Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' (31423 Views)

Nigeria Won’t Float Naira, Emefiele Tells IMF, World Bank / Oke Obi-Enadhuze Who Tweeted ‘Nigeria Won’t End Me’ #EndSARS Protest Buried / 2019: What If Atiku Wins And Buhari Fails To Concede? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Ovamboland(m): 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ratello:

I will educate you this last time and that would be all. You said Atiku contested in 07, 11 and 15 obviously you were not in Nigeria back then to understand that Atiku till date only emerged a Presidential aspirant under AC (a regional party from Southwest extract) in 2007 only till date and never made it through in the primaries in 2011 and 2015 for many obvious reasons. You also bluffed when you said he lost his homestate to Yaradua and Buhari in 2007, grin grin the question still comes to you, under what party did he contest on? AC, a more like a southwestern party compared to a National Party like PDP Yaradua was contesting under and another established National party, ANPP, Buhari was contesting under? Try to study your politics 101 next time before you jump into erroneous conclusion. Thank you for your time but no thanks. If Atiku emerge under a National party as PDP on October 6 at the primaries then let's wait and see how 2019 elections will pan out, enough said.

And you think if Buhari contested the presidency in 2007 under ACN platform he would only get 30k votes in Adamawa? Forget what he would get in Katsina his home state.
And it's the same Buhari you want Atiku to go and defeat. Even PDP will not buy that joke, they just need his money and to tie him down from financing any other party till it's too late.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Ovamboland(m): 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
MrMcJay:

Atiku contest Presidential primaries under SDP in 1992, Abiola defeated him, Kingibe was second.

Atiku contested the Presidential election in 2007, Yar'Adua beat him.

CPC was a regional party like AC, Buhari contested under CPC in 2011 and got 12M votes. Atiku contested Presidential primaries in PDP, GEJ trounced him. Atiku didn't go past primaries.

He further contested under APC in 2015, Buhari destroyed him.

What you should ask yourself is why Buhari under CPC a regional party beat Atiku under another regional party in Atiku's home state. Buhari had 1000% of Atiku's votes.

Now, all Atiku needs is final burial. People like you are political undertakers, your job is to ensure he's politically embalmed and buried. Same thing you did to GEJ.

I want PDP to field Atiku so that he'll get befitting political burial and you'll shut up forever.

This is a bad uppercut

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Icon79(m): 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Doyin Okupe is a smart man. Atiku is a thief and Bukola Saraki is even a bigger thief. But, with that said, I will definitely take Saraki over a religious fanatic like Buhari.

If Buhari rules for another 4 years, Nigeria would be turned into an Islamic Republic.

O pari
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by hmuhammad(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ratello:

I will educate you this last time and that would be all. You said Atiku contested in 07, 11 and 15 obviously you were not in Nigeria back then to understand that Atiku till date only emerged a Presidential aspirant under AC (a regional party from Southwest extract) in 2007 only till date and never made it through in the primaries in 2011 and 2015 for many obvious reasons. You also bluffed when you said he lost his homestate to Yaradua and Buhari in 2007, grin grin the question still comes to you, under what party did he contest on? AC, a more like a southwestern party compared to a National Party like PDP Yaradua was contesting under and another established National party, ANPP, Buhari was contesting under? Try to study your politics 101 next time before you jump into erroneous conclusion. Thank you for your time but no thanks. If Atiku emerge under a National party as PDP on October 6 at the primaries then let's wait and see how 2019 elections will pan out, enough said.
have you travelled out of southern Nigeria before? I am a northerner and a confirmed one, Atiku can never garner 10% of Buhari's total northern votes.

Person go just sidon for his backyard de type rubbish, ask 1000 northerners today 950 will tell you they are for Buhari. None of PDP aspirants can defeat Buhari guy

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Sgwin: 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ask obj he will tell you better... I don't support buhari but instead atiku will rule let buhari rules us again

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by MrMcJay(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
tiredoflife:

Nigerian elections are not won by the number of votes but by 2/3 majority

With all ur stance I thought by now u should know this

6 million votes in northwest can't make u the President
2/3 majority in all the zones is what makes u the President

Didn't you see where I asked that guy to mention 4 states in the North where Atiku would win and he couldn't mention a single one?

Learn to read before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by tiredoflife(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
MrMcJay:

Didn't you see where I asked that guy to mention 4 states in the North where Atiku would win and he couldn't mention a single one?

Learn to read before commenting.

Ur points didn't make sense .....u are the one who doesn't know anything.
Who are u to know atiku can't win four States
Keep drinking from ur pot of ignorance
2019 will shock many
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by MrMcJay(m): 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
tiredoflife:

Ur points didn't make sense .....u are the one who doesn't know anything.
Who are u to know atiku can't win four States
Keep drinking from ur pot of ignorance
2019 will shock many

Read my post and discover the quality of my submissions. Read the nonsense you typed up there.

