Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Is Woman Not From God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Woman Not From God (8451 Views)

Is Woman The Initial Plan Of God? / Is Woman General Overseer Biblical / Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 5:14am On Sep 01, 2018
Mobilia:

Hi brother,
Yes....I'm sorry about that. I got terribly distracted....but I'm coming back...soon.
Thanks a million for your patience again... smiley

You are welcome wink

Patience is a virtue, take all the time you want.

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 5:29am On Sep 01, 2018
Dalam0n:
Christians be presenting childish mythical tales and superstitions as reality.

You on the other hand shouldn't have a sleepless night over this childish mythical tales and superstition. wink
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 7:51am On Sep 01, 2018
Mobilia:
Hi brother,
Yes....I'm sorry about that. I got terribly distracted....but I'm coming back...soon.
Thanks a million for your patience again... smiley
Be encouraged,
and dont get distracted from the truth.
I believe you surely are coming back, and coming back not strong but coming back stronger.
Your scepticism is well founded,
and it is refreshing to see another take a stand like this
Re: Is Woman Not From God by sonmvayina(m): 9:49am On Sep 01, 2018
ichuka:

Yes and there spirits are the demons we have today

So, God sending the flood did not solve any problem...

Hmm... Says so much about your idea of God..
Re: Is Woman Not From God by sonmvayina(m): 9:56am On Sep 01, 2018
Maamin:

This will completely contradict these verses from the bible. Ecc 12:7 ,9:10

Because the Bible compares death to sleep more than fifty times. After death we are asleep, we are unconscious; we are not aware of the passing of time or of what is going on around us. That is what death is like as well. The Bible says, "for the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing… their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished" (Ecclesiastes 9:5, NKJV, see also Psalm 146:4; 115:17).

It makes perfect sense that after Lazarus was raised from the dead, he doesn’t share what he saw or experienced. He didn’t have anything to tell, except that once he was dead, and now he is alive! He didn’t experience hell or heaven. In other words the soul or spirits of the offspring of the falling angels can't live on to torment people rather the spirit(breath of life in this case) returns to God who gave it while the body return to the dust where it was formed from until Judgement when the body will be reunited with the Spirit (breath of life) to become a living soul again. "And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh..." Gen 6:3

You tried in your attempt to explain it from a spiritual perspective... Until you mixed in some bull sheet... The flesh is made from dust and to dust it shall return..
Spirit and body will never come together again.. This your idea is part of Egyptian paganism where they do mummification to preserve the body so it can be reunited with the spirit later on..

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by Dalam0n: 10:12am On Sep 01, 2018
Maamin:

You on the other hand shouldn't have a sleepless night over this childish mythical tales and superstition. wink

Not when this nonsense is what they try to use to control others.

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by sonmvayina(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2018
Some people still think the Bible is a history textbook... It is a spiritual manual.. Gods, Goddess, demons etc are all personification of laws and principles.. They all proceed from one source.. The CREATOR...

Angels are demons, demons are angels... There difference are only as a result of the job they are doing for God from human perspective... If God sends them to go and kill and destroy, we call them demons, (we have read that in the bible) if God sends them to save and bring good tidings we call them angels..

Bottom line, they are all spiritual entities..
Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 10:31am On Sep 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

You tried in your attempt to explain it from a spiritual perspective... Until you mixed in some bull sheet... The flesh is made from dust and to dust it shall return..
Spirit and body will never come together again.. [s]This your idea is part of Egyptian paganism where they do mummification to preserve the body so it can be reunited with the spirit later on..[/s]

Not my idea but what the scripture teaches.

No, the flesh returns to dust and perish ...the bible do not teach of mummification.

They will be resurrected in due time when Christ come for them.

The soul and the spirit are connected, but separable (Hebrews 4:12). The soul is the essence of humanity’s being; it is who we are. The spirit is the immaterial part of humanity that connects with God. Though they are mutually connected in flesh (body).

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 10:33am On Sep 01, 2018
Dalam0n:

Not when this nonsense is what they try to use to control others.

No one is forcing anything on you, go and rest. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by sonmvayina(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2018
Maamin:

No, the flesh returns to dust and perish ...the bible do not teach of mummification.

