Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC (53399 Views)

Kwankwaso Won't Become VP To Peter Obi - NNPP / Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide / Why Osinbajo chartered private chopper for Kabba trip – Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Moukandjo: 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
FarahAideed:
If Buhari steps down for Osinabanjo today I will vote APC
This one is already very angry that some of his PDP members are already running his man, Atiku, down while hyping Saraki! grin I didn't know Okupe's tweet made you this mad to the extent that you're already considering voting against them! Take heart, man!

We know you & your likes don't like Osinbaba! You're only forcing yourself to like him because you think it'll spite Buhari, but wetin you no know be say Buhari's supporters won't fall for such trash & are very united! If you PDP sycophants like, proclaim Osinbaba as Martin Luther King Jr. reincarnated, Buhari's supporters will join you to proclaim such & even hype him much more!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Corrinthians(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
waveman2:

You got it wrong osinbajo has done well, even ordinary Nigerians can see that. But buhari has also done well to give his vice president the chance to show his government has capable hands when he is not around.i doubt this will cause a friction between them like u think.

You have no idea. wink
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by CSTR1005: 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You can see how frustrating it is when some cretins from your neck of the woods make it a duty to insult the memory of Victor Banjo who was executed by Ojukwu or when they denigrate Wole Soyinka and the 3 years he spent in jail all in his attempt to advocate for biafra.

I personally cannot forget the contributions of Ndubuisi Kanu or Ralph Obioha and others who stood by the June 12 mandate just like i hope you also revere the Yorubas who have stood on the side of your people at various times
I respect people of worth wherever they are found.

Soyinka is a good man. Fela was a good man.

Gani fawehinmi was a good man.

Those men are respected everywhere in Nigeria including the east.
The east would vote for them anyday.

The fact that some igbo fellow insult Soyinka on nairaland does not mean that is the position of the east.
He/she is just trying to be hurtful as a means of revenge. it is not a one-way thing.

it goes back and forth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by chairman00100: 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
sarrki:
Power will shift to the south 2023

Definitely he’s the best candidate come 2023

That’s why we say NO to any northern candidate aside Pmb now

2023 it’s time for Osinbajo

so you have admitted at last that all this your way in nairaland is about sw and not ABOUT your so called integrity of buhari and how he is the best thing that happened to nigeria? so you have admitted that you are a professional patriot after all, you just disappointed all those simple minds who keep pressing likes for you here, chai

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by seunmsg(m): 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:

Now let me assume the pdp field a southern igbo candidate in 2023 which I doubt since they will want to capitalise on the northern vacuum.
The battle ground becomes the north, because I know the pdp has enough machinery in place to win the south easily especially with an igbo presidency.

And given that there is no more buhari in place, I trust pdp to scramble enough northern votes to win.

Anyway, it is a very risky play that can go either way, but if the pdp wins the south which is very likely in a two southern race , they will win.

Now, this is a more plausible argument. However, APC currently have 23 elected governors. I don't see any significant changes to this number after the 2019 election. So, APC presents Osinbajo and PDP presents Ekweremadu in 2023. Osinbajo is of the ruling party and the outgoing VP with about 23 governors behind him. Ekweremadu is the candidate of PDP with the support of around 10 governors. PDP left government 8 years ago while APC is in control of federal might.

Osinbajo is Yoruba and his people supported Buhari massively in 2015 and 2019. Ekweremadus people never supported Buhari at any point. There is also the small issue of Biafra agitation on the mind of northern leaders. So tell me, who will the north support?

We both know the obvious answer if we are to be pragmatic. If you want to be emotional, you can keep believing that an Igbo PDP candidate can defeat a Yoruba APC candidate in 2023.

5 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Shukuakukobambi: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:

I respect people of worth wherever they are found.

Soyinka is a good man. Fela was a good man.

Gani fawehinmi was a good man.

Those men are respected everywhere in Nigeria including the east.
The east would vote for them anyday.

The fact that some igbo fellow insult Soyinka on nairaland does not mean that is the position of the east.
He/she is just trying to be hurtful as a means of revenge. it is not a one-way thing.

it goes back and forth.

