to this life, you would either be a canary or hibiscus flower? What if you died today and find out that Satan is actually the god you should be worshiping? Ehh?

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2010
bros1234:

Just one silly question for you harakiri

What if,  I mean if you wake one day and eventually all these stories of heaven and hell is real?

(***re-post***)

I have an equally intelligent question for you. . .

What if you wake up tomorrow and find out that the real god is actually Sango or Obatala? What if you die and find out that reincarnation is real except the next time you come to this life, you would either be a canary or hibiscus flower? What if you died today and find out that Satan is actually the god you should be worshiping? Ehh?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by cystein(m): 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
I once had an encounter in that church when visiting Nigeria, and they started praying next to me telling me My second wife planned to kill me when i did not even have the first. A man shouted, Pastor we have a revillation. i was asked to support the ministry with $2,000 as a 10% tithe. It appears to me that many there are under psychological influence or actors as in the case of our very own miracle baby manufacturer Pastor deya. The gospel of prosperity is no more brothers. God never asks for pay and he is the reason behind my success.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 10:36pm On Jun 23, 2010
nuclearboy:

You want proof? My reponse is simple - what are the alternatives? When there are supposedly 2 (or more) proposed answers to any issue, the only way we can resolve truth is by elimination. So please produce your list of alternatives and lets go through them.

BTW, we've veered off your original questions with this. Not that I'm complaining but still, just to let you remember.

Israel originally was ONE man called Jacob. This is where I think most of us miss it. God decided to be this man's God and that by extension, meant being God to his descendants (who look/are like him). It is the concept that separates Christianity from other religions - it is "me AND God" OR "harakiri AND God" never "all of us AND God". A personal walk whose instancing most of us never considered. That is why no two experiences are the same (when you find true believers) though they could to the outsider look similar.

I believe the choice of Israel was a two way thing. He CHOSE God and God chose him. Same as today in Christianity where you can be born into a supposedly christian family yet never "know" God. Whatever it was, it remains a type for us today. YOU matter. I matter. It is an INDIVIDUAL THING and just as Jacob (Israel) became a Nation that God had a relationship with, so do we become a Nation of Believers today (a Spiritual Israel).

I didn't veer off.I was taking on your replies as they came.I expected complete response to my previous question but somehow along the line. . .here we are.Wouldn't mind if we reverted though.There are still unanswered questions back there.

Israel chose God? Last time i checked, God came to both Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.This is preferential treatment we are talking about here and mind you, there were no bibles or set down religion/norms at the time.Everyone did as they saw fit. Anyway you look at it, most of the bible's content revolves around the superiority and well being of the Israelites.Are you implying that other races knew who God was and rejected him? If they worshiped idols, it was because they didn't know any better and wiping out entire nations for their ignorance is beyond insane.The Jewish deity favors the Israelites same way Sango favors the Yorubas'.The only difference is the white man's success in superimposing their imported religion on Africans thus rendering ours inferior.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Seeing Snails In The Dream / Will Your Name Be In The Book Of Life? / Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2013 Theme: The Overflow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.