Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough (1777 Views)

At What Point Does She Check Your Phone / At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? / At What Point Does A Man Stop Chasing : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by chika98: 2:35am On Jun 26, 2010
^^^ They are in love. . . like totally
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 2:36am On Jun 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

so you go to church but dont believe in the words your pastor is preaching?!

I don't go 2 church 2 listen 2 preachings but 2 worship God dat's all and because i have 2 my mum makes me? cheesy lipsrsealed

Sometimes people spend time consuming wat is not realistic. . .u gotta use logic menh dis is not fantasy island u gotta use ur brain only u can know wat is gud 4 u(but sadly some don't) i don't need anoda flesh & bone like me 2 tell me what 2 do all in d name of being a 'man of god' & quoting 'holy scriptures plse o!
lipsrsealed
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Carolece(f): 2:38am On Jun 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

so you go to church but dont believe in the words your pastor is preaching?!

i can understand how your past experiences may have shaped you into who you are and how you feel about us today BUT thinking the way you do will never make you see/meet/encounter the right man even if he stood in front of you professing his undying love towards you.

its sad that you think this way and you will have to get out of it, its just not healthy (especially if you are not attracted to women).as hard as it may be, you do need professional help in finding your way out of this negative outlook towards men.

yes,there are some deadbeats, no good fathers out there BUT putting us all in that group just because your father wasnt up for the task or because all the men YOU choose to date were below par is childish. if you dated deadbeats in the past then BLAME YOURSELF for your poor choices!

how can you even SEE men for what they truly are when you are blinded by hatred?! are you such a lazy a$$ that you cant fight your way through the zillions of no gooders to find that ONE gem of a guy?!
anyway back to topic. . . . . i guess you wont have problem of men beating you!
Who said I wanted to? LOL
Stop preaching, because better than you have spoken and I didnt hear.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:51am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

I don't go 2 church 2 listen 2 preachings but 2 worship God dat's all and because i have 2 my mum makes me? cheesy lipsrsealed

Sometimes people spend time consuming wat is not realistic. . .u gotta use logic menh dis is not fantasy island u gotta use your brain only u can know wat is gud 4 u(but sadly some don't) i don't need anoda flesh & bone like me 2 tell me what 2 do all in d name of being a 'man of god' & quoting 'holy scriptures plse o!
lipsrsealed

well i guess you are different than most "god fearing christians" out there. . . . . . . . . . . . btw the bible does say that "wives should submit to their husband as to the lord" so its understandable how some goon out there might take that literally and beat their wives to enforce that passage!

Carolece:

Who said I wanted to? LOL
Stop preaching, because better than you have spoken and I didnt hear.

the more you talk down about men and the more i will have to point out to you that men aint the problem, you are!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 2:52am On Jun 26, 2010
@Mr Browny so u dey talk about marriage?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by A40(m): 2:57am On Jun 26, 2010
chika98:

Lol Abajo. There is a reason why Keri Hilson sang 'Energy' Love can be very draining physically,emotionally and scarily enough financially too. Do you think Tina woulda stayed with Ike if she wasn't in love?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

@Mr Browny so u dey talk about marriage?

doesnt matter. . . . . .  if thats what a WIFE should do then a gf is just the same and therefore that foool will treat his gf with the same "care".
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 2:58am On Jun 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

doesnt matter. . . . . . if thats what a WIFE should do then a gf is just the same and therefore that foool will treat his gf with the same "care".
So when do u think enuff is enuff?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Carolece(f): 2:59am On Jun 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

the more you talk down about men and the more i will have to point out to you that men aint the problem, you are!
Heard that already, tell me something new.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

So when do u think enuff is enuff?

when that gal does something that i am totally against. i wouldnt wait for the big sh*it to happen, i would warn her the first time she shows signs of falling off the wagon and if she continues, she would be out.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 3:19am On Jun 26, 2010
^Are there ways 2 detect an abusive partner?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 3:20am On Jun 26, 2010
@Carolece, you're a tough lady!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:30am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

^Are there ways 2 detect an abusive partner?

OFF COURSE!!!
look at:
- how she treats people around her (family,friends, employee etc).
- if she has no respect for you.
- how easy she gets mad for no reasons.
- also if they often get drunk then it may someday lead to abuse under the influence.
- people who cant communicate properly to put their point across may turn to violence the day of any argument.
the list goes on. . . . . . . . . .

Acidosis:

@Carolece, you're a tough lady!

i think you meant BITTER. she HAD a tough life but a tough/strong person wouldnt give up in the face of some negativity.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by topup: 3:38am On Jun 26, 2010
I have had this discussion over and over with my friends. The truth is everyone walks away when they think they've had enough, not necessarily after the first hit, second or third, some will walk if he dares to raise his hands because of what is behind that, others will never leave because of what they believe they share or fear.

