Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report (25744 Views)

Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / EIU: Lagos Is The World’s Most Dangerous City / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
lol
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by maestroferddi: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ambode and the Yorubanisation of Lagos, how far?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

Seriously, I smell a big conspiracy.

Anyways, Baba Buhari till 2023

Dude, you need to buy a world map and use it as a wallpaper in your room.

It has been so for like 10 years now. Lagos and Abuja not among the top 10 cities to live in Africa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Aboguede(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
How manage?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ghurene007(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
well, that's hard to believe. Worst in what aspect, anyway?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Holocene(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
Same Lagos where Mark Zukerburg did his jogging without police except abi

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by KanwuliaExtra: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
Surprise-Surprise! grin

Banana Island ko, Potato Island ni. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by chuksohams(m): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
Imagine
Just negodu
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by romenna: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
googi:
Immediately I think of Tripoli Libya, Damascus, Lebanon, Bagdad and other cities in Afghanistan, I know this is rubbish.

They go to peaceful cities, destroy them, create chaos to drive the people into desert and sea, then call them unlivable.

Maybe if they stop their economic sabotage the world would be a better place.

Imagine imposing sanctions on African countries for banning their used clothes.
who are they?
stop talking as if u r scared if u have facts!
i want to see a web link to support ur last claim!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by oluwasegun007(m): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
we are aware..... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by aragonchuks(m): 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
SolutionMee:
I'm not surprised cuz the last time I visited Nigeria, I was taken aback as to how an unkempt city like Lagos seem to be the Silicon Valley of the unorganized nation

Honestly, If I was Bill Gate, the only business I will have with Nigerians is to buy their country. Use it for stock trade in America big firms and allow Top Tech companies to buy a share of it. What I'm saying is that in the realm of my imagination, your country is sold-off already. I even heard that your PVC is now on large Chinese online store like Alibaba. You guys should just calm down and chill. Gradually, we're getting there as your country will soon be on Amazon and the poorest man in America will add it to cart. Meanwhile, the last time I checked, most underdeveloped countries don't exceed $17 million when put up for sale online. If I'm lucky to be the buyer as an American, it'll be nice having a country dominated with primitive minds and black mentality and refurbishing it after all.
sharap there!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by tunary(m): 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
tstx:

Wetin dey happen there... them dey share money?
Just go there by that time them go share money reach you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by LastSurvivor11: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

Have you been to India before
Of course not, cos you wouldn't saying this..
Infact India n Nigeria shouldn't be in any category, how can you be comparing yourself with a country that manufactures A-Z of what they are using.. from cars to truck to lorries to bikes to even Keke naped ur using in Nigeria..
Pls say what you know..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Maxymilliano(m): 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
It's even lucky to be ranked in the first place ...
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by tiredoflife(m): 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Chai afonja London...the land flowing with gbegiri and ewedu
That report must be from the idiotic pigs of Biafra
It must be a PDP media house
U mean the capital of afonja land
Where hybrid ewedu is grown to give IGR
Where people like bobrisky is next governor as must of their men are now gay
Not possible

Nnmadi KANU mind ya self there

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by sonnie10: 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
EIU is siding with IPOB. Fake news jare

Eko oni baje!
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by megamound(m): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
see award naaa
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by JuanDeDios: 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

I don't think there's a conspiracy. Yes, they're probably wrong about Nigeria having more poor people than India, but as for Lagos, security is not the only criterion used. For example, apart from Juba, the cities you mentioned have fairly stable electricity. There are other issues like access to water, roads, ease of doing business, etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
HOW CAN MOGADISHU BE MORE LIVABLE THAN LAGOS.THE PEOPLE THAT PUT THIS RUBBISH TOGETHER MAY NEVER HAVE BEEN TO NIGERIA.BELIEVE THIS USELESS THING THEN YOU CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING.[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by SocialJustice: 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

Buy the complete report from EIU instead of displaying smart ignorance.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Onechancearmy(m): 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

The Brookings Institute Report said that Nigeria had overtaken India in EXTREME poverty, not poverty in general terms.

