Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? (731 Views)

People say Age Is Just A Number. Do you agree?(picture) / Imagine If This Was A Guy What Will People Say. / I Have Been "Ubunjanise" God Bless You Ubunja Read My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Gaspardd(m): 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
This question has been giving me sleepless nights.
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
na one Church bring am come
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
If You ask me,, na who i go ask?
D matter when we see so, i tey whey e start,,,
Nor be me, go talk am!!! E heavy for mouth,,,
If you ask me,, d matter for ground,,, na who i go ask?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Gaspardd(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Usually i point and laugh
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Gaspardd(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Blakjewelry:
na one Church bring am come

Redeem or catholic?
Most likely redeem, that church does so many meaniless things grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by izzou(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
How can the question be giving you sleepless nights? angry

You no get better things to worry about? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Gaspardd(m): 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
izzou:

Sir Isaac Newton was just thinking about apple under an apple tree when he came across gravitatiinal forces

Albert Einstien was just staring at a train through his window pane when he came about Relativity theory...thats d theory that conquered death.

So dude u see how thinking about unimportant things brought about monumental changes in human history.
So dude just shut up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Desiree47(f): 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gaspardd:

Redeem or catholic?
Most likely redeem, that church does so many meaniless things grin grin
why redeem? there are so many churches why most you choose to mention redeem?
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Gaspardd(m): 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Desiree47:

why redeem? there are so many churches why most you choose to mention redeem?

I gave the reason nah
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by donbachi(m): 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
It was just a superstitious believe,that when people sneeze.the devil want to take the soul of the person...so,to prevent the devil from stealing the soul.the incantation"bless you" was uttered to release the soul from the devil to it's rightful owner.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by machiti(m): 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
izzou:

Naa ehh, the thing tire me o
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Mizk(f): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
Because when you sneeze, your heart stops for micro seconds then start beating again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Headlesschicken(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
grin Slip of d tongue..
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by cooljude(m): 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
Op you've gotten your answer from Mizk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
It's actually because when you sneeze your heart stops for a working for a second's
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Goddyss(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Whenever one's soul is commanded to appear in a spiritual mirror, the spirit responds through physical action of sneezing. Not all sneezing has spiritual connotation attached to it...some are especially early morning, noon and midnight
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by futurerex: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
Bcoz it is a slogan to sneezing cheesy
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Gaspardd(m): 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
Mizk:
Because when you sneeze, your heart stops for micro seconds then start beating again.

Is it a blessing for sn's heart to stop beating for some micromini seconds?
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Mizk(f): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gaspardd:

Is it a blessing for sn's heart to stop beating for some micromini seconds?
Nope, but its a blessing you died and came back to life in seconds cheesy
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Gaspardd(m): 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
Goddyss:
Whenever one's soul is commanded to appear in a spiritual mirror, the spirit responds through physical action of sneezing. Not all sneezing has spiritual connotation attached to it...some are especially early morning, noon and midnight

donbachi:
It was just a superstitious believe,that when people sneeze.the devil want to take the soul of the person...so,to prevent the devil from stealing the soul.the incantation"bless you" was uttered to release the soul from the devil to it's rightful owner.

Then yelling Jesus' name should have been the appropriate reaction
Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by Gaspardd(m): 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
Mizk:
Nope, but its a blessing you died and came back to life in seconds cheesy

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Say "Bless You" When You Sneeze? by gaby(m): 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
Even the whites would say same. Like the Dutch would say Gezondheid (wishing you sound health).

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wondered Why She Stopped Calling?? / Make Sure You Are Alone Before Watching This Very Hot Video / Please A Friend Of Mine Need An Answers To This Delima He Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.