Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Is Woman Not From God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Woman Not From God (8390 Views)

Is Woman The Initial Plan Of God? / Is Woman General Overseer Biblical / Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Woman Not From God by johnw47: 12:17am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
johnw47, what purpose does the below writing serve, when written this way:
"When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy"

as opposed to having it written like this other way:
"When the morning stars sang together, and the sons of God shouted for joy"

You're creating an invented tautology, if you equate "morning stars " & "the sons of God" to mean the same thing (i.e. angelic beings)

It is just so incongruous, to be true, that
"morning stars " & "the sons of God" are both used in one sentence, as in Job 38:7, to mean angelic celestial beings
but hey what's my own, its kuku not up to me, to make you believe.

mutt, you don't understand God's word

^^^ is describing angels

Psa_24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

"blessings from the Lord" and "righteousness from the God of his salvation" in that verse are not referring to two identies but one
just as "morning stars' and "sons of god" in job 38 are referring to angels,
not sun, moon, and constellation, duh

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by johnw47: 12:48am On Sep 17, 2018
Mobilia:

Brother,
Why are you laughing at him?
That's a beautiful answer to the question I posed. He answered with scripture...saying that he is a student of the Word.
I asked him the question cause the brother obviously goes deep into the Word. He's trying....which says a whole lot.
Now he and I have disagreed in the past on some points of doctrine (and probably will in the future )....and his "wit" and "humor" (sometimes inappropriately...don't bash me MuttleyLaff) is second to none.
However, those of us who claim Christianity need to discuss issues lovingly and respectfully.

not just at him, you asked him if he was a theology major, that was funny

and he replied: Psalm 119: 97-176, that was really funny
Re: Is Woman Not From God by johnw47: 1:12am On Sep 17, 2018
a couple more:

just as "morning stars" and "sons of God" in job 38 are angels,
"Lord" and "God" in these verses are not two identies but one:

Psa_18:6  In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God:

Psa_46:7  The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 1:18am On Sep 17, 2018
johnw47:
mutt, you don't understand God's word

^^^ is describing angels

"Psa_18:6  In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God:
he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears."

^^^ when the psalmist "called upon the Lord" and cried unto my God he wasn't calling and crying to two persons "the lord" and "my God"
but to the same one God who is called both "Lord" and "God"

just as the angels in Job 38 are called both "morning stars" and "sons of God"
It is easy for me to understand and sympathise with you.
You're caught up in this situation, where you're finding it hard to deal with and/or accept the truth.

1/ Have you spotted and seen the chief difference between Job 38:7 and your "brought to the rescue verse" Psalms 18:6?
2/ Are you saying the "morning stars" (i.e. constellation) and "sons of God" (i.e. sun and moon) cant with song and shout, praise God?
3/ Now, please tell,
from where & how did you infer that the "morning stars" & "the sons of God" are separately referring to angelic celestial beings?
4/ You do realise, you've held on to "Lord" and "God" in Psalms 18:6?
Why havent you swapped the words "Lord" and "God" to mean anything else other than God, a word originally in the verse?

johnw47:
not just at him, you asked him if he was a theology major, that was funny

and he replied: Psalm 119: 97-176, that was really funny
Laugh to your full delight
You may laugh now, thinking its funny
but just remember, he who laughs last, laughs the best

To me, this is a long haul, not a sprint

johnw47:
a few more:

just as "morning stars" and "sons of God" in job 38 are angels,
"Lord" and "God" in these verses are not two identies but one:

Psa_18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God:

Psa_24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Psa_46:7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Give me three examples, like for and/or with "morning stars" and "sons of God" in them,
then we can talk and talk properly, it shall be.