The soul and the spirit are connected, but separable (Hebrews 4:12). The soul is the essence of humanity’s being; it is who we are. The spirit is the immaterial part of humanity that connects with God. Though they are mutually connected in flesh (body).

Yez, and I am saying the Christians got the idea from Egyptian paganism... It is not a Jewish old testament belief.. The jews believe in reincarnation.. Job1:20-22
Re: Is Woman Not From God by sonmvayina(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2018
Maamin:

Not every human being has got a soul... Some are soulless,like you.... You cannot be claiming the almighty creator of the universe sometimes in the past stoop so low to impregnate a women, another man's wife for that matter and be claiming you have a soul.. That is the height of mockery and insult.. A being that created the universe by speaking it to existence.... But all human has a body and spirit...

Humans are Gods(spiritual beings) experiencing this physical world...
Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

[s]Not every human being has got a soul... Some are soulless,like you.... You cannot be claiming the almighty creator of the universe sometimes in the past stoop so low to impregnate a women, another man's wife for that matter and be claiming you have a soul.. That is the height of mockery and insult.. A being that created the universe by speaking it to existence.... But all human has a body and spirit...

Humans are Gods(spiritual beings) experiencing this physical world.[/s].

You are off topic undecided
Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

[s]Yez, and I am saying the Christians got the idea from Egyptian paganism... It is not a Jewish old testament belief.. The jews believe in reincarnation.. Job1:20-22[/s]

Your opinion and wrong assertion
Re: Is Woman Not From God by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Be encouraged,
I believe you surely are coming back, and coming back not strong but coming back stronger.
Your scepticism is well founded.

Wow...I am shocked! What a surprise..
Brother, I say this with all due respect and deep sincerity.
This encouragement coming from you, brother...well I am truly, truly humbled.
Thank you...
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mobilia:
Wow...I am shocked! What a surprise..
Brother, I say this with all due respect and deep sincerity.
This encouragement coming from you, brother...well I am truly, truly humbled.
Thank you...
Give me, everyday, a humble heart God, that I may hear Thee.

I noticed how you voiced out and rather walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.
thats why I am rooting for you coz'

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by ichuka(m): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

So, God sending the flood did not solve any problem...

Hmm... Says so much about your idea of God..
The flood was His prescription of anything that is/became FLESH.and it typifies the Cross.
The demonic spirits created by the union of fallen angels and women have an appointed time.
Matt8:29And they cried out, saying, "What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the TIME?"
Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Be encouraged,
Your scepticism is well founded,

Looking forward to her rebuttals, I'm also learning myself. cheesy

What is your take on this topic?
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Maamin:
And these new beings that were created are the Nephilims (giants) and they were wiped away in Noah’s flood.
They truly were wiped out during the Noah flood
but guess what Maamin, the Nephilim (i.e. giant) gene survived

Maamin:
This interpretation is wrong.
There are still God's people today and when they mix with unbelievers there is no disastrous result that can occur as given birth to "Giants" or powerful men of renown "heroes of old."
Further, why would God decide to bring the flood on the earth (Genesis 6:5-7) when God had never forbidden powerful human males or descendants of Seth to marry ordinary human females or descendants of Cain?
The oncoming judgment of Genesis 6:5-7 is linked to what took place in Genesis 6:1-4.
Only the obscene, perverse marriage of fallen angels with human females would seem to justify such a harsh judgment and all that.

Through out the old testament the phrase "sons of God" always refer to Angels read Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7.

You might want to ask, but angels are not meant to mate or procreate like humans? I will reply you when you do that.

A potential problem with this is in Matthew 22:30, which indicates that angels do not marry.
The Bible gives us no reason to believe that angels have a gender or are able to reproduce.

Jesus said "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."
However, the text does not say "angels are not able to marry."
Rather, it indicates only that angels do not marry.
Which in my opinion I could liken to God's jurisdiction or set boundaries for them.
Secondly, Matthew 22:30 is referring to the "angels in heaven".
It is not referring to fallen angels (Angels who do not keep their boundaries),
who do not care about God’s created order and actively seek ways to disrupt God’s plan.
The fact that God’s holy angels do not marry or engage in sexual relations does not mean the same is true of Satan and his fellow demons.

