Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? (18403 Views)

Mosquitoes Or Heat: Choose Your Poison / 5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by manny4u(m): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2018
Bed bugs!!! God knows how much I hate those silly creatures. I won't sleep in a house if I see one.
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by noble2faith(m): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2018
AndLeo:
I once travelled from Lagos to Abuja. Arrived Abuja late and had to sleep in the park till morning. When I got to the house I observed that my clothes and bag were filled with bugs. But luckily enough I don't know why they could not survive in my house. They all dried up and died one by one.

U must be MFM member. grin

1 Like

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by dkronicle(m): 7:10am On Aug 24, 2018
nairalandbuzz:
No choice...

I caught three small rats in my house today after a long time I have used rat gum and the one attached is for mosquitoes in my room that works like magic...
What is that. And it is how much
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by mibrims: 7:13am On Aug 24, 2018
Genniez:
bedbugs are rare but the killer bomb.. Slow and most embracing.. Went to a camp one time and we stayed in there gals hostel I wan die the bite n smell when u kill them hmm u don't wana kno..I wen home with out my belongings so not to transport them to my Hus for free..
u went home naked or? Oniranu!
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Teespice(f): 7:16am On Aug 24, 2018
all of them.
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by iykofias(m): 7:16am On Aug 24, 2018
Felixalex:
Bedbug is the worst...

Mosquitoes: even tho these days insecticides seem not to kill mosquitoes, at least they weaken then and then u can sleep peacefully for that night, the next day you fleet the rooms again. Better still use sth strong like sniper in the room before going out in the morning, for 3days even fresh mosquitoes wey enter the room go die..

Rats: Very annoying and embarrassing, world don spoil sote rats now de dodge traps, they also avoid poisoned foods. But finally there are still ways of getting rid of them.. (Except ur backyard Na dungeon, then u just have to live with dem)..

Bedbugs Even trying to talk about dem is already making me nauseous. Very disgusting stuff. D bad thing is just 1 is enough to build an empire like someone said up there, n to kill dem ehn u need concentrated sniper or sth stronger.

OP didn't mention cockroaches, those tiny cockroaches are more annoying and disgusting than rats and mosquitoes.

Finally sha, all these are dependent on the cleanliness of ur immediate environment and especially that of ur rooms...
bed bugs infestation has nothing to do with sanitation
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by salford1: 7:17am On Aug 24, 2018
mudiana:
I think I might seek asylum in Canada if I ever experience bedbugs again.
Sorry to bust your bubble. There are more bedbugs in Canada than Nigeria. In Nigeria, you can still buy 2nd hand furnitures or beds but never you try that in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by general111(m): 7:19am On Aug 24, 2018
most people saying the most annoying is either rats or bedbug have probably not had any experience with bed bugs..those things could set you up for madness.people will see you scratching,and when they ask you about it,you will not even know what's biting you except you have had the experience before...
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by ghostwritter(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2018
Point of correction, BED BUGS aren't insects, they are Demons.
If u think mosquito or rat are the worst then u haven't had an experience with bed bugs. Can't belief those small creatures almost made a guy like me commit sucide. They won't sleep and won't allow u to sleep.
Rats and mosquitos are child's play to me.
Lol...Can't forget those days in the university when a rat drowned in my pot of new stew, chai!! I don't want to remember.

3 Likes

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Paretomaster1(m): 7:21am On Aug 24, 2018
Opinionated:
Bedbugs.

But.OP, the one many people fear is cockroach.

Top 15 Questions People ask about Cockroaches and their Answers

People or girls you mean to say....
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Boyooosa(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2018
The 3 acts are condemnable, don't just compare them. The least u can do is to just commit suicide when u have the super doper collabo at a time grin. HELL is the wish!
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Bakrabas: 7:24am On Aug 24, 2018
Bedbugs reproduce in multitude... If you kill one bedbug you have killed almost hundred of its generation. I hate bedbug.

I remember well when the unilag was once strike because of the bedbug that nearly finish the students.

Rat cannot follow to interview

Mosquito cannot follow you

But bedbug... Especially if it sighted on you inside the bus or in church
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by mudiana(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2018
salford1:

Sorry to bust your bubble. There are more bedbugs in Canada than Nigeria. In Nigeria, you can still buy 2nd hand furnitures or beds but never you try that in Canada.
o boy! Shey u serious like this so. If this na true, e don finish as Jesus talk for cross.
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by salford1: 7:31am On Aug 24, 2018
Trybes:
Bedbugs very hard to control. Worst some hotels have bedbugs on their beds. Had a terrible experience despite the high cost of lodging couldn't sleep in a hotel at ojodu due to bedbugs
Haha. Was reading about this just 3 days ago. Not Nigeria though but Canada.