You can see the consistent behaviour or treatment in using and maintaining the use of "Lord" and "God" in your 3 example?
Do the same with "morning stars" and "sons of God"

What do we have with Job 38:7?
We have, "morning stars" and "sons of God" fabricated to mean angels.
You cant even reproduce "morning stars" and "sons of God" like you've done doing with "Lord" and "God". SMH.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by johnw47: 2:32am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It is easy for me to understand and sympathise with you.
You're caught up in this situation, where you're finding it hard to deal with and/or accept the truth.

oh truly blinded one, "morning stars" - "sons of god" in job 38 are angels which a novice in God can see

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

MuttleyLaff:
1/ Have you spotted and seen the chief difference between Job 38:7 and your "brought to the rescue verse" Psalms 18:6?
2/ Are you saying the "morning stars" (i.e. constellation) and "sons of God" (i.e. sun and moon) cant with song and shout, praise God?
3/ Now, please tell,
from where & how did you infer that the "morning stars" & "the sons of God" are separately referring to angelic celestial beings?
4/ You do realise, you've held on to "Lord" and "God" in Psalms 18:6?
Why havent you swapped the words "Lord" and "God" to mean anything else other than God, a word originally in the verse?

you sure are confused mutt, the sun moon and stars could not be singing and shouting at the beginning of the creation of the earth before they are created, but the angels could, and did

MuttleyLaff:
Laugh to your full delight
You may laugh now, thinking its funny
but just remember, he who laughs last, laughs the best

To me, this is a long haul, not a sprint

yes i have noticed you defend your lies over a long haul, pages and pages of twisting
you cannot admit wrongs and your lies beget more lies

MuttleyLaff: Give me three examples, like for and/or with "morning stars" and "sons of God" in them,
then we can talk and talk properly, it shall be.

You can see the consistent behaviour or treatment in using and maintaining the use of "Lord" and "God" in your 3 example?
Do the same with "morning stars" and "sons of God"

What do we have with Job 38:7?
We have, "morning stars" and "sons of God" fabricated to mean angels.
You cant even reproduce "morning stars" and "sons of God" like you've done doing with "Lord" and "God". SMH.

you have been shown wrong by others to, but you cannot admit your wrongs on job 38
and pathetically run away from it in confusion
most everyone can see your rubbish and twisting and lies that you post

Isa 3:24  And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink;

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 2:49am On Sep 17, 2018
johnw47:
oh truly blinded one, "morning stars" - "sons of god" in job 38 are angels which a novice in God can see
[s]2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.[/s]

[s]you know very well i am talking of job 38, but i understand your twisting, and running away from the matters i show you[/s]

you sure are confused mutt, the sun moon and stars could not be singing and shouting at the beginning of the creation of the earth before they are created, but the angels could, and did
[s]yes i have noticed you defend your lies over a long haul, pages and pages of twisting
you cannot admit wrongs and your lies beget more lies[/s]

[s]you have been shown wrong by others to, but you cannot admit your wrongs on job 38
and pathetically run away from it in confusion
most everyone can see your rubbish and twisting and lies that you post
[size=6pt]Isa 3:24  And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink;[/s]
Rubbing hands together

johnw47, I am consoled that at least one poster after realising I didnt say the sun, moon and stars were singing and shouting at the beginning of the creation, using good judgement and sense, decidedly typed:
"Need to check that last bold though"

From the goodness of your heart and for a novice in God, like me, to see,
please provide all other verses, apart from Job 38:7, that you confidently know, are where
"the sons of God" are angels
Re: Is Woman Not From God by johnw47: 3:12am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Rubbing hands together
From the goodness of your heart and for a novice in God, like me, to see,
please provide all other verses, apart from Job 38:7, that you confidently know, are where
"the sons of God" are angels

novice mutt, i and others have shown in many posts that job 38:7 is angels, which you are blinded to,
believe job 38:7 and then i will show you other where the sons of God are angels
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 3:47am On Sep 17, 2018
johnw47:
novice mutt, i and others have shown in many posts that job 38:7 is angels, which you are blinded to,
believe job 38:7 and then i will show you other where the sons of God are angels
This is emotional blackmail.
If you're sure and confident about them, you wouldnt be forcing a "believe Job 38:7", on me first and before you presenting them
Re: Is Woman Not From God by LordReed(m): 5:32am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
The word "nephilim" is used interchangeably with the word giants

[img]https://s2/images/Screenshot-2018-9-17-celestial---Dictionary-Definition.png[/img]
cc Maamin
Who is not just a dishonest turd but also is, for this matter, a shameless ignorant one, now?
Who were you suggesting has a stinking arse erh?

