Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (299946 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
Viper4Android and Poweramp. tongue

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Jossyroyal1:

Kindly guide me sir
GrandMufti:

Count me out of anything mtk
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
GrandMufti:

Lmao grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
olayinkajnr:
Viper4Android and Poweramp. tongue
you fit share APK with me abeg
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
Dolliz

D last time I had issues with EU ROM, I was migrating from Havoc Os to EU rom using twrp recovery. Booting stopped at Mi logo (unlike urs dt went back to custom recovery). I booted back to TWRP recovery and I formatted data and my phone booted successfully to system.
Format data n see if it will boot to system. Oga GrandMufti help ur guy out
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fuckdem:
you fit share APK with me abeg

Are you rooted?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
busuyi44:

Are you rooted?
no....is it for root users only
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
busuyi44:
Dolliz

D last time I had issues with EU ROM, I was migrating from Havoc Os to EU rom using twrp recovery. Booting stopped at Mi logo (unlike urs dt went back to custom recovery). I booted back to TWRP recovery and I formatted data and my phone booted successfully to system.
Format data n see if it will boot to system. Oga GrandMufti help ur guy out

1. Is this his first update? He hasn't answered that.

2. Why the choice of PBR over OFR? Or was it suggested in his phone's ROM page? If it was suggested, then he should stick with it. Otherwise OFR is better.

He just needs to download the full ROM and flash

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fuckdem:

Yes. Apply for bootloader unlocking. Google it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
GrandMufti:

Yes. Apply for bootloader unlocking. Google it
miui site is not showing anywhere that I can request for unlock..... please where is the correct place to request for unlocking of bootloader
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fuckdem:
miui site is not showing anywhere that I can request for unlock..... please where is the correct place to request for unlocking of bootloader

Google it grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
GrandMufti:

Google it grin
they took me to miui site and it's in Chinese... Google Chrome is not even translating it for me....bros abeg direct ma na
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fuckdem:
they took me to miui site and it's in Chinese... Google Chrome is not even translating it for me....bros abeg direct ma na

androidfilebox . com/tips/how-to-unlock-miui-bootloader-officially/

Remove spaces
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fuckdem:

U will find it as part of Magisk modules

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
busuyi44:

U will find it as part of Magisk modules
thanks for your response
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jossyroyal1: 2:30am On Apr 01, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lmao, guy don't try it. Just enjoy the stock miui like that.

Redmi Note 8 Pro users are facing brick with such attempt and bringing it back to life is strenuous. I don't think you will want to go through that stress. Even development is so few for RN8 Pro.

There are custom ROMs for it but it's not worth it if you eventually get bricked. Unlike the Snapdragon variants of Xiaomi devices, it's not easy to bring it back to life. Even with authorised mi account. Flashing via edl mode on sp flash tools is somehow for redmi Note 8 Pro
I didn't knew this before. I have used Gionee M series devices up to M5 and could flash custom ROMS so I thought that flashing ROM on RN8 pro won't be a rocket science.

Nevertheless, thanks for your details advice...
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 6:37am On Apr 01, 2020
Jossyroyal1:

I didn't knew this before. I have used Gionee M series devices up to M5 and could flash custom ROMS so I thought that flashing ROM on RN8 pro won't be a rocket science.

Nevertheless, thanks for your details advice...

Those one are straightforward bro. You can flash on rn8pro too but trust me, it's not worth it.

Xiaomi devices are fun to explore only if you are willing to take the risk. Especially the mtk variants.

See:

https://c. mi. com/thread-2886767-1-0. html

https://www. gizchina. com/2019/12/17/redmi-note-8-pro-owners-and-developers-suffering-with-bricked-devices/

Remove the spaces and view the link
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jossyroyal1: 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Those one are straightforward bro. You can flash on rn8pro too but trust me, it's not worth it.

Xiaomi devices are fun to explore only if you are willing to take the risk. Especially the mtk variants.

See:

https://c. mi. com/thread-2886767-1-0. html

https://www. gizchina. com/2019/12/17/redmi-note-8-pro-owners-and-developers-suffering-with-bricked-devices/

Remove the spaces and view the link
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Have you tried latest aosp extended time? it bootloops on my device.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:21am On Apr 02, 2020
eby001:

Don't install magisk before first boot up
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2020
GrandMufti:

Don't install magisk before first boot up
Ok, I'll try this too
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
eby001:

Yeah I tried. Worked well. But I'm back on miglobe.

And you actually need to flash magisk for it to boot. You can flash vbmeta too. It should work.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Yeah I tried. Worked well. But I'm back on miglobe.

And you actually need to flash magisk for it to boot. You can flash vbmeta too. It should work.
The key thing is vbmeta, I had it all along on my phone and never used it. Thanks, but I had to flash magisk to gain root access

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mahkanjuh: 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
olayinkajnr:

repairpalng

Please, chief olayinka, what's the easiest way I can root my RN7 without loosing my files and data and apps. And would I be able to install my apps directly on the memory card instead of phone memory after rooting it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
mahkanjuh:

Please, chief olayinka, what's the easiest way I can root my RN7 without loosing my files and data and apps. And would I be able to install my apps directly on the memory card instead of phone memory after rooting it

Easiest way is by first unlocking bootloader (you'll definitely loose your files, data and apps). So it's advisable to backup your files and data to your PC.

After that, you'll flash twrp using your PC and from twrp, you'll flash magisk to get root.

You won't be able to install apps directly on your memory card after rooting, unless you flash an AOSP ROM and format your memory card as internal storage.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mahkanjuh: 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Easiest way is by first unlocking bootloader (you'll definitely loose your files, data and apps). So it's advisable to backup your files and data to your PC.

After that, you'll flash twrp using your PC and from twrp, you'll flash magisk to get root.

You won't be able to install apps directly on your memory card after rooting, unless you flash an AOSP ROM and format your memory card as internal storage.
Thanks very much.....
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2020
Good Friday amidst Covid 19 crisis. cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Anyone using mi9t here?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 9:55am On Apr 10, 2020
So them don lock the HEAD OFFICE thread again, una well done oooohhhh.

I wonder when you guys will learn dt replying trolls is NEVER worth it.

Now d trolls will be happy that they've achieved their aim.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.