This should indirectly tell you that Angels who are spirit beings transformed into earthly human bodies should possess and be able to perform all human activities.
Take for example the angels that wined and dined with Abraham, the two angels in bodily form which the people of Sodom wanted to sleep with as well, Jesus who was once a spirit being but became flesh and blood dwell among us and even tasted death.
Sometimes, we give Satan and especially, like in this case, his angels, way too much credit
Imagine fallen angels having sex with human beings.
Who dash angels monkey banana?
I am sorry that is a bad pun so excuse it

To start with, after their rebellion,
Satan & his fallen angels, lost whatever abilities they might have had, to appear in physical human forms period.

Angels can ONLY appear in physical human forms and perform all permissible fleshly activities, if and/or when representing God.

Anything less than being in that official capacity, automatically renders such beings, ineligible from having rights to appear as a human being
and perform whatever permissible fleshly activities allowed

It just for such beings wont happen

Also whats important to know, is that, angels, never had, havent any mandate to procreate, that mandate was given to human beings

Maybe I am reading the bible upside down sha
but I know, if anyone exists, that's read in the bible about any fallen angel transforming into or appearing in physical human forms
and performing fleshly activities, that person will gladly point it out, where they've done so

Maamin:
I was expecting more explanatory reply with Bible references from you after waiting couple of days for your reply. kiss

Yes! The Sons of God in Genesis were actually Angels and not godly sons of Seth.
This particular scripture has been greatly misinterpreted by many.
However, if we let the scripture to speak all through..i think we will surely get the true picture of what it says.

Like I earlier said that in old testament, the sons of God always refers to Angels. Citing

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

In Gen. 6:1-2. Specifically says "Sons of God" and "daughters of men".
This indicate that they are distinct race of beings.

In verse 1 it says "when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,".
If, in fact the sons of God were men it should have read "men of God " took "daughters of men".
But if you ponder a little, these daughters of men were not said to be evil or bad apart from that they were fair.
What could be the reason for the corruption other than spirit beings of God leaving their original estate to bond with flesh?
Gen 6:3 "And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh:.."

The weakness of your assertion is that, ordinary human males(sons of Seth) marrying ordinary human females(daughters of men) does not account for why the offspring were "giants" or "heroes of old, men of renown."

Another reason is that, why would God decide to bring the flood on the earth (Genesis 6:5-7) when God had never forbidden powerful human males or descendants of Seth to marry ordinary human females or descendants of Cain?.
The union of godly men and ungodly women still occur till this day and does not result to "Nephilims (giants)"

You agreed concerning the three angels that ate with Abraham, you also agreed that
The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to have sex with the two angels who were with Lot.
This indicate that angels in physical human form will perform all fleshly activities as humans do.
Though the people of S&G didn't know that they were even angels.
Jesus is the Son of God (a spirit being before he came to earth) but He took the form of flesh and was subjected through every feelings humans experience too.

In other to know exactly where you disagree..
i will like you to point out with particular scriptural reference that you think disagrees to this teaching and we would reason it together.
Maamin, you're my guy
but all your proposals and including the quoted immediate above too, unfortunately, have more holes in them than Swiss cheese

1/ Taking into account the Genesis 18:1-2, 20-22 narrative,
why were, the two in bodily form, which the people of Sodom wanted to sleep with, in the first place, at Sodom & Gomorrah for?
2/ If toeing the line of your construct,
why isnt Jesus, "who was once a spirit being but became flesh and blood dwell among us and even tasted death",
not born a Nephilim aka Biblical giant?
3/ What is the expression for the singular difference, between the body, angel(s) had, appearing as men
and the body, Jesus had, before He tasted death?
4/ Now what is the singular similarity between the body of angel(s) appearing as men
and the body of Jesus
, "who was once a spirit being but became flesh and blood dwell among us..." after He tasted death?
5/ Are you aware that angels, whether fallen or not, are incapable of having physical and direct intimate sex with humans?

