Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report (25752 Views)

Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / EIU: Lagos Is The World’s Most Dangerous City / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Mizwisdom(f): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
toyetade:

I have been visiting Lagos in the last 10 years from UK and there have not been a better lagos than now. Improved Electricity, low crime, more organised transport , good infrastructures with Rail system developing by the side. That report is rubish. We know where we are coming from and our leaders should continue the good work

Thank you. Lagos now, is so different and liveable. Very nice to live in, light, security, peace, I thank God. From now hence forth I will never believe any foreign stats. If it was before, I would have believed it but not now.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Mizwisdom(f): 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

There is no need arguing with you since you claim to experience low crimes, more organized transport and good infrastructures in lagos then it shows who you truly are.

Why don't you relocate back to Lagos and enjoy all these new development?
He's saying the truth. I have lived in Lagos all my life but I'm not an indigene. Lagos is better now than it ever was. It was so bad during Tinubu's time but now, God be prised
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by seguno2: 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
googi:
Immediately I think of Tripoli Libya, Damascus, Lebanon, Bagdad and other cities in Afghanistan, I know this is rubbish.

They go to peaceful cities, destroy them, create chaos to drive the people into desert and sea, then call them unlivable.

Maybe if they stop their economic sabotage the world would be a better place.

Imagine imposing sanctions on African countries for banning their used clothes.

They this, they that.
Dem swear for us?
Why do we allow ourselves to be manipulated by them?
Why are we so dependent on them?
Are we so brainless and weak
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by seguno2: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
ameri9ja:
This is 9ja. You don't wait for govt. We have inverter plus Nepa plus solar = 24hr electricity everyday. We have borehole plus pump plus water dispenser = 24hr clean and drinking water everyday

Is that how it is in America and other liveable oyinbo countries for electricity and water supplies?
Are you okay?
I mean, seriously, are you okay

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by peacengine(m): 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
Which Lagos? Lag's a kool place to live
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by peacengine(m): 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
seguno2:

[s]Is that how it is in America and other liveable oyinbo countries for electricity and water supplies?
Are you okay?
I mean, seriously, are you okay [/s]
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by peacengine(m): 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
seguno2:

Is that how it is in America and other liveable oyinbo countries for electricity and water supplies?
Are you okay?
I mean, seriously, are you okay
Sharap there bro, Fk off with ur abroad, or shud we assassinate our politicians? We are saying things seem a bit better in Lagos these days, doesn't mean it's the best but if it continues to improve, it can be better abi make al man pack things commot or make we murder every politician? We de on ground de tell u things u de argue like slow poke, US embassy in Lagos is still functioning but Abuja has been closed indefinitely, do u think they are not operating on intelligence report? If u know u know
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
Mizwisdom:

He's saying the truth. I have lived in Lagos all my life but I'm not an indigene. Lagos is better now than it ever was. It was so bad during Tinubu's time but now, God be prised

cc: toyetade

Can you post pictures of where in Lagos that is better?

Keep on lying.

This is Lagos as it is now. If you need more I can help u.

Take note, I have decided not to post that of apapa and other areas. Even lekki a place for the so called big boys is heavily flooded due to bad drainage system by the government

https://www.nairaland.com/4359836/why-lagos-state-dirty-now

https://www.nairaland.com/4299195/lagos-now-dirtiest-city-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Thank you. Lagos now, is so different and liveable. Very nice to live in, light, security, peace, I thank God. From now hence forth I will never believe any foreign stats. If it was before, I would have believed it but not now.

Keep on lying and living in delusion grandeur.

There are numerous topics that made front page complaining about the dirt and filthiness of Lagos state.

Take note the post of that thread in the screenshot below is a buhari/APC supporter but she couldn't hide the truth any longer.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 15, 2018
Demmzy15:
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

Seriously, I smell a big conspiracy.