Now, judge yourself if you are worthy of a response from me.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by MrMcJay(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
murmee:
MrMacJay, I like the way you write.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by MrMcJay(m): 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
murmee:
MrMacJay has won the debate! A round of applause and I million Gbosas for him!

Lol
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by wirinet(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
Harjibode:

Am no Saraki fan but do you know what you're saying Sha...

Saraki wey don become Bank CEO in his 20s

And what became of the bank?

Do you want Nigeria to suffer the same fate as the bank?

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by tiredoflife(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
MrMcJay:

Read my post and discover the quality of my submissions. Read the nonsense you typed up there.

Now, judge yourself if you are worthy of a response from me.

Ur stupid post on buhari getting 6million votes
And I told u elections are won by 2/3 majority

Even if he gets the 6million vote in the northwest
And can't get in the geographical zones
Did he win
South south is gone
South east is gone
South west let's still give buhari
North east 50/50 or dash him 70/30

Now north central
U think they will be fools to vote buhari
U all know he will loose but its to hard to take
So again what will the 6million votes do for u and buhari if the other zones quoted there swing that way
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by wirinet(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
tomakint:

You really have eyes that see, as far as Nigeria of today is concerned, only an internationally connected, detrabilized Fulani man with vested business interests spread across the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria can take Nigeria out this current political logjam Buhari has plunged us into, his name is Atiku Abubakar!

Internationally connected business man? are you talking about Atiku or Dangote? Abeg, how many international business does Atiku have?

Also name the businesses Atiku has in the South East, North East and North Central?

One more thing...
Tell us how many wives (and children) your hero has. I am not even talking of concubines. I for one do not trust any man who is unable to control his libido with position of authority.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by wirinet(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
tiredoflife:

Ur stupid post on buhari getting 6million votes
And I told u elections are won by 2/3 majority

Even if he gets the 6million vote in the northwest
And can't get in the geographical zones
Did he win
South south is gone
South east is gone
South west let's still give buhari
North east 50/50 or dash him 70/30

Now north central
U think they will be fools to vote buhari
U all know he will loose but its to hard to take
So again what will the 6million votes do for u and buhari if the other zones quoted there swing that way

Which constitution are you quoting from? its definitely not the 1999 constitution.

All a candidate needs to be elected president of Nigeria is a simple majority and at least 1/3 votes in at least 2/3 states in Nigeria.

Article 134 (2) of the Nigerian Constitution

134. (1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have be been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates for the election -

(a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and

(b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

(2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for the election-

(a) he has the highest number of votes cast at the election;

and

(b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by tiredoflife(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
wirinet:

Which constitution are you quoting from? its definitely not the 1999 constitution.

All a candidate needs to be elected president of Nigeria is a simple majority and at least 1/3 votes in at least 2/3 states in Nigeria.

Article 134 (2) of the Nigerian Constitution

Since I am not quoting the constitution to u
Why do u hear 2/3 majority even in our national assembly
U think it came out from my ass
Even if 2/3 states is starring at u
U can't interpret wat u posted
Stew on
Buhari will win.
Just count the south east south south and north central out that will go to the opposition
We will see how he will win wen he will split votes with any of his opponent
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Okoroawusa: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
bedspread:
Let Atiku become president and give Okupe a Post.... He will sing his praises..
president of which country?

abeg if na play stop am

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by wirinet(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
tiredoflife:

Stew on
Buhari will win.
Just count the south east south south and north central out that will go to the opposition

Are you on some sort of drug? what you wrote there is so incoherent that no one can decipher what you are talking about.

You people from a certain part of the county are experts in making conjectures for all other parts of the country. That was how you guys conjured up votes for Jonathan in the Middle belt and south west, claiming Jonathan will win Kaduna, Lagos, Benue, etc.

I hope you guys will not start wailing again after the 2019 elections.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by MrMcJay(m): 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
wirinet:

Are you on some sort of drug? what you wrote there is so incoherent that no one can decipher what you are talking about.

You people from a certain part of the county are experts in making conjectures for all other parts of the country. That was how you guys conjured up votes for Jonathan in the Middle belt and south west, claiming Jonathan will win Kaduna, Lagos, Benue, etc.

Pay no mind to that comedian. This is my 10th year with this moniker and I've seen different kinds of ignorant clowns on Nairaland but that boy's case is particularly disturbing.

I don't know how someone would wear ignorance like a title.z

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by tiredoflife(m): 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2018
wirinet:

Now I know u know nothing
In the history of elections in Nigeria the middle belt always vote for the incumbent
It was only in this last election did they do otherwise
North east or north west doesn't win elections
We vote in the same pattern of Christian Muslim bloc
With the killings in the middle belt u think they would vote for buhari again
He will be disgraced with all of u
E no far
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by MrMcJay(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
tiredoflife:

Stew on
Buhari will win.

What is required in the Senate is called a Quorum.