I guarantee that the woman won't be able to sleep for atleast 6months without the thoughts of bugs crawling up on her. She would also scatch herself intermittently like a mad person for atleast 6months. Those demons would travel with people from India to Canada and back to Africa.

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2018
Don’t try School boy aka bedbug it takes the grace of God to eradicate them.
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Felixalex(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2018
iykofias:

Yeah, but if your room(s) are tight with clothes, bags and luggage everywhere they will multiply faster. They like hidden corners and holes. And then if u do regular cleanup in ur rooms u will find out that there's bedbug infestation earlier and get rid off them before it gets out of hand na
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Sadiyaene(f): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2018
U forgot to mention cockroaches, I can't stand any of them, I fear cockroaches than anything grin I fit run for cockroach like say na Boko Haram dey pursue me cheesy
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2018
Ranked based on how disgusting/annoying they can be:

Bed bugs
Cockroaches
Mosquitoes
Rats
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by uwa244(m): 7:36am On Aug 24, 2018
Almighty bed bug. Rats and mosquitoes can be eradicated easily. But bed bug........ Speaking from personal experience.
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by darlington15(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2018
Bed bugs are the worst, they can frustrate one's life,they frustrated to the extent I did extensive research on how to terminate them.
I bought a sniper,Rambo and kerosene,mixed all three together,with a syringe,I brought out all the furnitures in my house outside.
Truth is they can be easily traced,anywhere in furniture u see a concentration of black tiny dots in ur furniture,that is their breeding ground/birthing place.
The liquid mixture kills them instantly and on contact.
After doing this,its been over six months,haven't seen a single bed bug till date

3 Likes

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by mibrims: 7:45am On Aug 24, 2018
dyangprof:

Na so failure dey start fa exams

Op said which one is most annoying, you dey say all of the above.
if ur used 2 writing exams den u go know say all of the above nd none of the above dey exist
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by salford1: 7:48am On Aug 24, 2018
iykofias:
Did research about them back in Uni when they invaded our room. They are difficult to exterminate because they can survive for one year without sucking blood but would feed every night when there is a blood source. They track their victims via smell and heat given off by the human body. They also lay there eggs in wall sockets, on rugs, in linings of curtain e.t.c.
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by shugabasbn: 7:49am On Aug 24, 2018
I hate bedbug with passion.
But to be frank, they can all be controlled. Spray your room with DV18 twice in a week and make sure u don't leave remnants food open or buy cat for the rat

1 Like

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by chronique(m): 7:50am On Aug 24, 2018
all of the above.
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by gulfer: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
I have never seen a bedbug in my entire life
Let me help you angry angry

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by nairamaniac: 7:54am On Aug 24, 2018
Op, you forgot to include "our wives & girl friends". undecided
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by iykofias(m): 7:54am On Aug 24, 2018
Felixalex:

Yeah, but if your room(s) are tight with clothes, bags and luggage everywhere they will multiply faster. They like hidden corners and holes. And then if u do regular cleanup in ur rooms u will find out that there's bedbug infestation earlier and get rid off them before it gets out of hand na
very correct and apt

1 Like

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by iykofias(m): 7:55am On Aug 24, 2018
salford1:

Did research about them back in Uni when they invaded our room. They are difficult to exterminate because they can survive for one year without sucking blood but would feed every night when there is a blood source. They track their victims via smell and heat given off by the human body. They also lay there eggs in wall sockets, on rugs, in linings of curtain e.t.c.
those things are unkillable
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2018
None
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Nelsizzy(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2018
If you attended Uniben or any federal university, you have no right to write Mosquitoes and rats in the same statement with bedbugs. Bedbugs are synonymous with pure evil. Lorrrrrrddddddd! Those tiny mini-demons can make you leave your room and sleep on a bench in the cold outside. Ask any Hall III or Hall IV Brethren. If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by Eberex(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2018
Mosquitoes these days don't need insecticides before i go to sleep i walk around with my broom. I search every corner especially the ceilings where they can be perching and waiting. I make sure the room is well lit so i can see every detail. That is how i kill them all.

Rats? the tiny ones are speed demons. I have two small rats always moving like what i don't know. I try to throw objects at them, but i always miss, but luckily i killed one of them while it was in the wastebasket. Now it's just remaining one. It's only a matter of time. Gum doesn't work because if i place it on the path it always threads, it will change direction.

Bed Bugs? hmmmm....my cousin many years ago called them Buggy-boys, maybe because of the way they escape when he shines the light on them after catching them sucking him. The scary thing about them is, they know when to come. Mhen i no wan talk about these vampires jare. Sure way to kill them is complete fumigation of everything in the house from bedsheets to mattress to all clothes.
Re: Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? by isahsalee: 8:20am On Aug 24, 2018
Bedbugs of'cos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines / Man Hangs Himself In Daura, Katsina / COVID-19 Update For September 11 2020 In Nigeria - (1,904 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.