Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report (25726 Views)

Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / EIU: Lagos Is The World’s Most Dangerous City / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Otunba2004(m): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

Seriously, I smell a big conspiracy.

Anyways, Baba Buhari till 2023
infact your brain need reset the publisher mention African or don't you know difference between African and Asian or you just pretends to be a fool, the likeness you have for Buhari had depreciate your value as human being, get life bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

It is not a curse. You cant say what you dont know...You claim u stay in UK yet come to spew lies that the government is working.
I don't normally argue on Social Media. When you said "God purnish you for this lies" . Is this not a curse.
I don't have to live in Nigeria before knowing what is going on. Also I have just returned to UK from my Holiday in Lagos. I have property and Asset there as well so what I said is from my own personal experience not yours

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

Lie. Our area water from our bore hole no dey smell

Government is supposed to provide you with water. I hope u know that. Anyways, I heard rumours that Lagos state govt plans to charge or tax those with bore hole soon. I don't know how true this is.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Government is supposed to provide you with water. I hope u know that. Anyways, I heard rumours that Lagos state govt plans to charge or tax those with bore hole soon. I don't know how true this is.

This is 9ja. You don't wait for govt. We have inverter plus Nepa plus solar = 24hr electricity everyday. We have borehole plus pump plus water dispenser = 24hr clean and drinking water everyday

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
toyetade:

I don't normally argue on Social Media. When you said "God purnish you for this lies" . Is this not a curse.
I don't have to live in Nigeria before knowing what is going on. Also I have just returned to UK from my Holiday in Lagos. I have property and Asset there as well so what I said is from my own personal experience not yours

There is no need arguing with you since you claim to experience low crimes, more organized transport and good infrastructures in lagos then it shows who you truly are.

Why don't you relocate back to Lagos and enjoy all these new development?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

This is 9ja. You don't wait for govt. We have inverter plus Nepa plus solar = 24hr electricity everyday. We have borehole plus pump plus water dispenser = 24hr clean and drinking water everyday

Doing this all by itself, isn't it enough reason for the state and country as a whole is a failure and should be the worst place to live in?

What about those that aren't privilege like you? How do u expect them to survive?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by bash8936: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

So because they removed the check point in your area, it means Lagos isn't the worst place to live in Africa?

Na wa o.

How will 20million people pack themselves in the smallest state in a country and expect things to go smooth. Well what I believe is that after 20years with the development plans on ground I hope this situation will change. The refinery, the new airport, the new transportation system, the Atlantic city and others.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by bash8936: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

So because they removed the check point in your area, it means Lagos isn't the worst place to live in Africa?

Na wa o.

How will 20million people pack themselves in the smallest state in a country and expect things to go smooth. Well what I believe is that after 20years with the development plans on ground I hope this situation will change. The refinery, the new airport, the new transportation system, the Atlantic city and others. the
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ehispapa(m): 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
googi:
Immediately I think of Tripoli Libya, Damascus, Lebanon, Bagdad and other cities in Afghanistan, I know this is rubbish.

They go to peaceful cities, destroy them, create chaos to drive the people into desert and sea, then call them unlivable.

Maybe if they stop their economic sabotage the world would be a better place.

Imagine imposing sanctions on African countries for banning their used clothes.

those cities are better and well planned than our lagos. why compare thos cities that are having unrest to lagos? we are at war in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ehispapa(m): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
Otunba2004:
infact your brain need reset the publisher mention African or don't you know difference between African and Asian or you just pretends to be a fool, the likeness you have for Buhari had depreciate your value as human being, get life bro.

dont mind the buhari mugu
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Doing this all by itself, isn't it enough reason for the state and country as a whole is a failure and should be the worst place to live in?

What about those that aren't privilege like you? How do u expect them to survive?

Oh, no doubt, I'm just grateful about the checkpoints - that's an improvement I can see and feel
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Na wa o.

That's an improvement that directly impacts me not some improvement that doesn't affect my life
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
bash8936:

How will 20million people pack themselves in the smallest state in a country and expect things to go smooth. Well what I believe is that after 20years with the development plans on ground I hope this situation will change. The refinery, the new airport, the new transportation system, the Atlantic city and others. the

This is not an excuse.

Cairo in Egypt is as small as Lagos if not smaller with high population yet it is far more developed than Lagos will ever be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

Oh, no doubt, I'm just grateful about the checkpoints - that's an improvement I can see and feel

You be yahoo boy? grin
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You be yahoo boy? grin

Not at all. I'd just like to drive in 9ja as I drive abroad. It was a big headache.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by NofiuFade(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

forget that nonsense, Lagos is now full of poo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Icon79(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
Trust me, Lagos is still as bad as it come. And it would continue to be bad until the second coming of Christ.

O pari

ameri9ja:
This is based on old data. Lagos is no longer so bad.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by SeriousPartner(f): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lagos is not too bad o.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
Icon79:
Trust me, Lagos is still as bad as it come. And it would continue to be bad until the second coming of Christ.

O pari

grin
It depends on your particular Lagos.
It can also be:
"Lagos na so so enjoyment" grin
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by nijabazaar: 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
SocialJustice:
Buy the complete report from EIU instead of displaying smart ignorance.
Smart ignorance...love this

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
Its no longer news na, and its not only lagos but the whole of south west. ;DIts no longer news na, and its not only lagos but the whole of south west.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Icon79(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2018
Every part of Lagos is horrible, including Lekki, Banana Island, and VI. If you visit the major cities in other countries (and I am not only talking about the developed countries either), you'd realize how congested, dirty, and unkempt the whole of Lagos really is.