Anyways, Baba Buhari till 2023

It's because you read all these but don't understand,

The words ''extreme poor' is not the same thing as just ''poor''.
Nigeria has the highest population of people living in ''extreme poverty'' you can keep living in denial.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by seguno2: 12:19am On Aug 15, 2018
peacengine:
Sharap there bro, Fk off with ur abroad, or shud we assassinate our politicians? We are saying things seem a bit better in Lagos these days, doesn't mean it's the best but if it continues to improve, it can be better abi make al man pack things commot or make we murder every politician? We de on ground de tell u things u de argue like slow poke, US embassy in Lagos is still functioning but Abuja has been closed indefinitely, do u think they are not operating on intelligence report? If u know u know

Yes to your questions if that is what we have to do to get our acts together.
So, are you ready to follow through on your suggestion
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by cooltola(m): 12:43am On Aug 15, 2018
moppie123:
I still wonder the parameters you guys use in judging cities that work. The problem with people living in Lagos is lack of exposure even in the midst of sources of exposure. Lagos lacks so many basic amenities - maybe because of the large population, I can't say but a lot still needs to be done. Go to other developed cities to know what people mean when they say "a city works".

Lagos would have be more developed but corruption spoil thing. Imagine if Lagos was still the capital, MMA airport will on point, that train system will be have developed long time ago, Road will have been way better. Light would have constant.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by salford1: 12:50am On Aug 15, 2018
That list is a joke

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by bikassava: 12:50am On Aug 15, 2018
Adakintroy:

Am a nigerian first, then aka ibom.
:: angry
Adakintroy:

Am a nigerian first, then aka ibom.
::
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by King44(m): 12:50am On Aug 15, 2018
SolutionMee:
I'm not surprised cuz the last time I visited Nigeria, I was taken aback as to how an unkempt city like Lagos seem to be the Silicon Valley of the unorganized nation

Honestly, If I was Bill Gate, the only business I will have with Nigerians is to buy their country. Use it for stock trade in America big firms and allow Top Tech companies to buy a share of it. What I'm saying is that in the realm of my imagination, your country is sold-off already. I even heard that your PVC is now on large Chinese online store like Alibaba. You guys should just calm down and chill. Gradually, we're getting there as your country will soon be on Amazon and the poorest man in America will add it to cart. Meanwhile, the last time I checked, most underdeveloped countries don't exceed $17 million when put up for sale online. If I'm lucky to be the buyer as an American, it'll be nice having a country dominated with primitive minds and black mentality and refurbishing it after all.
werey boy. the problem Lagos has is its population probably the govt should cut down the population, privatise the transport sector, ensure strict compliance with the laws in lag jt like fasholas tenure, complete the projects, and rebuild mainland cos that is where the world attention is directed not the so called island, with a well laid plan starting from the present adm in the next 30 to 40 years it can be achieved, those ghettos should be tore down, those water ways could be transformed to tourist attraction and recreation centres with the right plan it can be achieved, some beautiful cities we know of today were ones ghettos and slums but they were tore down and replaced with sky scrappers etc lag can do it. Plus if Abuja face half of watin Lagos dey face hen Abuja for don worse
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Naajjii: 12:58am On Aug 15, 2018
ObservantFellow:
But it's about the best for the average Nigerian.
Opportunities are far and few in the other cities in Nigeria.
So, the pressure remains centralised in Lagos, hence the 'badness'.
It's lack of planning, we got mega cities like New York, Tokyo and others but they are clean and organised than Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Pacesetter123(m): 1:13am On Aug 15, 2018
Kylekent59:
yea, that's very true.

Taking a bath early in the morning, dressing up for work only to inhale carbon monoxide from other vehicles through the window.

Now she finally succeeded and made it to work,only for her boss to give her piles of document to scale through and work on.

wow!! she was given 15 mins break and she didn't enjoy her breakfast. just 15 mins, food dint even digest and she is back to work.

Eventually is is done for the day, and off on her way home, she struggles to enter a bus while on motion,YES!! she made it and starts inhaling fumes from vehicles, oh no that trailer just accelerated what a fume. she breaths it and feels grin relaxed.

