Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Husband During Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Husband During Marriage. (488 Views)

Strange: Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Husband During Traditional Wedding / Lady Searching For Husband Pictured In The Farm / “I Don’t Want An Ugly Man I Can’t Kiss”; Lady Begins Search For Husband. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Husband During Marriage. by InforOrbit: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2018
Canada based Nigerian feminist narrates how she avoided kneeling for husband during traditional marriage.

A Nigerian woman based in Toronto has told of how she challenged cultural norms by choosing not to kneel down for her husband during her traditional marriage, and that Nigerian men are mad about it.

The gorgeous Yoruba bride said she and her husband spoke to the coordinators (Alagas) ahead of the wedding and asked that they do not ask her to kneel for her husband. The wedding day came and it was the way the bride and groom wanted it. There was no mention of submission and she didn’t have to kneel.

She said her sister also took a stand at her own wedding which took place earlier this week.

She wrote;
“Speaking of submission, during my Yoruba engagement, my husband and I told the Alagas to not use that word or ask me to kneel for him. Everyone told me it wouldn’t be possible because of culture. But guess whose knees didn’t touch the ground?”

“My sister’s wedding was earlier this week and she also warned against using the term “ile oko” (husband’s house). Everyone is setting their house rules and removing the bs one act at a time. Looking forward to subversive “no wedding” family members lol”

Read The Full Story with the Traditional Wedding Pictures In the Link Below:

https://www.informationorbit.com/canada-based-nigerian-feminist-narrates-how-she-avoided-kneeling-for-husband-during-traditional-marriage/

Re: Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Husband During Marriage. by amaniro: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2018
This our hypocrisy is too much
What these feminists do is just to oppose men but to protest against the unlawful imprisonment of owerri women now they won't.

Freeeowerri112

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Husband During Marriage. by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2018
mtcheeew misplaced priorities, what's the big deal there in kneeling down just for five to ten minutes. this same you would expect the husband to kneel down when proposing to you.
Re: Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Husband During Marriage. by arejibadz(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
nawa
Re: Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Husband During Marriage. by ednut1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
Freeworld
Re: Nigerian Feminist Narrates How She Avoided Kneeling For Husband During Marriage. by Oluromantic: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
jessca048:
mtcheeew misplaced priorities, what's the big deal there in kneeling down just for five to ten minutes. this same you would expect the husband to kneel down when proposing to you.
I wonder o. Instead of her to challenge her weakness and make herself better she's putting it out on men.

(1) (Reply)

Can My Wife Cheat Me In Future ?pls Suggest / 5 Things Women Discuss In The Absence Of Men. / Happy Birthday To Me Team Sept 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.