O pari

ameri9ja:

grin
It depends on your particular Lagos.
It can also be:
"Lagos na so so enjoyment" grin
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by spiritedtete: 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
False report!!!
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
Icon79:
Every part of Lagos is horrible, including Lekki, Banana Island, and VI. If you visit the major cities in other countries (and I am not only talking about the developed countries either), you'd realize how congested, dirty, and unkempt the whole of Lagos really is.

O pari

U can make a good life in Lagos and there are parts that are ok. That's why billionaires live there
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

"Laagoos naa so so enjoyment!" grin
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Simbrixton(m): 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2018
chrisifeanyi:
They are right. When afonja will tell women not to come out due to one nonsense tradition is that one city?
have women started inheriting property in Igboland? Have they stopped shaving the heads of your widows please look within before focusing on other people
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Mrexcell(m): 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

Go to the oil producing communities in the niger delta and see for yourself they do drink the same water they stool on.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Berankis: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
SolutionMee:
I'm not surprised cuz the last time I visited Nigeria, I was taken aback as to how an unkempt city like Lagos seem to be the Silicon Valley of the unorganized nation

Honestly, If I was Bill Gate, the only business I will have with Nigerians is to buy their country. Use it for stock trade in America big firms and allow Top Tech companies to buy a share of it. What I'm saying is that in the realm of my imagination, your country is sold-off already. I even heard that your PVC is now on large Chinese online store like Alibaba. You guys should just calm down and chill. Gradually, we're getting there as your country will soon be on Amazon and the poorest man in America will add it to cart. Meanwhile, the last time I checked, most underdeveloped countries don't exceed $17 million when put up for sale online. If I'm lucky to be the buyer as an American, it'll be nice having a country dominated with primitive minds and black mentality and refurbishing it after all.

So in your dirty mind now, you think you a real American and you have the guts to put your own Country up for sale. Just wait till your silly ass is trumped back to Nigeria, then you will see clearly that Lagos is gradually undergoing transformstion. And your so-called America also has slums and unkept places and yet no American dèar degrade it.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by sweetilicious(f): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
tstx:
Giant of Africa, Nigeria, have been featured in international rankings once again in THE GLOBAL LIVEABILITY INDEX 2018 REPORT And this time the city of Lagos is our focal point.

Nigeria's commercial nerve center and golden city is the worst city to live in Africa.

The revelation is according to the Economist Intelligence Unit, EIU's 2018 ranking of the world's most liveable cities. Lagos city was ranked 138th of the 140 countries ranked by the EIU.

With a relatively low score of 38.5 per cent, Lagos was just a little above Syria's war-torn capital, Damascus, and Bangladesh's Dhaka. Both cities are hotbeds of violence, destruction and war.

Lagos was closely followed by Zimbabwe's Harare, the city was ranked 135th and had an
overall rating of 42.6. Also with a rating of 20.8/100 the city had the worst health care in Africa followed by Cameroon's Doula which got the second worst healthcare in Africa with a score of 25.0/100.

This is not Lagos first rodeo, sometime around march 2018 Mercer’s also ranked Lagos among the worst cities to live in Africa.

Report Summary
According to this years ranking, Lagos, Nigeria (138) was the lowest ranking African city for quality of living as the worst city to live in Africa.
They are followed by Zimbabwe, Harare (135), Libya, Tripoli (134), Camoroun, Douala (133) and Algeria, Algiers (132) make up the Top 5.

Below are The worst cities to live in Africa 2018 according to EIU

6. Senegal. Dakar
(10th in the world)
5. Algeria, Algiers(9th in the world)
4. Cameroon, Douala
(8th in the world)
3. Libya, Tripoli
(7th in the world)
2. Zimbabwe, Harare
(6th in the world)
1. Nigeria, Lagos
(3rd worst in the world)

The Economic Intelligence Unit examined factors such as stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education, infrastructure in its latest ranking.

Source: https://listwand.com/2018/08/worst-cities-to-live-in-africa-2018-eiu-report/
My heart doesn't accept Lagos.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by moppie123(m): 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
cooltola:
Sometimes, I begin to think there is some racist elements when they are grading Lagos and other African cities as the worst city to live in. , For a city in of one of the most corrupt country, it is quite impressive that Lagos still manage to work despite boosting a huge population. Some cities look very nice on the outside, but if you venture and live in those cities at night you go know e.g Chicago.
I still wonder the parameters you guys use in judging cities that work. The problem with people living in Lagos is lack of exposure even in the midst of sources of exposure. Lagos lacks so many basic amenities - maybe because of the large population, I can't say but a lot still needs to be done. Go to other developed cities to know what people mean when they say "a city works".
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by skallion7(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
Adakintroy:

Am a nigerian first, then aka ibom.
Ok, not surprised by your comment
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

Have you been to India before
Of course not, cos you wouldn't saying this..
Infact India n Nigeria shouldn't be in any category, how can you be comparing yourself with a country that manufactures A-Z of what they are using.. from cars to truck to lorries to bikes to even Keke naped ur using in Nigeria..
Pls say what you know..
Don't mind the fool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gully Erosion Destroys Over 30 Buildings,Displaces Over 50,000 People In Anambra / Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) / Airport Workers Mishandle Travelers' Bags (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.