0bakuso was hot on your heels, all over you like a rash
and I am now beginning to understand why on earth MrPresidente called you gaybriel

Gosh you are so dense. Did you even read what you posted? It clearly shows the difference between a celestial body and celestial being. I guess gravity pulled all sense into your arse and that's where your thoughts originate from now. Stinking pile of shit.

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by johnw47: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
This is emotional blackmail.
If you're sure and confident about them, you wouldnt be forcing a "believe Job 38:7", on me first and before you presenting them

i'm not forcing anything
you are saying lies
i am stating truth

you mutt just keep going round in twisting circles, because you can't say truth
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 7:06am On Sep 17, 2018
LordReed:
So I guess the devil is a celestial body since he gathered with the sons of God at the beginning of Job. LoLz!

MuttleyLaff:
I am impressed LordReed.
Would you know that you're correct in that, the devil, is a celestial being
?

Of course, the devil is a celestial being.
The devil, as a matter of fact, has a free pass, and enters everywhere on earth with it, to always poke nose into other people's affairs & business'

This why, the devil in
Job 2:1 and Job 3:6, was able to easily gather with the sons of God at the beginning of Job (i.e. Job 2:1 and Job 3:6)

The devil, doesnt to anywhere on earth, really need a green light before popping head in or around.

The devil has already been here and still is here on this thread, reading with keen interest and a rapt smile.

LordReed:
You like accusing me of twisting your words, yet here you are so blatantly twisting mine.
I wrote celestial body not celestial being.

The sun and moon are celestial bodies so if the sun and moon are the sons of God then the sons of God are celestial bodies.
If the sons of God gather then its a gathering of celestial bodies implying that Satan is a celestial body. LMFAO!

MuttleyLaff:
Is there a difference between celestial body and celestial being?
I didnt think so

I have never read nor come across a discombobulated comment such as this before
This is what happens, when someone tries too hard to sound half coherent

LordReed:
You are so fucking dishonest.
You are a liar if you say you don't know the difference in meaning between celestial body and celestial being.

And being caught out in fucking incoherence you project your silliness on to me.
You said the sun and moon are the sons of God
so how is the devil joining the congregation of the sun and moon aka sons of God and he is not a sun or moon?

What a dishonest person you've turned out to be.
Not that it's much of a surprise, having to do silly mental gymnastics will do that to a person.

MuttleyLaff:
Is the devil a celestial being or not?

Can you kindly and correctly add that, I said, metaphorically, the sons of God, in Job 38:7 are the sun and moon.

Please, calm down and take a gulp of slow deep breaths in and then slowly exhale out

You're mixing Job 1:6 and Job 2:1 together with Job 38:7

The sons of God, in Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6 and Job 2:1 means something entirely different to the sons of God in Job 38:7
and besides, the devil never followed or gathered with anyone or anything in Job 38:7

Job 38:7, is a good 30-plus chapters faraway from Job 1:6 and Job 2:1

The meaning of the sons of God in Job 1:6 and Job 2:1, isnt similar to the meaning of the sons of God in Job 38:7

Job 38:7 is about God taking Job to task,
asking him about what he knows about creation and where was he during creation
and particularly when the sun, moon and the constellation in the Genesis 1:16 account were present

I know I've earlier reminded Maamin, that Context is King, I now say the same to you that learn that: Context is King

Admit that I am wrong about what?