Maamin:
Looking forward to her rebuttals
Makes two of us then
and thats why I am rooting for her

Maamin:
I'm also learning myself. cheesy
We all are learning
Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
Learning at this side of eternity, only stops when we die

Maamin:
What is your take on this topic?
I've given a bit above,
few more follows below

youngfocus:
"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair;
and they took them wives of all which they chose.
"
- Genesis 6:2

Please I don't understand this bible passage,
is the bible trying to say woman are not from God directly,
both man are woman are born same way,
but the bible make reference to man, as son of God,
but woman as daughter of man

Bible scholars in the house share more light on this.
My take, is that, the original poster's use of Genesis 6:2 to create the questioning "Is Woman Not From God" topic
stemmed from not understanding the verse, just as he rightly admitted he doesnt

If there were "sons of God", there will be "daughters of God"
just as, if there were "daughters of men", there will be "sons of men"

The bible, in John 1:12, says:
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
(i.e. she, daughters of God, as well) even to them that believe on his name
"

Aside John 1:12 above, now the question is, what is it about being "the sons/daughters of God"?
The major & key thing in the "the sons/daughters of God" expresssion, really, is about dependence
Dependence upon what? Dependence upon who? you'll ask
Well, whoever or whatever your dependence is upon, gives away, whether you're part of, or not part of "the sons/daughters of God"

As, any, whether angels or human beings, living in full dependence on God, are called "the sons/daughters of God"
Any, whether angel or human being, fully relying upon God, of own free will and so in glad submission, is called a "son/daughter of God"

It is from youngfocus, the original poster's failure, in understanding Genesis 6:2, that made him ask:
"is the bible trying to say woman are not from God directly"
and to incorrectly misrepresent the bible with this next remark
"the bible make reference to man, as son of God, but woman as daughter of man"

Contrary to what youngfocus, the original poster, constructed,
the bible was not making and did not, make reference to man, as son of God, nor woman, as daughter of man
but rather made a statement of fact reference, to when sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair;
and they took them wives of all which they chose

Said, in a simplified way, some sons of God, saw the daughters of God that they might be fair like the daughter of men are;
but these sons of God, didnt take to, these daughters of God, as wives material, to chose from,
rather these other sons of God, preferred the daughters of men, as wife material

When one, fast forwards to Genesis 6:8-9, moving on from Genesis 6:2, then a proper understanding of the situation in Genesis 6:2, unravels.

Noah, as a son of God, had grace
with this grace/favour, he had the sense, to avoid "daughters of men" & stick to a "daughter of God" is what Genesis 6:8 is saying.

Genesis 6:9 corroboates Genesis 6:8, saying, Noah did the right thing (i.e. he was righteous)
and that among the people of his time, he had sound, unblemished & without defect judgement (i.e. he was blameless)
Also, that he didnt depart from walking habitually with God

Noah, was the only one, found in his generation, doing just exactly, what Mobilia succinctly said, earlier on page 1, that:
"God's people were not to mix with the unbelievers"

The budaatum, likes mind of this world, feeling perplexed,
now begin to wonder, why it took God, 2000 years to appear on earth in the person of Jesus

The "unbelievers" in Noah's time were, any that, maybe "the sons/daughters of men"

Recall above, that whoever or whatever the dependence is upon, is what opens the lid and gives "the sons/daughters of men" away

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

The budaatum, likes mind of this world, feeling perplexed, now begin to wonder, why it took God, 2000 years to appear on earth in the person of Jesus.
You need to stop with these wrong assertions! budaatum is in no way perplexed or wondering, why any god took 2000 years to appear anywhere in any form!

buda perfectly understands that at best, it took that long for some Yahwehists to decide they had waited too long worshipping an unseen god and decided to deify and worship a seen one instead! The only major wonder at the time was the realisation that they could freely create a god to bow to and worship! They probably learnt it from the Romans, who were rather adept at creating gods out of their emperors.