Just like the fact that some yoruba denigrate Ezeife and others doesn't take away from how they stood with MKO and the June 12 mandate or how plenty Yoruba like me still hold them in honour and reverence

Like i said, i remember Ralph Obioha, Ndubuisi Kanu, Arthur Nwankwo, Olisa Agbakoba and others who stood with MKO through all those locust years while a lot of their folks were asking why they bothered at all. There's the temptation to generalize but we should resist it.

It's the reason why i dislike El Rufai simply because of how he treats Shehu Sani forgetting that Sani spent 4 years in jail to earn the civilian rule that made it possible for El Rufai to be a governor today

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Shukuakukobambi: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Odingo1:

That is Yorubas for you, painting Buhari black and praising their own Osinbajo as if two of them are not ruling together, lets see how after their betrayals and the north will give them power in 2023. They have never learn their lesson. The north is taking note, all their interest is to keep Buhari till 2023 and then take over, they will be heavily disappointed by the North, Time will tell.

You will just open your mouth and talk nonsense that you know stands logic on it's head cheesy

Was it Yoruba that have been hyping Osinbajo abi your own shameless folks who hope to drive a wedge between Buhari and his VP?

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Thicktemptation(f): 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
Racoon:
Osinbajo simply have the midas touch.APC should field him in 2019 instead of the incompetent boss he is deputizing for.So pathetic a well read & exposed man is seconding a man with no basic O'Level.Only in Nigeria.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by bibicici(f): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
Isn't this mediocrity? Is APC and PDP the only parties we have.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 9:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
[s]
Firefire:
Mr. Yemi Osunbade is also a confirmed terrorist after Buhary from the coven of darkness called APC.
[/s]

Garbage.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:
What is the benefit of having your tribesman as president of Nigeria? Instead of these Idio.ts to support Nigeria's disintegration, they are fighting for power. Why not support Nigeria's disintegration so that each tribe will rule themselves? There is something wrong with black people. Black people are cursed

You need to check yourself, you're losing it!

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by safarigirl(f): 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
nothingspoil70:
LIBYA JOURNEY LOADING
We don't have money left to rescue anybody form LIBYA anymore please think twice before you leave ooo
you don't even have money to feed yourself, the people going through Libya should not concern you.

Cretins everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by maestroferddi: 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:

You don't need to answer him.

Just wait till 2023 if you can , and then remind him of his folly.
Most of the fools are brain-dead.

I daresay that there might be no united Nigeria again if power comes back to the South and a region that has had her turn gets it in lieu of the South East.

People tend to get confused by the rag-tag effort of Kanu with a possible united resolve of all Igbos to confront the madness called Nigeria experiment headlong for the last time.

We shall see.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by futurism: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
statusquoante:
Correct.
2023 is the right time whether piggyyeasterners like it or not.
The whole world can't wait to have him in the saddle... cool
i am an easterner but I will rather vote for him than rochas cockroacher...
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Ijeshaooduaman: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
Arkmanbuddy:

You need to check yourself, you're losing it!
No I am not. What I said is the simple truth. What is the benefit of having your tribesman as president? What is the essence of this fight for dominance when these three large ethnic groups can rule themselves?
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by maestroferddi: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
safarigirl:
hopefully I will be doing that from abroad, because the mere idea that I share a country with people like that despicable fellow is nauseating

Nigerians in Nigeria disgust me
That is the oxymoron called Nigeria.

A hodgepodge of the good, the bad and the very animalistic.

Look up, you see Niger Republic and Chad, look sideways you see Togo and Central Africa Republic... Countries whose common denominator is backwardness.

How can Nigeria thrive when people who should have had no business co-existing got lumped together?
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Ijeshaooduaman: 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
bibicici:
No they are not, but they are the most popular ones. Unfortunately, we will keep going round the circle if we don't restructure this shi.tehole called Nigeria. Nigeria will never change or improve. When it is time, they will know this.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Ijeshaooduaman: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
maestroferddi:
Most of the fools are brain-dead.

I daresay that there might be no united Nigeria again if power comes back to the South and a region that has had her turn gets it in lieu of the South East.

People tend to get confused by the rag-tag effort of Kanu with a possible united resolve of all Igbos to confront the madness called Nigeria experiment headlong for the last time.

We shall see.