[s]I would ask you the same question I asked your new found ally:
Is the devil a celestial being or not a celestial being?

Are you familiar of the crab mentality?
You must do, you certainly do,
otherwise you wouldnt have taken sides and pull such a publicity stunt like this[/s].

LordReed:
Gosh you are so full of shit, I can't even deal.

MuttleyLaff:
No surprises.
As you were punching above your weight
Everything was bound to go over your head, so I am glad you wisely threw in the towel
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Now where is the air freshner when you need one?

LordReed:
LoL! You dishonest turd.
Spray the air fresher for your stinky arse. LMFAO!

MuttleyLaff:
The word "nephilim" is used interchangeably with the word giants

[img]https://s2/images/Screenshot-2018-9-17-celestial---Dictionary-Definition.png[/img]
cc Maamin
Who is not just a dishonest turd but also is, for this matter, a shameless ignorant one, now?
Who were you suggesting has a stinking arse erh?

0bakuso was hot on your heels, all over you like a rash
and I am now beginning to understand why on earth MrPresidente called you gaybriel

LordReed:
Gosh you are so dense.
Did you even read what you posted?
It clearly shows the difference between a celestial body and celestial being.
I guess gravity pulled all sense into your arse and that's where your thoughts originate from now. Stinking pile of shit.
As usual you've just pulled this bs out of your rear back
Take it! Receive sense!!

Havent even scratched the surface.
Havent even talked about, what the sons of God, in Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6 and Job 2:1, are yet
and already, it's the meaning of what the sons of God is, in just Job 38:7, that had become too much and demanding on you

What the sons of God, means in Job 38:7, isnt the same with, what it, means, in Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6 and Job 2:1

Why are people bent on conflating the sons of God in Job 38:7, with the sons of God, in Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6 and Job 2:1?

MuttleyLaff:
Angels, whether fallen or not, are never called sons of God

It was never intended to mean fallen angels nor confuse sons of God to be fallen angels

The term sons of God, right from the Book of Job have always been used for either two things.

Unfortunately, fallen angels aren't among the two things meant when the expression sons of God is used
Re: Is Woman Not From God by LordReed(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

As usual you've just pulled this bs out of your rear back
Take it! Receive sense!!

Havent even scratched the surface.
Havent even talked about, what the sons of God, in Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6 and Job 2:1, are yet
and already, it's the meaning of what the sons of God is, in just Job 38:7, that had become too much and demanding on you

What the sons of God, means in Job 38:7, isnt the same with, what it, means, in Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6 and Job 2:1

Why are people bent on conflating the sons of God in Job 38:7, with the sons of God, in Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6 and Job 2:1?

Thank you for further proving your dishonesty. Is there anywhere I wrote celestial being as a question to you in all the stuff you quoted? I clearly wrote celestial body but your dishonesty turned it into celestial being so you riff off your narrative. And you even did yourself in by providing a clear definition of the 2 terms that shows they are 2 different things.

Do yourself a favour and stop trying to be too clever by half.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2018
LordReed:
Thank you for further proving your dishonesty. Is there anywhere I wrote celestial being as a question to you in all the stuff you quoted? I clearly wrote celestial body but your dishonesty turned it into celestial being so you riff off your narrative. And you even did yourself in by providing a clear definition of the 2 terms that shows they are 2 different things.

Do yourself a favour and stop trying to be too clever by half.
You posted a comment referring to the devil as a celestial body
but when I responded to the comment referring to the the devil as a celestial being instead of using your choice "celestial body" all hell got loose and you got the hump, wailing like one whose dummy plaything got snatched.

You kept trying to fault me for using celestial being for the devil, as if I am wrong to do so.

Like I asked Maami, can the devil be called a celestial being or it can't be called a celestial being?
I dare you to answer the above question.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2018
Sons of the God (Heb: bənê hāʼĕlōhîm, בני האלהים , literally: "Sons of the gods" ) is a phrase used in the Hebrew Bible and apocrypha. The phrase is also used in Kabbalah where Bene elohim are part of different Jewish angelic hierarchies.

