Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117698 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 12:57am On May 31, 2019
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:31am On Jun 02, 2019
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
radautoworks:
https://techcrunch.com/2019/06/01/u-s-state-department-begins-social-media-screening-for-nearly-all-visa-applicants/?tpcc=ECTW2019

What is the point of the social media screening ? Just a waste of time . The guys is doing way too much.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
Babyvet:

What is the point of the social media screening ? Just a waste of time . The guys is doing way too much.
Key words machine screening, only if there are some words, then human reading.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
123JohnF:

Key words machine screening, only if there are some words, then human reading.

Still a waste of time . It’s not his fault , if a lot of developing countries has basic infrastructure, fewer people would immigrate to America.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2019
I was at the UPS store but the lady said i should huy an envelope, go online and create a shipping label from UPS site and put it on the envelope.. is this the procedure?

Its for my passport renewal process in Atlanta GA this week.

Cc Mackynaija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
lionlee216:
I was at the UPS store but the lady said i should huy an envelope, go online and create a shipping label from UPS site and put it on the envelope.. is this the procedure?

Cc Mackynaija
Better buy a good hard envelope in any pharmacy or Post Office, go to USPS and send it as Priority with tracking number and insurance and under signature reception, ask for reception receipt, they will give you a tracking number and you can see online too. Post Office is Federal while UPS is private companies like a franchise. US Post Office is very secure and reliable. Usually domestic mail we all use USPS but sending mail abroad we use UPS or DHL just because our reliable mail system sends mail to other countries mail and in other countries can happen anything to your mail.
USPS in all USA is the best.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2019
123JohnF:

Better buy a good hard envelope in any pharmacy or Post Office, go to USPS and send it as Priority with tracking number and insurance and under signature reception, ask for reception receipt, they will give you a tracking number and you can see online too. Post Office is Federal while UPS is private companies like a franchise. US Post Office is very secure and reliable. Usually domestic mail we all use USPS but sending mail abroad we use UPS or DHL just because our reliable mail system sends mail to other countries mail and in other countries can happen anything to your mail.

The Nigeria consulate requires UPS return prepaid envelope hence the reason i am using it..

All i need to to create a label online, put on the envelope and submit to the consulate right?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
lionlee216:

The Nigeria consulate requires UPS return prepaid envelope hence the reason i am using it..

All i need to to create a label online, put on the envelope and submit to the consulate right?

UPS is safe too...you can also track your sent or receiving packages or mails.

I hope you are getting the 10 years validity Nigerian passport?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
lionlee216:

Tell them at UPS they know exactly what to do. They now have reusable envelopes. They put the return label inside and the embassy uses the same envelope

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
lionlee216:

You can print online or go to another UPS store where they weight and print labels for any packages.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2019
radautoworks:

Tell them at UPS they know exactly what to do. They now have reusable envelopes. They put the return label inside and the embassy uses the same envelope
Exactly. But go to another store where they do their job.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2019
radautoworks:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-slaps-5-tariff-on-mexican-imports-until-illegal-immigration-problem-solved-2019-05-30

This guy is something else

At the end of the day who lose??.
Of course the consumers who are mostly Americans.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2019
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
lionlee216:

Cc Mackynaija

That is the process but they can still help you do same.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
123JohnF:

Just in the quest to promote your organisation,you completely missed the point.
Most high commisions don't deal with USPS for official transactions.that USPS is the best and safest clearly shows you are economical with the truth.send 5 mails to New York through usps,God help you get 2 delivered safely.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

USPS is the best and safest clearly shows you are economical with the truth.send 5 mails to New York through usps,God help you get 2 delivered safely.

This is very true... usps is messed up...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
The Consulate will be closed down on Tuesday and Wednesday and my appointment was rescheduled to Thursday. Now i will have to do a new car rental and hotel. Another flight as delta didnt allow me to change my flight. I will call maybe another agent will help me out embarassed

To renew passport sef nawa. This holiday just spoiled all my plans..

I tire for naija. This thing weak me jare
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 12:37am On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:
The Consulate will be closed down on Tuesday and Wednesday and my appointment was rescheduled to Thursday. Now i will have to do a new car rental and hotel. Another flight as delta didnt allow me to change my flight. I will call maybe another agent will help me out embarassed

Lol...the system is not the issue but the people running it.i would have just advised you go to DC instead of Atlanta but be prepared for worse case scenario.
Next time always book flights or hotels that offers flexibilities especially when you are dealing with anything that had to do with Nigeria.try to call the hotel customer care,they may change the dates for you since you are not seeking a refund but just a change of dates but be ready for a long call if booked through a third party.Goodluck.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 1:25am On Jun 04, 2019
Is the 10 year validity naija passport available in dc?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 2:12am On Jun 04, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

Next time always book flights or hotels that offers flexibilities especially when you are dealing with anything that had to do with Nigeria.

Lesson well learnt the hard way. Now i have to book another return tickets.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 2:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Babyvet:
Is the 10 year validity naija passport available in dc?

Nope

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 2:29am On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Nope

I thought it coming here around late April.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by MackyNaija(m): 2:48am On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Cc Mackynaija
I don't understand you clearly...
Are you scheduled to renew your Nigerian passport at the Atlanta, Ga consulate?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 3:12am On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

I don't understand you clearly...
Are you scheduled to renew your Nigerian passport at the Atlanta, Ga consulate?

Yes sir for June 5th
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 5:19am On Jun 04, 2019
radautoworks:
https://techcrunch.com/2019/06/01/u-s-state-department-begins-social-media-screening-for-nearly-all-visa-applicants/?tpcc=ECTW2019

this is nothing new, most jobs do that, it is called background/security check, anyway the US embassy have been doing social media screening unofficially before trump came into office. Nothing new but it has been a good way to catch potential terrorists and those who submit fraudulent application.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:56am On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

This is very true... usps is messed up...

No, is not USPS. The embassies have agreements with UPS and will not accept anything else. Same with UK consulate
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:58am On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Call the number below. He's helped me with passport, visas etc for years. He used to be next door but moved a little further away. His name is Edwin. +1 770-369-6509

Or do you mean travel agent?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 8:00am On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Lesson well learnt the hard way. Now i have to book another return tickets.

I might be able to help you there. Travel hacking is a hobby of mine. Give me destination cities and dates and let me know cheapest price you have

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by MackyNaija(m): 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Yes sir for June 5th
I bought a 'return envelope' from USPS for about $10. It's the priority mail size.
When your passport is renewed, our consulate will use that envelope to send your renewed passport to you.

When you get to Atlanta, they'll tell you to write their Addy and your Addy in the From & To fields.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

I bought a 'return envelope' from USPS for about $10. It's the priority mail size.
When your passport is renewed, our consulate will use that envelope to send your renewed passport to you.

When you get to Atlanta, they'll tell you to write their Addy and your Addy in the From & To fields.

Thanks boss. They don't accept usps return envelope anymore. I have done the UPS return envelope.

Thanks boss Mr 4.0GPA grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Crystal Service immigration Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.