Conductor : oshodi!!!
o waaaa, she said and alighted down.

she looks up for aeroplane, looks right and left for for coming vehicles, she looks back for boko haram / pickpocket, then she crosses zigzag to avoid stray bullet.

she enters her street and here she is at the gate only to discover NEPA had disconnected her light.

oh noo what a crazy day.

The next day the whole process repeat itself.

LAGOS! LAGOS!! LAGOS!!!
kikikikikikikikikiiiiiii@she look up for aeroplane.....................'aeroplane fall on her'...... grin grin grin grin grin[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by seguno2: 2:07am On Aug 15, 2018
peacengine:
If you cannot handle the truth deceive yourself.

You should take your own advice if you are not a hypocrite like Buhari and APC people.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by seguno2: 2:09am On Aug 15, 2018
King44:
werey boy. the problem Lagos has is its population probably the govt should cut down the population, privatise the transport sector, ensure strict compliance with the laws in lag jt like fasholas tenure, complete the projects, and rebuild mainland cos that is where the world attention is directed not the so called island, with a well laid plan starting from the present adm in the next 30 to 40 years it can be achieved, those ghettos should be tore down, those water ways could be transformed to tourist attraction and recreation centres with the right plan it can be achieved, some beautiful cities we know of today were ones ghettos and slums but they were tore down and replaced with sky scrappers etc lag can do it. Plus if Abuja face half of watin Lagos dey face hen Abuja for don worse

Can taxes and levies, applied comprehensively and progressively reduce the population
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by DeRay98(m): 4:28am On Aug 15, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Go to apapa and post pictures of what you see there to prove them wrong na.

Until Hurricane Catherina decimated New Orleans few yrs ago, the whole world didnt know that America has slumps with poverty riddled city and people. All they project is Hollywood. I begi!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Mizwisdom(f): 5:10am On Aug 15, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Can you post pictures of where in Lagos that is better?

Keep on lying.

This is Lagos as it is now. If you need more I can help u.

Take note, I have decided not to post that of apapa and other areas. Even lekki a place for the so called big boys is heavily flooded due to bad drainage system by the government

https://www.nairaland.com/4359836/why-lagos-state-dirty-now

You posted Orile bus stop by coker as a representation of the entire state of Lagos, doesn't this make you a clown? Why not post Lekki, Ikoyi, VI, Ikeja, Ilupeju, Surulere, Gbagada,, Banana Island and other places. So a dump site for market people is now your entire Lagos? That place is where those traders opposite dump their waste. Lagos have improved, it has improved in so many ways . People throw trash not government
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nestiga: 5:14am On Aug 15, 2018
Money can beget money, and its offspring can beget more, and so on. .........

Five shillings turned to six....... and so on till it becomes a hundred pounds.

Why not start investing today to secure your tomorrow. ....
In custodian, we can help you secure your tomorrow.......
Just ask us why......by sending your enquiries to: custodianassuresales@gmail.com or 08076206724, 09083504046

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nestiga: 5:15am On Aug 15, 2018
Money can beget money, and its offspring can beget more, and so on. .........

Why not start investing today to secure your tomorrow. ....At custodian, we can help you secure your tomorrow.......
Just ask us why......by sending your enquiries to: custodianassuresales@gmail.com or 08076206724, 09083504046

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nestiga: 5:17am On Aug 15, 2018
oney can beget money, and its offspring can beget more, and so on. .........

Why not start investing today to secure your tomorrow. ....
In custodian, we can help you secure your tomorrow.......
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Adakintroy: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2018
bikassava:

u are a dummie angry
u are a dummie

You degenerate so fast friend. What do you gain from childish disrespect. Stand up straight and address issues. If you have a contrary view to mine, it's normal.
you can go ahead and state without the necessary insult.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2018
Mizwisdom:

You posted Orile bus stop by coker as a representation of the entire state of Lagos, doesn't this make you a clown? Why not post Lekki, Ikoyi, VI, Ikeja, Ilupeju, Surulere, Gbagada,, Banana Island and other places. So a dump site for market people is now your entire Lagos? That place is where those traders opposite dump their waste. Lagos have improved, it has improved in so many ways . People throw trash not government

Did you see the screen shot of the thread by ngene complaining that it is virtually everywhere? Including VI, lekki, ajah ikeja etc...Did you also go through the thread?