I was going to post BibleStudy.org's view on this topic, until I read that "This phrase in Genesis 6:1 - 2 cannot be a reference to angels, either to those who are righteous or evil. The word of God does not contain even a hint that flesh and blood humans can somehow mate with spirit-composed beings!"

So Mary never 'mated' with spirits? It's worth a look at though.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 10:53am On Sep 17, 2018
budaatum:
Sons of the God (Heb: bənê hāʼĕlōhîm, בני האלהים , literally: "Sons of the gods" ) is a phrase used in the Hebrew Bible and apocrypha. The phrase is also used in Kabbalah where Bene elohim are part of different Jewish angelic hierarchies.

I was going to post BibleStudy.org's view on this topic, until I read that "This phrase in Genesis 6:1 - 2 cannot be a reference to angels, either to those who are righteous or evil. The word of God does not contain even a hint that flesh and blood humans can somehow mate with spirit-composed beings!"

So Mary never 'mated' with spirits?
It's worth a look at though.
Firstly, bud did you have a reminisce moment with that Strafe tune?

Secondly, angels are asexual

Lastly, yes, Mary never mated with spirits.
It's just simply impossible for Mary to mate with spirits.

All, on here, saying angels slept with the daughters of men are slandering the angels and publicly displaying their ignorance
Re: Is Woman Not From God by LordReed(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You posted a comment referring to the devil as a celestial body
but when I responded to the comment referring to the the devil as a celestial being instead of using your choice "celestial body" all hell got loose and you got the hump, wailing like one whose dummy plaything got snatched.

You kept trying to fault me for using celestial being for the devil, as if I am wrong to do so.

Like I asked Maami, can the devil be called a celestial being or it can't be called a celestial being?
I dare you to answer the above question.

Look at him attempting to dribble himself again. You said:

MuttleyLaff:
Is there a difference between celestial body and celestial being?
I didnt think so

You don't think there is a difference between celestial body and celestial being so why do you want to switch to calling the devil a celestial being instead of a celestial body? It's the same thing according to you. Yet you posted a definition that clearly expresses the difference.

You are dishonest, you want to do what you think it takes to win an argument, without considering that you denigrate your own self by being dishonest.

Remember you are speaking on your supernatural fairytale where liars get sent to hell. Better go and beg for forgiveness. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by LordReed(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2018
budaatum:

So Mary never 'mated' with spirits? It's worth a look at though.

He knows more Hebrew than the authors of the bible books. LoLz
Re: Is Woman Not From God by LordReed(m): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2018
The phrase "sons of the Elohim" also occurs in:

Job 1:6 bənê hāʼĕlōhîm (בְּנֵי הָאֱלֹהִים) the sons of Elohim.
Job 2:1 bənê hāʼĕlōhîm (בְּנֵי הָאֱלֹהִים) the sons of Elohim.
Job 38:7 bənê ĕlōhîm (בְּנֵי אֱלֹהִֽים) without the definite article - sons of Elohim

Some people are too clever by half.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Firstly, bud did you have a reminisce moment with that Strafe tune?
I have a fault in my software that does not allow me to be distracted whilst involved in serious discourse.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2018
LordReed:
Look at him attempting to dribble himself again. You said:

You don't think there is a difference between celestial body and celestial being so why do you want to switch to calling the devil a celestial being instead of a celestial body? It's the same thing according to you. Yet you posted a definition that clearly expresses the difference.

You are dishonest, you want to do what you think it takes to win an argument, without considering that you denigrate your own self by being dishonest.

Remember you are speaking on your supernatural fairytale where liars get sent to hell. Better go and beg for forgiveness. LMFAO!
SMH, you pulled me up for using celestial being for the devil in my reply to your post, in where you used celestial body for the devil.
You condemned me with whatever foul language you were able to summon up, just because I called the devil a celestial being.