Ibos will never rule Nigeria. It will never happen. Go and continue your Biafra agitation.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by VULCAN(m): 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
Your psychological imbalance is rather deep, coupled with the BMC allowance based on number of posts; it's obvious you are beyond redemption.

How can you say some people's appreciation of Osinbajo's great actions while his boss is being rejuvenated in London is based on a desire to divide APC.

You are seriously sick.

So if PDP praise Osinbajo that will make Gen. Buhari sack him or what?

The import of this is that you come from a background of I WILL NEVER SPEAK GOOD OF MY POLITICAL OPPONENT EVEN IF HE IS DOING WHAT IS RIGHT!

APC is a blight on this nation and it will surely implode someday because it is formed by evil, bloodsucking, corrupt, selfish bastards who love power but don't know how to govern.

Rubbish

Corrinthians:
I just don't understand. I presume the person who wrote the piece is from Madagascar. Who says the South West in considering presidency right now or Osinbajo has such interests?

Buhari is is till 2023, after which Osinbajo taker over till 2031.

THAT IS A DONE DEAL!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

I told everyone days ago that all the praises our Amazing Vice President was getting from these PDP supporters were due to their hope of polarising APC supporters. I PARTICULARLY said, once the gimmick fails, like it did the last time, they'd go back to their default state of misery and hatred against the gentleman in particular and APC in general. grin

It has started happening earlier than I thought it would. grin grin

Below is a screenshot of what I said couple of days ago. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by JacksonOyibo: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
smiley
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Ijeshaooduaman: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
maestroferddi:
That is the oxymoron called Nigeria.

A hodgepodge of the good, the bad and the very animalistic.

Look up, you see Niger Republic and Chad, look sideways you see Togo and Central Africa Republic... Countries whose common denominator is backwardness.

How can Nigeria thrive when people who should have had no business co-existing got lumped together?
Now you are talking. We have no business co-existing. Don't mind those fools asking for SW and SE president 2023. Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba can rule themselves independently.

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by maestroferddi: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
duroc:

Hausa no go gree
They can't think.

The north don't give a damn about the South West. Tinubu is finding out...

The north can never take the risk of ceding power to any region that would jeopardize their chance of reclaiming power after 8 years.

If the South East does not get power after the north, their technocrats wouldn't want to risk the disquiet that would generate whenever power returns to the region.

Sample the opinion of northern...majority of them believe an Igbo president is an idea whose time is less than 10 years from coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Idrismusty97(m): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:

If the pdp does not field a northern candidate, then an igbo candidate becomes inevitable.

They already have political capital in the south not to stress for a victory in the south east and south south , the battle ground then becomes the north.

The only thing that will stop a pdp victory is if somehow all the buhari northern fanatics transfers to Osibanjo.

It is very possible. But the pdp should be able to prevent it if they are smart.
That's already anticipated and why 2023 would be so interesting. In fact the PDP would be silly not to field a SE candidate, That's their best shot! They can also play the "Being-maginalized-for-so-long-card". Who would win would be a tough call depending on Numerous factors including the candidates, the media and any major political outcome like defections and stuffs etc before the election. APC already got the media in their favour, whoever they presented would be so superbly hype by our medias that he might even garner international attention.

Now if it is Fashola or Tinubu they field, The PDP might play the game they are great at which is the religious card since they are both Muslim and that Muslims have been ruling for too long, that sentiments might slowly capture the North central votes and tip the balance in their favour. But if it is Osibanjo and he is still in good terms with Buhari and hence the North by then, Being a pastor he would be overly hyped as the "United-Nigeria" example with major Northerners and Muslims backing him just like how Father Mbaka initial support for Buhari made an impact(They have nothing to lose since power will Eventually comes back to the North). Again so many factors are involved and it's hard to put a lid on it, but i will say APC southwestern candidate would still stand a better chance.