Stop disgracing yourself online. That's how you people ruined GEJ with bad advice and foolish counsel.
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Lot13(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
Saraki and Atiku are leprosy that we must not allowed to lead this country.
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by tiredoflife(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
MrMcJay:

What is required in the Senate is called a Quorum.

Stop disgracing yourself online. That's how you people ruined GEJ with bad advice and foolish counsel.

What does 2/3 majority mean
Until u say it I will begin to banter with u
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by mechanics(m): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
Atiku's own is true but Bukola's own is false.
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Kingspin(m): 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
Enice:
for your own peace, not national peace. You opposing PMB does not mean others do. Elections are coming soon, express yourself and let others do same. Peace will reign.
Nobody wanna die from Fulani massacre nor did my comment directly to you or everybody. My opinion is for people who share same view with mine not for every Dick and Tom.
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by femicyrus(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
Nigerians can hardly read between lines. he is saying atiku is better than saraki. look carefully at the words in bracket. "Nigeria will become history" if saraki should rule which is worse compared to atiku whose rule for a day is 10 years backward
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by lezan(m): 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
MrMcJay:
Outside politics, Saraki has never run a single honest enterprise. He has no business aside politics and all his investments are purchased with suspicious earnings. Anywhere stolen funds and fraudulent properties are mentioned, he would be an RSVP there. That's why his name was underlined in the Panama Papers scandal.

Atiku on the other hand was gazetted as a thief by Obasanjo. I mean published in a Federal Government Gazette. grin
Despite this eternal indictment, he is a very astute businessman with a chain of successful businesses. He retired as a Customs officer and the capital used to set up his business sure didn't come from his pension.

It's a case of a part time thief and a full time thief both arguing over the exclusive rights to steal.
Pls clarify oh...which of them is part time thief o? We need to know
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by KingSadeeq(m): 10:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
bedspread:
Let Atiku become president and give Okupe a Post.... He will sing his praises..
Na dere way na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Ratello: 1:27am On Aug 22, 2018
MrMcJay:

Atiku contest Presidential primaries under SDP in 1992, Abiola defeated him, Kingibe was second.

Atiku contested the Presidential election in 2007, Yar'Adua beat him.

CPC was a regional party like AC, Buhari contested under CPC in 2011 and got 12M votes. Atiku contested Presidential primaries in PDP, GEJ trounced him. Atiku didn't go past primaries.

He further contested under APC in 2015, Buhari destroyed him.

What you should ask yourself is why Buhari under CPC a regional party beat Atiku under another regional party in Atiku's home state. Buhari had 1000% of Atiku's votes.

Now, all Atiku needs is final burial. People like you are political undertakers, your job is to ensure he's politically embalmed and buried. Same thing you did to GEJ.

I want PDP to field Atiku so that he'll get befitting political burial and you'll shut up forever.

I am sure you did not read and fully understood my response to you because if you did maybe you won't be typing this empty thing again on Buhari. CPC is more of a substitute for PDP in the North as at the time Buhari contested under it in 2011, do you care to know those who were behind CPC? I don't think you know. You wondered why an Atiku who contested under a Southwestern AC beat Buhari silly in the Southwest in 2007 despite the limited time Atiku had to contest due to Obasanjo unnecessary court actions just to frustrate Atiku from contesting. As at the time the dust of the litigations against Atiku had settled ample time had been spent in the electioneering campaign it was more like "a lost battle for Atiku" yet he polled 2.6 million votes within that short time compared to Buhari's 6.6 million votes in 2007 under a national party called ANPP. Ribadu who tried his luck under this southwestern party now christened "ACN" could only manage 2.07 million votes in 2011 despite having enough time to campaign while Buhari under a CPC polled over 12 million votes. I hope you can read and understand this now
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Enice(m): 8:22am On Aug 22, 2018
Kingspin:
Nobody wanna die from Fulani massacre nor did my comment directly to you or everybody. My opinion is for people who share same view with mine not for every Dick and Tom.
then stop using words like NATIONAL peace. The word nation means the country. Next time, direct your comment properly to your targeted audience.
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Kingspin(m): 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
Enice:
then stop using words like NATIONAL peace. The word nation means the country. Next time, direct your comment properly to your targeted audience.
I use the word nation peace because someone has became a threat to it. And there is need to stop him now.
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Enice(m): 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kingspin:
I use the word nation peace because someone has became a threat to it. And there is need to stop him now.
opinion is like an azzhole, everybody has got one. In your opinion, Buhari is a threat. In my, he is a threat to corruption and looting. Come 2019, express yourself the way you see fit and let majority decide who the real threat is.
Re: Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' by Enice(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
tiredoflife:

What does 2/3 majority mean
Until u say it I will begin to banter with u
it means 2/3 of quorum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Embark On Show Of Force On Nightclubs In Port-Harcourt. Photo / Sanwo-Olu: As A Father & Brother, I Am Touched By Your Infirmities / UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.