Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117758 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by MackyNaija(m): 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Thanks boss. They don't accept usps return envelope anymore. I have done the UPS return envelope.

Thanks boss Mr 4.0GPA grin
I can bet they didn't update that on their website.
Remember you won't get it anytime soon except you use 'special services' same day arrangement.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

I can bet they didn't update that on their website.
Remember you won't get it anytime soon except you use 'special services' same day arrangement.

Infact I need same day arrangement special services badly.. How do I go about this please? embarassed
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by MackyNaija(m): 1:51pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Infact I need same day arrangement special services badly.. How do I go about this please? embarassed
Do you have $500 to throw away on a passport?

First, you'll abandon the Atl $106 and flight booking, make new flight and accommodation plans for NY, then pay a new NY $106 and pay about $200 in special services fee.

Only the passport will cost you $500, two flight and accommodation plans extra cost. I know someone who did this cos he lost his dad and needed to touch base immediately.

Abeg stick to your current Atl plan. cheesy
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

Do you have $500 to throw away on a passport?

First, you'll abandon the Atl $106 and flight booking, make new flight and accommodation plans for NY, then pay a new NY $106 and pay about $200 in special services fee.

Only the passport will cost you $500, two flight and accommodation plans extra cost. I know someone who did this cos he lost his dad and needed to touch base immediately.

Abeg stick to your current Atl plan. cheesy

lol ontop I wan renew passport go Naija? $500. I will never pay that kind of money in federal govt account. Wetin I benefit from them? shocked

Make i just stick to my ATL plans as u adviced cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

lol ontop I wan renew passport go Naija? $500. I will never pay that kind of money in federal govt account. Wetin I benefit from them? shocked

Make i just stick to my ATL plans as u adviced cool

You are just giving yourself unnecessary headache over nothing.applying for or renewing a passport in US doesn't worth the stress.let me suggest an option though with some risks especially when your trip duration is very short.travel home with your expired passport and I bet you will get it done in Lagos or Abuja with less stress and less money with less time.
That's what I do,I don't Have time for these high commision in the US incompetence.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

You are just giving yourself unnecessary headache over nothing.applying for or renewing a passport in US doesn't worth the stress.let me suggest an option though with some risks especially when your trip duration is very short.travel home with your expired passport and I bet you will get it done in Lagos or Abuja with less stress and less money with less time.
That's what I do,I don't Have time for these high commision in the US incompetence.

I swear I never knew this! Chai! We learn everyday...

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
thebosstrevor:

this is nothing new, most jobs do that, it is called background/security check, anyway the US embassy have been doing social media screening unofficially before trump came into office. Nothing new but it has been a good way to catch potential terrorists and those who submit fraudulent application.
True.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
If you go to Atlanta and Nigerian embassy makes you troubles, delay your passport or visa issue, it's their business they want to do on the side. Get out of the embassy and see in front a private agency who does visas and documents, get in, ask them, pay and they will do it fast. I personally got my visa in 1 hour with them after trying half a day in Nigerian embassy and listening to all nonsense.
Edventure Nigeria Passport and Visa just in front of the embassy. It's the way to make money for Nigerian embassy employees.
8050 Roswell Rd #100, Atlanta, GA 30350
https://www.nigeriapassportandvisas.com/
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:
If you go to Atlanta and Nigerian embassy makes you troubles, delay your passport or visa issue, it's their business they want to do on the side. Get out of the embassy and see in front a private agency who does visas and documents, get in, ask them, pay and they will do it fast. I personally got my visa in 1 hour with them after trying half a day in Nigerian embassy and listening to all nonsense.
Edventure Nigeria Passport and Visa just in front of the embassy. It's the way to make money for Nigerian embassy employees.

Someone is talking about passport you are here talking about visa issuance.they are two different types that requires different processes.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

Someone is talking about passport you are here talking about visa issuance.they are two different types that requires different processes.
They do passport and visa, read their website. It's the embassy employees family people, it's the Nigerian government private business in US.

I guess I don't need to give any advice here, Nigerians always think bad and start attacking when is it help.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:

They do passport and visa, read their website. It's the embassy employees family people, it's the Nigerian government private business in US.

I guess I don't need to give any advice here, Nigerians always think bad and start attacking when is it help.

I already contacted them..

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

I already contacted them..
They really do it. You sit in their office and they go to Nigerian embassy with your documents and talk to their people. Then you go and get your passport or visa in the embassy, no questions asked. It works. This agency even make copies for you or send emails or anything if it's needed, just ask. To me it was worth it to pay them and being treated well. Nigerian embassy employees are rude and I see why.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:

They really do it. You sit in their office and they go to Nigerian embassy with your documents and talk to their people. Then you go and get your passport or visa in the embassy, no questions asked. It works. This agency even make copies for you or send emails or anything if it's needed, just ask. To me it was worth it to pay them and being treated well. Nigerian embassy employees are rude and I see why.

How much is their cost for like getting/renewing the passport or visa?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:

Called but not reachable but i will check on them when i reach Atlanta.

Nigeria and bribe/corruption. Well, i dont mind paying as long as i get my passport sharp sharp.

This is helpful. You have idea about the fees(Passport)?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Nigeria and bribe/corruption. Well, i dont mind paying as long as i get my passport sharp sharp.