The places you mentioned like Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul ( I would also add Damascus, Kinshasa and Bangui) all fall within the metrics used to designate undesirable places to live in, but they are not ranked at all simply because they are literally uninhabitable. They are war zones. The rankings looked at cities that can be lived in and rated them from best to worst in terms of infrastructure, poor security , poor health facilities etc.

When viewed in that light, it's no surprise that Lagos has such a low ranking.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by 12345baba(m): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
lagos nawa! today good news, tomorrow bad news
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Kylekent59: 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
yea, that's very true.

Taking a bath early in the morning, dressing up for work only to inhale carbon monoxide from other vehicles through the window.

Now she finally succeeded and made it to work,only for her boss to give her piles of document to scale through and work on.

wow!! she was given 15 mins break and she didn't enjoy her breakfast. just 15 mins, food dint even digest and she is back to work.

Eventually is is done for the day, and off on her way home, she struggles to enter a bus while on motion,YES!! she made it and starts inhaling fumes from vehicles, oh no that trailer just accelerated what a fume. she breaths it and feels grin relaxed.

Conductor : oshodi!!!
o waaaa, she said and alighted down.

she looks up for aeroplane, looks right and left for for coming vehicles, she looks back for boko haram / pickpocket, then she crosses zigzag to avoid stray bullet.

she enters her street and here she is at the gate only to discover NEPA had disconnected her light.

oh noo what a crazy day.

The next day the whole process repeat itself.

LAGOS! LAGOS!! LAGOS!!!

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by sonnie10: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

Bros you know there is something called Percentage.
If you do that your calculation in percentage of population, I am sure you will get the answer right.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Kennitrust(m): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
googi:
Immediately I think of Tripoli Libya, Damascus, Lebanon, Bagdad and other cities in Afghanistan, I know this is rubbish.

They go to peaceful cities, destroy them, create chaos to drive the people into desert and sea, then call them unlivable.

Maybe if they stop their economic sabotage the world would be a better place.

Imagine imposing sanctions on African countries for banning their used clothes.
talking about Africa
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by tiredoflife(m): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
Onechancearmy:

The Brookings Institute Report said that Nigeria had overtaken India in EXTREME poverty, not poverty in general terms.

The places you mentioned like Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul ( I would also add Damascus, Kinshasa and Bangui) all fall within the metrics used to designate undesirable places to live in, but they are not ranked at all simply because they are literally uninhabitable. They are war zones. The rankings looked at cities that can be lived in and rated them from best to worst in terms of infrastructure, poor security , poor health facilities etc.

When viewed in that light, it's no surprise that Lagos has such a low ranking.

Why u dey waste ur spit
Na ipob do the report
End it there and they will be happy
A whole eldarado of afonja land
Oga idiot pig of Biafra wrote this report

Or PDP is responsible

U get time to waste I swear grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by JWTheocracy1: 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
Timil:
How is that even possible, when we have poorly developed areas like warri, umuahya, onitsha, uyo, akwa, birnin-kebbi, yola, bauchi and co.

Only a fool will believe this nonsense.

Lol.. Illiteracy is a disease.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Tunks2017(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
Old news, full of gibberish !!! angry
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Onechancearmy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
tiredoflife:

Why u dey waste ur spit
Na ipob do the report
End it there and they will be happy
A whole eldarado of afonja land
Oga idiot pig of Biafra wrote this report

Or PDP is responsible

U get time to waste I swear grin

We must eradicate ignorance nah grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Princedapace(m): 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
Timil:
How is that even possible, when we have poorly developed areas like warri, umuahya, onitsha, uyo, akwa, birnin-kebbi, yola, bauchi and co.

Only a fool will believe this nonsense.

U are quite unintelligent.. This is one of the biggest problems facing nigeria.. Low IQ.

Bro, in research study, there is what is called sampling data. Because research can't give u the grace to sample everything, u are allowed to pick few parts of ur study and conclude ur research..

In this case, Lagos was chosen for reason being that it is the most popular city state in nigeria..

So forget ur onitsha, what that means is that if Lagos is this bad, other areas might be worse. In general, nigeria is least liveable country in nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gully Erosion Destroys Over 30 Buildings,Displaces Over 50,000 People In Anambra / Flood At Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos Lobby During Rainfall / FAAN Officials Beat Female Passenger Till She Fainted For Recording Harassment B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.