What is perplexing, if anything, is the fact that your "likes mind of this world" haven't figured out how to create gods too.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by Truthchiz: 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2018
No nah women are not from God. Na your papa born them all.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2018
budaatum:
You need to stop with these wrong assertions!
budaatum is in no way perplexed or wondering, why any god took 2000 years to appear anywhere in any form!.
https://www.nairaland.com/4685746/beginning-snakes-legs/1#70505642
My apologies. I remember ascribing a like to the above post you impassionately wrote
but vaguely thought you mentioned 2000 years and Jesus in it.
I must have mistaken you for another. Sorry
Also that 2000 years, was meant to be 4000 years

budaatum:
buda perfectly understands that at best, it took that long for some Yahwehists to decide they had waited too long worshipping an unseen god and decided to deify and worship a seen one instead!

The only major wonder at the time was the realisation that they could freely create a god to bow to and worship!
They probably learnt it from the Romans, who were rather adept at creating gods out of their emperors.

What is perplexing, if anything, is the fact that your "likes mind of this world" haven't figured out how to create gods too
What are you bleating about now

budaatum:
What is perplexing, if anything, is the fact that your "likes mind of this world" haven't figured out how to create gods too.
For crying out loud. We are gods!
Don't you know we are gods?

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

For crying out loud. We are gods!
Don't know you know we are gods?
I am tempted to ask you to turn this stone into bread, but you'd most likely misunderstand and twist it completely.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2018
budaatum:
I am tempted to ask you to turn this stone into bread, but you'd most likely misunderstand and twist it completely.
People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God
Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God
Every word! And not just what is written in one single book!
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
budaatum:
Every word! And not just what is written in one single book!
Every word
and that includes what is written in one single book
Re: Is Woman Not From God by budaatum: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Every word
and that includes what is written in one single book
And in the Quran, the Bagadavita, Alice in Wonderland, Things Fall Apart, Harry Potter the Asvalayana Sutra, the Sankhayana Sutra and every other word generated by the human being for the advancement of the human being!
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
budaatum:
And in the Quran, the Bagadavita, Alice in Wonderland, Things Fall Apart, Harry Potter, the Asvalayana Sutra, the Sankhayana Sutra and every other word generated by the human being for the advancement of the human being!
Yes, you will find word that comes from the mouth of God in the Quran, the Bagadavita, Alice in Wonderland, Things Fall Apart, Harry Potter the Asvalayana Sutra, the Sankhayana Sutra and every other word generated by the human being for the advancement of the human being and to the glory of God.

I tell you that, if they're to keep quiet, the stones themselves will start shouting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Woman Not From God by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
They truly were wiped out during the Noah flood

Sometimes, we give Satan and especially, like in this case, his angels, way too much credit

Satan & his fallen angels, lost whatever abilities they might have had, to appear in physical human forms period.

Angels can ONLY appear in physical human forms and perform all permissible fleshly activities, if and/or when representing God.

Anything less than being in that official capacity, automatically renders such beings, ineligible from having rights to appear as a human being

It just for such beings wont happen

Also whats important to know, is that, angels, never had, havent any mandate to procreate, that mandate was given to human beings

but I know, if anyone exists, that's read in the bible about any fallen angel transforming into or appearing in physical human forms
and performing fleshly activities, that person will gladly point it out, where they've done so

Maamin, you're my guy
but all your proposals and including the quoted immediate above too, unfortunately, have more holes in them than Swiss cheese

why were, the two in bodily form, which the people of Sodom wanted to sleep with, in the first place, at Sodom & Gomorrah for?
why isnt Jesus, "who was once a spirit being but became flesh and blood dwell among us and even tasted death",
3/ What is the expression for the singular difference, between the body, angel(s) had, appearing as men
4/ Now what is the singular similarity between the body of angel(s) appearing as men
and the body of Jesus
, "who was once a spirit being but became flesh and blood dwell among us..." after He tasted death?
5/ Are you aware that angels, whether fallen or not, are incapable of having physical and direct intimate sex with humans?

