Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games (957 Views)

Reasons Why You Might Want To Consider Dating/ Marry A Chinese Woman / My Girlfriend Doesn't Consider Dating As Cheating... / 7 Reasons You Should Stay Far Away From Men Who Bet On Football Games (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by lawcrypto: 1:55am On Aug 20, 2018
It's interesting when people especially women wrongly assume that any man who gambles is useless. I try not to judge people because we all have our imperfections.
History is full of successful men who love moderate gambling. I will briefly give 6 reasons below why dating a man who gambles might not be as evil as many think and why they might just be the best for any lady.

1. They are Hardworking
It takes hard work to come up with weekly funds used in forecasting games. and let's face it most youths spend very little amounts in betting. I work hard everyday from 8 am to 4 pm and watch football on weekends. What is wrong with throwing in 1000 naira some other men will use to cancel several bottles of beer in betting and potentially multiplying it.

2. Dreamers are achievers
Atleast gamblers dare to dream. I think dreaming of hitting the jackpot is better than not dreaming at all especially in a country that kills ones dreams. Joseph's dream came through, martin Luther king's dream came through so I believe all the dreamers will make it one day with persistence.

3. Risk takers are likely to be successful
It's well known that risk takers are history makers and barrier breakers. I would prefer staking 1000 naira on 10 odds to give me 10000 naira than staking 1000 on a Naija girl that won't appreciate the worth. Afterall 1000 naira is almost worthless in Naija presently.

4. Broke men don't gamble
we all know Nigeria is very difficult presently with the high rate of inflation, poverty, unemployment e.t.c and any man with money to gamble is probably presently in a comfortable place in Nigeria. where will a broke man even get money to gamble?

5. Financial stability
Saying every man that gambles is in debt is a big fallacy. everything should be done in moderation. As with borrowing money to buy a car, borrowing money to gamble is a horrible idea. Gambling should be done with money that one can afford to lose. My guy used 500 Naira to win 180,000 just this last Thursday in some europa qualification matches. In my many years in the gambling Industry I have only come across one guy that borrowed 5,000 naira to gamble but I have seen numerous women borrow money to buy hair and clothes.

6. They are good lovers
money fuels love so just imagine the amount of goodies your man will shower on you if he finally wins a huge sum. My girl encourages me to gamble every week because she knows how much she has benefited from my winnings in the past and how much she will benefit in the future. She serves as my regulator i.e she monitors how much I put in and makes sure it's not something that will cause devastation if its lost.

The take home message is try to bet with moderation, don't put in what you can't afford to lose and ladies please don't dump your man because he gambles instead help him fight and conquer his addiction.

May the odds be in our favour. Amen

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by alterswerve(m): 4:29am On Aug 20, 2018
Yawns heavily
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by FreshBoss007: 4:32am On Aug 20, 2018
like seriously? they are hardworking ko?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by arsenalman(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2018
Nice points
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by babyfaceafrica: 7:34am On Aug 20, 2018
This is unnecessary abeg...the lady that made the first post generalized and she was lacking in quality content and facts... you should have just let her be....not every thing needs a reply

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by Humchi(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2018
I understand your points. They are actually true if i see it from your own perspective.

That doesn't mean the former thread is wrong anyway.

What i am going to say is my personal opinion, you see we shouldn't sugercoat something which is somehow twisted.

I think we should weigh the possibilities of one winning or hitting a jackpot and of one losing.

The possibility of one losing is much higher than one winning.
In gambing, one winning is 1 out of 10 while one losing is 9 out of 10.

The message former thread was preaching was that one should invest the time and money on something he or she wouldn't regret even if he loses.

Investing money on business is more sensible (i think) and worthdoing.

The proceeds from betting won't last long because you would go and bet with it again inquest to gather more, which you might lose everything it again.

But a business's proceed invested on the business would increase it profit and productivity.

My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by lawcrypto: 8:27am On Aug 20, 2018
@Humchi I understand that having a business is a more profitable venture but the amounts most Nigerian youths use in placing bets are tiny compared to what is required to run a successful business.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by lawcrypto: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2018
FreshBoss007:
like seriously?
they are hardworking ko?

Yes they are. It takes a lot of time, focus and understanding to follow different clubs and come up with the right combinations and odds. That's hardwork in its own way. You will be surprised the number of hard working Nigerians that gamble. I have a good day job and risking 1000 naira weekly is nothing to me.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by IamPlato(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2018

Yesterday A Friend Won 61k some Months Ago He Won Over 100k...

Dont Get Addicted To It. It Can Make Your Life Better Or It Can Destroy your Life... Betting Has Cost People Their Lives... Be Wise!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by SirMichael1: 9:26am On Aug 20, 2018
grin

Lol. You're a joke!!

Broke men don't bet??
Go to bet shops and see the number of people begging for #100 to play virtual.

I believe this whole pros and cons boils down to its lucrativeness. If I'm able to turnover #1000 into #100,000 in a month, wont that be termed lucrative here in Nigeria?

Betting becomes bad when you're losing and still spending your hard earned cash hoping to break waves. That's the pathetic aspect 'cause you put yourself and others at the mercy of your vile emotions when you lose and are dampen

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by SirMichael1: 9:35am On Aug 20, 2018
IamPlato:

Yesterday A Friend Won 61k some Months Ago He Won Over 100k...

Dont Get Addicted To It. It Can Make Your Life Better Or It Can Destroy your Life... Betting Has Cost People Their Lives... Be Wise!

This friend, how much was his stake on this 61k?

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 20, 2018
cry

This topic should be hidden or deleted.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by donbachi(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2018
Misplaced priorities....if i talk na some e-dogs go attack me.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by arsenalman(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2018
OfficialDad:
cry

This topic should be hidden or deleted.

Why should it be deleted? Everybody has equal rights to express his or her opinion and that's the reason nairaland is a successful forum we all love. Everyone mustn't see things from your own point f view.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by Moneyspeakingz: 11:02am On Aug 20, 2018
Play bet or no play bet, na una money?
I knw somebody wey don use bet buy car,I know person wey done use bet pay house rent and I also knw person wey bet don ruin..So,its a two wag thing...The most important is knw what you are doing
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2018
arsenalman:

Why should it be deleted? Everybody has equal rights to express his or her opinion and that's the reason nairaland is a successful forum we all love. Everyone mustn't see things from your own point f view.

He shouldn't have created a counter topic. Doing so would eventually make the first topic seem valid, whereas we all know that the first topic wrecks of foolishness and low mental thinking.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by Humchi(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2018
lawcrypto:
@Humchi I understand that having a business is a more profitable venture but the amounts most Nigerian youths use in placing bets are tiny compared to what is required to run a successful business.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Dating Men Who Bet On Football Games by Humchi(m): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2018
lawcrypto:

that is actually true.
But what of those that stacks 50k, 100k, 60k, their cars etc. I heard one used his school fees to gamble.?

What of those that upgrade?
From 5k to 20k?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Always Romance Is Started From Kiss?? And End Up On Sex?? / How? / Guys What Is The Softest Thing You've Touched In Your Life? Me It's BRESAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.