Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Emir Of Daura To Confer Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu With Traditional Title - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Daura To Confer Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu With Traditional Title (855 Views)

Why I Ran Away From Daura To London – Buhari / Breaking!! AbiaApcRally:Dr Orji Uzor Kalu Lands In Umuahia / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Daura To Confer Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu With Traditional Title by meethumb: 8:06am On Aug 16, 2018
The Emir of Daura HRH. Alhaji Dr. Umar Farouq (CON) will confer a Traditional Chieftaincy title on former Governor of Abia State and eminent Businessman, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu.

This was disclosed in a letter addressed to the former Governor on the 8th of August , 2018 signed by the Emir himself HRH. Alhaji Dr. Umar Farouq (CON).

This is coming few months after the former Governor of Abia State embarked on Peace Tours of the Southwest in April and Northwest in June this year. On the 15th of June he visited Katsina State where he was received by the Emir and also met other community stakeholders.

Dr. Kalu had during the tour met with various traditional rulers , community gatherings and other stakeholders where he preached the need for peaceful coexistence and tolerance for country Nigeria to make progress. He also used the tour to promote the achievements of the Buhari led administration and the need for his re-election in 2019.

Part of the letter read:

"I have the pleasure to write and inform you about the conferment of the Traditional Title of "DAN BAIWAN HAUSA" on you, in appreciation of your unwavering support to our son, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, Bayajida II. Your achievements in Youth Development is commendable and appreciable apart from your contribution to the development of Abia State and the country ".

In a confirmation telephone chat with the Special Assistant on Media to the former Governor Mr.Kenneth Udeh he said: "Yes, I can confirm that his excellency Dr.Orji Uzor Kalu will be conferred with the traditional title by the Emir of Daura which as you know is where the President comes from. This is a great news not just for him but for all Nigerians."

"Apart his efforts in promoting the good works of the President and his re-election, it is also recognition of his selfless strides in preaching peace and unity on the need for peaceful coexistence in the country regardless of tribe or religious affiliation. Not also forgetting his numerous philanthropic and empowerment programmes."

"This shows that we can truly live as one despite our tribe or religious differences . The date for the turbaning ceremony will be revealed soonest to the public on an agreed date".

Reacall that during Yar’dua’s regime as governor of Katsina Dr. Kalu was honoured by the then Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Muhammed Kabir Usman as Maiyakin Katsina

He also holds more than 200 chieftaincy titles from different parts of the country, including Aha eji agamba of Igbere, Ikemba Ohafia, Aro of Ogbomosoland, Baa Danide of Borgu, Bobameeto, of Ijeshaland, Kachalla Misau in Bauchi state, Kpakpano Igbo in Delta State, to mention a few.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2018/08/emir-of-daura-to-confer-dr-orji-uzor-kalu-with-traditional-title.html

Re: Emir Of Daura To Confer Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu With Traditional Title by zlantanfan: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2018
Don't know why I believe this man is desperate
Re: Emir Of Daura To Confer Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu With Traditional Title by dukie25: 8:13am On Aug 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Emir Of Daura To Confer Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu With Traditional Title by hisgrace090: 8:15am On Aug 16, 2018
OUK building bridges as his hatters commit more succide.
Re: Emir Of Daura To Confer Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu With Traditional Title by magoo10(m): 8:27am On Aug 16, 2018
Between APC government and orji kalu I don't know who is deceiving the other more.

Una mumu never do
Re: Emir Of Daura To Confer Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu With Traditional Title by Tolexander: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2018

In a confirmation telephone chat with the Special
Assistant on Media to the former Governor
Mr.Kenneth Udeh he said: "Yes, I can confirm that
his excellency Dr.Orji Uzor Kalu will be conferred
with the traditional title by the Emir of Daura
which as you know is where the President comes
from. This is a great news not just for him but
for all Nigerians."
Wondering how a chieftaincy title conferred on Orji Uzor Kanu by Daura king has become a great news to Nigerians.

The man that made this statement is definitely on a codeine diet.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man / Osinbajo Inaugurates Trader Moni Program In Nyanya Market, Abuja / A Lifeless Evening With Buhari By Fredrick Nwabufo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.