Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. (22157 Views)

Saraki Asks Buhari To Disregard Issues On Direct Primary, Sign Electoral Bill / Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death / Saraki Asks Oshiomhole To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. by lagosrd: 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
ericsmith:

lolzz !! by the word difficult you mean to say " astute" right ,,but i am not rigid i sway when i get convinced, all i wana read is logical reasoning ... besides i listen to my bae alot behind her back grin brainy
No one can make noise on my mention becos its sentimentproof

Who has your time
Re: Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. by Ndonu101: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ifedamolah:
Once again here is the constitution. The court should be the interpreter not your uncle Bukola. Simple majority is more than half and 2/3 majority is exactly what it states but there is no mention of ALL senators just like there was none in simple majority that gave saraki the senate presidency.

how do you quote the constitution and then come to a warped conclusion?
Re: Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. by Ndonu101: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
Butterflyle0:

The portion of the constitution is ambiguous because it did not says 2/3 majority OF ALL the members of that house and neither did it say 2/3 majority OF THE ENTIRE members of that house.

Saraki knows this and that is why he is jittery.

He only needs to be removed by a number greater than half of the total number of the senate since the constitution omits words like ALL and ENTIRE.

Once a number like 55 and above senators gather , that number has a quorum formed in it which is supposed to be 1/3 of the number of senators in the house which is 36 and all that is required is 2/3 votes from the 55 present to impeach him.

Until that portion of the constitution is amended, it will remain ambiguous and saraki can be removed based on that ambiguity and he can argue the rest in court but the deed would already be done

This is a pure lie. It does not matter how many times you repeat it. It is not true. The Courts have also pronounced on this issue so there are precedents!

The number of the members of the Senate from 2015 - 2019 is a CONSTANT. It is 109. It is not a VARIABLE. This number can not possibly change from Monday to Tuesday depending on the numbers present because of the wide ranging implications.

More than 2/3 of the Senate is 73 at least and that is what you need to impeach the Senate President.

At least 1/3 of the Senate is 36 at least and that is what you need to form a quorum.

This is the law

It is amazing the number of Senators are clear to you lot when you discuss forming a quorum but becomes ambiguous when you want to talk about impeachment. Why are you not arguing that you only need 1/3 of the numbers present to form a quorum?

The essence of the section of the law is to ensure stability in the case of 2/3 and to ensure views expressed are for the collective good at all times in the case of forming a quorum.

those suggesting that 2/3 of 1/3 can impeach the Senate President are saying even 24 persons can impeach the Senate President in a 109 Senate. This is not the law nor the intention of the law.

Adams Oshiomole knows this and simply wants to engage in impunity. But what is on display here is the fragility of our democracy.

when the Senate come back from Recess I think Saraki should be brave and put this issue live on TV. Let Pro and Anti Saraki Lawmakers make their arguments live on TV and let us see if Nigeria does not have up to 40 good men/women to stand up to this kind of nonsense.
Re: Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2018
lagosrd:

Who has your time

!!!! GOD. !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Withdraws Workers’ Salaries After Payment-the Punch / Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial / Niger Delta Militants Regroup, Appraise Attack Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.