Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (118353 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Backfornow:

I really like BWI. My airport in Indy was rated as the best from some prestigious authority. I don't know why. It is really clean. undecided

Really ? Bwi is my home airport , I just consider it okay.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
Generalkorex:
I don come again o. Please gather and help
I've searched tire and I ended here.
How do I renew US passport for a child of 5 years . She was born in US, but now in UK(the whole family) .
I need answers to the following.
1. Fees : breakdown of fees
2. Requirement
3. Document needed.
4. Website to feel form if available
5. Are we printing anything or booking appointment for this.

Please fam. Help out

Renewing a US passport is easy , the link below give you steps for someone living in the U.K.
https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/child-passport-renewal-under-age-of-16/

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
Babyvet:

Really ? Bwi is my home airport , I just consider it okay.

Yeah, I like it. Well, it's most likely bc there was an accessory store in there that I really liked. embarassed
DCA is okay too. I thought it would be better due to its location. I do have a good memory there. There was this one time where I missed the last flight of the night and spent the night there.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Generalkorex(m): 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
Babyvet:

Renewing a US passport is easy , the link below give you steps for someone living in the U.K.
https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/child-passport-renewal-under-age-of-16/

Thank you sir
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hello friends, its been a while. I'm making plans of migrating to Richmond, Virginia by next year after which I will relocate to silicon valley in the future. What can you say about the city for a budding techpreneur and a Nigerian like me.
Cc: backfornow, babyvet et all.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by hammed71(m): 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
Dremca:
Hello friends, its been a while. I'm making plans of migrating to Richmond, Virginia by next year after which I will relocate to silicon valley in the future. What can you say about the city for a budding techpreneur and a Nigerian like me.
are you relocating through f1 or H1b
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hopefully via F1
hammed71:
are you relocating through f1 or H1b
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Dremca:
Nice place. Explore and drive a little south, Hampton and Hampton roads, good for IT jobs, seafood, beach (close by cities), outlet brands stores and attractions.

Silicon Valley? Only if you have a very good job paying very well, expensive living.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:34am On Jun 17, 2019
Dremca:

I like Richmond. What can you not do in Richmond that you can do in Silicine Valley. Economically you would probably be better off in Virginia. DC is a train ride away which there loads of opportunity/contacts there. Virginia Tech which is a good university is in Richmond where there are some brilliant minds. Virginia Beach is 2 hrs drive away. Good food etc. But it is Jim Crow South, so...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 17, 2019
Dremca:

Just curious, why Richmond?
And
Congrats on your new adventure.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
I believe there are more tech presence, opportunities and network in silicon valley when compared to Richmond area. I plan staying there for some few years due to its cheaper cost of living, then save up and move to the west.
Backfornow:

I like Richmond. What can you not do in Richmond that you can do in Silicine Valley. Economically you would probably be better off in Virginia. DC is a train ride away which there loads of opportunity/contacts there. Virginia Tech which is a good university is in Richmond where there are some brilliant minds. Virginia Beach is 2 hrs drive away. Good food etc. But it is Jim Crow South, so...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
Based on research, I found out it has a reasonable tech presence. However, this is just my own finding and that's why am seeking opinions from people who have been there. I need general information as regards culture, racism, cost of living and opportunities.
Backfornow:

Just curious, why Richmond?
And
Congrats on your new adventure.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Theflint1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2019

H

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
Theflint1:

Hello house, which states are best for an immigrant looking to hustle (under the table) while schooling?

lol!...Why do you have to work under the table while schooling? What happened to the student visa rules of not working more than 20 hours and needs your school approval.

Also, I was under the impression that genuine student with valid student visas are granted temporary work permits to use to work while school is out of session?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
Dremca:
Based on research, I found out it has a reasonable tech presence. However, this is just my own finding and that's why am seeking opinions from people who have been there. I need general information as regards culture, racism, cost of living and opportunities.