I have been exonerated from your accusations.
I prefer as a matter of choice and within a legitimate right to use celestial being for the devil.

You weren't pleased that I preferred to use celestial being than celestial body.

I consciously switched to celestial being because I knew celestial body is usually used for inanimate objects, like your moon, your sun, your etcetera
but you didn't know that and why your temper tantrums.

I am not having an argument with you,
so there isn't any argument for me to win
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2018
budaatum:
I have a fault in my software that does not allow me to be distracted whilst involved in serious discourse.
I know it means you can't watch YouTube on the company laptop. Na joke ooo, na joke we dey ooo
On a more lighter note, I had to put it on loop last night
Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

All, on here, saying angels slept with the daughters of men are slandering the angels and publicly displaying their ignorance
Give me a short non-convoluted opinion on the following:

"When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them. The sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose."
Genesis 6:1-2 ESV
Re: Is Woman Not From God by LordReed(m): 11:39am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
SMH, you pulled me up for using celestial being for the devil in my reply to your post, in where you used celestial body for the devil.
You condemned me with whatever foul language you were able to summon up, just because I called the devil a celestial being.

I have been exonerated from your accusations.
I prefer as a matter of choice and within a legitimate right to use celestial being for the devil.

You weren't pleased that I preferred to use celestial being than celestial body.

I consciously switched to celestial being because I knew celestial body is usuallybused for inanimate objects, like your moon, your sun, your etcetera
but didn't know that and why your temper tantrums.

I am not having an argument with you,
so there isn't any argument for me to win

Because you are arguing with yourself. You said sun and moon are the sons of God. The sun and moon are celestial bodies therefore you must be regarding Satan as a celestial body was my summation. The simple thing for you to do was state that Satan is not a celestial body instead you dishonestly claimed no difference between celestial body and celestial being.

Anyway I have had my fun and exposed your dishonesty. Continue interpreting your fairytale anyway you like. LMFAO!
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2018
budaatum:

Give me a short non-convoluted opinion on the following:

"When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them. The sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose."
Genesis 6:1-2 ESV
I already had Budaatum.
I did just that, on one of the earliest of my posts to Maamin on this thread.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I already had Budaatum.
I did just that, on one of the earliest of my posts to Maamin on this thread.
Below is a response to your explanation.
Maamin:
None of your explanations are coherent.
Perhaps I have the wrong one though. Could you post a link to your response to Maamin please?
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2018
LordReed:
Because you are arguing with yourself.
You said sun and moon are the sons of God.
The sun and moon are celestial bodies therefore you must be regarding Satan as a celestial body was my summation.

The simple thing for you to do was state that Satan is not a celestial body instead you dishonestly claimed no difference between celestial body and celestial being.

Anyway I have had my fun and exposed your dishonesty.
Continue interpreting your fairytale anyway you like. LMFAO!
I said that in Job 38:7, the sons of God means the sun and the moon. I didn't at any point bring the devil into Job 38:7 nor ever insinuated that the devil was anywhere near or at the Job 38:7 narrative.

I am grateful to you admitting your summation and for having the wrong assumption.
I am also pleased you had fun at my expense.

I didn't have to state, and it's not the first time and certainly wouldn't be my last, in correcting typos, grammatical errors or switching to a better word without telling the original poster or shouting about it from the rooftops
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2018
budaatum:
Below is a response to your explanation.

