Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) (37531 Views)

Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos) / Graphic Photo Of A Decapitated Elephant: Animal Cruelty Should Stop / Mother Elephant Stamps a Crocodile To Death As It Stalks Her Calf(Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by SmartyPants(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2018
seborrhic:
Elephants in Iboland and Nigeria?Strange
Must have strayed from East Africa or the Sahel,hence its wide nature after reaching SouthEast Nigeria after such a treacherous journey.

There are elephants in Nigeria even today.
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by MartinCorridon: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2018
AkpaMgbor:
AkpaMgbor to his father....
Cretinous Asswipe...the only sorrow I may harbour is the knowledge that I share the same biological nomenclature with you..even that is doubtful...

eyah grin

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by MissRaine69(f): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2018
seborrhic:
Must have strayed from East Africa or the Sahel,hence its wide nature after reaching SouthEast Nigeria after such a treacherous journey.
The forest elephant Was found all over West Africa as deforestation increased and humans hunted them to extinction forest elephants retreated further inland and are now found in less populated dense forests in equatorial and central Africa. To say elephants in Nigeria is “strange” shows very little knowledge of your own country.

1 Like

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by PreciousBro: 11:31am On Aug 23, 2018
This sorts of stories encourages one to be brave. After an Elephant kill,one should hang the tusk around the neck as a title or some sort of symbolism representing strength, courage and wisdom.
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by toofit007: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2018
gidgiddy:
This is news to me. I never knew Igbo land had elephants. Even the Monkeys we used to have in my village when I was a kid have all disappeared
do you know the meaning of eyimba? I am sure you have been hearing of eyimba city stadium or eyimba fc... Go and read the history of Aba and her meaning.

3 Likes

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by MaziEDOZIE(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2018
OHAFIA Udumeze,
the Land of the Warriors.

Afonjas won't like this kind of News.

1 Like

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by koladebrainiac(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2018
This is a bad journalism. the elephant is not terrorising. Elephants are gentle creatures. they don't just attack. someone must have provoked it. and besides, nobody dies. its obvious people in those communities were just scared of seeing him. they should go and sit down joor

1 Like

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by Born2Breed(f): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2018
pweshdodo:
Photoshop!!

We don't have elephants in Nigeria

� lol.

Those ivory are from where?
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2018
What did that elephant do to you? undecided
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by Born2Breed(f): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2018

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by gidgiddy: 11:54am On Aug 23, 2018
toofit007:
do you know the meaning of eyimba? I am sure you have been hearing of eyimba city stadium or eyimba fc... Go and read the history of Aba and her meaning.

Now I see why it is called Enyimba city
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by proeast(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
Born2Breed:
[url][/url]Indomie children will always argue. Myopic kids.

http://effiezy.com/2018/03/08/see-the-big-elephant-a-hunter-killed-in-ondo-state-photos/

http://effiezy.com/2018/03/08/see-the-big-elephant-a-hunter-killed-in-ondo-state-photos/[sub][/sub][url][/url]
Lol, why is it that those Igbo men look far more handsome, healthy and prosperous in 1966 than these afonja men in 2018 despite the fact that the former picture is in black and white grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by Bobage16(m): 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2018
yeeah,,dats my villag,,,Asagaukwu ohafia,,vry true story,,,if u go to some homes there,ul stil see elephant skin used for decoration nd remmbranc purpos..
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by ruggedtimi(m): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
Calabarmannn:
Elephant in Nigeria?
even in rivers state. You can still spot them in andoni rivers state.
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by altereg0: 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
Back in the days when 'men were still men'
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by efechris(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
uuzba:

Global warming things.
My Great grandfather killed a lion in Ughelli, Delta state around 1900-1910
I didn't even know lions reached far down south as that.

I hope we are not related cos my maternal grandfather killed one also somewhere in one of the communities in ughelli north. But the story behind d killing is what I still doubt till date. They said he killed the lion by just waving his hand at it.