I think you will be fine in Richmond. Like I said earlier there are opportunities in Richmond. Depending on your age and temperament you might like living closer to the college campus as it's more diverse and more things to do. Richmond is relatively affordable and safe. Lots of people commute from Richmond and other parts of Virginia Washington DC by train or car where there is infinite amounts of opportunities and things to see and do. Virginia Beach which is a popular destination cuz it's near the Atlantic ocean is a 2 hr drive, and it's nice. I won't sugarcoat that Virginia has a deep rooted history of racism as all states in the deep south. However, people of color do thrive there and most dont have any major problems now. But just know it's under the surface, anybody who tells you different is either lying or naive. As far as housing I can ask my aunt what she recommends as she lives there. Do you have some specific questions and I can ask her for you.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Theflint1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
Backfornow:

I think you will be fine in Richmond. Like I said earlier there are opportunities in Richmond. Depending on your age and temperament you might like living closer to the college campus as it's more diverse and more things to do. Richmond is relatively affordable and safe. Lots of people commute from Richmond and other parts of Virginia Washington DC by train or car where there is infinite amounts of opportunities and things to see and do. Virginia Beach which is a popular destination cuz it's near the Atlantic ocean is a 2 hr drive, and it's nice. I won't sugarcoat that Virginia has a deep rooted history of racism as all states in the deep south. However, people of color do thrive there and most dont have any major problems now. But just know it's under the surface, anybody who tells you different is either lying or naive. As far as housing I can ask my aunt what she recommends as she lives there. Do you have some specific questions and I can ask her for you.
Not so much lately. Washington DC has so many blacks, Richmond and Hampton roads have military people, many bases, military people is well traveled and live every day together, many different race. Richmond is a good IT jobs market.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
123JohnF:

Not so much lately. Washington DC has so many blacks, Richmond and Hampton roads have military people, many bases, military people is well traveled and live every day together, many different race. Richmond is a good IT jobs market.

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:07am On Jun 18, 2019
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:35am On Jun 18, 2019
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 4:51am On Jun 21, 2019
radautoworks:
https://www.axios.com/trump-ice-will-begin-removing-millions-of-undocumented-migrants-soon-7a395dbf-2962-4548-b2a3-58c53f8e46e7.html

Trying to distract from low poll numbers I guess. Same old pattern.

Confused man,always chasing shadows..
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 4:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Trump impending war with Iran....a political statement or typical republicans warmongering for capital gains??..
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 5:57am On Jun 21, 2019
Nig4Greatness:
Trump impending war with Iran....a political statement or typical republicans warmongering for capital gains??..

He ordered military strike and backed out at last second... After saying this morning Iran unintentionally downed the drone. Is he not confused?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 7:24am On Jun 21, 2019
What do you guys think about the mysterious deaths happening in the DR?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 9:28am On Jun 21, 2019
Babyvet:

Nothing mysterious. Is business as usual. Only a blip on the radar because of big papi. Elsewhere, https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/zmpkz8/a-migrant-smuggling-coyote-told-us-trumps-policies-have-been-great-for-business
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
Babyvet:

Idk, seems kinda of fishy to me.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
Backfornow:

Yes, very, very fishy indeed. undecided
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Davidkking(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Babyvet:
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
All of you over stay or working on student visas have been warned o

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/21/politics/ice-immigration-raids/index.html
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 3:43am On Jun 22, 2019
radautoworks:
All of you over stay or working on student visas have been warned o

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/21/politics/ice-immigration-raids/index.html

Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York and San Francisco.

Trump is targeting those cities for his deportation clampdown.

This guy is trying to change the narratives......firing up his base as he did in 2016.he's facing the hard reality that winning a reelection is more a bigger task.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
Backfornow:

I think people should stay away from there for now . But traveling now a days is just becoming unsafe especially for Americans. They don’t understand that developing countries function very differently from America.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by kroger: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
Babyvet:

I think people should stay away from there for now . But traveling now a days is just becoming unsafe especially for Americans. They don’t understand that developing countries function very differently from America.

All countries are still developing including America..

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (73) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders / The Crystal Service immigration Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.