Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report (25745 Views)

Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / EIU: Lagos Is The World’s Most Dangerous City / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
ObservantFellow:
But it's about the best for the average Nigerian.
Opportunities are far and few in the other cities in Nigeria.
So, the pressure remains centralised in Lagos, hence the 'badness'.

Lagos is the worst state to live in. Terrible experience in Lagos.

This was my comment below b4 this report

TheKingIsHere:
Lagos state is truely a disgusting place to live.

See how dirty the water is. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
Timil:
How is that even possible, when we have poorly developed areas like warri, umuahya, onitsha, uyo, akwa, birnin-kebbi, yola, bauchi and co.

Only a fool will believe this nonsense.

They are very right.

Lagos is a shitty state. I have people living there and they complain bitterly.

There is difference between a state that has the resources (lagos) to be world class but failed in every sphere to be so and a poverty state like yola
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2018
dermmy:
Me wey still dey plan to move to Lagos. Why this discouragement

Lagos is a shitty place to live in. Don't say u weren't warned.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Pyroex(m): 5:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
Everywhere for Lagos dey smell. Even their water Dey smell join

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
ghurene007:
well, that's hard to believe. Worst in what aspect, anyway?

Go to Lagos and see things for yourself.

I was highly disappointed when I visited Lagos.

Dirt, filt, abokii shiit mixed with gutter water plus tanker and trailers parked everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
maoolakanm:
HOW CAN MOGADISHU BE MORE LIVABLE THAN LAGOS.THE PEOPLE THAT PUT THIS RUBBISH TOGETHER MAY NEVER HAVE BEEN TO NIGERIA.BELIEVE THIS USELESS THING THEN YOU CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING.[size=8pt][/size]

You will be surprised that former war torn Rwanda is far better than Nigeria.

Our useless leaders have destroyed everything
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by arrestdarrester: 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

Seriously, I smell a big conspiracy.

Anyways, Baba Buhari till 2023

So you no know the meaning of percentages? See how you dey reason?

E no hard to know the 15m people wey put us inside this APC mess wey we dey today

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
This report is so going to discourage Gov. Ambode.
It is quite heart breaking.

If you agree with it, click 'Like
If you don't agree, go to HELL
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
toyetade:

I have been visiting Lagos in the last 10 years from UK and there have not been a better lagos than now. Improved Electricity, low crime, more organised transport , good infrastructures with Rail system developing by the side. That report is rubish. We know where we are coming from and our leaders should continue the good work

I am here suprised too. For one thing, all the police road blocks are gone

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
cooltola:
Sometimes, I begin to think there is some racist elements when they are grading Lagos and other African cities as the worst city to live in. , For a city in of one of the most corrupt country, it is quite impressive that Lagos still manage to work despite boosting a huge population. Some cities look very nice on the outside, but if you venture and live in those cities at night you go know e.g Chicago.

Tell us the areas where Lagos is working?

You mention the huge population but failed to mention the huge money Lagos gets from tax alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
DavidEsq:

Can u do that same thing in Libya and survive to tell the story?
Libya is a war torn zone.
Is Lagos a war torn zone?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
Gabbysky:
This report is so going to discourage Gov. Ambode.
It is quite heart breaking.

If you agree with it, click 'Like
If you don't agree, go to HELL

#AmbodeMustGo together with his arrogant wife who got a pstor sacked!
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by gentlegenius(m): 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:
The reason I don't believe these so-called news is because they are void of facts. How can Baghdad, Juba, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Mosul and other murder stricken cities be better than Lagos?

That's how one nonsense published that Nigeria has superceded India in poverty (!?) It just doesn't make sense, Indians are well over a billion(1.3 billion) and 60% of these population don't have access to toilets which is around 780 million people. So if 780 million people don't have a basic structure as a toilet, how on earth does Nigeria a country of 200 million people have more living in poverty? angry

I suspected that you were saying all these to promote your baba at the end...
But sorry to disappoint you, your baba is bad market already... And we don't buy bad market here.
Pls find somewhere else to sell him.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Goddyj(m): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

Bros calm down. Do you know that if 60% of India,780 million people have no access to toilet facilities, it doesn't mean they are worse than Nigeria. About 70% of Nigerians have no access to toilet facilities. It doesn't matter if the 70% represents only 130 million people. Thanks
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Edge1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

Buhari kii u there. Sai barbarian.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Adakintroy: 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
skallion7:
you're Igbo right?

Am a nigerian first, then aka ibom.
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
toyetade:

I have been visiting Lagos in the last 10 years from UK and there have not been a better lagos than now. Improved Electricity, low crime, more organised transport , good infrastructures with Rail system developing by the side. That report is rubish. We know where we are coming from and our leaders should continue the good work

You are a bloody liar and God will certainly punish you for this lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
DeRay98:
This is these Western sponsored propaganda agencies keep tarnishing rising African countries and economies just put us down.

Go to apapa and post pictures of what you see there to prove them wrong na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

I am here suprised too. For one thing, all the police road blocks are gone

If you are in Lagos go to apapa and post pictures of what you see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by slysteel: 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Demmzy15:

See dem,cpm paring war torn cities with lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by DavidEsq(m): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
Libya is a war torn zone.
Is Lagos a war torn zone?
Who and who are fighting there? Abi na u and ur village ppl?
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
DavidEsq:

Who and who are fighting there? Abi na u and ur village ppl?

I don't argue with dumb ignorant people online.

Google is ur friend. Use it

https://www.economist.com/middle-east-and-africa/2018/04/05/war-torn-libya-plans-an-election
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You are a bloody liar and God will certainly punish you for this lies.
You don't have to curse me. It only shows the kind of person you are. I am talking from my own experience and what I said are fact. I have been based in UK in the last 17years
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
slysteel:
See dem,cpm paring war torn cities with lagos

I dey tell u. A lot of dumb people on this Nairaland
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
toyetade:

You don't have to curse me. It only shows the kind of person you are. I am talking from my own experience and what I said are fact. I have been based in UK in the last 17years

It is not a curse. You cant say what you dont know...You claim u stay in UK yet come to spew lies that the government is working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

If you are in Lagos go to apapa and post pictures of what you see

I hear apapa wharf is bad?
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by DavidEsq(m): 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

I don't argue with dumb ignorant people online.

Google is ur friend. Use it

https://www.economist.com/middle-east-and-africa/2018/04/05/war-torn-libya-plans-an-election
Dis is how punks roll
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

I hear apapa wharf is bad?

Not only apapa. Everywhere in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
Pyroex:
Everywhere for Lagos dey smell. Even their water Dey smell join

Lie. Our area water from our bore hole no dey smell
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by ameri9ja: 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Not only apapa. Everywhere in Lagos.

They have removed all the police checkpoints in my area. That's big improvement to me
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by CocoaOla: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
This country issa Scam PHCN number one scam government number two
Re: Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report by TheKingIsHere: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

They have removed all the police checkpoints in my area. That's big improvement to me

So because they removed the check point in your area, it means Lagos isn't the worst place to live in Africa?

Na wa o.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Flood At Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos Lobby During Rainfall / FAAN Officials Beat Female Passenger Till She Fainted For Recording Harassment B / Bike Rider, Passenger Swept By Flood In Ogun, Narrowly Escaped Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.