1 Like

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by boolet: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
gidgiddy:
This is news to me. I never knew Igbo land had elephants. Even the Monkeys we used to have in my village when I was a kid have all disappeared
It's as a result of the civil war.
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by Fourwinds: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
pweshdodo:
Photoshop!!

We don't have elephants in Nigeria

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by Born2Breed(f): 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2018
proeast:

Lol, why is it that those Igbo men look far more handsome, healthy and prosperous in 1966 than these afonja men in 2018 despite the fact that the former picture is in black and white grin grin

Let us consult google and Nigeriana encyclopedia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by meobizy(f): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
I like the picture. The brave men of the past have all died with time. Nowadays there is no true test of bravery for growing boys. It’s why most people move through life without aim.
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gone are the days when elephants abound in the Delta, cross river, Abia and most of the south south
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by gretblue: 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
soberdrunk:
My great grandfather killed 9 dragons and we have picture evidence............ angry
Na so
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
seborrhic:

their are elephants in borno till date
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by Kingsuo: 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
efechris:

I hope we are not related cos my maternal grandfather killed one also somewhere in one of the communities in ughelli north. But the story behind d killing is what I still doubt till date. They said he killed the lion by just waving his hand at it.

Funny thing is here in delta some people back in the days could actually turn into lions and tigers,although diabolic,they do this by passing under a rope,this rope serves as a portal,pass under it and become an animal,return and become human,grandma told me she knew someone personally that transforms into a lion to go hunt and sometimes attack people they have feud with,take that rope away from the position when they changed to animals and they remain animals until they return under the rope,true life stories from my 110 year old grandma,she still alive and strong,she from Delta too

1 Like

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by seborrhic: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
askibee:

their are elephants in borno till date
Interesting.
Nigeria seems to be a blessed country,but the blackness in us,coupled with years of inept leadership just totally regressed any progress we could have made.
Imagine what this country blessed with arable land,tourist sites,land mass and such diversity of animals and wide life would have been today under a say British or Dutch or Western rule.
Its shameful but the truth is that Nigerians just have to admit they are not capable of governing or developing Nigeria by themselves.
Look at South Africa:same wide life diversity,lesser though rich mining resource,diamond and gold,lesser land mass,under a Deutch rule, yet its the richest country in Africa,most developed,most advanced and a tourist site for wide life.Energy 40,000 MW plus.
Here we are battling with 3000-5000MW for 180milliin people and have virtually destroyed all evidence of sought after wide life tourists spend several thousands of dollars round the world to go see.
Yankari,Mambilla Plateau for eg,if had been in a country with even average leaders would have been attracting visitors and massive income on a yearly basis.Those areas alone would have spurned further developments in several towns around the Mambilla and Yankari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by babaireti(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2018
How was the poor innocent creature poising as a terrorist to that erosion invested land? was the animal feeding on your rice or farm produce that you always import from the South west? so tell me why you decided to hunt down an hapless animal just to feed your malnourished lazy IPOd youths
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by uuzba(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
efechris:

Abeg O, my great grandfather shot it with a gun.
My grandfather remembered the details. Wrote it down in his autobiography. My Dad published the book. I read it.
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by jom28gy(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
Wonderful
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by Abagworo(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
[center][/center]
gidgiddy:

Ogbuenyi title is given to Elephant killers. Igboland had leopards, lions and elephants up till the Biafran war. Most of them migrated Eastwards towards Adamawa and Crossriver as a result of the civil war and human population pressure.
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by toprealman: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
uuzba:
That Shoe! grin
Original Weston
Re: 'Terrorist' Elephant Killed In Ohafia, Abia By Hunter In 1966 (Throwback Photo) by rock003: 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
gidgiddy:

All monkeys have gone to Lagos to hustle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Man Kehinde Durojaiye Invents A Jet Car / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Earthquake Causes Panic In Saki, Oyo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.