Perhaps I have the wrong one though. Could you post a link to your response to Maamin please?
Its torturous searching for it on mobile phone,
but since it's you, your wish is my command.
Man has to do what a man has to do.
I'll try, so watch this space

PS: Budaatum, here it is:
https://www.nairaland.com/4690508/woman-not-god/2#70830167

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Its torturous searching for it on mobile phone,
but since it's you, your wish is my command.
Man has to do what a man has to do.
I'll try, so watch this space

PS: Budaatum, here it is:
https://www.nairaland.com/4690508/woman-not-god/2#70830167
Thanks for searching. Must say though, that I'm no clearer to understanding your stand on Genesis 6:1-2.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
Lucifer (/ˈljuːsɪfər/ LEW-si-fər) is a name that, according to dictionaries of the English language, refers either to the Devil or to the planet Venus when appearing as the morning star.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
Christianity
Lucifer, a name based on the Latin name for the Morning Star
Jesus, self-described as "the bright Morning Star" in the Christian Bible
John the Baptist, called a "bright morning star" in Eastern Orthodox Church hymnology
Mary the mother of Jesus, called "morning star" in the Litany of Loreto
John Wycliffe, the English theologian, sometimes referred to as the "Morning Star of the Reformation"

Sounds like humtydumtism to me. Make Morning Star mean whatever suits the situation!
Re: Is Woman Not From God by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2018
I don't involve myself with this kind of discussion because it is extreme delicate. OP understood exactly what he wanted to do. Believe me, he had gone deep or discussed extensively with a group of people. And he decided to dump it here. Note that he also dumped it in the romance section too. I think he had an intention.

A friend discussed this thread with me like a week ago. Apparently, the fellow needed my opinion here, but I deliberately chose to ignore it. That I remained silent does not mean I disrespected you or not interested in helping you out. Nope, I had my reasons and it was too early to discuss it with you. Well, I checked it again yesterday, and I am forced to contrubute. I do not intend to debate with anyone but to throw light into the issue. And then, walk away.

Is woman not from God? Are the sons of God angels, giants, fallen angels, etc? What was suppose to be the original size of man? Is the present average height of men 5 feet 8, 5 ft 9, the plan of God? Was the original plan that we should be 15ft? Who are the giants? Who are the Nephilim? These are deep questions.

To interprete the Bible meaningfully, it should be done with the original language it was written. So, learn to interprete the Old Testament via Hebrew and the new Testament via Greek. If you base it on just modern languages like using English as you guys are doing, you will get it all wrong. And I will just point your attention to some issues.

The sons of God. Some say they are angels, some say they are humans, some say they are special specie, etc. What is the original word used in the Hebrew Bible? It is bənê hāʼĕlōhîm. In all other places where Hebrew is used in Old testament, the two words did not come again in a verse except in Job 2.1 and New International Version of the Bible used angels to describe them. Still looking at these Hebrew words: bənê means sons; and hāʼĕlōhîm means God. Literal meaning means sons of God. While it is clear in the book of Job that the sons of God mentioned in the book of Job are angels. So, can we just say that the sons of God in Gen.6.2 are angels?

Well, there is no clear way to answer this question based on Bible. It is impossible. Those who said they are men will use everything to defend it, and those who say they are angels will never back down. So, using Bible to get the real fact is fruitless.

MutleLaff quoted Luke 3.38 to support sons of God as men. Interesting. The only error he made was that he did not find the original meaning of the words sons and God in Greek. He is using English to support his claim. Very wrong. Now, let us look at the verse in Greek. Attached is the screenshot from my Greek Bible. In the original Greek Bible, there is absolutely no word like son, child, daughter, etc. Just something like : of Adam, of God. But the English translation had to add "son" to "of God" to make it meaningful. I can even put seed of God, product of God, likeness of God, etc. So quoting this verse is wrong. Look at the attached picture again. Every effort to use new testament to prove anything here might be fruitless, except the word is checked and it makes sense.

Anyway, my point is that this debate is endless using the Bible. I need to take you back to the days when Bible was not a common book. Only a group of people had it. We all know that it was out of the reach of the common man for many years. And then, when it was decided to be made available, it was edited. Books were removed, books were added, many things happend. Again, when it was to be made available in English, King James set up a panel and they chose the right words they felt was fine. They put into consideration the political and religious state at the time while choosing their words. So, you cannot use English Bible to get the real meaning. And the old Hebrew and Greek original versions have been revised. So, it is a fruitless effort using the Bible to explain this subject. You will keep hearing of strolls of Bible detected now and then. Try to read the story behind New Intertional Version and why mordern scholars prefer it to King James Version.