I don't know about the passport cost, I did visa with them, they were very helpful and it wasn't expensive, I don't remember now how much, it was about 2 years ago. Ask them by email, it saves you time and nerves.
I am not advertising them, it's what I saw with my own eyes, small advice.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:

I guess you are still new on this thread.nobody hates on anybody here.am not by any way disputing your claim,I only responded directly to your post.The process of obtaining a visa is different from passport.A visa can be obtained within a day in virtually all embassies around.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

Most countries outsourced their consular services out for efficiency,may be that could be Nigeria own too.
I remember some years back I used to use VSF GLOBAL services for my UK and others and I guess they still do till date.It is faster and more efficient.
I doubt if Atlanta center can do same day passport renewal.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

USE. THE. NUMBER. I. GAVE. YOU.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2019
lionlee216:

I swear I never knew this! Chai! We learn everyday...

Thanks so much

Not true. I've always done mine and my family's on Atlanta same day. Usually arrive the night before, depart same day after getting passport. Been doing this for a LONG time. We tried ikeja and ikoyi once and when we spend money tire my husband got his same day in NY. Just call the bloody number.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:

THANK YOU. THAT IS THE SAME PERSON I TOLD HIM TO CALL SINCE SMH. His office has moved a little way away though. Was just there in October and did my new baby's and my stepson's passports. Approved same day then they mail to you if you are not in a hurry. I showed plane ticket and it was mailed to me in Houston in 3 days.

For plane ticket, I just used some airline points and cancelled after.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nig4Greatness:
I guess you are still new on this thread.nobody hates on anybody here.am not by any way disputing your claim,I only responded directly to your post.The process of obtaining a visa is different from passport.A visa can be obtained within a day in virtually all embassies around.

N. Same guys do both
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 12:06am On Jun 05, 2019
radautoworks:

USE. THE. NUMBER. I. GAVE. YOU.

Yes I did...

Thanks alot and I appreciate
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 3:15am On Jun 05, 2019
radautoworks:

N. Same guys do both

Nobody is saying you can't do your passport same day After all that's what your appointment would do for you...paperwork and data capturing but getting it back same day is what I dispute.even the main high commission in NY can't do same day delivery.
Besides,am.sure you agree it cost way much than the normal fees to get that expedited option done.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 3:43am On Jun 05, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

Nobody is saying you can't do your passport same day After all that's what your appointment would do for you...paperwork and data capturing but getting it back same day is what I dispute.even the main high commission in NY can't do same day delivery.
Besides,am.sure you agree it cost way much than the normal fees to get that expedited option done.

If by way much you mean $300 including passport fees then yes. The only time I didn't get same day was the last one above that I did late last year and that was sent to me 3 days later in Houston.

For visas and travel letters, he usually guarantees 3-5 days from when received.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 6:43am On Jun 05, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

You can get your Nigerian passport the same day from the Consulate General in New York City...

But you will have to pay a $60 Expedited Processing fee using a Money Order...

I also got my United States Passport the same day from the Washington Passport Agency in Washington D.C.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 6:49am On Jun 05, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

When I renewed my Nigerian Passport for the first time at the Nigerian Consulate General in Atlanta, I couldn’t get back the same day because I arrived late at the Consulate General & there were too many people yet to be attended...

I was asked to come back the following day by 10:00 AM to pick up my Nigerian Passport...

When I arrived, my passport was ready for pickup...

I also paid about $60 to the Consulate General for expedited processing using Money Order I got from Kroger...

I ended up spending the night at the Comfort Inn in Roswell, GA which is approximately about 30 minutes by Uber from the Consulate General in Atlanta, GA without traffic...

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2019
Having used New York, Atlanta, ikeja and ikoyi, I can say that Atlanta is the best for renewals followed by NY for first time.

Why do many? There are 5 of us in my family and we have different renewal dates undecided
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
Hmmm, so has anyone so far gotten the 10 years validity with the renewing of their Nigerian passport?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2019
Beautyaddy:
Hmmm, so has anyone so far gotten the 10 years validity with the renewing of their Nigerian passport?

As far as I know 5 years is the max
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
radautoworks:
Having used New York, Atlanta, ikeja and ikoyi, I can say that Atlanta is the best for renewals followed by NY for first time.

Why do many? There are 5 of us in my family and we have different renewal dates undecided

I called the guy when are supposed to meet tomorrow. He was unable to gurantee me same day passport tomorrow but i will see how it goes
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
lionlee216:

I called the guy when are supposed to meet tomorrow. He was unable to gurantee me same day passport tomorrow but i will see how it goes

At the worst, you'll be processed and it will be mailed to you in a couple of days. Now you know, next time do everything ahead and only show up when he says.

He's a really nice guy. I met him in 2011 back when my daughter died and I needed to go to Nigeria and didn't have valid passport. Embassy was giving me hell and I wandered into his place to make a copy since he was next door. He helped me for free! I've used him ever since.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lionlee216(m): 4:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
radautoworks:

At the worst, you'll be processed and it will be mailed to you in a couple of days. Now you know, next time do everything ahead and only show up when he says.

Sure, thanks for the help.. i really appreciate..

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Crystal Service immigration Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.