Apapa is one of the commercial hub due to the ports there, just google how dirty,stinking and bad the roads are there. In fact the VP had to make an order of tankers and trailers to move out from Cele, to mile 2 all the way down to coconut and beyond apapa yet they are still there.

Madam, google is your friend.

My own is that ,stop spreading lies online.

If you don't go out much, just restrict it to ur street.

Also, People throw trash when the government failed to make proper arrangements for waste disposal. It is the government job to make proper waste disposal not the people.

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2018
Mizwisdom:

This is tin can apapa.

Am sure these places are heaven on earth according to you.

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 8:23am On Aug 15, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Here is another thread and link by autojosh a popular nairalander complaining about how everywhere in Lagos is dirty and filthy but only you are claiming that Lagos is clean and heaven on earth.

Here are the areas he listed including Ikeja and island areas;

Marina, Lagos

Tinubu Square, Lagos Island

Ojuelegba, Bus stop

Adeniran Ogunsanya, Surulere

Agege-Oshodi Expressway

Bolade Oshodi bus stop

Obalende

Western Avenue, Surulere

Mushin-Olosa

Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja

Masha, Surulere

Ejigbo

Ikeja-Under bridge

Click link below for the various pictures;

https://autojosh.com/mountains-of-garbage-a-common-feature-of-every-part-of-lagos-today/

https://www.nairaland.com/4406492/filthy-lagos-pictures-what-every
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2018
DeRay98:

Until Hurricane Catherina decimated New Orleans few yrs ago, the whole world didnt know that America has slumps with poverty riddled city and people. All they project is Hollywood. I begi!

So does that justify that Lagos is heaven on earth? Also the thread says worst in Africa. Please read before making comparisons
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Mizwisdom(f): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Did you see the screen shot of the thread by ngene complaining that it is virtually everywhere? Including VI, lekki, ajah ikeja etc...Did you also go through the thread?

Apapa is one of the commercial hub due to the ports there, just google how dirty,stinking and bad the roads are there. In fact the VP had to make an order of tankers and trailers to move out from Cele, to mile 2 all the way down to coconut and beyond apapa yet they are still there.

Madam, google is your friend.

My own is that ,stop spreading lies online.

If you don't go out much, just restrict it to ur street.

Also, People throw trash when the government failed to make proper arrangements for waste disposal. It is the government job to make proper waste disposal not the people.

It seems Ngenekwu is your only compass for Lagos,meaning you are not well informed. Lagos is very good and liveable. For example, you can take a direct bus from Okoko to Cms on the Island. You don't need to step down from one end to another. Also, food is cheap in mainland, security with SARS, Police , OPC and neighborhood watch has never been so good. What of light? Very good these days. Now we have good infrastructure, roads, covering at bus stops, pedestrian bridges, other things that make life easier unlike before. You keep posting refuse bins why are you afraid of posting good roads and nice places? I'm giving first hand information by saying Lagos is much better emergency and fire service response is commendable too. You should be finding faults with these instead of posting refuse like.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Mizwisdom(f): 8:58am On Aug 15, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

So does that justify that Lagos is heaven on earth? Also the thread says worst in Africa. Please read before making comparisons

Lagos cant be worst in Africa. It's a nice place to live
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 9:17am On Aug 15, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Lagos cant be worst in Africa. It's a nice place to live

What are your evidences?

No be by mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Flood: Passengers Rescued Alive After Being Carried Away. Photos / Bike Rider, Passenger Swept By Flood In Ogun, Narrowly Escaped Death / FAAN Officials Beat Female Passenger Till She Fainted For Recording Harassment B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.