Makes two of us then
and thats why I am rooting for her

We all are learning

I've given a bit above,
few more follows below

My take, is that, the original poster's use of Genesis 6:2 to create the questioning "Is Woman Not From God" topic

"

Aside John 1:12 above, now the question is, what is it about being "the sons/daughters of God"?
The major & key thing in the "the sons/daughters of God" expresssion, really, is about dependence
Well, whoever or whatever your dependence is upon, gives away, whether you're part of, or not part of "the sons/daughters of God"

As, any, whether angels or human beings, living in full dependence on God, are called "the sons/daughters of God"
Any, whether angel or human being, fully relying upon God, of own free will and so in glad submission, is called a "son/daughter of God"

It is from youngfocus, the original poster's failure, in understanding Genesis 6:2, that made him ask:

the bible was not making and did not, make reference to man, as son of God, nor woman, as daughter of man
but rather made a statement of fact reference, to when sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair;

Said, in a simplified way, some sons of God, saw the daughters of God that they might be fair like the daughter of men are;
but these sons of God, didnt take to, these daughters of God, as wives material, to chose from,
rather these other sons of God, preferred the daughters of men, as wife material

When one, fast forwards to Genesis 6:8-9, moving on from Genesis 6:2, then a proper understanding of the situation in Genesis 6:2, unravels.

with this grace/favour, he had the sense, to avoid "daughters of men" & stick to a "daughter of God" is what Genesis 6:8 is saying.

Genesis 6:9 corroboates Genesis 6:8, saying, Noah did the right thing (i.e. he was righteous)
and that among the people of his time, he had sound, unblemished & without defect judgement (i.e. he was blameless)

Noah, was the only one, found in his generation, doing just exactly, what Mobilia succinctly said, earlier on page 1, that:

The budaatum, likes mind of this world, feeling perplexed,
now begin to wonder, why it took God, 2000 years to appear on earth in the person of Jesus

The "unbelievers" in Noah's time were, any that, maybe "the sons/daughters of men"

Recall above, that whoever or whatever the dependence is upon, is what opens the lid and gives "the sons/daughters of men" away

Brother,
Wow, you have said a lot of powerful info here.
I love the "sons" and "daughters" explanation.
I don't really know how to improve on what you said.
But I will come back (thanks for you guys'patience) and have folks look at the definition of a "giant" and how that notion perhaps is confusing the masses to believe that angels and humans "mated" to create that phenomena (which by the way, I disagree with).
I think we may be looking at that word from a fantastical/Hollywood-inspired view..rather than a more practical view.

CC: Maamin

1 Like

Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=70830167]They truly were wiped out during the Noah flood

This giants were they physically big?

What I understand is that so much has been restricted from those falling angels after their rebellion. Though they are still powerful and a little higher than man.

I think they can transform or rather shape shift physically at will...the bible says "..even Satan has transform into angel of light". This are higher ability inherent of these spirit beings. But may be it has been bound and taken away from them in other not to keep replicating and perverting the natural order.

You never know what their mandate is/was when they were created, because bible did not mention it either. I only perceive that a boundary was set for them perhaps in the aspect of procreating or mingling with human which they did not keep.

But the bible already did in Gen 6:1-6

Maamin, you're my guy

and the body of Jesus

Here is what you fail to understand. Jesus came as flesh, it was as God's plan, that is the divine will of God. I'd just like God firming Adam earlier in Genesis. Jesus can not be a mutated or extra physically different in appearance as compared to the perverted union between angelic brings and daughters of men.

Is like wanting a complete breed of goat or human from let's say a union of a man who had sex with a goat. Trust me the outcome will not look like a normal kid/goat or a normal human child.

You need to back up the bolded for me with scriptures.

We all are learning

wink

I've given a bit above,
few more follows below

"

His question stem from the use of the word "sons of God" and "Daughters of men". But I completely understand where he is going with it.

Like I said earlier, the Sons of God in Genesis 6, are no other than angelic beings.

Yes Technically asserting that the mention of these sons of God were not just righteous men of God per say. But higher spirited beings. The very once referred to in Job, as rejoicing when the foundation of the world was being laid.

What exactly was the stigma on these daughters of men apart from being flesh?. While sons of God are born of God's spirit.?

All these are just assumption no concrete verse to foot the stand of this your speculation to.

Noah was still termed as a MAN who found grace and favour in the eyes of the lord.
Re: Is Woman Not From God by Maamin(m): 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Brother,
Wow, you have said a lot of powerful info here.
I love the "sons" and "daughters" explanation.
I don't really know how to improve on what you said.
But I will come back (thanks for you guys'patience) and have folks look at the definition of a "giant" and how that notion perhaps is confusing the masses to believe that angels and humans "mated" to create that phenomena (which by the way, I disagree with).
I think we may be looking at that word from a fantastical/Hollywood-inspired view..rather than a more practical view.