I just pray never to be in such a situation.

If I was, I hope I would be able to make the wisest decision, which I have now come to believe is NOT always walking away immediately, then again my mother told me something I really believe - if a man hits his wife or if a wife hits her husband, the trust between them is forever broken. This is two adults we are talking about, not animals or children - everything can be solved with reasoning.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 3:44am On Jun 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

OFF COURSE!!!
look at:
- how she treats people around her (family,friends, employee etc).
- if she has no respect for you.
- how easy she gets mad for no reasons.
- also if they often get drunk then it may someday lead to abuse under the influence.
- people who cant communicate properly to put their point across may turn to violence the day of any argument.
the list goes on. . . . . . . . . .

Ummm d same applies 4 men abi?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 26, 2010
^^^^^applies for human beings
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 4:04am On Jun 26, 2010
^But i heard some 'Men' r animals? grin
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 4:14am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

so what do we call the ladies?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 4:17am On Jun 26, 2010
undecided undecided
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 4:24am On Jun 26, 2010
^mother of animals? abi?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 4:26am On Jun 26, 2010
Did u not see d part where i wrote some?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 4:31am On Jun 26, 2010
No! May be you have post to another.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 4:31am On Jun 26, 2010
Read well o. sad
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 4:38am On Jun 26, 2010
Oh! I saw it just now, so it's vice-versa.
You seems to be the only person on this thread with a real picture. U' so beautiful!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2010
Pweety4me:

yes and you will hear that some women are animal too. . . . . . . . the catch is not to judge/base your life on the actions of these people.
just like you wouldnt stop eating apples just because you had ONE bad apple today!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by GL(f): 12:46am On Jun 28, 2010
i would know enough is enough the moment a guy tries to beat me or displays any form of violence targeted at me.

A-40:

Just pray you don't fall in love with the wrong one! A lot of girls that are screaming they would never stand for such on here would settle for much worse in the real world if they are totally into the guy

chika98:

i know young girls who have been beaten several times by their boyfriends, yet they keep returning to these guys. they seem to be unable to leave the guys, even when they leave they always forgive and resume the relationships eventually. it's so sad to see a girl go through the same abusive pattern with the same guy year after year. i tend to be very critical of these kind of relationships, and my friends usually say it's because i've never really been in love. that they all felt like they would break up with any guy who did this or that until they met the special guy. it scares the hell out of me because i never want to be in such a situation where i can't think straight or control my actions, where i lose my self-preservation instincts just to be with someone whose love i'm already questioning.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by queeneve: 12:59am On Jun 28, 2010
Lord forgive me if I am doing you a disservice,

Ladies, if a man beating on you, HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU

If a man threatens your life, HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU

IF YOU ARE MARRIED TO AN ABUSER, leave and go to a safe place ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN

Children should never be subjected to that type of thing and they are sponges and will reciprocate as they get odler, you do not want that!

If your pastor tell you to stay and DEAL WITH IT, he the abuser himself!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by member479760: 4:11am On Jun 28, 2010
first time is enough to run from such a man. life na once.!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by akwaowoudo(m): 8:04am On Jun 28, 2010
queeneve:

Lord forgive me if I am doing you a disservice,

Ladies, if a man beating on you, HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU

If a man threatens your life, HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU

IF YOU ARE MARRIED TO AN ABUSER, leave and go to a safe place ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN

Children should never be subjected to that type of thing and they are sponges and will reciprocate as they get odler, you do not want that!

If your pastor tell you to stay and DEAL WITH IT, he the abuser himself!
What an irony?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by akwaowoudo(m): 8:17am On Jun 28, 2010
GL:

i would know enough is enough the moment a guy tries to beat me or displays any form of violence targeted at me.

i know young girls who have been beaten several times by their boyfriends, yet they keep returning to these guys. they seem to be unable to leave the guys, even when they leave they always forgive and resume the relationships eventually. it's so sad to see a girl go through the same abusive pattern with the same guy year after year. i tend to be very critical of these kind of relationships, and my friends usually say it's because i've never really been in love. that they all felt like they would break up with any guy who did this or that until they met the special guy. it scares the hell out of me because i never want to be in such a situation where i can't think straight or control my actions, where i lose my self-preservation instincts just to be with someone whose love i'm already questioning.
Yes! i opine same. It is synominous to girls who brag that a boy can't consume her money but later turn out to be the boy's withdrawal account.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Slept Wit Her When She Was On? / Off This Guy Real Quick. / Woman Know Thyself...understanding The Three Basic Needs Of A Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.