The picture someone posted about man's height before flood in comparison with the present man is very useful. It shows there are more to these issues. If we say Adam and Eve are giants, where do humans get 5 to 6 ft gene from? If we say the genes escaped flood and Goliath is among, why don't we have them again in this our world. Or is the gene that caused "giantism" or the disorder called "Acromegaly"? My point is that science has got its opinion on this topic too.

Why were books removed from the original Bible? Where do the seven books of Moses, the book of Enoch, and many religious books come from? Why were some books of prophets removed from the Bible? If you start studying Judaism, you start getting answers, but is it only Judahism? There are many deep mysteries, and previous attempts to solve them led to creation of societies like freemanson, illuminati, and many other secret scocieties. You want to know if angel can have sex with man. Hmmmm! You want to prove that angels are sons of God. You better be ready to see what normal human suppose not to see. The people who decided to cut of some books from the original book have their reasons. They said Enoch walked with God, and he was no more. And there is the Book of Enoch which has been black listed in christiany. Are there no other societies using the book? What about the books of Moses?

The watchers. The Nephilim
Why do you think Seun is on this thread? Why do you think he is a fan of the game of throne? The guy is knowledgeable. Fans of the TV series "Game of Throne" (one of the best all time TV series) will definitely know about "the watchers" that Jon Snow joined. The term the watchers is ancient, and dated to the time of Enoch. Many things happened in those years. A portion from Enoch which you come across when studying the watchers is:

And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: "Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children." And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: "I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin." And they all answered him and said: "Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing." Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim

Read more about Semjaza, the leader of the angels who were supposed to be guardian angels, also known as watchers in the book of Enoch. Read about it's sin, it's consequence, and how angel Gabriel was involved. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samyaza

If you want to stay with what the word of God says, quit this debate. You will get yourself in deep mysteries which can lock you in the world of secret societies. It is your choice to make. To unravel this, you will have to study deep secrets and mysteries.

For me, I choose to stay with what the present word of God says. It does not add more to me to start unraveling the watchers, fallen angels, the Nephilim, etc. They are deep mysteries that can get you lost in deep ocultism.

Best of luck.

Also check: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_God

To my friend who discussed this thread with me. I had to open a new moniker for this purpose just because I noticed that this is getting serious. I did not want to come here because these topics are extremely dangerous. These secret society people throw these questions on forums so as to recruit new members. You should be careful debating religious topics. Religion dictates politics. Politicians are tools in the hands of these secretive people. It is why I told you that I do not involve myself with politics and religion. Better you pick some safe materials than debating this kind of topic. I am sure they will start sending me PMs. If it gets to that, I will simply deactivate this account. It is an extreme dangerous topic. They might have started sending you PMs too, please, be careful. I had to do this just because of you. Yeah, we might not agree on some issues, but it has not got to the stage I will keep silent and watch you fall into these bad hands. The way there are many eggs in the business section scamming people is the way they are in religious sections recruiting new members for their secret societies. You know yourself, please kindly get in touch with me so I can explain it in details. There are topics you should stay away from. You know how to reach me.

Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
budaatum:

Thanks for searching. Must say though, that I'm no clearer to understanding your stand on Genesis 6:1-2.
1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

- Genesis 6:1-2

In a sentence, my stand on Genesis 6:1-2, is that
the sons of God in the Genesis 6:2 aren't angels
nor are they the sun and moon metaphors used in Job 38:7

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

(PUI) - Pastor "Preaching Under Influence" Of Indian Hemp / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Open Heavens 2012 Now Available On Mobile / Why Did God Condone Such Terrible Violence In The Old Testament?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.