CC: Maamin

I have been waiting to hear from you. God's speed. cheesy
Re: Is Woman Not From God by MuttleyLaff: 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2018
Maamin:
This giants were they physically big?
Yeah now.
Of course, they're physically big as big if not bigger than the original and previous Nephilims

Maamin:
What I understand is that so much has been restricted from those falling angels after their rebellion. Though they are still powerful and a little higher than man
Human beings are the only ones permitted and mandated to physically impregnate themselves

It is only God that is capable of physically impregnating humans.
Not angels, whether fallen or non fallen, who are 110% incapable of physically impregnating humans.

Maamin:
I think they can transform or rather shape shift physically at will...
the bible says "..even Satan has transform into angel of light".
This are higher ability inherent of these spirit beings.

But may be it has been bound and taken away from them in other not to keep replicating and perverting the natural order.
Show me one incident of fallen angel shape shifting in the bible.
None. Nada, not even one

Mobilia is right, about the effect of all these fantastical/Hollywood-inspired influences

The neatly arranged perfect natural order with its serene and systematic functioning set up was disrupted the instant the fruit was shared.
The world's already is and still is, in disorder.

Maamin:
You never know what their mandate is/was when they were created,
because bible did not mention it either.
I only perceive that a boundary was set for them perhaps in the aspect of procreating or mingling with human which they did not keep.
Be my guest, if you want to live in that fantasy world of fallen angels humping humans

Maamin:
Gen 6:1-6
Is that the only scripture for your fallen angel transforming into or appearing in physical human forms and performing fleshly activities?

I can list you lots of, a not fallen angel transforming into or appearing in physical human forms and performing fleshly activities

Maamin:
Here is what you fail to understand.
Jesus came as flesh, it was as God's plan, that is the divine will of God.
I'd just like God firming Adam earlier in Genesis.
Jesus can not be a mutated or extra physically different in appearance as compared to the perverted union between angelic brings and daughters of men.

Is like wanting a complete breed of goat or human from let's say a union of a man who had sex with a goat.
Trust me the outcome will not look like a normal kid/goat or a normal human child.

You need to back up the bolded for me with scriptures
I will and more, after you have answered the 5 questions listed,
and answer them one after the other the same manner I asked

Maamin:
His question stem from the use of the word "sons of God" and "Daughters of men". But I completely understand where he is going with it.

Like I said earlier, the Sons of God in Genesis 6, are no other than angelic beings.
sons of God is not an exclusive title for angels
It is not used only for angels

"But as many as received Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
(i.e. she, daughters of God, as well) even to them that believe on his name"

The word received, in John 1:12, refers to "regard",
as in, "regarding someone's power, authority, position etcetera"
adding up to mean, as many as have regard of/to Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God.

It is not fallen angels but it is the human beings that had high regard for God, that went further down the slippery slope
by lusting after women (i.e. daughters of men) who had no high regard for God

Maamin:
Yes
Technically asserting that the mention of these sons of God were not just righteous men of God per say.
But higher spirited beings.
The very once referred to in Job, as rejoicing when the foundation of the world was being laid.
Why dont you drop the bible verse here.
Lets, together, do a peer review of it

Maamin:
All these are just assumption no concrete verse to foot the stand of this your speculation to.
Assumption, no concrete bible verse and outright speculation.
This is exactly what you are doing.

On the other what you read there, is reality, miles more and away from being assumption or speculation

Maamin:
Noah was still termed as a MAN who found grace and favour in the eyes of the lord.
ROTBL.
You know why "Noah was still termed as a Man and favour in the eyes of the lord" sic?
It is because he didnt think with his head. He thought with his other, better and correct head
Re: Is Woman Not From God by orisa37: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2018
Man and woman, He created them. He created Eve from The Ribs of Adam.
After eating the forbidden fruit, men liked Boobs and Hips and God consented given them more females.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Kolanut And Spiritual Uses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.