The North will most likely go through a familiar terrain proven and tested than an uncharted one.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by maestroferddi: 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:

Ibos will never rule Nigeria. It will never happen. Go and continue your Biafra agitation.
You should have added that it would happen over your dead body because I will have been keeping money aside to attend your funeral less than 10 years from today...
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by maestroferddi: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
Idrismusty97:
2023 would be a battle between the southeast and southwest. I see Rochas Okorocha defecting once it's certain the APC ticket won't unfortunately goes to the SE, He is perhaps their best shot at the presidency and would be hail as a saint then. Both major party will have a northern VP of course and depending on the popularity of those VPs the northern votes might be split. But right now the odds is in favour of the Southwest in the APC irrespective of the candidates they field in their slot. But then again everything will change if the PDP field a popular southwest candidate either from defections or any available, Perhaps Tinubu will want the ticket for himself and Osinbajo will angrily defect to PDP(Or whatever the name would be). 2023 would be interesting involving a lot of permutations, calculations and political twists. Can't wait. And oh...I am not talking about 2019 because it is quite obvious even to the blind that Buhari will win.
Tramadol is speaking!

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by maestroferddi: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
statusquoante:

Of course, Yorubas know they don't stand a chance in Wike's PDP.
Who can tell this people that Muhammad Buhari is not northern Nigeria?

Buhari will one day be gone and what happens after him will spell doom for a lot of people.

There will be re-alignments.

For one thing, the Igbos will correct the narrative being parroted by some carpetbaggers that they are anti north by voting for a PDP northern candidate next year.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by maestroferddi: 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:

Now let me assume the pdp field a southern igbo candidate in 2023 which I doubt since they will want to capitalise on the northern vacuum.
The battle ground becomes the north, because I know the pdp has enough machinery in place to win the south easily especially with an igbo presidency.

And given that there is no more buhari in place, I trust pdp to scramble enough northern votes to win.

Anyway, it is a very risky play that can go either way, but if the pdp wins the south which is very likely in a two southern race , they will win.
You are not hitting the nail on the head.

Even the most fanatical northern politician knows that an Igbo president is a moot point needed to kill the agitation for dismemberment of Nigeria.

The north cannot risk ceding power to a region that will put their ability to reclaim power after 8 years.

Write what I am saying here somewhere as we watch events unfold.

Politics is not noise making. Obama became a US president so what nonsense am I reading here?
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Ijeshaooduaman: 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
maestroferddi:
You should have added that it would happen over your dead body because I will have been keeping money aside to attend your funeral less than 10 years from today...
southeastfacts AKA apcrepnig, I just told you the fact. Ibos will never rule Nigeria. This is a fact. Do you think you are the only one that can use secession to threaten Nigeria? Yorubas did same after Abiola was deny his mandate. The North eventual did the right thing by allowing Yoruba become president. They can do it again. Even Niger deltans can do it if they are united. Do you think the North is moved by your Biafra agitation? One day, the North will get tired of Nigeria. Your blackmail is not working. I will advice you to join your brothers in their quest for a seperate republic.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Shukuakukobambi: 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
maestroferddi:
Who can tell this people that Muhammad Buhari is not northern Nigeria?

Buhari will one day be gone and what happens after him will spell doom for a lot of people.

There will be re-alignments.

For one thing, the Igbos will correct the narrative being parroted by some carpetbaggers that they are anti north by voting for a PDP northern candidate next year.

But you're the ones who have called yourselves anti north since 2015 na!! cheesy

You're the ones who opened hundreds of threads to call Yoruba slaves for voting a northern candidate in 2015 so what are you talking about?

What was the constant theme of kanu's diatribes that millions of youths all over the SE lapped up? Kanu told us you hate the northerners and your people clapped for him. You don't have to deny it now because you wish an igboman becomes president of the country you called a zoo times without number. The seat is there for your taking if you wish cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Idrismusty97(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
bibicici:
You are talking like you weren't born when we have like 3-4 major parties. Have you forgotten about the ANPP, CPC, ACN? What was the outcome before they merge to form APC? The bigger party eventually wins resulting to 16 years of PDP. I believe now is even better, At least you can rest assure that whichever parties wins they is an equally strong opposition to check their excess and they really have to work for your votes. We are slowly getting to the promised land and politics have never been this interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mark Okoye And Wife, Phillipa Mark-Okoye Vacation Pictures / Tinubu's Presidential Ambition Crumbles, Unable To Visit Aso Villa - Sahara R. / If You See Obasanjo When He Came Out Of Prison, You Wont Allow Him Sit..- Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.